Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something like the 2006&2011 ase combos. Perhaps a 5- coin Morgan set with the dang ase’s they could dang near make a baker’s dozen 🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

No set

CC and O both sold through

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2021 1:40AM

Never ceases to amaze me what people will pay for FOMO.🤔

Hope these buyers get what they pay for or they get their refund because they will be way past the 90 day Ebay window 😂🤣

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    ...40,000 missing...unless they're planning a multi-coin set later this year, But there would be an uproar over something like that!

"Production of the five 2021 Morgan Silver Dollars will halt at 875,000. No more than 200,000 of the 2021 Peace Silver Dollars will be made. 2021 Morgan and Peace dollar products will stay at the current six — no set combinations or other options will be offered. The United States Mint will allow authorized bulk purchasers to claim up to 10% of the silver dollars before they go on sale to the public. The U.S. Mint also hopes the production of Morgan and Peace dollars will continue into next year and beyond."
    Source

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

If you missed out..just wait for October flood.

Waves of ungraded coins from the 3 HHL limit folks

Waves of slabbed 69/70s from the pre allocated (87,500!) %10 dealer chunk.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it read, ****1921**** Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread. Good luck on that one, flipping 1921 Morgan dollars.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2021 8:39AM

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Hope these buyers get what they pay for or they get their refund because they will be way past the 90 day Ebay window 😂🤣

One of my favorite sayings:
    "You get what you pay for but not always what you paid for"

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lately, the modern folk here are spinning conspiracy theories faster than CNN. Sometimes it just is exactly what it appears to be.

• Options
    edited August 8, 2021 9:24AM

Wow. At least it’s for one each $2300 no problem 😂
    Thanks for the heads up ms. M

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

The PFS offer on 21XE and 21XH follows.

For reference, the PFS offer on 21XG and 21XF, released 08/03/21, was $85.05 "total profit". Post

Link

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pre-order button was there this AM, but no functionality.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

[Pre-order button was there this AM, but no functionality.]

Before having my morning coffee...I thought you meant the button was there for tomorrow's coins!!!

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

got two S Morgans in my bag. Gone before I could finish checkout

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Does status change from processing to shipped only at the end of the day, or can it happen at anytime during the day?

• Options

@kimber45ACP said:
    Does status change from processing to shipped only at the end of the day, or can it happen at anytime during the day?

Any time during the day

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

on August 2, 2021 @MsMorrisine said:
    84 listings

32 “new listing “

23 ending in under 10 days

CC - $320++ trending WAY UP

O - still in the $220-$230 area

90 listings

18 "new listing"

43 ending in under 7 days

CC - $400+ trending WAY, WAY UP

O - $275 + trending UP

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

D & S

over 1,350 listings

true auctions about $150 or less

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

I don't collect Peace Dollars but would like one of these, based on the 200,000 mintages these will be gone very quick I assume. If I get thru I will get 3. I was lucky getting thru on the Morgans and have a good internet connection so maybe I will get lucky. I plan on selling 2 and keeping 1
    Al

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else about tapped out, I have to eat, guess there's always Raminoodle. I can live on that for a couple months or so.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s my dilemma... I want to buy max tomorrow. Keep the peaces, flip the Morgan’s. That means the Morgan’s won’t be in a sealed box if I buy all at the same time, which is easiest.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 9:06PM

I would think the peace dollar will go faster than the plain Morgan. Might get lucky starting with the peace dollar then go for the Morgan. Anyway it’s a crap shoot but really thinking the peace dollar will be the hard one. Good luck 🤓

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife is putting on her human face now...

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

I won't even try because I will not be able to prove I'm human.

• Options

@RichR said:
    My wife is putting on her human face now...

Make sure she tucks her tail...

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Thank God this is almost over. I'm getting a little tired of these releases. And, at this point, thanks to all the back-orders, I have NO IDEA what is out there waiting to hit my credit cards. After months of waiting, they'll probably ship all of them at once. smh

Ugh...that's my thoughts as well.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Thank God this is almost over. I'm getting a little tired of these releases. And, at this point, thanks to all the back-orders, I have NO IDEA what is out there waiting to hit my credit cards. After months of waiting, they'll probably ship all of them at once. smh

You know, I've thought about this too. With them waiting and shipping everything "later", it really does create a bit of a dilemma. No telling how many thousands of dollars are going to hit all at once. Better be prepared.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@jmlanzaf said:

You know, I've thought about this too. With them waiting and shipping everything "later", it really does create a bit of a dilemma. No telling how many thousands of dollars are going to hit all at once. Better be prepared.

I've tried to spread it out on different cards. But it is starting to add up. They do seem to be shipping the gold now which is a help. But I have 40 or 50 silver eagles on back order, as many as 80 Morgan dollars on back order and at least a couple of gold coins. And there are 3 more releases this week and then the reverse proofs in a couple weeks.

• Options
    edited August 10, 2021 7:33AM

@jwitten said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Here's a thought....don't buy so many of each one if you are going to worry about how to pay for them🙄

It's called impulse control and discipline 😂🤣

Also you have the orders to review and tally the amounts by using a calculator. Is it really that hard to keep track of your finances?🙄

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jwitten said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Here's a thought....don't buy so many of each one if you are going to worry about how to pay for them🙄

Also you have the orders to review and tally the amounts by using a calculator. Is it really that hard to keep track of your finances?🙄

I'm keeping track. But the one thing that is an unknown is when the mint will finally decide to charge your card for the purchases. Normally, they have items in stock so you are charged in a reasonable time frame. But with all these morgans, and with several other items now back ordered, you really don't know what will hit when. So basically you have to think worse case scenario and expect it all to hit at once.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jwitten said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I'm keeping track. But the one thing that is an unknown is when the mint will finally decide to charge your card for the purchases. Normally, they have items in stock so you are charged in a reasonable time frame. But with all these morgans, and with several other items now back ordered, you really don't know what will hit when. So basically you have to think worse case scenario and expect it all to hit at once.

Exactly. And you also can't control other events associated with your credit card (see my prior post).

Imagine if your bank decided that they could just automatically remove your mortgage payment from your checking account whenever it was convenient for them.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

I am ready for 12:00!! I have the website open and on the Morgan dollar and logged in with my payment account good to go!! Lets get em! All I have to do is click refresh!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

Add to that the possibility with the mint saying shipping in October. Great does that mean charge your cc in September? Just a real gigantic snafu possibility 😈🙀

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 956 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve already bought 6

Of something else…..

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i wonder what the market will be like by the time they ship these?

• Options

Crazy for the CC Morgan’s and crazy for the peace dollar. Ok-good for the rest

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint being good capitalists and all... frankly I'm surprised they aren't offering D and S Peace Dollar versions as well.
    This lack of options will put more demand pressure on the Peace today no doubt.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MrBear said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MrBear said:

@jmlanzaf said:

No one does a long term flip.

You probably don't want to look at my sealed-from-the-mint mailing box of 20 9/11 silver dollars that I got 10 years ago.

That's not a flip. You owned it for 10 years. It's a hoard. It's a speculation. It's a collection. But it's not a flip

Well…I bought it to flip…

So, anyone who buys ASE's to invest in bullion is a flipper?

Back in 2011, the Mint still had a "preorder NOW and you save $10 from when we release the coin later." So I pre-ordered 20 each of the proof & unc versions. I think they were around $45 each. Months later, I'd completely forgotten about the order. I was about to go on a 10-day road trip in early September and had some camera gear that had just shown up at the 11th hour at my PO Box. When I go to get it, the guy hands me this large OTHER box from the Mint. Well, I'm LITERALLY on my way to pick up my buddy to drive to Arizona, so I missed the 7-day return window.

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    What happens if your credit card gets hacked between May and October?

You could have bought a SINGLE $75 COIN and be SOL in October if one of those things happen.

Don't remind me. :'( The issues with the web site are annoying but tolerable to me. This peculiar ordering in May to receive product in October (Why? Why not sell them only when they are actually available to ship?) and not being able to change the method of payment has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

site down!!!

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two hiccups and then order confirmation for three! Sweet

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Got mine at 12:03, 3 peace, quickest ever!

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

In, out, done and dusted in two minutes!

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

got to processing and now I don't know if it processed. page you looking for can't be found

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep pressing the buttons when they don't do anything, eventually they move you to the next step.
    Got my 3!
    B)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I got three peace, bag is empty but confirmation page only has the header, blank otherwise

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little more time consuming than last time , order placed at 1103 after
    1.proving I’m human once (captcha)
    2. Getting error at credit card
    3. Having to manually type in card numbers

Order confirmed,
    I’m excited I got all six (only 2 cc and o and 3 of each thereafter)

I plan to flip one complete set , which may pay for everything else (fingers crossed)

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    MJ1927MJ1927 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

12:02 and got two of each - as the 2021 series have gone, this was actually the smoothest!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file