Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 9:14PM

@RMLTM79 said:
    I've been out of the loop but what does backordered mean? My CC was charged and received a confirmation email.

They don’t ship until mid October your cc was pinged but they can’t charge until shipping begins 🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well see you in the morning for coffee and a little fishing 7:30 am eastern 🤓 I’m just catch and release until the peace dollar

>

Thinking about taking you up on the 7:30am fishing. Gonna need it to prepare for Thursday's gold 2 coin tenth ounce set fiasco

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

@RMLTM79 said:
    I've been out of the loop but what does backordered mean? My CC was charged and received a confirmation email.

Backorder is when the're out of stock and have to make more to fill the orders. Your order will be shipped they just don't know when, at this point.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

Ah yes I seem to remember that being the case October shipping is ordered and backorder is later. My bad 😁

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@fcloud said

Backorder is when the're out of stock and have to make more to fill the orders. Your order will be shipped they just don't know when, at this point.

Thats true in a perfect world, however it is the Mint we're talking about

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RMLTM79
    It'll probably show "backorder" for everyone who were able to placed an order since USMint is not shipping those coin 'till late October (who knows maybe earlier). Both my order from May 24th and this morning shows "backorder". Anyone else can confirm this?

• Options

My CC from 5-24 sez backorder. Order placed 1st day first 5 minutes. Shows $85 for 1 and no figures entered in the final check out boxes. Credit card pinged but not charged. G

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@Knell said:
    @RMLTM79
    It'll probably show "backorder" for everyone who were able to placed an order since USMint is not shipping those coin 'till late October (who knows maybe earlier). Both my order from May 24th and this morning shows "backorder". Anyone else can confirm this?

My order from this morning shows the status as "processing", however, that could be because I had an available coin in the order as well as the Morgan's.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 1:33AM

@Knell said:
    @RMLTM79

My shipping order at this time for my D and S Morgans shows, PROCESSING. Not backorder. Email received almost immediately after order at 12:23 PM. Credit card pinged.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:

@Knell said:
    @RMLTM79

My shipping order at this time for my D and S Morgans shows, PROCESSING. Not backorder. Email received almost immediately after order at 12:23 PM. Credit card pinged.

It will energizing flip to backorder

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Just received my last Mint E-mail confirmation at 7am this morning ...lol

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing available on Mint Website this AM.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@bluelobster said:
    Just received my last Mint E-mail confirmation at 7am this morning ...lol

Still waiting on mine.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Just had a “prove you are human” this morning!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been checking and refreshing since 4:30 PDT. nothing popped us as available...

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:
    I've been checking and refreshing since 4:30 PDT. nothing popped us as available...

Why do this? In October, you will have your choice of S or D issues for about $10-$15 over Mint issue price delivered.

In fact we may see sales below issue price when the main wave hits eBay.

The CC, O and the Peace issue will be the only ones to hold increased value long term.

IMHO.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 6:16AM

Unless there numbers are different..why would any of them be more valuable than the rest of the 2021’s. Unless there was a strike issue or something. The original Cc’s were of course harder to obtain ie. Limited numbers survived…here not the case

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Unless there numbers are different..why would any of them be more valuable than the rest of the 2021’s. Unless there was a strike issue or something. The original Cc’s were of course harder to obtain ie. Limited numbers survived…here not the case

Demand, not supply

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am with you when they first charged my card the hold went through fine and was there for days.

Separately I had a dealer take 2+ months to process an online order, since it took so long they contacted me and said after 30 days the CC info wont process and the card had to be entered again. How is the mint processing all these order after several months? This could end up being a huge nightmare for the mint.

@MWK said:

@blu62vette said:
    What are people doing if you credit card got hacked between May and now so you have a new CC? Is the order screwed? I called the mint and they said it will get cancelled. I know I read somewhere they were able to fix it but that was a while ago.

Well, I'm screwed because the credit card I used to order the CC and O Morgan dollars was hacked last week. I called the mint in the hopes that they could alter the order but they said that they cannot do that. The customer support representative then told me that what will happen is that when the charge fails to clear, the mint will notify me through e-mail that the order has failed. Supposedly, I'll have 48 hours to call the mint and clear up the situation before the order is cancelled.

I don't have a good feeling about being given any opportunity at all to fix up the order. This is pretty infuriating. I don't understand why the mint had to sell the coins months before they were able to start shipping. Even worse is the inability to alter the method of payment for a standing orde

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

With any "set" of limited edition items there always seems to be one more valuable than the others. Right now it appears to be the CC for those foolish enough to buy them from a seller who doesn't even have them yet.🙄

It remains to be seen which of the 6 Morgans will be become the highest priced flip. We will know for sure in October/November and definitely by Christmas!🎅🤶

Until then no one knows for sure.😎

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:

@mbogoman said:

Why do this? In October, you will have your choice of S or D issues for about $10-$15 over Mint issue price delivered.

The CC, O and the Peace issue will be the only ones to hold increased value long term.

IMHO.

Are you guaranteeing these prices? ;)

Sounds like someone is trying to talk down half the issue and talk up the other half.

The dynamics have already been illustrated but you seen to be ignoring them. The first issues had a HHL of 10 while the second issues were 3. Once the supply gets spread across the collecting world the situation with supply and demand will likely even out.

I'll go a step further and make a wild prediction: the D and S coins will be MORE valuable. Why? Because orders for CC and O probably went disproportionately to resellers who maxed out their HHL, while the D andi S were more likely to be bought by people who want to keep them. So, there will be fewer D/S coins on the secondary market.

But don't quote me on that. :D

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@carew4me said:

@mbogoman said:

IMHO.

Sounds like someone is trying to talk down half the issue and talk up the other half.

The dynamics have already been illustrated but you seen to be ignoring them. The first issues had a HHL of 10 while the second issues were 3. Once the supply gets spread across the collecting world the situation with supply and demand will likely even out.

I'll go a step further and make a wild prediction: the D and S coins will be MORE valuable. Why? Because orders for CC and O probably went disproportionately to resellers who maxed out their HHL, while the D andi S were more likely to be bought by people who want to keep them. So, there will be fewer D/S coins on the secondary market.

I will quote you on that, I think that is correct.

Also add in the privy mintmarks are hideous and there were no CC or O '21 Morgans.

• Options

I was thinking the same thing the privy mark makes it different than traditional morgans. That difference could make it more valuable or less

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    I was thinking the same thing the privy mark makes it different than traditional morgans. That difference could make it more valuable or less

LOL. Way to cover your bases!

• Options

I am from the government I am here to help😃

• Options
    edited August 4, 2021 8:38AM

@JBK said:

@carew4me said:

@mbogoman said:

IMHO.

I'm not sure there's that big a difference in the number of excess coins out there. How many people here bought just one D and one S? Seems like most everyone bought 3, probably to flip (or trade) 2 of them. And there seem to be just as many pre-sale offers on eBay albeit at a lower price.

• Options

The CC because of the romance the higher price of CC’s in general. The peace dollar is a horse of a different color but there not being D mm except for 21 or no CC or O. People won’t care. Note that $300-400+ for presale CC and the others half that or a little more My humble opinion of course 🤓

• Options

HHL is off.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2021 9:10AM

My intent wasn't to talk down "half the issue". I didn't purchase any of the Morgans (tried and failed for CC and O..but only to flip) and I am only commenting on the flipping/profit potential. Once the HHL was lowered on the S and D, I determined that the flip potential was gone for those 2. The ease of ordering S and D cemented their flipping fate

I still think the Peace has legs and will end up in the $140-$175 range long term. All non CC and O Morgans will be plentiful at $95-$105 long term.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

@carew4me said:
    My intent wasn't to talk down "half the issue". I didn't purchase any of the Morgans (tried and failed for CC and O..but only to flip) and I am only commenting on the flipping/profit potential. Once the HHL was lowered on the S and D, I determined that the flip potential was gone for those 2. The ease of ordering S and D cemented their flipping fate

I still think the Peace has legs and will end up in the $140-$175 range long term. All none CC and O Morgans will be plentiful at $95-$105 long term.

"long term" is different than "short term"

No one does a long term flip.

• Options

I agree. I am not sure > @fathom said:

@JBK said:

@carew4me said:

@mbogoman said:

IMHO.

I will quote you on that, I think that is correct.

Also add in the privy mintmarks are hideous and there were no CC or O '21 Morgans.

I think I am already correct. :p

Pre-Sales for S and D are already le$$ than half CC or O. :#

And that is right out of the gate so only down hill. Wait until October flood (lots o people bought 3) B)

If your a collector...who cares...if your a flipper....beware. o:)

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:
    How is the mint processing all these order after several months? This could end up being a huge nightmare for the mint.

The mint is, in all likelihood, storing the credit card information in their computer systems and making a real charge when they ship the coins. I don't know if they save the cardholder verification number or not (they really shouldn't). I do wonder how secure the mint's systems are. I can count on one hand the number of companies I allow to store my credit card information and I almost never buy things outside of a fairly small group of merchants, many of whom require chip-and-PIN to complete the transactions. Some vendor's information security is not up to snuff and that is what caused my card to get compromised. It would be quite the irony if the U.S. Mint were the culprit.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 9:46AM

All these price discussions...just like all the predicted computer chaos...are a complete unknown at the moment.

Only time will tell.

For one thing...are these a single year special...or part of a multiyear series? Do we know for sure?

And if multiyear, what will those mintages be?

Just too many variables right now.

I'm just pleased that I'll own multiple MS70s of two extremely popular classic coins...which would not have been possible until now.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    They could just say pre-order window beginning at noon (ET) August 10 and extending until August 10 at 1230pm (ET)

Awesome.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

1,290 listings

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fathom said:

I don't like them either. They remind me of bullion rounds.

I don't know why the mint didn't just add a CC or O, unless there is some statutory prohibition, but I doubt there is.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI: Since I received the below confirmation this morning, the order status went from PENDING to BACKORDER

Dear xxxx:
    Your order placed on 08/04/21 has been confirmed. Please retain this summary for your records. Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint!

• Options

Me too

• Options

1,330 listings

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay makes a lot more than the Mint does on these popular issues.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. The mint is selling an ounce of silver for $85. That's pretty good.

• Options

@Goldminers said:

for the CC, the flippers are winning

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the us mint employees make bank though, they have other fixed costs also, at certain times they do run in the red

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Not to mention that the last time I checked, @jmlanzaf was buying them now for over issue price. ;)

Are you still at $150/ea

BST references available on request

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Not to mention that the last time I checked, @jmlanzaf was buying them now for over issue price. ;)

Are you still at $150/ea

No. I think I bought enough, if everyone comes through.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@Goldminers said:

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. The mint is selling an ounce of silver for $85. That's pretty good.

That is only part of their cost.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan to offer all of mine as a group to the highest bidding dealer. If no takers that I like, I'll send 'em all in for grading. Should be fun either way. :)

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:
    I plan to offer all of mine as a group to the highest bidding dealer. If no takers that I like, I'll send 'em all in for grading. Should be fun either way. :)

Careful. You know how much some people hate flippers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file