Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Coin(s) Thread*** _Mint Hi-Res images posted

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 27, 2021 1:48PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm looking for a one ouncer and a half ouncer on Thursday.

This will be another Mint battle, no doubt in my mind.

Miles?

New design

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck... I will not be in this skirmish... Waiting for the new ASE's. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure everyone understands that March 11, 2021, Gold Coins will be the Old (Type 1) Designs...

• Options

@cagcrisp said:
    Make sure everyone understands that March 11, 2021, Gold Coins will be the Old (Type 1) Designs...

Type 2 coming Summer 2021.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

GB, Thank you as always for getting these threads started. I think I’m in for half and quarter ounce if available. Maybe the 10th. I hope they don’t start selling grams! My credit card this year is already swelling and expanding

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cagcrisp said:

Make sure everyone understands that FRIDAY MARCH 12TH 2021 is the official release date. ;)

• Options

Why isn't the 1st thread on this the "official" thread?

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

Any price adjustment tomorrow?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

what first thread?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

the price is not set. it will be tomorrow.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

No

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't collect Gold, but, I want in on this thread...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Why isn't the 1st thread on this the "official" thread?

Till GB indicates it is the “official” thread and you complain, it’s not official.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have my first buy offer from a large dealer... that's on this site... but the offer is for "market price". I asked if that is a guarantee profit, and the answer is no. Hmm. I think I need a little more assurance before I go big on them.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I have my first buy offer from a large dealer... that's on this site... but the offer is for "market price". I asked if that is a guarantee profit, and the answer is no. Hmm. I think I need a little more assurance before I go big on them.

Since each individual gold proof is limited to 1 per household, how big could you go? I assume you mean avoiding the larger cost of the 4 coin set or the one ounce gold proof?

• Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

@jwitten said:

Since each individual gold proof is limited to 1 per household, how big could you go? I assume you mean avoiding the larger cost of the 4 coin set or the one ounce gold proof?

Depends on how many accounts or households you have access to. If you have enough friends and relatives, you can order quite a few - depending on the good old Mint website, of course.

• Options

@cagcrisp said:
    Officially at approximately 200PM ET the United States Mint will post these prices:

1 oz. $2,375.00
    1/2 oz. $1,205.00
    1/4 oz. $615.00
    1/10 oz. $260.00
    4- coin set $4,410.00

The 1/10 oz is the only one remotely reasonable - or is that a typo. LOL

• Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

@jwitten said:

Well, if you buy one of each, that's still pretty big considering the prices, lol. But yes, I have several accounts, and several friends that I can get to buy for me if the potential is there. With no guarantee profit, there is no way I would pay someone else to buy for me though. I could potentially go semi-big, by buying one of each myself, but again, that's a lot of money with no promises.

• Options

Well, if one is concerned about getting all of those fractional’s into your basket in time you might consider just going for that four coin set. Then coming back for the hopeful leftovers. I suspect that tenth ouncer will go the quickest.

• Options

Yes John, agreed, if you were just buying for yourself and your collection it is a quite easy decision.

• Options

I just noticed the Mintage limit is none on the four coin set. Anyone explain that one?

• Options

@Goldbully said:
    I just noticed the Mintage limit is none on the four coin set. Anyone explain that one?

I would guess since each coin in it has a different limit, they just say none. Can only be 8,200 sets, but each coin has a limit based on the individual mintage limits for them. I may try to get a set or two to flip.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Keeping my powder dry for the summer T2 ASE issues.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

so, mintage limit on T1 1/10 oz AGE W proof is 16200, prod limit is 8000 for single, and prod limit on T1 4-coin set is 8200, so 0 mintage left for 2-coin 1/10 oz AGE W proof set coming out this summer

does that imply that the 2-coin 1/10 oz AGE W proof set this summer will be a different [enhanced/reverse?] proof finish?

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    so, mintage limit on T1 1/10 oz AGE W proof is 16200, prod limit is 8000 for single, and prod limit on T1 4-coin set is 8200, so 0 mintage left for 2-coin 1/10 oz AGE W proof set coming out this summer

does that imply that the 2-coin 1/10 oz AGE W proof set this summer will be a different [enhanced/reverse?] proof finish?

Probably...with a mintage limit of 2021. ;)

• Options

to be clear, my LOL reaction is from me going insane 🤪 @jmlanzaf

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021 4:44PM

You suppose the Mint could jack up the premiums even more if they set their minds to it?

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I will be going for the 1/2 or full ounce ASE, this time shipping it next day

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

Update your Mint account info ahead of time. Just today I got a new credit card for the account I use with the Mint with a new expiration date.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021 6:43PM

Just read in the BST forum member coinflip is offering 500 over sale price for the four coin set for those inclined to flip on the gold.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Just read in the BST forum member coinflip is offering 500 over sale price for the four coin set for those inclined to flip on the gold.

Wow. I kind of think that will be the "easiest" one to get. It has the higher mintage and higher price tag.

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

If I was able to pick up the 4 coin set and wanted to get them graded, is there anything special since it is a 4 coin set or is is just 4 separate coins that get graded with no ties to the set?

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

@jshaulis said:
    If I was able to pick up the 4 coin set and wanted to get them graded, is there anything special since it is a 4 coin set or is is just 4 separate coins that get graded with no ties to the set?

Contact PCGS customer service for labelling or packaging options.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Countdown begins...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@jshaulis said:

Normally just four separate coins.....same as my 2008-W Gold Buffalo herd set.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i would think at least half the run would come back PR70 dcam if graded

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Hi there; I was curious and honestly confused about how the mintage numbers and the product limits work on this one.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure I’m in on this one, what is the chatter on the streets 😂?

• Options
    edited March 11, 2021 10:06AM

got the 1/10 oz [ar least, order confirmed... well see ......]

took 4 times to succeed in order - first 3 times kept kicking me back to cart, had to reenter my info each time - 1101, 1102, 1103 - then 1104 got confirm email before I even had the thank you for your order screen on website return

good luck yall [WHY do we do this to ourselves?! 😅😭]

• Options

Got what I wanted a quarter and 10th and a half ounce and kicked me out a couple times but if necessary, I will go back tomorrow morning with the coffee crowd.

• Options

Got the four coin set USM09316XXX

• Options

Got two 4 coin sets

• Options
    edited March 11, 2021 10:09AM

It took 6 minutes to place my order for the 4 coin set. Slow Slow Slow and a new screen popped up 4 times before it accepted my order.

Order #USM09335xxx at 12:06pm EST

• Options

4 coin set unavailable

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file