Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

This was not a duplicate order. Will wait until these coin ship in October to acquire some.
    You don't really have the coin until it is in hand.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ebizgobro said:

This was not a duplicate order. Will wait until these coin ship in October to acquire some.
    You don't really have the coin until it is in hand.

I would contact them by phone. That's the same form letter they send to everyone and you can't trust the text. It could be a payment issue. They send that same letter for that as well.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2021 10:58AM
  • Options
  • Options

on August 23rd 2021 @MsMorrisine said:

119 listings

27 "new listing"

53 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - $400 - $500 - trend is flat

O - $300 - $400 - trend is flat

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

D & S

over 325 listings

true auctions in the $150 area - slight trend up

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - over 50 listings

Peace - over 50 listings

==

P Morgan - up towards $150 - firming to $150

Peace - $165 - $175 - slight trend up

30(!) listings

6 "new listing"

20 listings ending in under 7 days

CC - $450 but many BINs higher - trend is flat

O - $350 but many BINs higher - trend is flat

D & S

about 50 listings

true auctions completed listings $150 - $175 nearly all BINs - slight trend up

P Morgan and Peace

P Morgan - about twenty listings

Peace - about twenty listings

==

P Morgan - up towards $150 - firming to $150 - ** very, very few completed listings this past week

Peace - $175+ - up trend - light on completed auctions this past week.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

looks like the HHL has at least stalled the immediate flip frenzy on the D & S & P + Peace issues

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2021 8:37AM

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options
    edited August 31, 2021 8:37AM

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity does anyone know if any of the Morgans or the Peace have been flipping available in the morning? Wouldn’t mind getting a few more but I figured since the 2 week ordering window is over they are done.

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:
    Out of curiosity does anyone know if any of the Morgans or the Peace have been flipping available in the morning? Wouldn’t mind getting a few more but I figured since the 2 week ordering window is over they are done.

I have been spot checking in the mornings but not consistent. I would say that they have not been available based on the downward trend in sales number. If they became available again and still having triple digit declines week over week then I feel somebody would have noticed. Starting October 1st though I will be sure to make it a top priority to check the flip.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't know if the presale window does or will limit any future sales. I am having the question researched. We will see if the Mint can provide an accurate answer.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    don't know if the presale window does or will limit any future sales. I am having the question researched. We will see if the Mint can provide an accurate answer.

I feel that the presale nonsense was just scheme to weed out the bot accounts. The declining numbers we are seeing now are NOT people cancelling but rather the mint cancelling suspicious orders that they consider frivolous. Once the mint hits all the credit cards again we will see a BIG drop in numbers again from expired cards etc. these will definitely be available again once the mint starts shipping.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flips said:

@HATTRICK said:

I feel that the presale nonsense was just scheme to weed out the bot accounts. The declining numbers we are seeing now are NOT people cancelling but rather the mint cancelling suspicious orders that they consider frivolous. Once the mint hits all the credit cards again we will see a BIG drop in numbers again from expired cards etc. these will definitely be available again once the mint starts shipping.

Well now won’t that make things better 😂. Pre-orders backorders canceled orders new orders and October release of limited edition sets and others. Oh boy 😈

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    edited September 3, 2021 1:27PM

My peace dollar order has payment info showing on mint order section. My CC Morgan does not. Phoned the mint on a Friday afternoon at2 pm mtn time Call was answered within 2-3 minutes Question quickly answered and wow. Good job. US Mint! ( I was told emails will be sent out before , confirming payment info). Now the tough part. Right at the end of the conversation they smoothly added emails will be sent (you know) End of October, early November 🙀 When these ship

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    My peace dollar order has payment info showing on mint order section. My CC Morgan does not. Phoned the mint on a Friday afternoon at2 pm mtn time Call was answered within 2-3 minutes Question quickly answered and wow. Good job. US Mint! ( I was told emails will be sent out before , confirming payment info). Now the tough part. Right at the end of the conversation they smoothly added emails will be sent (you know) End of October, early November 🙀

What did they say about the payment not being there?

• Options

I was told emails will be sent out before items shipped to work out payment details. They seemed to be aware that some orders didn’t show payment info

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I was told emails will be sent out before items shipped to work out payment details. They seemed to be aware that some orders didn’t show payment info

Thanks. That sounds like good news but I won’t hold my breath.

• Options

I guess my point was I got through quickly. The person I talked to was super polite and knowledgeable. No deer in the headlights thing. Refreshing. Credit due, where credit is due 🤓

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

They know there is an issue with some payment types not showing with the first morgans. I am one of those. I am not holding my breath on their email "fix" actually working.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I guess my point was I got through quickly. The person I talked to was super polite and knowledgeable. No deer in the headlights thing. Refreshing. Credit due, where credit is due 🤓

right!

they tell you whatever to give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

that place could be on fire and your orders would be in another building.

they haven't the experience of those around here. there is no email that will be sent out. orders will be cancelled just like they are cancelled the immediate night of first release.

they are going to go poof.

the best thing to do is to write HQ with your order numbers and note that there is a bug in their software. go on to mention that, despite being on backorder, the phone system says it will ship either today or tomorrow.

It's all placation what they say. call back and you will get a different story.

and to make the point stronger... if they can't fix it now... how are they going to fix it later? bet they either can't answer that or use a BS smokescreen again. Supposedly they know it's a problem right now... why is it not being fixed right now?

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's what i think too, the mint is not going to mess around sending e mails, if no payment details are there they just cancel and add to inventory. these employees just make too much money to be wasting time like that

• Options
    edited September 3, 2021 4:19PM

Looking for the smoking gun is easy ! Did I fail to mention that I was checking my CC order on their online site,when it offered to get a person. I decided that would help because. When I entered my order number it said it had just shipped today 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. I only said they were knowledgeable polite and the wait was short. Nothing about the coming meltdown 🤓🙀
    They sent emails confirming enrollment orders

• Options

They have a BUG that drops people’s payment info.

Do you want your order?

complain to:

David J. Ryder, Director
    United States Mint
    801 9th Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20220

include order numbers and screen shots

• Options

And complain about the contractor PFSWeb with their BS given but no solution made

• Options

Trust me

• Options

If you have a problem funny pics don’t get it done

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2021 4:32PM

Jzyskowski, It’s very difficult, if you have been here a while and dealt with Mint with so many matters, to not be cynical.
    We old timers have had our egos and hopes multiply ship-shined by their operators and customer service.
    In the end, I suspect this is gonna be a ship show of epic proportion’s.
    Combine the initial stress of whether or not you’re going to get the Morgans and Peace dollar actually ordered and then the ultimate stress of whether or not they actually ship them to you.
    Pity the eBay long-winded pre-orders for sellers and buyers. That’s a whole Nother ship show.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    If you have a problem funny pics don’t get it done

Is it me, or does it seem like he is always looking smug?

• Options

on August 30th 2021 @MsMorrisine said:

30(!) listings

6 "new listing"

20 listings ending in under 7 days

D & S

about 50 listings

true auctions completed listings $150 - $175 nearly all BINs - slight trend up

P Morgan and Peace

Peace - about twenty listings

==

P Morgan - up towards $150 - firming to $150 - ** very, very few completed listings this past week

Peace - $175+ - up trend - light on completed auctions this past week.

76 listings

12 "new listing"

31 listings ending in under 10 days

D & S

about 90 listings

true auctions $160 - $175 - slight trend up to firming around higher end of range

P Morgan and Peace

Peace - about fifteen listings

==

P Morgan - up around $150 - to firming towards $165 - slight up trend

Peace - $200 - $215 - up trend

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

the prices of these on EBay continues to climb. Six coin sets staying in the $1,600 to $1,700 range. Pairs of CC & O Privys are in the $800 to $900 range. Expect moon money for MS70 Six Coin Sets.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2021 10:04AM

@MsMorrisine said:

• Options

@HATTRICK said:
    the prices of these on EBay continues to climb. Six coin sets staying in the $1,600 to $1,700 range. Pairs of CC & O Privys are in the $800 to $900 range. Expect moon money for MS70 Six Coin Sets.

$350 + $450 = $800, but those are true auctions.

many BINs are going for more

lesson: use BINs

• Options

sometimes you get the bear and sometimes you get "RTS"
    stuff happens everyday everyway

• Options

bidding closed on 6 coin set at $ 1,775. We will see where it is at "When September Ends"

• Options

@HATTRICK said:
    bidding closed on 6 coin set at $ 1,775. We will see where it is at "When September Ends"

lesson: sell 6 coin sets

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i will not sell any of the 6 coins until the 30 day window comes around

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got an msg from a Ebay seller saying Ebay is forcing sellers to cancel all pre-sales of the 2021 morgan/peace dollar sales. He said the extended pre-sale time violated some Ebay policy and they would have to refund all transaction. I've already received my refund notification for the "D" issue. SOUNDS LIKE TROUBLE IN Ebay Hoo Ville.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Trouble?

See a bit over 90 D&S

I think the trouble is with price up trends on them.

How much did you pay and for what?

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG!
    You mean something went wrong with pre-selling a coin on eBay that nobody has or knows when they will have!?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I paid $165 for the "D" Morgan. However, I figured I would make up for this markup by selling 4 CC's & 1 "O" when/if the US mint delivers them. I have 10 's and & 2 :# O's on back order and just waiting like everyone else for the delivery. I've got my toes crossed. :#@MsMorrisine

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

I have mine listed on the BST. Will be very happy with and honor locked in price 100% guaranteed. Also just as happy to raise prices when these go live if not sold. Either way a win win for me and a win for anyone who locks in early. Guaranteed delivery and if any issues with mint will work out mutual deal or refund entire deposit. Just trying to cover as much as possible my over spending on all the new Type 2 issues in gold and silver. Retired in May and enjoying the chase and all the fun on the Forum. Best of luck to all on Monday!

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

There have been several customers that I know personally that purchased additional privy marked (cc) morgans AFTER limits were released and were cancelled. These orders were all by hand-I.e. fast clicks of the manual mouse and not in any way connected with automation or bots.
    They USM is now randomly applying rules and cancelling orders taken after the order limits were set to NONE.
    Reasons given were “you have multiple orders”, and other rediculous reasoning.
    Then exactly “what does limit = NONE mean?”

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Additionally, sales never exceeded the 175k total limit published, so, reasoning around allocation of remaining stock doesn’t hold water either.
    I suppose the USM is taking care of its big boys—when all is said and done will the additional stock be sold to them?
    Transparency is required Ryder!!
    Your people was selling a line of bs that stinks!

• Options

Got all of my coins first day of sale for HHL and only half of HHL for the CC & O Privy. "wish I ordered all ten now" If something happens to my orders it will be clear there is BS going on at the mint and they will lose me as a customer forever even though they will not give a rats a$$.
    First PCGS MS70 FS set of 6 presale I have seen
    https://ebay.com/itm/174926660547?hash=item28ba7103c3:g:BMQAAOSwMF5hNms7

• Options
    edited September 9, 2021 10:59AM

I hope everyone with open backorders gets what they deserve !! B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file