Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Coin(s) Thread*** _Mint Hi-Res images posted

Comments

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinpalice said:
    if it helps, i am keeping the 4 coin set :p

I think the MInt hates me. I appear to always be the last one to get anything. I finally got a 1/10 shipped. My 4 coin set hasn't shipped nor have my 1/4s.

I just got shipping notification on the SILVER PROOFS from a month ago! LOL

The Mint hates me...

I don’t feel so bad now. My silver proofs first shipped last night. No gold shipped yet.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the 4 coin set was available for a very short period of time, all gone again

• Options
    mountain_goatmountain_goat Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

For members that received their 4-coin set, would you kindly post dimension of Mint shipping box? I heard it is large and won’t fit into Fedex small shipping box. Thanks.

• Options
    UncleAbeUncleAbe Posts: 35 ✭✭

@mountain_goat said:
    For members that received their 4-coin set, would you kindly post dimension of Mint shipping box? I heard it is large and won’t fit into Fedex small shipping box. Thanks.

The box is approx 12x6x5

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2021 6:18AM

@UncleAbe said:

@mountain_goat said:

The box is approx 12x6x5

It's exactly, 11" x 6.25" x 4.5" Tall

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

@UncleAbe said:

@mountain_goat said:

The box is approx 12x6x5

It's exactly, 11" x 6.25" x 4.5" Tall

I wouldn't guarantee that they all ship in identical boxes.

I got 4 sets of 22 silver eagles. 3 of them were in identical boxes, the fourth was in a box almost half the volume. It was so small, I was really concerned that it had the wrong number of coins. Turns out the three big boxes were 50% bubble sheets.

• Options
    murtymurty Posts: 15 ✭✭

Does one have to sign for the delivery of the coins???

Wink the sassy one
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@murty said:

UPS left my package on the second floor landing of my condo.

Since I knew approximately when he’d be there.....I grabbed them within a few minutes of delivery.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@murty said:

Because of the virus, UPS is not requiring signatures on any of their packages.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

thanks for all responses

Wink the sassy one
  • Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

@Dollar2007 said:

@Peyroguy said:
    Well, goes to show that the customer service knows less than we do about the Mints policy. It clearly says free upgrades of gold shipping, but thats not the case.

It says free upgrade to “expedited” shipping, with a 2-3 day timeframe. Not overnight. First class takes about 2-3 days, seems like you got what they said. They aren’t requiring signatures right now due to Covid.

Actually, the shipping they are doing isn't expedited when it's first class, first class is the lowest shipping method. I got priority mail on the 1/10th, thats expedited in my opinion

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@Peyroguy said:
    Well, goes to show that the customer service knows less than we do about the Mints policy. It clearly says free upgrades of gold shipping, but thats not the case.

It says free upgrade to “expedited” shipping, with a 2-3 day timeframe. Not overnight. First class takes about 2-3 days, seems like you got what they said. They aren’t requiring signatures right now due to Covid.

Actually, the shipping they are doing isn't expedited when it's first class, first class is the lowest shipping method. I got priority mail on the 1/10th, thats expedited in my opinion

Expedited isn’t a service. It’s a term the mint uses. First class takes one day longer than priority 2 day, which means it’s 3 days to get across the country. First class isn’t the lowest service, smart post, or even ups ground takes longer to get cross country. First class is fast.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Still waiting on shipping from a 12:06 order on 3/11, though it does contain multiple AGE PR items.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I talked to my post master. She said that the policy to leave signature required packages is no longer in effect. She was going to reach out to the drivers and inform them that they need to get signatures at time of scan.

• Options

@92vette said:
    Still waiting on shipping from a 12:06 order on 3/11, though it does contain multiple AGE PR items.

I'm still waiting on 2020 Mint sets from the first week in January. LOL

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Between calling the mint and my bank, I have about 3-1/2 hours invested in purchasing these coins. My bank has a limit on what I can spend(new to me). I can still hear the hold music playing in my mind. It appears as of now everything is okay. We'll see.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@92vette said:

jmlanzaf What is the story with those mint sets? I have some also from Late December

• Options

Here we go again, stuck in Memphis, just like the congrats ase. I assume I will be doing a inquiry to get this to move, I assume 7 days it will sit there

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    I talked to my post master. She said that the policy to leave signature required packages is no longer in effect. She was going to reach out to the drivers and inform them that they need to get signatures at time of scan.

My delivery guy wasn't doing signatures for months, but as of Monday he came to my door for a signature. So, atleast the PO is doing signatures now

• Options

@OLC said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@92vette said:

jmlanzaf What is the story with those mint sets? I have some also from Late December

No idea. I haven't cared enough to even call and try to find out. As soon as the price drops on the secondary market, I'll just cancel them if they don't cancel them first.

It has to be the packaging. It can't be the coins as they don't mint 2020 coins in 2021.

• Options

@Peyroguy said:

@jessewvu said:

My delivery guy wasn't doing signatures for months, but as of Monday he came to my door for a signature. So, atleast the PO is doing signatures now

It was UPS that dumped my $7000 package on the driveway. LOL

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2021 4:41PM

Got mine today. Regular shipping. Pretty fast IMO.

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

UPS has an App, you can watch the truck location live.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2021 4:55AM

I got a 1/4 ouncer in my cart. Sitting there.

• Options

@Samuel8 said:

UPS has an App, you can watch the truck location live.

Yes. I sometimes do when I'm home.

When I'm at work...I have to just hope I get home before the pirates. LOL

• Options

@spotthedog said:

I've got a 1/4 and 1/10 in my cart. Couldn't quite check out fast enough. My hands must be getting slower. LOL

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Has anyone's post - 3/11/21 orders shipped yet?

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 3/11 half ounce is coming today $4.95 shipping my ounce and tenth second order 3/11 $4.95 shipped yesterday.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@spotthedog said:

I've got a 1/4 and 1/10 in my cart. Couldn't quite check out fast enough. My hands must be getting slower. LOL

Don't worry, your replies are still fast enough.

• Options

My status

Status
    Pre-Shipment
    March 16, 2021

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Wink the sassy one
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got overnight orders processing and a couple $4.95 orders on their way

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

My overnight from 3/13 just sits. Overnight use to get you bumped to the head of the line.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order from 3/11 with "next day air" payment for shipping has not arrived. The 1/4 oz. order with budget free loyalty shipping also has not arrived. I think maybe Friday?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first order has shipped. I have 3 more orders made on the first day before saleout that have not shipped yet.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have 1/2 oz in my cart never saw available

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

My second 4 coin set purchased on first day just shipped!

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

My 3/11 order for the one ounce shows shipped as of Monday, but it hasn't shown up at UPS yet. Odd..........

• Options

@bigole said:
    My 3/11 order for the one ounce shows shipped as of Monday, but it hasn't shown up at UPS yet. Odd..........

Mine do that with the mint too. They mark it as shipped, but I guess they do that before UPS actually have possession of it.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received my overnight 4 coin set on Tuesday. My USPS 1/2 ouncer being delivered today.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we determined in anoter thread that things like FIFO on shipping are now out the window.

they once processed overnight orders before first-class, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

1 down 3 to go

• Options
    JTHawaiiJTHawaii Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2021 11:09AM

Got my four coin set yesterday by UPS, faster than past purchases from the Mint to Hawaii. Pays to upgrade to $17.95 shipping.

Successful BST Transactions With: AUandAG, SurfinxHI, tightbudget, dmarks, jfoot13, jimineez1, PerryHall, rte592, cucamongacoin, Flackthat, robkool, Walkerguy21D, pruebas, KJB, LukeMarshall, 1630Boston, chumley, privatecoin, Histman, SullyFan2, al410, mcarney1173, Coinflip, mbogoman, dm679864, commoncents05, scooter25

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

1/10th oz showed up an hr ago lookin flawless 💅💃😎

• Options

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@spotthedog said:

Maybe it just seems that way because you're reading them more slowly.

I did get a 1/10 in the mail this morning. I didn't open it.

Oh...and UPS apparently dumped another $7000 in silver eagles on my driveway 2 hours ago. I won't be home for another hour. smh....

• Options

HOLY SH##, My 1/2 has made its way to to NJ, it might make it to me 2morrow like it was supposed too. Stocked

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@spotthedog said:

Maybe it just seems that way because you're reading them more slowly.

I did get a 1/10 in the mail this morning. I didn't open it.

Oh...and UPS apparently dumped another $7000 in silver eagles on my driveway 2 hours ago. I won't be home for another hour. smh....

Ouch, get home quickly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file