Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭

I received a text message reminder at 9 AM Pacific Time. I logged in as a Guest and placed my order for 2 coins (Peace silver dollar). I thought the limit was 1 per household but my order of 2 went through without any problem. I then logged into my credit card account to see if I have a pending charge. No pending charge was seen. 5 minutes later, I logged back into my credit card account to check again but found no charge. I checked the time and it was 9:26. By then, I decided to go back to the US Mint website to place an order again. I went through the whole process and completed my order around 9:31. After I completed my order, I went back to my email inbox and sure enough, an order confirmation from the Mint had arrived. I am happy with 2 coins but I could have bought more had I known the household limit of 3 or 5 :smile:

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    Used two windows with Firefox. One with the Morgan the other the Peace.

Pitted the two against each other until I got the desired result.

Took seven tries against the BAD gateway.

Order hit at 12:06pm EST.

Just got my confirmation at 8:02pm EST.

How did you get free shipping?

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    So, who is getting up early to try again??!

I'm done................for now!!

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

And over 8 hours later, I get the confirmation e-mail for the Peace dollars.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

I still have mine in the bag...so will try to check out in the morning (If they are still there :D .

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I’m not sure if I got 6 Morgan’s or 3 Peace and 3 Morgan’s. Does anyone know if it would have prevented someone inadvertently exceeding the household limit?

It usually would not allow you to exceed.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

@djm said:
    I would suspect that your credit card company reversed the charges because they are all for the same amount within minutes of each other. They probably thought they were duplicate charges for the same item.

I don't see how that would happen but anything is possible I suppose. Either way the order was confirmed so at the end of the day that's all that matters. Maybe I'll call the CC company tomorrow and ask. Thanks!

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 11:56AM

Deleted

• Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 11:55AM

Deleted

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

Cool! I have, like, FIVE of those boxes in the closet...

Did u check for toning?

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I’m not sure if I got 6 Morgan’s or 3 Peace and 3 Morgan’s. Does anyone know if it would have prevented someone inadvertently exceeding the household limit?

Yes. It shouldn't allow you to complete a purchase if you reached the HHL

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr. 2percent here. Actually that’s a screenshot of confirmation. Enclosed is a picture of my secret weapon. A portable charger! Keep several charged on the desk. Getting old is hell but multiple chargers is a good grandpa hack🤓

I wish I had that kinda confidence that 2percent was enough 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 9:47PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Mr. 2percent here. Actually that’s a screenshot of confirmation. Enclosed is a picture of my secret weapon. A portable charger! Keep several charged on the desk. Getting old is hell but multiple chargers is a good grandpa hack🤓![]

I wish I had that kinda confidence that 2percent was enough 😁

You HAVE to put "Mr. 2 Percent" in your signature line of your profile now!

You've earned it, WITH distinction! B)

You could also go with the cooler looking signature tag line ---> 2%

:p

BST references available on request

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

So all I have for my 3 Peace order is a 'Checkout Confirmation'. 12 hours later and no email yet.
    Should I be worried?

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:
    So all I have for my 3 Peace order is a 'Checkout Confirmation'. 12 hours later and no email yet.
    Should I be worried?

That’s all I have too. But when I check my order history it’s there and listed as “processing” normally I get an email within a few hours

• Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

successfully pre ordered one of each morgan and 3 peace.

what a summer.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:
    Should I be worried?

Same for my two orders as well

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got my confirmation emails tonight about 9 hours after order placement.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

Up @ 0330 every morning, some might say 0 dark 30.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

Okay, I hit purchase on 3/3 and after the final button, the screen went totally blank. Hmmmmm...don't know if they went through, order history was disengaged. So I tried again. The mint's website was totally overwhelmed, you could tell. It sputtered, tested, failed, lost pages, stalled, choked, froze, and after signing in yet again after numerous refreshes, I was successful and saw the "order submitted" sign. Later I checked when order history was back, I was successful twice! One order already at BACKORDERED status!!!! The other is hung up on PROCESSING. I'm shocked that I was able to order 6 of each coin, but the site was really wonky. I don't want more than 3 of each. Will the HHL catch up with that second order? Will it be processed until the HHL is lifted? Will I get two orders? My guess it the second order will be cancelled by the mint's computer system...but as of right now, it's still processing.

• Options

I didn't see it flip to available to purchase today

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

I think they might be tricky this morning and flip at a different time...

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t see it flip, but catpha appeared, so plenty must must have been trying.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

Dear Brent:
    Your order placed on 08/11/21 has been confirmed. Please retain this summary for your records. Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint! Yay!! I got 2 of each confirmed!!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

I been hitting refresh for 27 minutes still nothing

• Options

@coinandcurrency242 said:
    Dear Brent:
    Your order placed on 08/11/21 has been confirmed. Please retain this summary for your records. Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint! Yay!! I got 2 of each confirmed!!

when did you get the confirmation email?

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 5:20AM

@coinandcurrency242 said:
    Dear Brent:
    Your order placed on :o:o:o 08/11/21 :o:o:o has been confirmed. Please retain this summary for your records. Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint! Yay!! I got 2 of each confirmed!!

instant confirmation?

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

Just got it about an hour ago

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've ordered over $10k from the mint this year and still don't get free shipping? :(

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:
    I've ordered over $10k from the mint this year and still don't get free shipping? :(

Sign up for the United States Mint Loyalty Program. See Customer Service for more info.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

They don't credit until after it ships. If it is still on backorder, it doesn't count yet.

• Options

I just got my confirmation email for yesterdays purchase. That took awhile

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

My order confirmation email was received at 7:09 this morning, and my order history now shows 'backordered'........now, just gotta do it allllll over again tomorrow morning!

I'll come up with something.
  • Options

just got my confirmation email at 8:40am EST today for the order placed yesterday afternoon. I'm relieved now. that was stressful!

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

US Mint Forum, yeah!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I told my wife yesterday, "Holy Jesus...our credit card is going to get walloped right around the holidays! Timely!"

• Options

The holiday season is going to be crazy with this screwy hot mess Better be ready for CC madness😁

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay! I did manage to get 3 Peace and 3 Morgan’s. Confirmed email this morning. Thought I might have overbought Morgan’s.

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 8:02AM

My order was confirmed and processing yesterday. In fact, I received a confirmation email at 12:02 pm yesterday as I was able to complete my purchase right away. Today it reflects that it is backordered. The cc charge is still pending. Cause for concern? The mint website says orders are processed in order of receipt. That doesn’t add up.

• Options

@Wahoo554 said:
    My order was confirmed and processing yesterday. Today it reflects that it is backordered. The cc charge is still pending. Cause for concern?

Normal I think. Of course, this year, about anything is normal for the mint.

• Options

@RichR said:
    As I said yesterday...despite all the annoying glitches and errors, there has been a marked improvement since the system overhaul.

At least now you feel that you have a relatively decent chance of getting your coins...not perfect by any stretch, but much improved!

Totally agree with you. I feel like we (humans) have a much better change of getting coins ordered now. The upgrades really have made a difference in reducing the BOTs and lengthening the ordering window. Last year, yesterdays release would have been sold out in a few minutes instead of 25+ minutes. As frustrating as yesterday was, it was still leaps and bounds better than last years releases.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wahoo554 said:
    My order was confirmed and processing yesterday. Today it reflects that it is backordered. The cc charge is still pending. Cause for concern?

I am in the exact same situation.

As I understand it, this is what is supposed to happen. Further, the pending cc charge will drop-off in a few days, because the charge for the coin(s) will not post until they actually ship.

• Options

@MetroD said:

@Wahoo554 said:

I am in the exact same situation.

As I understand it, this is what is supposed to happen. Further, the pending cc charge will drop-off in a few days, because the charge for the coin(s) will not post until they actually ship.

Im hoping so! Both my charges from last weeks and yesterdays are still pending on my CC!

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@originalsandman said:

Im hoping so! Both my charges from last weeks and yesterdays are still pending on my CC!

I cannot tell you exactly when the pending charges will drop.

However, I do know that the Mint does not charge our cc until they ship.

Reference

• Options

Also odd is after the CC and O was ordered, only the shipping amount was on hold with credit card. The last two times was full amount. Anybody else experience the same?

• Options

CC looking ok not changing my card. Yesterday peace dollar charged my card. It hit my balance so. WTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file