kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 9:44AM

11:27 - D is unavailable (local time)

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    12:22 and still both are NOT sold out...

I think this release is not as popular as it was hyped to be...

Poor PFS club...

Time to release the HHL!

12:25 S is sold out

12:27 - D is STILL Available

12:27:45 - D is NOW Sold Out

BST references available on request

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now no longer available or "Remind Me" button @ 9:28am.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the reaction around here...essentially "that was too easy...SO SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG!"

It's like Stockholm Syndrome for coin collectors!

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, looks like I had multiple orders for max go through on the same account again, just like it did with the silver proofs recently. It kept giving me the error message so I kept trying, and it looks like several orders actually went through by accident. Now I have to try to get one deleted so BOTH don't get deleted.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

D gone too

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

So everyone got their "S" and "D" which means the secondary/flip is gone for these.
    "CC" and "O" will be the only long term appreciation candidates.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

i mean under 30 minute sell out isnt bad...just not quite the craziness the CC and O was. Next week should be a good one!

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:
    Total Cluster F*%$. I have been asked if I'm human 8 times. I still haven't been able to check out. had 3 in the bag at 30 seconds, still trying, still getting bounced and fu'd

You are doing it wrong bro.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got checked for "Human" over 20 times. Real PITA and each time it did nothing. I was never able to check out. Will try tomorrow morning, but as far as I can see the performance of the checkout has been improved zippo...

• Options
    TequilaDaveTequilaDave Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

30 mins for both to sell-out, not too shabby. Got my 3 ea on the first try.....weird, to say the least

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@Burnie said:
    That was horrendous! It took me a full 14 minutes with numerous repeat errors and my bag not completing checkout. System unable to verify the CVC and had to try a different credit card. Somehow, miraculously I got through checkout. Order # USM1007XXXX

What Browser and equipment were you using? Google Chrome??

Yes, Google Chrome on an older laptop. Although, I also had my phone browser with the app open as well (as a back up). The back up could have caused some issues? "System unable to verify". I had relatively no problems with the last issue.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:
    So everyone got their "S" and "D" which means the secondary/flip is gone for these.

How do you know? Did you speak to everyone? How many phone calls have you made confirming your absolute certainty?

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:

Maybe. I still think the privy marks will be a deal breaker if they look like the W quarters privy marks.

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

Now its unavailable

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure I got an order confirmation email while I was pressing the button trying to prove I'm a human... hahaha, never did see the confirmation show up on the mint website... hope I ordered what I think I ordered!

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    Not working well today for me. I eventually got 3 21-S ordered after a few "you aren't human" and gateway timeout problems, but every time I try completing checkout for the 21-D I get the "The Page You Are Looking For Cannot Be Found" page after a while.

I had same problem, finally got order through at 12:18.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

@mbogoman said:

@jessewvu said:

@mbogoman said:
    Total Cluster F*%$. I have been asked if I'm human 8 times. I still haven't been able to check out. had 3 in the bag at 30 seconds, still trying, still getting bounced and fu'd

I had no trouble getting the max CC last month, so I'm not doing anything wrong. It's all luck. There is no special technique.

Sure there is, you just don’t know it

• Options
    superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

Got 3 each with a confirmation order email. I guess I’m good to go

Dave

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Tried nearly 20 minutes to get the S, finally did after proving I was human to many times and the dreaded page not available multiple as well. Said what the hell and tried for the D's, got order in first try, go figure. Got confirmation email for the S, it says it went through at 12:06, oh boy here we go! - hope its not multiple orders of the S! System is still a pain in the butt!

• Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

I haven't been asked if I'm human in my last 3 orders. Glad not to deal with that hurdle

• Options

@jessewvu said:

@mbogoman said:

@jessewvu said:

@mbogoman said:

I had no trouble getting the max CC last month, so I'm not doing anything wrong. It's all luck. There is no special technique.

Why are you taunting? I agree with him that there is randomness in play here to get the order processed. Just because you got your orders in doesn't mean you will next week 😎

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 D and 1 S at 12:23.

USM1025XXXX

ORDER ACKNOWLEDGMENT     

Dear Valued Customer:
    We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. You will receive a confirmation email with more details within 24 hours.

Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 3 of each but took longer this time (20 minutes). After clicking the final confirmation it went to "page not found" at least 4 times. I would go back to my cart and check out again each time until it took.

• Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

Ive never seen the prove your human...so glad too!

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jessewvu said:

@mbogoman said:

@jessewvu said:

@mbogoman said:

Why are you taunting? I agree with him that there is randomness in play here to get the order processed. Just because you got your orders in doesn't mean you will next week 😎

I didn’t say I got an order in. There is a technique that has better chances of success than having no strategy.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that was anything but easy. Not even sure what I got...

Dozens of "Page Not Found", "Bad Gateway" and "Press and Hold" messages.

• Options
    roob47roob47 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

Not gonna lie I was getting very frustrated with today’s checkout but after many browsers tried and many failed attempts somehow I was able to get both orders to checkout. Credit card has been hit twice so far and one email , hope y’all had some good luck as well.

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 9:43AM

I didn't have the "are you human" issues, but pretty much everything else that was mentioned up above. I added the S's to my bag with no problem. The D's were slow. Then on the checkout screen "AAAAHHHHH!!! The security code on my credit card!!" (card was at the other end of the house. So I run and get it, and enter it in. Then I got the "Page unavailable" or whatever. So I refresh and try again. Meanwhile, I have another browser with my other account, so I'm trying to do that. I get the same kinds of problems. Lots of screen refreshes. Finally get my two orders in. I think it took about 10 minutes.

Then I text my buddy who was also hot for these. He's on vacation, so he couldn't log in. I told him he's stuck buying three of each, because I'm just going to take the mint box and stick it into a larger box and ship it to him. I also got him two each of the privy ones, because he couldn't get his orders through back in May. I'm totally going to jack those prices up on him. I figure I can scam him for at least an extra $.25/coin! o:)

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

@kevinstang said:
    Tried nearly 20 minutes to get the S, finally did after proving I was human to many times and the dreaded page not available multiple as well. Said what the hell and tried for the D's, got order in first try, go figure. Got confirmation email for the S, it says it went through at 12:06, oh boy here we go! - hope its not multiple orders of the S! System is still a pain in the butt!

Well got 3 confirmation emails so far, cant check orders on mint site yet, anyone know how to cancel one order? so they don't both get dumped?

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! I was able to get through this time! :)

First time 3 of each had to re-enter info and check out 10 times, but finally got a confirmation. ;)

Went back to try again got 3 more of each in the bag, same check out problems, then the S went unavailable.
    Was able to check out with 3 D's. :)

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

order history is offline so can't check order numbers yet

• Options

Ok Guys and Gals...

For those who are mentioning how hard or how easy it was to order...

Please indicate in your post what type of equip (computer, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.) AND what internet browser you were using (Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Edge, etc...).

We need Data Points going forth, as to what works...and what seems to NOT work for making these purchases.

Example, I made my purchase today on a laptop, using Chrome (and had some issues but eventually got through).

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got in right at 11, was printing out order at 11:02. Perhaps a new record.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one window on S and a second on D. Got 3 S in the bag flipped to my D page got all 6 and one time through to completion

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 orders of 3 each done by 12:14.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weirdly, my older, slower laptop won the race while my hyped up never PC didn't. Both loaded with the same applications.

So there is a luck of the draw aspect operating here.

• Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Order history just popped up for me. :)

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    Ok Guys and Gals...

Please indicate in your post what type of equip (computer, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.) AND what internet browser you were using (Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Edge, etc...).

We need Data Points going forth, as to what works...and what seems to NOT work for making these purchases.

Example, I made my purchase today on a laptop, using Chrome (and had some issues but eventually got through).

Good luck with that! 😂🤣

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 9:54AM

PC, Win10, Firefox, cable internet @ 200 Mbp. Same setup as always, just no luck today...

It's random, there is no magic bullet. Your survey will find nothing of value. I have been ordering from the mint online since they started taking online orders. I actually had better luck in the old days when you could have multiple browser windows open to complete the task. Their "improvements" have closed some of the former workarounds. I can't tell if they have eliminated the bots, but they sure did a good job of eliminating me today. Hopefully I'll have better LUCK next week on the Peace...

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 9:53AM

I use a desktop, windows 10, Brave browser with the shields turned off and my VPN turned off. When not ordering from the mint, shields and VPN are always on.

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    Ok Guys and Gals...

Negative ghost rider. That’s propriety information.

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    Ok Guys and Gals...

Good luck with that! 😂🤣

Hey, someone has to at least _try _and get all these wild mustang types on here to collectively contribute for the good of all of us...

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    order history is offline so can't check order numbers yet

You should already received at least 1 order confirmation email---"We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. .."

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    So...if I'm reading those sales charts correctly...people must be cancelling orders (or having their orders cancelled) and roughly 3,000+ of each coin is theoretically still available for sale in the future?

1) yes
    2) "roughly 3,000+ of each coin is theoretically still available for sale in the future"....IMO, likely, but not certainly.

The planchets are unique to these 2021 Morgans and Peace coins. The mint acquired 1,075,000 of these planchets. The mintage limit for each issue is published. The planchets for ~3000 unsold for the each, the CC and O privy mark Morgans, cannot be diverted to the other Morgans and the Peace in 2021 due to their mintage limits, nor can they be diverted to other silver dollar series from the mint due to the unique planchets. Therefore, the mint has the following options, as I see it: a) strike up the planchets and sell the ~3000 unsold coins for each, b) melt the unsold planchets, or c) divert the planchets to the rumored 2022 production.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    Ok Guys and Gals...

Why would we give any information to somebody who appears to post mostly (only?) in threads about US Mint products to resell and doesn't seem to really contribute to the forum otherwise? It seems like you use the hobby has a means to profit, and while there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't seem as if you actually care about the hobby in any other way, at least not from your limited post history here.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@jessewvu said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    Ok Guys and Gals...

Negative ghost rider. That’s propriety information.

Really? Don't you at least want to throw us off the trail and tell us that you ordered in the middle of field, while out on your tractor, on your iPhone 5s? :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file