Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:

@oilers99 said:
    If people are using paypal, do they take the funds right away??

Can't use PayPal on the first day

Does that make sense to anyone?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not receive an email but the order number is listed as processing on my orders history page.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Running Google Chrome, FireFox and Edge browsers on 2 laptops running the latest MS operating system.

Orders went through on the older laptop in Chrome today vs. on the newer laptop using Firefox for the Type 2 Eagles last month.

And I didn't get the human check at all this week vs. 4 times last time.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone lives rural WiFi signal is another problem

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    Asked if I was a human twice I had to hold down red button

Same here. I did. Of course, it just kept prompting me to do the same. So screwed up. How can they not know that this does not work?

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received email. Credit card hit. Mint site shows my order PROCESSING.

• Options

I got 3 of each, 2 separate orders on my phone. Errors both times but ended up working out.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    Ok Guys and Gals...

For those who are mentioning how hard or how easy it was to order...

Please indicate in your post what type of equip (computer, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.) AND what internet browser you were using (Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Edge, etc...).

We need Data Points going forth, as to what works...and what seems to NOT work for making these purchases.

Example, I made my purchase today on a laptop, using Chrome (and had some issues but eventually got through).

Why would we give any information to somebody who appears to post mostly (only?) in threads about US Mint products to resell and doesn't seem to really contribute to the forum otherwise? It seems like you use the hobby has a means to profit, and while there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't seem as if you actually care about the hobby in any other way, at least not from your limited post history here.

If you think your computer and browser purchase methods are somehow, some super secret proprietary method, to ordering...than so be it... (BTW, it's not).

I just seem to notice that there seems to be a lot who have issues and some who have none...and I'm seeing a trend in browsers and equipment being the reason for that trend. I just want to confirm...and hopefully contribute that to the collective masses here.

As to how I purchase and for what reasons...that's my business. I contribute to those who are willing to pay a premium for not having to go through this BS...and and I'm also using my purchases to contribute to some coins I actually want to hold on to from an investment stand-point towards the future...or to leave to my kids.

There are many "types" of collectors...I'm just not the same type as you!

BST references available on request

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @HoneyMarket said:

Ok Guys and Gals...

What about all the people who do not identify as guy or gal? Maybe they have the ordering secret you are looking for. ;)

• Options

Glad for you, Raufus...I know you were deeply in Ordering Hell last time!

• Options

@RichR said:

Thank u! Sure was!! Still never got a CC.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@djm said:

@oilers99 said:

PayPal has never worked for me on the first day.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 10:08AM

@Goldminers said:
    .> @HoneyMarket said:

Ok Guys and Gals...

What about all the people who do not identify as guy or gal? Maybe they have the ordering secret you are looking for. ;)

I'm not touching that comment....

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 10:05AM

edit: need to get some more screenshots of error pages

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to S with no problem at 12:20 PM EST. Then few hiccups with"D" at 12:25pm but still went through
    . Willing to swap for ASE 70s(recent release) if any seasoned forum member need it.

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@coinpalice said:
    order history is offline so can't check order numbers yet

You should already received at least 1 order confirmation email---"We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. .."

I got three orders in, I split up the Ds 2 and 1. Card dinged for all 3 orders, but no E-mail yet, so there are many of us that probably got it, but still no E-mail yet. I know many said it was easy today, but I've had easier orders on more limited Items before. I agree that it's the luck of the draw sometimes

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 10:09AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    you gonna get banned for that picture honeymarket

edit while you still can

I actually thought about it for about a minute after posting it...
    Wondering, How "Woke" is this place...

...and if a 1990's famous movie quote from a famous Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, rated PG-13, would actually cause someone to get upset.

Seeing as "cancel culture" is real for even less...I already edited it out before you probably finished your post!

• Options

@bluelobster said:

@Samuel8 said:

@coinpalice said:

You should already received at least 1 order confirmation email---"We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. .."

I got three orders in, I split up the Ds 2 and 1. Card dinged for all 3 orders, but no E-mail yet, so there are many of us that probably got it, but still no E-mail yet. I know many said it was easy today, but I've had easier orders on more limited Items before. I agree that it's the luck of the draw sometimes

I did not receive an email yet either but the order comes up as processing under my orders history and my CC has been dinged.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 10:15AM

FWIW it looks like the Ebay presale market is softer than the CC and O (both were over $200 day of presale iirc).

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

I don't mind sharing if it might help another member. I think my ordering mistake today was using my phone as the primary ordering method, rather than my laptop. I got to checkout very quickly, but because of CAPTCHA, it either took too long on my phone to confirm or I didn't notice the pop up window. Because of this, I ended up getting all the way to checkout several times, before having to put my CC information in again and again. Finally, I wised up and changed which credit card I was using (one that didn't require CAPTCHA) and my order went through with no problems. Next time, I will order on my laptop and only have the phone as a back up.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    the HHL for CC and O was 10

this one was 3

It's not so surprising that there was a slower sell through today

That definitely might explain supply lasting longer than expected today.

• Options

Did anyone else see an in-stock date as your order was processing? I can't recall the exact date, but it was earlier than expected.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    edit: need to get some more screenshots of error pages

If I could snip and paste without worrying about missing an order, I would do it. Thought about doing it anyway, but get caught up making sure the order goes through....

• Options

@grote15 said:

@bluelobster said:

@Samuel8 said:

@coinpalice said:

I did not receive an email yet either but the order comes up as processing under my orders history and my CC has been dinged.

Just got the confirmation email, too.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 10:34AM

Forgot they were on sale. Guess I will try on the 10th.

• Options

the backorder date in the cart was showing october 15

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Burnie said:
    I don't mind sharing if it might help another member. I think my ordering mistake today was using my phone as the primary ordering method, rather than my laptop. I got to checkout very quickly, but because of CAPTCHA, it either took too long on my phone to confirm or I didn't notice the pop up window. Because of this, I ended up getting all the way to checkout several times, before having to put my CC information in again and again. Finally, I wised up and changed which credit card I was using (one that didn't require CAPTCHA) and my order went through with no problems. Next time, I will order on my laptop and only have the phone as a back up.

I use my phone every time and never have issues. Had more problems when trying on a computer.

• Options

@RichR said:
    Did anyone else see an in-stock date as your order was processing? I can't recall the exact date, but it was earlier than expected.

I believe it told me October 15 when I was checking out.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DimeDork said:
    FWIW it looks like the Ebay presale market is softer than the CC and O (both were over $200 day of presale iirc).

Most likely because buyers learned the hard way that their money is tied up until October and the sellers are violating Ebay presale policy of item must be shipped within 30 days🤔

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 10:55AM

@JimTyler said:
    I had one window on S and a second on D. Got 3 S in the bag flipped to my D page got all 6 and one time through to completion

B)

THAT'S the way it's done, You practically populate both items at the same time. Plus you have an extra shopping cart link already populated in case of "page not found" during checkout .

(l8-)>>

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:
    So everyone got their "S" and "D" which means the secondary/flip is gone for these.
    "CC" and "O" will be the only long term appreciation candidates.

None of these are "long term" appreciation candidates.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    the backorder date in the cart was showing october 15

Which means the card will be pinged but not charged till coins ship……

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@Raufus said:

@djm said:

@oilers99 said:

Maybe. They can't see the actual payment method or details which may interfere with their verification of HHL

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got my order confirmation email. :)

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    the HHL for CC and O was 10

this one was 3

It's not so surprising that there was a slower sell through today

kudos to those who campaigned for lower HHL, I believe that was a major part of the difference.

(l8-)>>

• Options

@RichR said:

"Pre-Order The expected in-stock date is Fri Oct 15 2021"

(l8-)>>

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@carew4me said:
    So everyone got their "S" and "D" which means the secondary/flip is gone for these.

I think these will be like the 2001 Buffalo Commem - the price will rise at first, then hold at that level for years.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

as long as it remains a one year and done type thing, they should do ok longterm

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 11:30AM

I was busy at noon so a friend went on and got two orders of three each. We're hoping the value holds in case we decide to sell off one of each. I hadvesened her to expect the worst but it worked out OK.

I know that "Teddy" on the BST forum has lots of coins to sell, but I wonder if he's buying these. ;):D

• Options

@mbogoman said:

@Raufus said:

@RichR said:

Thank u! Sure was!! Still never got a CC.

Raufus and I are living proof at the randomness and luck involved in Mint ordering. Both of us have been around forever and know what we're doing. I got the CCs last time; he struck out. He got the S and D today; I struck out. It's luck of the draw, pure and simple...

So true and well said. Great score on those CC's. I tried hard.

• Options

@3stars said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@carew4me said:

I think these will be like the 2001 Buffalo Commem - the price will rise at first, then hold at that level for years.

Did they make 875,000 Buffalo commems?

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 12:00PM

Despite some still having issues...and continuing annoyances...at least we're not dealing with 5 minute sellouts now.

And that additional window is giving people like us a decent chance.

At least I'm hopeful now for the Peace next week. If nothing had changed with the system, I think we'd have a lot more unhappy people here today,

Just my 2 cents.

• Options

And I'm sure the "big boys" not scooting off with 1,000 or more coins from the jump is also causing some consternation.

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

I got my two confirmation emails at 12:09 and 12:11 (EDT). I was using an old MacBook with Chrome and Safari. The last time around, my buddy couldn't get through, but I could. It might have been because he lives in a heavily populated area, and I don't.

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options

there are 950 listings on eBay for either D, S or D&S

Most are BIN

It’s a buyers market

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Despite some still having issues...and continuing annoyances...at least we're not dealing with 5 minute sellouts now.

And that additional window is giving people like us a decent chance.

At least I'm hopeful now for the Peace next week. If nothing had changed with the system, I think we'd have a lot more unhappy people here today,

Just my 2 cents.

The Peace is the one I really want. Might actually buy 3.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file