Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if it’s time to update the USPS motto:

“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds“

Truthfully, I’m very understanding of the delays, but problems at usps have been building for years.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    Anyone get one of these email messages from the Mint today??

Yeah I got it too. If jmlanzaf gets one he gonna be like Noooooo!!!🤣😂

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

so @notsure is the only one whose received these - anyone else receive these, or even have them ship? consensus seems to be no one else, but wanted to check

have called in twice after receiving 'there's an issue w your order and unless you contact us within 48 hrs, it may be canceled', amd have received assurances from rep that all cc issues originating on 11-feb have been sorted w my card, but ill feel a lot better when I see SHIPPED 👀

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I to receive the email which is a not a surprise, as others have said, and there are some here on this thread that have some major skin in the game but if they’re not getting them a lot of other people that are hoping to flip aren’t either.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the email.

Many happy BST transactions
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Goldbully said:

LOL. I got THREE OF THEM on my different accounts.

I'd be happy if they shipped in the next week. I actually turned down a $13 per coin profit to pre-sell all 300 units. I'm still a believer.

And you know me, rather than sell 300 to one person for a $4000 profit, I'd rather sell 300 to 300 different people for a $3000 profit. LMFAO

@MilesWaits said:
    Yes I to receive the email which is a not a surprise, as others have said, and there are some here on this thread that have some major skin in the game but if they’re not getting them a lot of other people that are hoping to flip aren’t either.

One person claimed to have received one. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I'd be happy if they shipped in the next week. I actually turned down a $13 per coin profit to pre-sell all 300 units. I'm still a believer.

And you know me, rather than sell 300 to one person for a $4000 profit, I'd rather sell 300 to 300 different people for a $3000 profit. LMFAO

Do you already have them up for sale on Ebay, or did someone from the forum offer to purchase?

@Halfpence said:

Do you already have them up for sale on Ebay, or did someone from the forum offer to purchase?

I never presell on eBay. Too many ways it can go wrong. I talked to someone interested. There are people out there buying them.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Halfpence said:

I never presell on eBay. Too many ways it can go wrong. I talked to someone interested. There are people out there buying them.

Take the deal! Bird in the hand, no work, and no risk of dropping demand by the time you get them.

• nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@GiveMeProof said:

@RichR said:
    No wonder these flew out the door...they're now going for $499.99 (for the easily deluded) for PR70 (marked on the slab as Advanced Release...whatever that means?) on TV.

Crazy but still...

Yeah Rich, I saw that. It's like they are trying to create rarity where none exists. And Mike Sleazak is making a HUGE deal out of 2021 coins that were minted in 2020. SO WHAT? Can't wait till Jan. 1st to start minting for the current year. And he claimed that now there are 18 "Collector Coin Approved Purchasers" who receive new releases 2 days before the official release of which he is one. Again I say, SO WHAT?

I would like to see evidence for these approved purchasers. All the bulk buyers I know receive no special privileges. Maybe @nurmaler knows.

The 27,440 (over the initial 300k product limit) were proofs that were sold to bulk buyers via bulk 40 packs (no clamshells).

These advanced orders needed to be placed by 10/14/20 and from my understanding, were delivered already.

In response to other messages on this board, if you do have larger quantity orders and would like to lock in a price, plz message me.

• OrlenaOrlena Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

Yep I received the email. Long time enrollment customer and never a problem until now. They’re sitting in processing purgatory since 2/11.

• scooter25scooter25 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭

I received the email as well. Still patiently waiting

@nurmaler said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@GiveMeProof said:

@RichR said:
    No wonder these flew out the door...they're now going for $499.99 (for the easily deluded) for PR70 (marked on the slab as Advanced Release...whatever that means?) on TV.

Crazy but still...

Yeah Rich, I saw that. It's like they are trying to create rarity where none exists. And Mike Sleazak is making a HUGE deal out of 2021 coins that were minted in 2020. SO WHAT? Can't wait till Jan. 1st to start minting for the current year. And he claimed that now there are 18 "Collector Coin Approved Purchasers" who receive new releases 2 days before the official release of which he is one. Again I say, SO WHAT?

I would like to see evidence for these approved purchasers. All the bulk buyers I know receive no special privileges. Maybe @nurmaler knows.

The 27,440 (over the initial 300k product limit) were proofs that were sold to bulk buyers via bulk 40 packs (no clamshells).

These advanced orders needed to be placed by 10/14/20 and from my understanding, were delivered already.

In response to other messages on this board, if you do have larger quantity orders and would like to lock in a price, plz message me.

That's interesting. Thanks!

Brief window this morning. over 40 available for a time.

I did buy 9 more cuz they were in my cart from yesterday.

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up 10 more today.

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got one today. This is my first one. Didn’t bother trying the day of release because I didn’t expect it to be a hot item.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

Available for a minute this morning. Picked up 5 more today. Since I don't flip coins, these are all Christmas gifts.

edited February 19, 2021 5:46AM

@jmlanzaf said:

Yeah....in your cart from yesterday...that's why you bought them😉🤑🤑🤑

@jmlanzaf said:

Why didn't you buy the entire run of 327,440? You could name your selling price. Just think of all the profit you could have made!

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

They were. Otherwise I might have put more (or less) in the cart.

Since I've spent a total of $0 on them so far, there's little point in stopping. LOL

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Since I've spent a total of $0 on them so far, there's little point in stopping. LOL

Wait....What?🤔

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Wait....What?🤔

cards aren't charged until shipment goes out

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

No email for me...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
    edited February 19, 2021 11:23AM

I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The bad news: I'm down to 23 sets on order!

The good news: I sold 297 sets. [PM if you want info.]

Now I guess I have room to buy more! LOL

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2021 8:50AM

"Oh the humanity!" :s>:)

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far...I've bought 2 and I'm happy...and I hope to match them to (at least) 2 of the Type 2's later this year.

And now back to our normal programming.

well, I've "bought" 2 as well - whether or not I'll receive 2 remains to be seen, but similar plan, make a couple sets of t1s and t2s 🤞

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    well, I've "bought" 2 as well - whether or not I'll receive 2 remains to be seen, but similar plan, make a couple sets of t1s and t2s 🤞

Same here. I'm keeping 2 for my collection. I have been buying extras to give out as gifts.

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Wait....What?🤔

cards aren't charged until shipment goes out

But he still has to PAY for them. Maybe he needs some lessons on impulse buying 🤣😂

@jmlanzaf said:

The good news: I sold 297 sets.

Honestly, I don't care about how much money you are making on selling these. 🙄🤫

This forum is for who is buying them. All you are doing is potentially upsetting the collectors who feel flipping is a sin.👼

Maybe you should start a new thread for those who are selling these. That would make for some interesting reading😂🤣

• cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

This forum is for who is buying them. All you are doing is potentially upsetting the collectors who feel flipping is a sin.👼

Maybe you should start a new thread for those who are selling these. That would make for some interesting reading😂🤣

I have NO problem with ANYONE selling to make a profit off of a hobby or business.
    I always look forward to @jmlanzaf's post. Keep 'em coming and Congrats on your ability to make a profit...

@cagcrisp said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I have NO problem with ANYONE selling to make a profit off of a hobby or business.
    I always look forward to @jmlanzaf's post. Keep 'em coming and Congrats on your ability to make a profit...

Pretty sure you are in the minority on this one😎

I do not always agree with the practices of all posters but I personally have appreciated hearing about who is buying what, etc. This helped me figure out how to get one for myself at 7:30 AM one day this week. :)

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never sold a coin...stone in hand...nah...professional coin dealers flip as is the very nature of their business. I despise the sbirds who give two s- - t about coins but fly in from their mommy’s basement on special issue

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• @jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Hmmm....I take it you are done flipping W quarters? I seem to recall more than a few posts extolling W quarters.

I mostly posted that I had sold them in case anyone wanted to privately contact me about how much and to whom.

This forum is for everyone. That includes dealers who are, by definition, flippers. It also includes collectors who are increasingly flippers. Let he who has never sold a coin cast the first stone.

Longtime lurker, rarely post. But much appreciate all of jmlanzafs posts.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sales for the U.S. Mint’s numismatic products offering containing the Proof 2021-W American Eagle silver dollar with the original reverse breached the 330,000-coin mark based on figures released to Coin World Feb. 19.

Two sales options offering the coin opened for public sale Feb. 11 and are listed as “currently unavailable.”

The single Proof 2021-W American Eagle silver dollar option, offered at $73 each without any household order restriction, was reported Feb. 19 to have sales totaling 293,444 coins. The sales catalog lists a maximum issue of 327,440 coins.

The Congratulations set, offered for $75, was listed with sales of 35,615 sets.

The total sales figure also includes 40-coin bulk discount packs sold to dealers, with the coins in plastic capsules. The sales total of 678 does not indicate whether the sales figure is a total number of coins in 40-coin packs or the number of packs sold.

“Currently unavailable” status suggests that the products are not available at this time, but the Mint could offer more coins when they become available.

Mint customers have been reporting releases of small numbers of coins after the initial Feb. 11 launch.

The coins tend to sell out quickly. Mint customers who click the “Remind Me” button on the product page may receive an alert from the Mint when these additional quantities become available.

Additional coins would come from customer-canceled orders or orders canceled by the Mint where credit cards expired.

The Mint plans to release a second American Eagle silver dollar mid-year bearing a new reverse design as part of anti-counterfeiting efforts.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/us-mint-updates-proof-2021-w-american-eagle-sales-figures

@Mgarmy said:
    I have never sold a coin...stone in hand...nah...professional coin dealers flip as is the very nature of their business. I despise the sbirds who give two s- - t about coins but fly in from their mommy’s basement on special issue

Someday you might, if only to upgrade or redirect.

I'm actually astounded at the number of collectors who churn their collections. That can be a pretty expensive way to collect.

• GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@scooter25 said:
    I received the email as well. Still patiently waiting

Received the email as well..... not as patient on my waiting ;)

Since I don't sell my coins and don't need to beat out another seller, the Mint can take as long as they need to send my coins. I am in no hurry.

@JeffM said:
    Since I don't sell my coins and don't need to beat out another seller, the Mint can take as long as they need to send my coins. I am in no hurry.

I'm still waiting for 2020 Mint sets ordered during the 1st week of January.

Just got the shipping delay email. :/

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    so @notsure is the only one whose received these - anyone else receive these, or even have them ship? consensus seems to be no one else, but wanted to check

have called in twice after receiving 'there's an issue w your order and unless you contact us within 48 hrs, it may be canceled', amd have received assurances from rep that all cc issues originating on 11-feb have been sorted w my card, but ill feel a lot better when I see SHIPPED 👀

Man, I hate to say this, but my original enrollment for 4 shipped Tues........

I'll come up with something.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Goldbully said:

I got it also

@NotSure said:

Man, I hate to say this, but my original enrollment for 4 shipped Tues........

why hate saying it? isn't that good news? happy there's at least some trickling out

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, it's good news

the delays by usps were a "covid christmas"

the delays due snow in memphis is the "winter wait" a lot of us are going to be stuck with delays. that's just how it's going to happen.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file