Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got them in a library using a candlestick!

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    I got them in a library using a candlestick!

That’s the same way and place Colonel Mustard was murdered! 🤣

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the final email and saw my three were moved to back order

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

the full amount hold on my CC is still there from last week...hope it drops off quickly. showing new full amount from today as well.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@RichR said:
    Serious question...has the Mint ever issued clamshell packaging to hold 6 silver dollars? I'd like to get my hand on something like that to house a set of these.

This 2011 set of 5 is perfect for the Morgan's, but I do not know of a 6 coin to hold the Peace.

How about the toning on the coins?

• Options
    KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Are the credit cards being charged now or when they ship the coins
    Thanks
    Frank D

• Options
    LiquidatedLiquidated Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 11:57AM

Deleted

• Options
    edited August 10, 2021 3:11PM

@Liquidated said:
    and in the event an incorrect number was entered will I have the option to correct prior to any possible cancellation?

subject to debate. many say no.

if you can get them to change it, then let us know!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@RMLTM79 said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    My first order of 3 & 3 took about 7 times at check out but got all 6. :)

Went back and ordered 3 & 3 it took 2 times at check out and got all 6. :)

I also have 3 friends that got an order for 6 and some or all of those may come my way. ;)

I'm a happy camper with better than expected results. :)

Your very lucky, you have great friends. I have immediate family that won't do this for me.

@RMLTM79 said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    My first order of 3 & 3 took about 7 times at check out but got all 6. :)

Went back and ordered 3 & 3 it took 2 times at check out and got all 6. :)

I also have 3 friends that got an order for 6 and some or all of those may come my way. ;)

I'm a happy camper with better than expected results. :)

Your very lucky, you have great friends. I have immediate family that won't do this for me.

Your family must be related to mine lol.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

@KISHU1 said:
    Thanks
    Frank D

@KISHU1

They charged me as soon as it went through. It is pending though.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 4:04PM

@KISHU1 said:
    Thanks
    Frank D

Normally, the Mint initiates a pending transaction upon order receipt. They then finalize the charge upon shipment.

In this case, shipping will not be immediate. So, the pending transaction will expire in a few days.

When the Mint actually ships the coin(s), they will post the transaction.

Reference

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@RichR said:
    Serious question...has the Mint ever issued clamshell packaging to hold 6 silver dollars? I'd like to get my hand on something like that to house a set of these.

This 2011 set of 5 is perfect for the Morgan's, but I do not know of a 6 coin to hold the Peace.

Cool! I have, like, FIVE of those boxes in the closet...

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinandcurrency242 said:

@KISHU1 said:
    Thanks
    Frank D

@KISHU1

They charged me as soon as it went through. It is pending though.

That's a hold not a charge. They only execute the charge when it ships.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

Can someone explain the photo to me? I don't understand how the Mint charges the CC on failed ordering attempts
    and then issues a credit. I'd of thought a charge would only hit the CC when an order is completed and a order number is issued.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 4:05PM

Card didn’t go through. They immediately hit your card with a hold then charge card when they ship. Same thing happened to me when I used wrong card but the hold on my card looked like your mint page. Wait that is your CC page right ? It looks like it finally went through. You probably tried more than once to place the order

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 4:16PM

@JimTyler said:
    Card didn’t go through. They immediately hit your card with a hold then charge card when they ship. Same thing happened to me when I used wrong card but the hold on my card looked like your mint page.

The photo above is a screenshot of my CC account. Only card on file and is always used with the Mint.
    Third attempt did work and order confirmation number was issued. Still confused.
    I did make multiple attempts and was getting different error pages, but don't understand why a charge occurred on each failed attempt.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

All’s well that ends well

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i thought the peace dollars would be selling for more, they are selling in the 160-175 area. i guess the 3 month wait to get the coins is driving prices down somewhat

• Options

I got one of each. Took me a few times to check out, but finally went through.

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    i thought the peace dollars would be selling for more, they are selling in the 160-175 area. i guess the 3 month wait to get the coins is driving prices down somewhat

the 3 month wait is not holding the CC and O back.

The number of BINs in that area is what is doing it.

I'll note there are fewer of these 2 releases than the D & S on ebay

there's over 700 of these and over 1,300 of D & S

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Theoretically speaking, of course...would you cancel any of the following orders...or would you sell them on eBay:

Morgan CC 3/2 orders (obviously not)
    Morgan O 3/2 orders (obviously not)
    Morgan D 3/3?
    Morgan S 3/3?
    Morgan P 3/3?
    Peace 3x3 (definitely not)

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Theoretically speaking, of course...would you cancel any of the following orders...or would you sell them on eBay:

Morgan D 3/3?
    Morgan S 3/3?
    Morgan P 3/3?

Yes, I think you should cancel all of your orders🤣😂

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

Morgan D 3/3?
    Morgan S 3/3?
    Morgan P 3/3?

I would NOT cancel. Bide your time. You’ll get over the issue price. They’ll be heavily marketed.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrBear said:

@Goldminers said:

@RichR said:

Cool! I have, like, FIVE of those boxes in the closet...

I also have several of these boxes left over from grading hidden somewhere in a box in the garage, which is why I thought of them.

Note the silver eagle coins are 40.6mm or a couple mm larger than the Morgan dollars at 38.1mm (1-1/2 inch), but my Air-Tite holder reference says H38 and H40.6 capsules both have the same outside diameter of 44.45mm or 1-3/4 inch, so there is a chance they may actually fit just fine. This needs to be checked to confirm, but I think it would make a nice display case if it all fits.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@Goldminers said:

@RichR said:

I seem to remember back then someone removed the wooden insert and said that 5 PCGS slabs were a perfect fit

(l8-)>>

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 4:58PM

Because the adjusted net demand seems to be stabilizing for these, and because all 2021 Morgan/Peace offerings have been released to initial ordering, I wonder if the mint will soon start making the remaining unsold of these (to the product limits) available for purchase again?

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 5:24PM

I would expect them to wait for fulfillment. since "pre-order" windows are closing. I wonder how many spoiled orders will be returned to inventory, before shipped.

what ever the difference between Pre-Order and Limited means ???

"Remind Me" buttons still there!

(l8-)>>

• Options

@edgar said:
    I would expect them to wait for fulfillment. since "pre-order" window has closed. I wonder how many spoiled orders will be returned to inventory, before shipped.

I wonder how many failed flips there will be, if any.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure yet...

We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. You will receive a confirmation email with more details within 24 hours.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went for the Peace buck first, got 3 in the first few minutes, then on to the Morgan, which took me 15 minutes of page not found, press n hold if you're human and suspecting me of using automation tools to order. No tools, software or tickery, just me and my company supplied phone on the side of the road, boasting 2 bars and sometimes 1. Managed to get 3 Morgans, it was rough though, guess persistence pays off.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do believe that using a gift certificate makes this process so much easier.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@RichR said:

There is also the 8 silver dollar coin clam shell for the 1995-1996 Olympic Silver dollars.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, who is getting up early to try again??!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:
    Can someone explain the photo to me? I don't understand how the Mint charges the CC on failed ordering attempts
    and then issues a credit. I'd of thought a charge would only hit the CC when an order is completed and a order number is issued.

I would suspect that your credit card company reversed the charges because they are all for the same amount within minutes of each other. They probably thought they were duplicate charges for the same item.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure if I got 6 Morgan’s or 3 Peace and 3 Morgan’s. Does anyone know if it would have prevented someone inadvertently exceeding the household limit?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file