Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official American Eagle 2021 Gold Proof Coin(s) Thread*** _Mint Hi-Res images posted

Comments

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2021 2:09PM

@CaptHenway said:
    I have confirmation on my four piece set, which I did first, but not the three fractionals which were all ordered individually.

That's exactly where I'm at. Surprised that an order that was placed seconds after the first will have hours (at least) between confirmation emails. Good to hear someone else is in the same situation though -- reduces the worry.

Posted this and then got the other confirmation almost immediantely!

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Halfpence said:

@Goldminers said:
    .> @Halfpence said:

That was rather fun. Bought the 4 coin set and 1/4 oz to sell (thx coinflip!), and the 1/2 oz and 1/10 to keep. After I sell the first two, the latter two will be well under spot, so I'm a happy camper.

Surprised you would not keep the 1/4. vs the 1/10

I debated. I want the two-coin set coming this summer (gold type 1 and 2). If I can't get it, I'll try to make my own set using the 1/10 I just purchased.

keep in mind the t1/t2 set is more than likely a unique proof [enhanced/reverse] finish, so the t1 1/10 that went on sale is unique from those

Hold on, do we know that the set is a t1/t2 set? Or are we all just assuming it? I don't see any details on the mint product page.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spotthedog said:
    I'm a little worried. I ordered the 4 coin set. I got the email stating "order received". My card has not been pinged yet. When I go to mint site "order history", it shows I have the set on order, and is processing. When I touch the order number to see what I ordered at that price, it takes a few seconds, then goes back to all my orders, and doesn't show what I ordered.

Does that all the time. One of my accounts has be n processing 5 year old orders for weeks.

• Options

@Kliao said:

@spotthedog said:
    I'm a little worried. I ordered the 4 coin set. I got the email stating "order received". My card has not been pinged yet. When I go to mint site "order history", it shows I have the set on order, and is processing. When I touch the order number to see what I ordered at that price, it takes a few seconds, then goes back to all my orders, and doesn't show what I ordered.

That is what happens when you still have not received a confirmation email. I've noticed that after you receive a confirmation email, a page will load when you click on the order number.

Not true. See my previous comment.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guxiyou said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Halfpence said:

@Goldminers said:
    .> @Halfpence said:

That was rather fun. Bought the 4 coin set and 1/4 oz to sell (thx coinflip!), and the 1/2 oz and 1/10 to keep. After I sell the first two, the latter two will be well under spot, so I'm a happy camper.

Surprised you would not keep the 1/4. vs the 1/10

I debated. I want the two-coin set coming this summer (gold type 1 and 2). If I can't get it, I'll try to make my own set using the 1/10 I just purchased.

keep in mind the t1/t2 set is more than likely a unique proof [enhanced/reverse] finish, so the t1 1/10 that went on sale is unique from those

Hold on, do we know that the set is a t1/t2 set? Or are we all just assuming it? I don't see any details on the mint product page.

great call - assumption

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

@Kliao said:

@spotthedog said:

That is what happens when you still have not received a confirmation email. I've noticed that after you receive a confirmation email, a page will load when you click on the order number.

Not true. I have not been able to access individual items in my order history for well over a year even after receiving order confirmation. In fact, every item in my order history still shows "processing". And, that doesn't change when I click on any of the orders.

@PipestonePete said:

@Kliao said:

@spotthedog said:

Not true. I have not been able to access individual items in my order history for well over a year even after receiving order confirmation. In fact, every item in my order history still shows "processing". And, that doesn't change when I click on any of the orders.

You need to contact customer service at the mint your account has an error. Your internal and external e-mail address don't match. That is why all your orders show processing.

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

The only thing we know for sure is that it can’t include the 1/10 proof type 1 that just sold out, because the mintage limit was offered with this sale.

It could be two type 2 coins, could be a type 1 and type 2 with a unique finish (that’s obviously my guess). There are likely other possibilities, but it’s probably safe to assume that it won’t be two type 1 coins.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aaaaarghhh! My credit card company declined the purchases suspecting fraud. Even though I called them last week to tell them that I would be making a series of US Mint purchases. Not sure if I can fix it. May have lost out on 4 coin set and Eagle.

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    Aaaaarghhh! My credit card company declined the purchases suspecting fraud. Even though I called them last week to tell them that I would be making a series of US Mint purchases. Not sure if I can fix it. May have lost out on 4 coin set and Eagle.

You almost certainly haven’t lost out. Same thing happened to me. Just get it cleared with your bank and then call the mint.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2021 2:49PM

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

Lost out on the v75 age the same way. So pissed off I cancelled the card. Called them and they said no problem try the charge again...guess what..sold out

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

Lost out on the v75 age the same way. So pissed off I cancelled the card. Called them and they said no problem try the charge again...guess what..sold out

It's frustrating, but with all the fraud out there, it's understandable. Happened to me a couple times in the past. Best to use a bank debit card, which is what I do now. Have not had problems with that.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

So sorry to hear that. If you tell your credit card company to be suspicious of certain purchases, I understand. BUT, the United States Mint??? Oh man, I'm pissed off for you!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

Sill remember that. Just thinking about it hurts bit it didn't happen to me and I never was able to place an order for one!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Called my card company. My balance is only $18, but my line of credit is down by the amount of the four items I purchased.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Just got the confirmed order email for my Gold 4 Coin Set! I feel better now! The wait is just always nerve racking.

• Options

@djm said:

@PipestonePete said:

@Kliao said:

@spotthedog said:

@PipestonePete said:

@Kliao said:

@spotthedog said:

You need to contact customer service at the mint your account has an error. Your internal and external e-mail address don't match. That is why all your orders show processing.

My email address hasn't changed in 27 years. It doesn't seem to cause a problem. They ship everything just fine.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:
    Just got the confirmed order email for my Gold 4 Coin Set! I feel better now! The wait is just always nerve racking.

Doesn’t mean a thing. I got the same email but card declined purchase.

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

Bank problem for me. It has hopefully been rectified. I invested about 1-1/2 hours on this project today.

• Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

man ... that sh1t sucks - sorry you ran into that - my bank's security is so tight, it prevents me from making many legitimate purchases - indescribably frustrating, like I'm a kid who needs to ask for permission to spend my allowance 😑

I understand needing security on purchases, but something has to change - security should never mean you can't make legitimate purchases w your own hard-earned money

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2021 4:19PM

I forgot to complain

had the same problems placing an order as I did for the V75 issues.

(My 2021 SAE went trough without a problem)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Collector

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Advanced releases to qualified dealers.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

You just need to buy more from the us mint!

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I got it fixed. Credit card company needed me to talk to a supervisor since it was over $3k purchase. That took a while but I hung in there.
    Mint ran the cards again and all is well.
    :)

🔥🤘🔥

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get a "Your U. S. Mint order has shipped" email?

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

So are these going to be anything special or is the fact there is a mintage limit making this more exciting? These look to be low mintage but not by much in looking at recent history. I don't see these as a "key" to a set, Just another better mintage semi-key.

2021 1oz 12,700
    2021 1/2oz 9,800
    2021 1/4oz 10,900
    2021 1/10oz 16,200 This is inclusive of the 8,200 four coin sets.

2020 1oz 15,907
    2020 1/2oz 12,569
    2020 1/4oz 14,355
    2020 1/10oz 22,589 This is inclusive of the 10,123 four coin sets.

Then according to the usacoinbook.com site the mintages for:
    2019 1 oz is 13,932
    2019 1/2oz is 9,941
    2019 1/4oz is 11,098
    2019 1/10oz is 18,849

2018 1 oz is 15,570
    2018 1/2oz is 9,961
    2018 1/4oz is 12,804
    2018 1/10oz is 22,163

• Options

Anyone else get a cancellation email after receiving a confirmation email?

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JaLP said:

Nope, but I do see I got the confirmation emails a couple hours ago.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@trmusaf01 said:

For real?

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I have been lucky even back with the 2019 s RP, everytime I want these sell out in 10 minutes coins I got my orders in. But, seeing these HUGE increases in prices on Ebay right after is baffling, I am sure if I wanted to sell it great for me. But, it is nuts, I'm sure I would be annoyed like some ppl are if I didn't get the ASE coins. I do have to say though, the site is much better working this year. Is it true that the mint boost you shipping method when u buy Gold? I forgot to change my budget shipping for the 1/2 ounce, but I did for the 1/10th.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2021 5:24PM

@Batman23 said:
    So are these going to be anything special or is the fact there is a mintage limit making this more exciting? These look to be low mintage but not by much in looking at recent history. I don't see these as a "key" to a set, Just another better mintage semi-key.

2021 1oz 12,700
    2021 1/2oz 9,800
    2021 1/4oz 10,900

2020 1oz 15,907
    2020 1/2oz 12,569
    2020 1/4oz 14,355

2019 1 oz is 13,932
    2019 1/2oz is 9,941
    2019 1/4oz is 11,098
    2019 1/10oz is 18,849

2018 1 oz is 15,570
    2018 1/2oz is 9,961
    2018 1/4oz is 12,804
    2018 1/10oz is 22,163

As one of the few, rare, disturbed collectors of US gold eagles, I can say the mintages of 2018 to 2021 are completely meaningless to me. What matters is the PCGS pop report of 70's.

"There can only be one", who survives that quest, and "Obsession" achieved this already.

Who ever "Steve4579" is (Obsession), that flawless complete set of ALL US Mint eagles is simply amazing and deserving of maximum recognition of any modern eagle or any coin collector.

I also think if someone has the best modern eagle set of all time, why not show some of the coins in it publicly, as some must be exceptional?

• Options

@Peyroguy said:

Is it true that the mint boost you shipping method when u buy Gold?

It does show that from the mint website.

“ Shipments containing any gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles with a budget or standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping.”

Although I haven’t seen the change on my order yet....

Collector

• Options

@JaLP said:

I wish.... I'm expecting a couple weeks like my ASE

• Options

@jessewvu said:

@trmusaf01 said:

For real?

Yep. I'm on the phone and they said since my billing address of the credit card didn't match the shipping address they cancelled it. WTF?

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

@JaLP said:

Yes, USM0930xxxx shipped

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sat this one out but congrats to all who participated.

I did get a proof 1/10th ouncer way back when this series started. It is good looking but minuscule. :p

• Options

@92vette said:

@JaLP said:

Yes, USM0930xxxx shipped

Damn, I'm 30k orders behind you.

USM09335xxx

• Options

@Batman23 said:

2021 1oz 12,700
    2021 1/2oz 9,800
    2021 1/4oz 10,900

2020 1oz 15,907
    2020 1/2oz 12,569
    2020 1/4oz 14,355

2019 1 oz is 13,932
    2019 1/2oz is 9,941
    2019 1/4oz is 11,098
    2019 1/10oz is 18,849

2018 1 oz is 15,570
    2018 1/2oz is 9,961
    2018 1/4oz is 12,804
    2018 1/10oz is 22,163

Yeah, I don't expect these to have legs. 3 years from now, they won't be any different than the 2018 or 2019.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Yeah, I don't expect these to have legs. 3 years from now, they won't be any different than the 2018 or 2019.

But they will still be the last year of a 35 year reverse.

• Options

@Goldbully said:

@jmlanzaf said:

But they will still be the last year of a 35 year reverse.

Yes. I mean they are fine for collectors who want them. But I wouldn't hold them expecting them to go up given the gigantic premium on most of them. I'm surprised the 1/10 oz only had a $90 premium. LOL.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

I screwed up and put in the wrong security code. Called cc company I was told the orders were decline they did not show as pending even though mint said processing. I figured didn’t know it was dead yet. I told the cc guy it was my fault I put in the wrong security code. So later in the day I checked that card again for 💩’s and grins and the charges are pending. I hardly ever use that card guess they didn’t want to miss out on their cut.

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

My CC company declined the 1oz purchase but allowed the 1/4 and 1/10 pinged my card for those two. Got a text asking if it was legitimate purchase. Clicked yes, and called the Mint customer service. Got an email while on hold confirming that purchase and credit card got pinged. Good thing cause after the customer service rep had me on hold for about 10 min they hung up on me. Hopefully I don't get a cancelled email.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file