Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Coin(s) Thread*** _Mint Hi-Res images posted

Comments

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

USM09312xxx shipped

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

USM09298xxx still processing. I am hopping it ships tomorrow.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

they may mark it shipped on sat or sunday but the actual shipper won't see it until monday

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

My 1/10th and 1/4 were shipped by first class rather than UPS. Did this happen to others? In the past 1st class would be about the same but thanks to De Joy, who knows.

• Options

we can only hope they do not make it a habit to send our stuff first class.

did you pay for UPS or were you expecting the free bump from $4.95? (I know they used to do free bumps without a problem)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I got free shipping, maybe that is why. I just remember the policy for years was any order over $300 gets bumped up to UPS but apparently only if you are paying the $5. It's not like I had the option to do that. It's either free or you pay $20 or whatever for the upgrade, which was not clear to me and did not apply with a silver order about half the size recently.

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I assume the mint will boost all gold and platinum coins to expedited shipping, well that's what it says. Two things I don't understand, if I get free budget shipping, but checked the expedited charge, do I have to pay? Another thing I don't get, why don't they send, let's say both my 1/2 and 1/10th in the same shipment? I assume this would cut down on loss in every area, I get this is a government ran business, but I would guess this is not that hard to accomplish.

• Options

if I get free budget shipping, but checked the expedited charge, do I have to pay?

yes

in the same shipment?

perhaps something to suggest to them

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

I paid extra for overnight shipping, but still processing for now. Hope to see my package sometime next week.

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:
    Another thing I don't get, why don't they send, let's say both my 1/2 and 1/10th in the same shipment? I assume this would cut down on loss in every area, I get this is a government ran business, but I would guess this is not that hard to accomplish.

Are both coins on the same order? I actually prefer that they ship separately because some I might want graded (with first strike) and others not. To ensure I have that flexibility, I place on separate orders.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2021 7:02PM

@Peyroguy said:
    Ok, so I assume the mint will boost all gold and platinum coins to expedited shipping, well that's what it says. Two things I don't understand, if I get free budget shipping, but checked the expedited charge, do I have to pay? Another thing I don't get, why don't they send, let's say both my 1/2 and 1/10th in the same shipment? I assume this would cut down on loss in every area, I get this is a government ran business, but I would guess this is not that hard to accomplish.

You get free budget shipping, not free expedited shipping. Of course you have to pay.

They do ship things together if you order them together. If you ordered them separately, they don't group them.

Honestly, you DON'T necessarily want them shipping them together. One delayed item will delay everything.

• Options
    edited March 12, 2021 7:35PM

you'd need to suggest that the buyer can select "group orders in 1 shipment" as having single items in single boxes is how you get them in for grading by different people.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

didn't see any this morning at 7:30am EST ?

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

Got a 1/2 oz!

• Options

flipped to on sale at 7:35 and got one! woohoo!!!

• Options
    jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

Was able to put 1/2 ounce in my cart at 7:35 am. I see household limit restrictions have been lifted. So, I think I will not be able to get this coin again.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.
  • Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Looks like everything gone in about two minutes.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to pick up a 1 and 1/2 ounce coin today, pretty fast checkout.

• Options

this morning was probably the smoothest check out process in the past few years for me with the mint. lol

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t notice limits lifted would have changed my game plan

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    Didn’t notice limits lifted would have changed my game plan

I saw it was lifted yesterday.

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Had 4 coin set in cart...took it out and grabbed 1/4 oz....from what I could tell they all flipped today.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

19 and 20 4 piece gold sets are available but not the 21. Seems this is the latest craze regarding gold and silver Eagles, sold out in an instant. No household limits, could be a handful of dealers with 75% of the total mintage.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@morgansforever said:
    19 and 20 4 piece gold sets are available but not the 21. Seems this is the latest craze regarding gold and silver Eagles, sold out in an instant. No household limits, could be a handful of dealers with 75% of the total mintage.

2019 & 2020 are still around because no mintage limit. They’ll make em until they’re sick of making them

• Options

I got a text message at 9:09am saying that the 21EF (4 coin sets) aw available. Lol.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@morgansforever said:

2019 & 2020 are still around because no mintage limit. They’ll make em until they’re sick of making them

Actually, they don't make them after the calendar turns. They'll keep selling them until they are out or want to melt the remaining inventory

• Options

@morgansforever said:

The household limits were removed after 24 hours. This is the normal procedure for most releases. The perpetual HHL is more the exception.

Since they had sold more than 90% of the mintage before the HHL came off, it is nearly impossible for dealers to harness that many unless they bought them from flippers.

• Options

@jmlanzaf I see, thought maybe there was no limit right out of the gate. Completely missed this one, may I'll try tomorrow.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Peyroguy said:

You get free budget shipping, not free expedited shipping. Of course you have to pay.

They do ship things together if you order them together. If you ordered them separately, they don't group them.

Honestly, you DON'T necessarily want them shipping them together. One delayed item will delay everything.

Makes sense, but why do they list this if they don't bump budget shipping up to expedited

• Options

So I just talked to the customer service representative, now I can only assume she knows more than me about the shipping rules, but did say that anyone who buys gold will be automatically bumped up to expedited shipping. Know she says because of the need for signature and insurance that it would be done. I actually picked the expedited for my 1/10th, but mistakenly used the budget shipping for my 1/2. I guess we shall see, you would think they would want this because of the chance of packages getting stolen.

• Options

But, the PO isn't really utilizing signature requirements, so I don't know really what will happen, I shall find out though.

• Options

@Peyroguy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Peyroguy said:

Makes sense, but why do they list this if they don't bump budget shipping up to expedite

They will automatically bump up the economy shipping on packages over a certain amount. That's different than you selecting expedited shipping.

• Options

@morgansforever said:
    @jmlanzaf I see, thought maybe there was no limit right out of the gate. Completely missed this one, may I'll try tomorrow.

There was a household limit of one initially.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Peyroguy said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Peyroguy said:

Makes sense, but why do they list this if they don't bump budget shipping up to expedite

They will automatically bump up the economy shipping on packages over a certain amount. That's different than you selecting expedited shipping.

It's so clear on the website, but yet seems vague. To me, as long as my 1/2 is bumped up I'm good with that. I wish they would just use UPS all the time, never have delays like the usps does.

• Options
    murtymurty Posts: 15 ✭✭

USM09321NNN....RECEIVED 1/4 OZ. AND 1/2 OZ. LET'S SEE THE PRICE ACTION OVER NEXT WEEK OR SO.

Wink the sassy one
  • Options

For my 2021 ASE orders, even though I chose the cheapest shipping, the 3-coin order was shipped via UPS, 2-coin order was shipped via USPS.

• Options

Everybody sleep through the time change ? I was 5 minutes late before it hit me, there was nothing. I wonder if it will be an hour later today.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

nada

• Options

Got two in my bag, fumbled with my keyboard, because you only have 2 or 3 seconds tops to complete Mint transactions, bam NOT AVAILABLE!. At least I have 2 in my bag will try again tomorrow.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭

The mint slept in.

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I was able to get 1Oz and 1/4oz this morning at exactly 0430 local time, the past couple of days the switch had been at :33, :34, or :35. It was pretty smooth and fast checkout this morning but supplies went fast.

• Options
    st0ckyst0cky Posts: 66 ✭✭

I was able to snag a 1/10 oz at 7:30 am EST.

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

The APs were allowed a maximum of 45 of the 4 coin 2021 Type 1 Gold Proofs and 25 of the single 1 oz. 2021 Type 1 American Gold Eagle Proof coin.

Criteria was that each has spent $500,000 in each of the last two years.

Each were charged 5% premium above retail and they had to pick up the coins at Memphis…

Any idea how many buyers meet that criteria and took advantage. I can’t imagine many moved that way but what do I know.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Everybody sleep through the time change ? I was 5 minutes late before it hit me, there was nothing. I wonder if it will be an hour later today.

Wow, so funny, I kept reminding everybody to change their clocks, and completely forgot to change mine!!!!

• Options

@JimTyler said:

Computer clocks automatically update. Mint website is a programmed update.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file