Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

@coinandcurrency242 said:
    about to give up

keep trying for a bit. mine took FOREVER but went.

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

I got 3 of each with a USM confirmation order number. But order history is unavailable. I haven't decided whether to keep or flip some or all of them.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

At this rate...I'm going to create an account for my Grandmother and order her 3 each!

BST references available on request

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

The Mint's website said that I am not human. It said that based on the way I pressed and held, I am a jackass. I had no proof that I am not a jackass, so once again, I've been shut out.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

finally got through!

• Options

12:25 PM

Morgan - 21XE - Still Available

Peace - 21XH - Still Available

• Options

ugh...got 3 of each, but definitely wasnt easy or smooth. So glad i had my iphone out as well logged in. Kept getting the page doesnt exist and bad gateway and then the stupid human button??? ive never gotten the human button until i tried for the 2 1/10 designer set. Between that one and this, im not really seeing much improvement on the site. I think only thing that has helped is the HHL being dropped down to 3.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

I was able to get 2 of each

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

internet explorer kept freezing. switched to google chrome and was in and out in 30 seconds. lesson learned!

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wife got thru w/ 1 Morgan and 2 Peace at 914am, I got thru w/ 2 Morgan and 1 Peace at 918am. Now I'm done with USMint for awhile.

• Options
    Off_Cent_erOff_Cent_er Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭

I don't usually buy from the mint, but I really liked the Peace Dollar. Put in an order for 3 and got bad gateway once and then an error page. I then remembered why I don't buy from the mint. I said to hell with it I don't have time for this crap. I'll buy one later after the hype dies down.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

USM1084XXXX PEACE

• Options
    coinboynyccoinboynyc Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

After a few "bad gateway" glitches, and another glitch where they put 3 of each in my shopping cart even though I only ordered two of each, I got the checkout confirmation, and subsequently the order acknowledgement e-mail. So does that mean my order was definitely successful, or do I have to wait 24 hours for the confirmation e-mail?

(Yeah, maybe I should have left it at 3 of each and flipped the extra. But I'm really not a flipper, and - maybe I shouldn't say anything - even one of each was a little more than my budget could stand. But this was so unique an item, one I've been hoping would be a reality when it was first mentioned, and looking forward to buy once it was announced that it was really going to happen, that I had to splurge.)

Let's Go Mets!
  • Options

looks like peace is still available...

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went after peace first, even though the mintage was a bit higher, only one of the type. I figured I could trade a xtra cc for a 21P Morgan if need be. Thta is one of the fastest and easiest times, I ever tried ordering, went through in less than 45 sec,
    So Now I get around to go back in and get the morgan, not so easy. It took several tries, and bad gateway messages and such to finally get thru at 12:12

• Options

12:28 PM

Peace - 21XH - UNAvailable

• Options

12:29 PM

Morgan - 21XE - UNAvailable

Peace - 21XH - UNAvailable

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 Peace after I proved I was a human.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    edited August 10, 2021 10:04AM

Duplicate Post - Disregard...

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

All apparently sold out as of 12:20 ET

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

Peace went to reminder at 12:28

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭

Took from 12:00 to 12:19 with multiple entering of cc # but success for Peace Dollar through Phone App.

• Options

looks like they are both unavailable now

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    12:22 PM

Peace - 21XH - Still Available

Website is refreshing very quickly...was this sale a bust based upon the hype??

Both now unavailable

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

got all 6, the morgans were much easier then the peace dollars

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot all about it but it looked like some were left when I tried for the peace dollar a few minutes ago. Kept getting error messages after setting payment method. When I proved I was a human it was sold out. Oh well, I gave it a half hearted try :)

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the Peace dollar in my bag, then checked out, but was sent repeatedly to page not found. This was on Chrome. After maybe 10 attempts, with the bag still showing what I wanted, I switched to Edge. I was able to complete the order in one attempt. The browser made the difference in the process. Odd, because for the Denver mint Morgan, I had no issues whatsoever on Chrome.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just tried the Morgan again and response said 'No longer available' vs 'Page not found' that I got the last 5 times I tried. I did get 1 of the Peace which I liked better. so I'm happy.

• Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Credit card alerted me that it's been charged, but no order email from the mint. Does this mean I didn't get it, or I got it.?

• Options

@SeatedToners said:
    internet explorer kept freezing. switched to google chrome and was in and out in 30 seconds. lesson learned!

...if only you had used FireFox's browser...you would have not wasted the 30+ seconds nor had to use Chrome (bonus)

Wait, you used Internet Explorer??

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Anybody ever try this ? Got my order in for 3 of each then put 3 more in my bag for tomorrow.

HHL should still be in effect tomorrow

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

Woof. That stunk.

• Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭

The last 2 Morgan releases were really easy compared to before. I wonder what they did to circumvent the bots. Other companies should copy LOL

Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Got what I wanted. It was easier than expected. I really thought I would come up short on the Peace Dollar with all the hype.
    I sure am glad this is done! I just wanted the complete set.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 9:34AM

Interesting when I ordered the CC my cc was not charged. Shows order but not charged. Just got a peace dollar and my cc has been charged. That’s quick being as order history is temporarily closed.
    My order for the CC is as solid as any. All information is correct showing backorder

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man I can't stand this Mint system.
    Was easily able to load both many times.
    Each time (20 perhaps) got to confirm order then kicked back or got the stupid human challenge. It is so absurd. I do it then the stupid bar is right back. After several tries got past it. Then, Peace sold out and removed from cart. Then Morgan sold out. Unbelievable.

Ended up only being able to get 3 of the 6 coins (Morgans/Peace) Got 10 O Morgan's and 3 each of the last offering.

So incredibly frustrating today.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took me until 12:19 to get 2 peace & 2 Morgan dollars. Multiple gateway errors and timeouts.

I was able to order all 6 coins over the past 2 months, but the process was so cumbersome and time-consuming, I'm so glad this is over. I haven't ordered anything from the mint in 15 years until this. I now remember why. Bleh.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went pretty smooth.

Recent silver price crash dilute interest? Not sure... but I thought they would sell out by 9:10.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

After holding the prove you are human for 30 minutes I get the remove unavailable items.....both....signed out.

The Mint Ordering System Sucks !

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Connecticoin said:
    After 22 minutes and 15 "page is not found" errors, finally got my order in. This was the worst one since the Mint re-tooled the ordering system.

That's the one I got nearly every time I hit place order. I thought for sure one of the tries would work. However, instead of an order number I got this or the stupid human bar each time.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file