Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 12:26PM

I would also actually pay good money for either TPG service to slab all six coins in a multi coin holder!

I'd hang that up on a wall!

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    I would also actually pay good money for either TPG service to slab all six coins in a multi coin holder!

I'd hang that up on a wall!

Reverse-up for the mint marked ones?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    And I'm sure the "big boys" not scooting off with 1,000 or more coins from the jump is also causing some consternation.

Select "big boys" got access before today's release.

"The Morgan and Peace Dollars are included in the Mint’s recently launched Authorized Bulk Purchase Program. No more than 10% of the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollar products will be distributed under this program."
    Link

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

Dang! Sold out! Looks like I am too late to the party AGAIN :(

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

[Dang! Sold out! Looks like I am too late to the party AGAIN]

Set your alarm clock for tomorrow AM...I suspect they might briefly reappear.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 1:56PM

Comparisons are tough to make.

I learned years ago that mintage and even demand are not the only things that affect value.

Another consideration is who bought the original issue. If they are in "strong hands" then it may be years or even decades before they hit the market.

There are issues (I believe the 2001 buffalo was one) which were sold primarily to collectors who intended to keep them.in their collections. So, the secondary market had a shortage of inventory.

We'll see what happens with the Morgans. And, are the 5 issues to be considered interchangeable, such that the total mintage (875,000) can be spread out among collectors, or will they be collected by mintmark (175,000 each)?

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:

@Raufus said:

@RichR said:
    Glad for you, Raufus...I know you were deeply in Ordering Hell last time!

Thank u! Sure was!! Still never got a CC.

Raufus and I are living proof of the randomness and luck involved in Mint ordering. Both of us have been around forever and know what we're doing. I got the CCs last time; he struck out. He got the S and D today; I struck out. It's luck of the draw, pure and simple...

Try in the morning 6:30am ct. I couldn’t get through for 10 CC BUT after they lifted the limit I got 20.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Few hick-up's, but I ordered what I wanted
    One of each... #USM099483XX

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Speaking of packaging and display...too bad the Mint isn't offering a deluxe clamshell to accommodate all 6 coins...I'd pay extra to display them nicely as a group.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

As an aside, I didn't even try for the "privy mark style" mintmarks sold earlier. I was just interested in the actual mintmarked ones.

Not sure if any others feel the same way but that might impact demand.

• Options

I'm actually surprised they didn't move the MM to the obverse...just because...

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I was busy at noon so a friend went on and got two orders of three each. We're hoping the value holds in case we decide to sell off one of each. I hadvesened her to expect the worst but it worked out OK.

I know that "Teddy" on the BST forum has lots of coins to sell, but I wonder if he's buying these. ;):D

Teddy banned y'all!😂🤣

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 2:43PM

whens the next round? are peace dollars next?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 2:50PM

@engmtic said:
    whens the next round? are peace dollars next?

"The Morgan Dollar and the Peace Dollar struck at Philadelphia will be on sale during the second pre-order window beginning at noon (ET) August 10 and extending until August 24 at 3pm (ET) or until the product limit is depleted."
    Link
    Product Schedule

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 3:11PM

[They could just say pre-order window beginning at noon (ET) August 10 and extending until August 10 at 1230pm (ET)]

That's much better than "...from Noon until 12:05pm"!!!

I mean, can you imagine what a HHL of 10 or 25 with the "old" system would have looked like?!?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treeman said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jessewvu said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    Ok Guys and Gals...

For those who are mentioning how hard or how easy it was to order...

Please indicate in your post what type of equip (computer, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.) AND what internet browser you were using (Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Edge, etc...).

We need Data Points going forth, as to what works...and what seems to NOT work for making these purchases.

Example, I made my purchase today on a laptop, using Chrome (and had some issues but eventually got through).

Negative ghost rider. That’s propriety information.

Really? Don't you at least want to throw us off the trail and tell us that you ordered in the middle of field, while out on your tractor, on your iPhone 5s? :p

Everything you say is spot on, except that I have a 6s, not a 5s...

Same up here in the mtns only I use the iPhone 7+And a really crappy internet century link

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@RichR said:
    Speaking of packaging and display...too bad the Mint isn't offering a deluxe clamshell to accommodate all 6 coins...I'd pay extra to display them nicely as a group.

Check eBay $5-$10 each

• Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@RichR said:
    And I'm sure the "big boys" not scooting off with 1,000 or more coins from the jump is also causing some consternation.

Select "big boys" got access before today's release.

"The Morgan and Peace Dollars are included in the Mint’s recently launched Authorized Bulk Purchase Program. No more than 10% of the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollar products will be distributed under this program."
    Link

I'm definitely not a big boy, and I was just persistent and got one of each.

• Options
    KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 6:04PM

One each, just got my confirmation email. So psyched because I thought I wouldn't get through today; I am on vacation and using sh!**y hotel internet in a Southern state (two strikes already). Will be back home with better Internet next week, so I hope to get one more each of the last coins.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats kind of crazy that people buy these now on e bay with a 2 1/2 month wait. could you imagine being a seller and staring at your sold items- 2021 Morgan P and D, ship now for 10 weeks

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over 1050

Seeing a lot of completed but not sold.

Set your alarms, I’m thinking a lot will be available tomorrow… whenever they do it.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@coinpalice said:
    thats kind of crazy that people buy these now on e bay with a 2 1/2 month wait. could you imagine being a seller and staring at your sold items- 2021 Morgan P and D, ship now for 10 weeks

That's the thing...those sellers who sold the first round of Morgans will lose that data soon. Only lasts 90 days than poof! Hope the buyers thought to print out their orders😂🤣

• Options
    oilers99oilers99 Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

What is a fair swap ratio for the CC morgans? 2 CCs for 3 S or Ds? Just wondering on the demand differences between the coins.

• Options

I cannot offer but one thing:

There’s going to be more people - right now at least - that have the D & S. Finding a swap partner may be difficult.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 3 S and 1 D, will swap for a CC and an O.

• Options

@oilers99 said:
    What is a fair swap ratio for the CC morgans? 2 CCs for 3 S or Ds? Just wondering on the demand differences between the coins.

I suggest you wait until October when most people have them in hand. You will get the better deal the longer you wait. Again if the privy marks are weak or look bad the CC and O value will drop accordingly. No use in making deals now when no one even has one😎
    Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor or certified dealer. I just like coins🤣😂

• Options

1,100 listings on the bay

1/3rd the HHL, 3x the flippers

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    1,100 listings on the bay

1/3rd the HHL, 3x the flippers

Probably. But half the price.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 5:29PM

It seems like new people buying these(who have researched a little) will see what most do the CC cost more (for what ever reason the quick glance type) will see CC costing more. Making it more desirable again for what ever reason 🤓

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

That's the thing...those sellers who sold the first round of Morgans will lose that data soon. Only lasts 90 days than poof! Hope the buyers thought to print out their orders😂🤣

Clearly, I don't sale on Ebay but, won't the feedback window close during that delay?, What about dispute windows (Ebay/PayPal) how does that work?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 5:40PM

@edgar said:

Clearly, I don't sale on Ebay but, won't the feedback window close during that delay?, What about dispute windows (Ebay/PayPal) how does that work?

if someone wants a refund...

they can file a CC dispute.... will FVF be refunded?
    can they refund via paypal and still get FVF refunded in this age of managed payments?
    can they refund via any ebay method at all?

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is starting to remind me of algebra. Negative times a negative equals a positive.
    You don’t have any Morgans and I don’t have any Morgans, but let’s trade!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

Your U.S. Mint order has been confirmed!

finally rec'd

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    This is starting to remind me of algebra. Negative times a negative equals a positive.

They can probably trade them and return before the Mint even strikes them.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

s> @MilesWaits said:

...similar with Crypto currencies (ex. BitCoin) and NFT's (non-fungible token).

It's all nothing other than thin air and electrons!

BST references available on request

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

Just received my order confirmation from the Mint 😁

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I experienced Bad Gateway a couple times, numerous "time-outs", multiple "Page not Found", and one Cloud-Flare, had to sign in twice, checking out repeatedly until it finally took...it took 17 minutes. Confirmation finally showed up!!!! Interesting, never had to prove I was human.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 6:56PM

@HoneyMarket said:
    s> @MilesWaits said:

...similar with Crypto currencies (ex. BitCoin) and NFT's (non-fungible token).

It's all nothing other than thin air and electrons!

I can buy almost anything with a Crypto. I dare you to buy anything with your imaginary Morgan

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Was able to place 2 separate orders, received one order confirmation. That confirmed order on the Mint order history page says backordered. Other unconfirmed order says backordered. Hmmmm

• Options

@younique said:
    Was able to place 2 separate orders, received one order confirmation. That confirmed order on the Mint order history page says backordered. Other unconfirmed order says backordered. Hmmmm

That’s what you want to see.

Neither are cancelled. Since these won’t ship until Oct, they are on backorder

Good news.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 9:05PM

All I have to say is that I hope that the company who built the Mint's Web Site didn't also build the system that controls our nuclear missile arsenal. When the button is pushed and we need to send them missiles off to nuke our enemies I don't want to see a "Page not Found" error.

As you probably guessed I got shut out. :s

Speaking of the Silver Buffalo's,,,,,, what did they cost? Something like $35 or so as I recall. I ended up with 36 of those and sold all but 2 ea MS & Proof that I kept for $200+ ea raw. I ordered 5 or 6 different times.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

I placed an order early on and it kept telling there was connections issues. I received a confirmation just about an hour ago at about 10 PM central time. Order went through 11 hours later. LOL

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    edited August 3, 2021 9:06PM

@GRANDAM said:
    All I have to say is that I hope that the company who built the Mint's Web Site didn't also build the system that controls our nuclear missile arsenal. When the button is pushed and we need to send them missiles off to nuke our enemies I don't want to see a "Page not Found" error.

As you probably guessed I got shut out. :s

Speaking of the Silver Buffalo's,,,,,, what did they cost? Something like $35 or so as I recall. I ended up with 36 of those and sold all but 2 ea MS & Proof for $200+ ea raw. I ordered 5 or 6 different times.

Well see you in the morning for coffee and a little fishing 7:30 am eastern 🤓 I’m just catch and release until the peace dollar

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I've been out of the loop but what does backordered mean? My CC was charged and received a confirmation email.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file