Home U.S. Coin Forum

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭

On my cell phone on the side of I-84 above Pendleton Oregon and was able to get three of each! Quite a few bad gateways but the only time I had to prove I was human was when I try to go in to order history…

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:
    Wow I got both from here! 😜

Mount Washington?

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint site is totally crashed now...no page, no nothing!

Just ERROR!

• KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the first I got to prove that I am human. You have to press and hold the button and will take you to your cart (since that what I press before going to proving human thing). A few bad gateway but I got thru. The extras I got of Morgans and Peace will be part of my precious metals (I'm accumulating) traditional wedding gift for my son's upcoming wedding.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MWK said:
    What an utter load of hot rubbish. I finally managed to complete my order at 12:26 EDT but that was only after well over 20 "Page not found" errors and, on each of the final 10 or so attempts, having to prove that I was a human twice in a row before being allowed to retry payment phase.

I understand the technologies behind web sites quite well and it takes special talent to create something this bad. It looks like the lousiness is an intentional effort to create some sort of Skinner box.

Be thankful u got to complete it. I dud same and zero to show for it.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭

In the cart at 12:00... 3 Peace Dollars. A lot of trouble this time. Did get email confirmation but no confirmation on mint site. It did say I reached my order limit,so all should be good.

@Raufus said:

@Connecticoin said:
    After 22 minutes and 15 "page is not found" errors, finally got my order in. This was the worst one since the Mint re-tooled the ordering system.

That's the one I got nearly every time I hit place order. I thought for sure one of the tries would work. However, instead of an order number I got this or the stupid human bar each time.

I was ordering on my laptop and phone at same time - finally got the order done on the phone!

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    Spent a while ordering Peace dollars. Eventually, I got a text saying I'll get text updates and my cart went empty, but if there was an order confirmation screen, it crashed. Went to order Morgans and that eventually worked correctly. Still not sure if I have Peace dollars ordered. Order history doesn't work.

This is exactly what happened to me last time, got the confirmation email later that night and could see it in order history later that day, never went to a confirmation screen, but the order appears to have been entered

OK...back up now.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the Peace Dollars @12:01, order # 10303XXX

Went back for the Morgan Dollars and got them @12;28, order # 101916XXX

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Shut down, locked out and kicked to the curb. Was at the checkout 20 to 25 times and hit the final button, then "page can't be displayed" Back to the cart the last time and both Morgan and Peace were sold out.

• fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

At least this time I made it through after I can count the kick outs and error outs. I restarted the single order payment process for 3 of each multiples times. It told me my card was invalid after about six tries so I had to switch to a different card. Order No. 10608XXX

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 9:41AM

3 morgans in bag 3 peace then froze came back 3 morgans in bag and 1 peace on checkout decided to go ahead. many attempts to checkout , page not found, bad gateway, prove you are human. all of the proceeding over and over. Finally order accepted at 12:18 went back for 2 more peace. Same thing over and over again but finally accepted at 12:26.
    Keep on Pushing !!!!!!

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Connecticoin said:

@philographer said:

Mount Washington?

Of course - you probably had the best connection - Your Phone probably had a pick of 35 different cell towers from up there!

BST references available on request

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did these state Nov 15th for shipping? I was in a hurry, but I think it was something like that and not October like the others.

My wife dragged her talons across the keyboard...and spit venom on the screen...and that took care of the human check!

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was not an easy experience for me. Every page but the final step worked well. Would always give me a bad gateway on the very last click. Finally got a few though.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

This didn’t go unavailable it’s because of the massive snafu with orders. Some got lucky but I am seeing a lot of angry people. Mint 100percent caused this to sell slower. Still half hour pretty quick considering two desirable issues released simultaneously 🧐

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

@HoneyMarket said:

@Connecticoin said:

@philographer said:

Mount Washington?

Of course - you probably had the best connection - Your Phone probably had a pick of 35 different cell towers from up there!

That was "philographer", not me. I may go there soon to escape the heat!

@RichR said:
    OK...back up now.

Which one? For how long?

@Connecticoin said:

@Raufus said:

@Connecticoin said:
    After 22 minutes and 15 "page is not found" errors, finally got my order in. This was the worst one since the Mint re-tooled the ordering system.

That's the one I got nearly every time I hit place order. I thought for sure one of the tries would work. However, instead of an order number I got this or the stupid human bar each time.

I was ordering on my laptop and phone at same time - finally got the order done on the phone!

Wow. Incredible. I didn't even think of the phone.

• coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭

I guess my order went through since the US Mint has ALREADY charged my credit card for the coins!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    Did these state Nov 15th for shipping? I was in a hurry, but I think it was something like that and not October like the others.

Yes. November 15th ship date😎

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 9:45AM

Surprised the phone worked... they posted this on Facebook just a couple minutes before sales started... hahaha

The Mint Director has got to go... call your Congressman! :sunglasses:

• SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    Shut down, locked out and kicked to the curb. Was at the checkout 20 to 25 times and hit the final button, then "page can't be displayed" Back to the cart the last time and both Morgan and Peace were sold out.

same thing happened to me. i switched from using internet explorer to google chrome browser and the order went right through.

• RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Pure hell for me but I got 3 and 3.

@Raufus said:

@Connecticoin said:

@Raufus said:

@Connecticoin said:

Last time for the gold i used my phone. its amazing it was faster than my actual computer

@Connecticoin said:

@philographer said:

Mount Washington?

I can't read the marker in the pic...but here it is...maybe someone has a 35" monitor and can see it better than I.

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

20 minutes of errors and finally, I got an order completed. My card shows the pending charge, so i feel good about it.

What a pain. Had a few points where I got a page that said I am not human (which may be true).

Early on, when I hit finish order, it would go to a page saying the page I asked for does not exist.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • KdennisonKdennison Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

@coinandcurrency242 said:
    I guess my order went through since the US Mint has ALREADY charged my credit card for the coins!

I am guessing for me, too. Did you get a confirmation email or an acknowledgement email yet from the mint? I only wanted one each.

• 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

No luck here. A dozen time outs and a few 'you're not human's and it was done. Congrats to the winners.

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • InlanderInlander Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

3 & 3... finally. Lots of errors after I got them in the bag, but after 10 minutes it went through.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@Connecticoin said:

@philographer said:

Mount Washington?

I can't read the marker in the pic...but here it is...maybe someone has a 35" monitor and can see it better than I.

It says Wheats Valley mile marker

anyone get confirmation emails yet?

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Well, got my 'Order Acknowledgement' email, USM1065XXXX, see how this plays out.

I'll come up with something.
  • CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:
    anyone get confirmation emails yet?

Got an email, and credit card pending charge.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Connecticoin said:

@Raufus said:

@Connecticoin said:

I'm thinking he meant using the internet part of his phone, not the phone part

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@Connecticoin said:

@philographer said:

Mount Washington?

Virginia. Well, at least I knew it was the Appalachians :D

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:
    Anybody ever try this ? Got my order in for 3 of each then put 3 more in my bag for tomorrow.

HHL should still be in effect tomorrow

Forgot about that. Could just as easily put 3 in the cart tomorrow for the day after if they offer tomorrow. I only get one shot then because I have to clear then out for S mint ASE day after tomorrow.

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@Connecticoin said:

@philographer said:

Mount Washington?

That's somewhere between Roanoke and Lynchburg, Virginia.
    ...and since that's only less than 10 miles from each...probably did have great cell coverage up there!

Mount Washington or any mountain range in the Shenandoah Valley - I'd rather be there placing my orders in a heartbeat

• MWKMWK Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 9:54AM

@Raufus said:
    Be thankful u got to complete it. I dud same and zero to show for it.

I ordered three each of the P, S, and D Morgan dollars and three of the Peace dollars so that I would have extras to trade thanks to my credit card being compromised before the O and CC Morgan dollars shipped. If you or anyone else is interested in a straight up trade of a Morgan (P, S, or D mint mark) or a Peace dollar for a Morgan with a CC or O privy mark, let me know.

For those interested in a trade, I cannot confirm any trade until I get the coins from the mint. Who knows? Maybe my card will get compromised again before they ship since we have to wait until November for today's batch of coins.

• BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭

Both orders of 3 each in the bag within 2 minutes...spent the next 30 minutes unsuccessfully trying to check out. numerous errors, prove your human, even a message saying I was using automated equipment :p . My old laptop just couldn't get me checked out. Same with my phone. Coins are still in my bag, is it possible I could check out tomorrow?

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@Connecticoin said:

@philographer said:

Mount Washington?

Guessing it's the Shenandoah National Park.

edited August 10, 2021 10:14AM

@MWK said:
    ...thanks to my credit card being compromised before the O and CC Morgan dollars shipped.

I thought I read on another thread that someone was able to call in to the Mint and change the credit card used on an order that had not shipped yet - for instances like yours or even someone's credit card expiring between now and the actual billing charge/shipment?? Did I read that wrong?

• clarke442clarke442 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am having trouble logging in to my Mint account, tried resetting password and still no luck.
    Luckily I was able to get a Peace Dollar checking out as guest.
    Oh yeah, and plenty of issues like others have posted.
    One of these days maybe the website will work better.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:
    Anybody ever try this ? Got my order in for 3 of each then put 3 more in my bag for tomorrow.

HHL should still be in effect tomorrow

Forgot about that. Could just as easily put 3 in the cart tomorrow for the day after if they offer tomorrow. I only get one shot then because I have to clear then out for S mint ASE day after tomorrow.

That is the problem. I had stuff in all my carts and I had to empty them. Broke my heart. I thought about creating new accounts. Lol

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Burnie said:
    Both orders of 3 each in the bag within 2 minutes...spent the next 30 minutes unsuccessfully trying to check out. numerous errors, prove your human, even a message saying I was using automated equipment :p . My old laptop just couldn't get me checked out. Same with my phone. Coins are still in my bag, is it possible I could check out tomorrow?

Assuming they stay there, I think so. And since you can start the process from the checkout screen, as opposed to the product page, it should be fewer clicks.

@MWK said:
    Guessing it's the Shenandoah National Park.

I think Shenandoah Valley and the National Park are a bit north of there...but still...that whole stretch of I-81 travelling North to South is a beautiful ride - with the exception of the fact that it's a MAJOR trucking route.

Getting off and driving Skyline Drive is also a bucket list thing to do...for EACH season!

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    I'm going to go WAY out on a limb here...so please don't cut it off...but whatever technical steps the Mint recently took...although still annoying...by kicking out most of the bots, has at least allowed more "people like us" a relatively decent chance of landing a coin.

I only say this because previously, they were usually gone before the race even started.

Thoughts?

100%.

The preorder system is the way to go. Yes, the Mint is here to serve the people but they have to balance that with keeping the perceived value of the product and slow potential losses.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file