Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Coin(s) Thread*** _Mint Hi-Res images posted

Comments

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@cagcrisp said:

The APs were allowed a maximum of 45 of the 4 coin 2021 Type 1 Gold Proofs and 25 of the single 1 oz. 2021 Type 1 American Gold Eagle Proof coin.

Criteria was that each has spent $500,000 in each of the last two years.

Each were charged 5% premium above retail and they had to pick up the coins at Memphis…

Any idea how many buyers meet that criteria and took advantage. I can’t imagine many moved that way but what do I know.

The last year that the Mint reported numbers for the Bulk Purchase program was 2017.
    In 2017 only two companies were at the highest level, 3 others at the next highest level, another 14 at the next lowest level, and all the rest still in the program at the lowest level...

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like they are shipping gold in USPS first class now. 1/10oz. shipped with first class mail....

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shipping label created for my 1/2 oz. proof. USPS 1st class mail.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Seems like they are shipping gold in USPS first class now. 1/10oz. shipped with first class mail....

It used to be a $300 threshold, so the 1/10 oz would be under that unless you have multiples.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

It used to be a $300 threshold, so the 1/10 oz would be under that unless you have multiples.

I also see that the 1oz and 1/2oz in the same package are also going to be shipped first class with $3.5k value...

Collector

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Well, goes to show that the customer service knows less than we do about the Mints policy. It clearly says free upgrades of gold shipping, but thats not the case.

• Options

Same problem here with several packages from the mint.

Collector

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:
    Well, goes to show that the customer service knows less than we do about the Mints policy. It clearly says free upgrades of gold shipping, but thats not the case.

It says free upgrade to “expedited” shipping, with a 2-3 day timeframe. Not overnight. First class takes about 2-3 days, seems like you got what they said. They aren’t requiring signatures right now due to Covid.

• Options

I saw the 1/10 oz and 1/4 oz

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

4 coin set and 1 oz were there also.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a 4 coin set in my bag but by the time I got to place order they were gone. :s

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@Dirt94 said:

I didn't have time to look. I was checking out. Managed to get 2 orders placed on the 1/10 before it went unavailable again.

Although the flippability of these has already been dropping.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dirt94 said:

I didn't have time to look. I was checking out. Managed to get 2 orders placed on the 1/10 before it went unavailable again.

Although the flippability of these has already been dropping.

Understandable. I already have all I want ordered. Just a spectator in the morning at this point.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a 1/4 ozer in my bag, and when my setup didn't quite work, I ended up adding a 2nd coin and got two of them instead of the single coin that I wanted. I didn't want to risk removing the 2nd coin before placing the order.

The Mint should lose customers because of the way they are making us jump through these kinds of hoops. They should lose customers, but they won't - and they know it. grrrr.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    I had a 1/4 ozer in my bag, and when my setup didn't quite work, I ended up adding a 2nd coin and got two of them instead of the single coin that I wanted. I didn't want to risk removing the 2nd coin before placing the order.

The Mint should lose customers because of the way they are making us jump through these kinds of hoops. They should lose customers, but they won't - and they know it. grrrr.

I have made my mind up to no longer actively buy coins from the Mint. With each coin I want, I will make one attempt to purchase them from the Mint. If it does not work (which will be the case more often than not), I will immediately get it from a vendor. Of course it will cost more, but it will save some aggravation. At the same time I will work to reduce my collecting of U.S. coins.

• Options
    edited March 15, 2021 7:55AM

I will work to reduce my collecting of U.S. coins.

Yup, same here. I'm whittling down the series that I am willing to actively collect. The only reason I bought today was for my grandson's Christmas gift - I've been getting him one every year since he was born in 2010.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

Yup, same here. I'm whittling down the series that I am willing to actively collect. The only reason I bought today was for my grandson's Christmas gift - I've been getting him one every year since he was born in 2010.

Completely agree. Since I am not in the business of selling coins, all I need as a collector is one coin. I often do buy extras to give out as gifts. However, that will soon stop as I transition virtually all of my buying to dealers. The Mint has made it difficult to impossible for the average collector.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any shipments lately on these? One set arrived today, but another set and two individual coins have not shipped yet

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

My one set still has not shipped. Still processing. :*

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

You are quite the generous grandpa getting your grandson a 1/4 oz gold eagle every year! That’s awfully nice of you! He’s one lucky kid!

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1 OZ 4,475
    2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/2 OZ. 1,583
    2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/4 OZ. 2,675
    2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/10 OZ. 7,953
    2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 4-COIN SET 8,085

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 1/10 oz from opening day just went shipped.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@jwitten said:
    Anyone have any shipments lately on these? One set arrived today, but another set and two individual coins have not shipped yet

I haven't gotten any.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2021 3:15PM

these are coming out unevenly for me.

2 first day orders shipped. 1 ups and other usps "first class" (sounds like local first class has priority mail times now. I hope first class non-local will take less time than the winter wait)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

They finally broke you! You finally got fed up with the man!
    Sad and funny but relevant story that is close to many that I too have experienced.
    And sometimes, I get someone that’s super “helpful”. For instance, I used live chat today to cancel one of the 10th ounce proof gold eagles and they say “oh no it’s shipped”. And it is.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember the good ol' days, years ago, when I would make an order and the next day call and have them "release" the order. I got my coins VERY early, every time :D

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2021 4:26PM

All I had to do was click the checkbox and click place order and still couldn't complete the transaction, talking 1 second, !@#$%^& BS!

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2021 6:16PM

I say, "I'll call on the phone and talk to a supervisor."

So, I call. They tell me my wait will be "less than 15 minutes". After 19 minutes, they hang up on me! LOL

So, I call back. They tell me my wait will be "less than 12 minutes."
    About 5 minutes into the call, the voice asks if I'd like a call back to hit "1". I hit "1", "1#", "0". Nothing works. LMAO. After 15 minutes, they hang up again!

So, I go back to live chat. I have almost the same exact conversation again, but now I'm mad. When he gets to "we cannot correct payment information". I said, "someone over their knows how to"

He says, "what do you mean?"

Like I've been pointing out lately - I'd call that "customer abuse". If they had such a thing as a complaint department, I have no doubt that you would be put "on hold" there, too.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:
    They finally broke you! You finally got fed up with the man!
    Sad and funny but relevant story that is close to many that I too have experienced.
    And sometimes, I get someone that’s super “helpful”. For instance, I used live chat today to cancel one of the 10th ounce proof gold eagles and they say “oh no it’s shipped”. And it is.

Lol. I've never felt their CS was any good. And their fulfillment service is bad. You should see how they pack some of the larger boxes.

It is what it is.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2021 4:31AM

Individual gold is available now!!!!!!!!

Window was not even a minute.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

Set was available also. I already bought my limit but put one set in my cart for a sovereign.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Place holder if something happens @ 3am my time.

What are you a placeholder for? Royal Mint release?

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Both my coins, 1/2 and 1/10th have shipped, actually fairly quickly. Both shipped last week, now we wait in Memphis, it seems like this is where the snail pace happens. Not sure what's wrong there.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is it?

• Options
    murtymurty Posts: 15 ✭✭

just received notice 1/4 oz and 1/2 oz has shipped

Wink the sassy one
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

beautiful coins @Goldbully 🤩

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope there isn’t a problem with this no signature first class shipping being put in the wrong mail box. Once tracking says delivered your in the 💩 house if it didn’t get to your mailbox.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

if it helps, i am keeping the 4 coin set :p

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 4 coin set arrived today

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    if it helps, i am keeping the 4 coin set :p

I think the MInt hates me. I appear to always be the last one to get anything. I finally got a 1/10 shipped. My 4 coin set hasn't shipped nor have my 1/4s.

I just got shipping notification on the SILVER PROOFS from a month ago! LOL

The Mint hates me...

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered 1 item per order. only 2 have shipped.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

I think that's one more than me and I have at least 7 separate orders on the gold

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I think that's one more than me and I have at least 7 separate orders on the gold

Are you a dealer?

• Options

@Samuel8 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Are you a dealer?

Part-time, yes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file