****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

after much outrage, and pitchforks and torches I release the new stat:

6 coin sets:

five listings

BINs $1410 - $1700

true auctions $1700 & $1853

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • JWPJWP Posts: 21,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    I hope everyone with open orders gets what they deserve !! B)

Sounds kind of harsh broad brushing a lot of people there. :s

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the ebay pre-sale policies that are being violated?

I am not well-versed on this subject, if anyone is aware please educate.

• Looking for some advice so here is the scenario: I ordered the full allotment of Morgan CCs and Morgan Os back in May. In July my Visa card company changed banks and issued new cards complete with new numbers. Now these previous orders will not be able to be processed. Has anyone had any experience with this situation in the past? I personally see no hope as a call to the Mint resulted in the statement that "we cant update credit card numbers on previously placed orders". They can update expiration dates only. Losing the orders would be bad so if anyone has any good advice, I would appreciate it.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy 🤔

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a similar issue as DrJaycee. I have my orders in back order. I just learned that my CC was compromised and they closed that number. In a week or so I should be getting a new card in the mail. Same bank, different numbers. I will call the mint after I get my new card.

What has been the results for those you you in this similar situation? Am I SOL?

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fathom said:
    What are the ebay pre-sale policies that are being violated?

I am not well-versed on this subject, if anyone is aware please educate.

Pretty sure the policy was you had to ship within 30 days of the pre-sale.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

@MsMorrisine said:

6 coin sets:

five listings

BINs $1410 - $1700

12 listings

BINs $1450 - $1711

true auctions $1680

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited September 14, 2021 12:41PM

on September 7th 2021 @MsMorrisine said:

CC & O

76 listings

12 "new listing"

31 listings ending in under 10 days

CC - $450 but many BINs higher - trend is flat

O - $350 but many BINs higher - trend is flat

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

D & S

about 90 listings

true auctions $160 - $175 - slight trend up to firming around higher end of range

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - about twenty listings

Peace - about fifteen listings

==

P Morgan - up around $150 - to firming towards $165 - slight up trend

Peace - $200 - $215 - up trend

CC & O

about 125 listings

28 "new listing"

45 listings ending in under 10 days

CC - $460ish with a few BINs higher - trend is flatish

O - $300 - $365 with few BINs only a couple higher - trend is flat to downward

D & S

about 150 listings

true auctions $160 - $175 - continued firming around higher end of range

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - seventeen listings

Peace - about twenty listings

==

P Morgan - around $127 - towards $180 - true auctions all over the place - estimate average ~ $150-$160

Peace - $215 - $225 - up trend continues

must edit that recent stats post - sent it without changing most of it

• HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,439 ✭✭✭

Long story short I checked on my Morgan order today (D & S). the automated system indicated it was being prepped for shipping TODAY. Oddly specific?

the actual status hasn't changed from Backorder. I've never used the phone automated system. Dare I hope?!?!?!?

@MsMorrisine said:
    must edit that recent stats post - sent it without changing most of it

edits completed above

• HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,439 ✭✭✭

Btw, this only makes me more angry I have a shopping card with a CC And O in it :( Freaking blocked by the crappy mint website

edited September 14, 2021 1:08PM

@MsMorrisine said:

🚩Head to the thread “The 2021 CC Morgan is beautiful…pictures “

Wow this not your 90’s comm. It’s beautiful!🤓🙀.

edited September 14, 2021 1:10PM

@MsMorrisine said:

edited September 14, 2021 1:00PM

@Hyperion said:
    Long story short I checked on my Morgan order today (D & S). the automated system indicated it was being prepped for shipping TODAY. Oddly specific?

the actual status hasn't changed from Backorder. I've never used the phone automated system.

Go ahead but the last time I did and posted my conversation. Needless to say I took a beating. Crawled off into my corner, put the hat on and mooped . Well after a couple dozen interactions with the Mint. I have learned my lesson. I was online with the mint, checking on my Carson cities when they offered a human. I was told by the online thingy that guess what? My Carson city had shipped. Long and short. Watch your order list and give it time to update. 🙀😉

edited September 14, 2021 1:11PM

@MsMorrisine said:

@Hyperion said:

the actual status hasn't changed from Backorder. I've never used the phone automated system. Dare I hope?!?!?!?

the telephone system will either tell you it will "ship today" or "will ship tomorrow"

the telephone status is useless.

edited September 20, 2021 12:48PM

on September 14th 2021@MsMorrisine said:

CC & O

about 125 listings

28 "new listing"

45 listings ending in under 10 days

CC - $460ish with a few BINs higher - trend is flatish

O - $300 - $365 with few BINs only a couple higher - trend is flat to downward

D & S

about 150 listings

true auctions $160 - $175 - continued firming around higher end of range

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - seventeen listings

Peace - about twenty listings

==

P Morgan - around $127 - towards $180 - true auctions all over the place - estimate average ~ $150-$160

Peace - $215 - $225 - up trend continues

6 coin sets:

five listings

BINs $1410 - $1700

12 listings

BINs $1450 - $1711

true auctions $1680

CC & O

about 150 listings

20 "new listing"

46 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - $415 - $450 - trend is slightly downward

O - $300 - $350 - trend is downward

D & S

about 150 listings

true auctions $150 - $175 and a few above that - flat

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - about fifteen listings

Peace - about fifteen listings

==

P Morgan - around $120 - towards $175 - flat

Peace - $215 - $250(a few) - trend flat but watching recents for any move up

=-=-=-=-
    =-=-=-=-

6 coin sets

14 listings

BINs $1500 - $1750

true auctions $1281, $1460, $1675

ooops

did it again

info above incompletely modified

working on it still

this past weeks data updated now

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enough left to have a clearance sale. B)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

@HATTRICK said:
    Enough left to have a clearance sale. B)

Didn’t they have a 2week sales period. If so that explains why you don’t see them at 7:30 coffee club

I’m guessing they will strike the limit with sales figures like this & reopen ordering

This doesn’t help because of the line or until inventory depleted

edited September 21, 2021 6:26PM

also in the other mentions of the preorder periods it just says " available for sale during that period "

I have not seen anywhere where it says " ONLY available during that period.

It's like when the Princess Beanie Baby first came out and everybody thought there would only be 12 for each store, period.

The promotion said " For the first month there would only be 12 per store." People did not understand that after the first month there would be millions of them.

It is easy to read things into a statement that are not there. At least we know the mintage limit is supposed to be 175,000

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Didn’t they have a 2week sales period. If so that explains why you don’t see them at 7:30 coffee club

The pre-order "window" was for approximately 2 weeks, or until inventory was depleted.

Each of the 3 double releases went "unavailable" on their respective release dates.

5/24/21
    8/3/21
    8/10/21

edited September 21, 2021 6:30PM

inventory is not yet depleted

past experience shows that "The mint is like a box of chocolates"

Besides, currently showing remind me and not sold out.

Just got the pinehurst offer so we must be getting close. $1000 for all6. $180 for CC $160 for other Morgan’s and peace dollar

Yah and not much respect for the peace dollar

they are under on the CC, O and Peace, but I'd expect them to be under.

the offer for peace is not so bad, but they obviously don't have the intel we have.

they are buying the others at about market. it doesn't make up for the short fall on the CC and O though.

trading is thin on the 6 coin sets. you could make out better with a higher BIN on a 6 coin, but it appears to me that there are likely more people missing singles out of the 6.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a low ball hoot!!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

And yes the “intel” is mostly due to your diligence in keeping track of trending sales, Ms.
    Thank you.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    I emailed them offering 'em my sets at 1500 ea.

I love it. Let us k ow what they say.

1500 is more like retail

They won’t offer that

• Lots of room between 1000 and 1500…

• DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

$160 isn't terrible for the D or S Morgans imho.

What is the rush to sell? Do y’all believe that somehow they’re just going to tank?

Please note their offer is for opened boxes and therefore is the low end for 69 or less graded coins. At least it sets the bottom for raw opened boxes. Current pricing for sealed boxes should be 75% to 100% higher.
    It is likely prices for 70 graded six coin sets to be $ 3,000 +

These will be a real winner when they go live. People holding out for lower prices have missed the boat. :'(

@DelawareDoons said:
    I emailed them offering 'em my sets at 1500 ea.

that is a good price for wholesale and retail should be around $ 2,000

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would keep your sets. Valuation will take months to play out.

That Peace rendition is gorgeous.

I wanted to put a double “agree” on the gorgeous Peace dollar that y’all are gonna be salivating over here very soon!

• Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2021 12:24PM

I think many collectors will want 1x Morgan and 1x Peace - this type set will be more popular and affordable to the average collector than a complete set - especially if the 6 coin set is $1,000+++.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file