Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭

I received my 1 Subscription ASE W Proof in Thursday’s mail.

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

good to see "proof" of life, @NotSure - they DO exist 😅

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

every survey and chance I get I always complain about the poor packing for shipping.

get the pucks and some ase's in the same box. the ase ogp gets banged up.

they used to pack a lot more carefully.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2021 2:43PM

A few years back, I ordered some products from the mint. The coins showed up out of the capsules and thrown all over the place. If it weren’t for the Mint’s return policy, I would probably buy products in person (shows or dealers) to check quality before buying on hope. I’d probably get coins cheaper than mint issue since most modern products tends to decrease in value once the hype goes away. (Not always)

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

@MsMorrisine said:
    every survey and chance I get I always complain about the poor packing for shipping.

same - do it every survey, but not a lot's changed w their packaging - they need to do that last, critical step w these survey results, and that's listen and turn feedback into action - ill keep waiting ... 🕰👀

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

And for the limited release ones, returns sometimes not a real option. Really no excuse for poor packaging given the prices

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NotSure said:
    Had a few minutes between unpacking and repacking....they were packed horribly, loose as all get out, 1 piece of balled up brown packing paper, with one lid floating around.

Congratulations!😎

funny how the sell out has distracted from the new price.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • scooter25scooter25 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭

You have one already?! They haven’t even charged my card yet and I ordered on the 11th!!

Also, going to try and snag 2 more in the morning . Wish me luck

you need luck and speed...

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@scooter25 said:
    You have one already?! They haven’t even charged my card yet and I ordered on the 11th!!

A big mystery as to how these 3 got ordered. I have a subscription for 4, and have never opted for expedited shipping. I believe the only reason these shipped was due to the mystery order having UPS 2nd Day Air as the shipping (they shipped the 12th, and arrived on the 17th, so I'll be looking into getting the $17.95 credited back).

I rushed the photos, as I didn't want to get too comfy with them. I offered to ship them 'as-is' from the mint, in case the buyer was considering First Strike. Where the buyer politely told me they were staying raw, and saw no need to have my invoice ship with them, I immediately opened them with a buddy.......when they ship that quickly, shipping labels come off super easy, and the box opens really easy. One would never know it had been opened. Looks like this buyer will be one of, if not THE first, to receive their 2021 Proof ASE's purchased from the 'bay.

I'll come up with something.

Hope the one I bought on the bay is quick.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    you need luck and speed...

In fact, you need to be like...
    The Spanish Inquisition!
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53j0l

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭

None were available today.....

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dare I say...... NADA? Nuttin Honey.

Never flipped

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not yet 😈

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank God. I've got a mess here. Damn Mint. Ship something!

When they ship it will be a race to the bottom regarding price

@jessewvu said:

I don't think the shipping delay is affecting the price at all. Most all of the selling going on is for pre-sale. You might currently get a premium for coins in hand that will evaporate when they ship larger numbers. But the price of the pre-sale is not going to change dramatically. It may slowly decay as it always does, although I expect there will be promos running when the Type 2 come out.

@jessewvu said:

You think the premium for these will go away once everyone has them in hand?

• @dpoole said:
    Late to the show here.

I've had a subscription to buy x number of the ASE proofs for the grandkids for many years. I got this yesterday from the Mint:

"One or more items in your order USSXXXX has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may call 1-888-321-MINT (6468). "

This may have been covered here, but why wouldn't standing subscription customers get theirs before others are issued?

This just seems craven to me. I've been SO disgusted by and disappointed in the Mint in recent years.

I’ve had a subscription for two every year. I even got the confirmation email two days before saying I was signed up for two and would be charged for two. On the morning of release they only charged me for 1. I have called and sent in emails. Every response I get is the one like you got. Saying that they cannot always guarantee quantities and that this coin was sold out or unavailable for the number I requested. Told me to sign up for reminders.

Total joke, they don’t care.

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@scooter25 said:

Not one, but 3. All 3 sold to the same guy the day after receiving them. Listed as soon as I had them in the house, sold in less than 12 hours. I had to ask the seller why he chose to grab mine, as they were listed for a little (just $15 higher) more than avg selling price. Buyer answered overnight, said sole reason for choosing my listing.....they were 'in-hand' and ready to go. Also said he'd have paid $250-$300 each, he was happy as you-know-what to NOT have to wait on a pre-sale.

I'll come up with something.
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@DreamingCoins said:

@dpoole said:
    Late to the show here.

I've had a subscription to buy x number of the ASE proofs for the grandkids for many years. I got this yesterday from the Mint:

"One or more items in your order USSXXXX has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may call 1-888-321-MINT (6468). "

This may have been covered here, but why wouldn't standing subscription customers get theirs before others are issued?

This just seems craven to me. I've been SO disgusted by and disappointed in the Mint in recent years.

I’ve had a subscription for two every year. I even got the confirmation email two days before saying I was signed up for two and would be charged for two. On the morning of release they only charged me for 1. I have called and sent in emails. Every response I get is the one like you got. Saying that they cannot always guarantee quantities and that this coin was sold out or unavailable for the number I requested. Told me to sign up for reminders.

Total joke, they don’t care.

One would think that the Mint would honor all subscriptions as long as they are within the HHL. Otherwise, what is the benefit of a subscription? Their website states that after you sign up for an enrollment program, you will receive the next product released in the product series. This is because inventory is first allocated to subscribers when a new product is released. If subscriptions are indeed doled out first, why can't they guarantee your order? Makes no sense.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

Totally agree, Jeff. It seems like a pretty basic process to implement. Total product limit minus subscription purchases equals number available for day of release.

no surprise to the people with a negative view of me: i would band together and do a full court press on the cancelled subscription orders asap. should they be cancelled.. if.. once that product limit is reached they will be difficult to convince to make more. convince them to make more either way right now. convince them to restore subs orders now.

how?: calling the 1-800 number is useless. they are a contractor in TEXAS and your coins are in TENN. !! NEITHER has the power to do something about this. Call them and escalate anyway, but the only other was it to write in.

BUT -- you have to give them time so you are sure this is not an email mix up again. Timing? That's tough, but I think it's too early to MAIL but is not too early to write drafts.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    no surprise to the people with a negative view of me: i would band together and do a full court press on the cancelled subscription orders asap. should they be cancelled.. if.. once that product limit is reached they will be difficult to convince to make more. convince them to make more either way right now. convince them to restore subs orders now.

how?: calling the 1-800 number is useless. they are a contractor in TEXAS and your coins are in TENN. !! NEITHER has the power to do something about this. Call them and escalate anyway, but the only other was it to write in.

BUT -- you have to give them time so you are sure this is not an email mix up again. Timing? That's tough, but I think it's too early to MAIL but is not too early to write drafts.

I had mentioned something similar last week. Must be done quickly.

The Mint HQ is in Philly and the Director (I think) has an office in DC - Dept of the Treasury. Those #s/emails might be more effective.

mint HQ is in DC his office is in DC.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

Speaking of how calling the mint is useless: why the heck do you have to provide your name, address, phone, etc, to ask a simple question about a product for which you won't get an answer? I get tired of that.

Mine shipped today (finally). I ordered it via subscription. Still trying to get a couple more.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

So...don't cut my head off as I haven't been following this thread closely...but has anything shipped yet from the first day of sale?

I only ask because I ordered one on Day 1 and a second on Day 3.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for me. Same scenario.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

@RichR said:
    So...don't cut my head off as I haven't been following this thread closely...but has anything shipped yet from the first day of sale?

I didn't order any on Day 1. I did order some on just about every day after and have yet to get anything shipped.

ordered day 1, will be a miracle if order isn't canceled due to cc weirdness on us mint's end

@RichR said:

Also ordered mine on day 1 and it shipped today so it seems they are working on it

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

I had subscription, I got the confirmation before the product was live on the mint site. I got a ship notification and tracking number last week, the usps tracking still shows or shipment though

• MKUltra24MKUltra24 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@MKUltra24 said:
    Question: Why do people mention the premium on this proof coin when the End of WW2 Proof ASE V75 was $83 and this one is $10 cheaper?

Is there something different about them (aside from design)?

They're both 1 oz of silver and proofs. o_O

V75 had a much lower mintage (special privy mark). It was certain to go up in value far above issue price.

And the premiums on normal proof SEs are absurd. :)

Ah ok thanks! That makes sense.

I'm glad I was able to get one even though it had a stupid hairline scratch on it even though I never even opened the capsule let alone touched it so IDK how it could have that tiny micro-scratch on it :(

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

This morning, about 38 available, gone in seconds.

Too slow today

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 2 more.

Many happy BST transactions

My add to bag button was jacked up again. Couldn’t even add to bag

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Called the Mint, after holding for 18 minutes got a rep.

She said none have shipped and no info on when they would ship. She was rather rude about it.

I ask her if this was the Memphis Center and she said no. I ask her where she was located and she just said Texas.

18 minutes of my life I'll never get back....where's that dang survey?

The Mint does not deserve us as customers. Since I am a collector and do not buy bulk loads to flip, I am leaning more and more towards just bypassing the Mint and buying the coins I want from dealers. It'll cost a little more, but I'll save the grief, aggravation, and frustration.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sales number as of 2-21-21

21EA 297,243 (30,197 left)

The numbers also show a 40 coin number:

21EA040 678 (27,120 coins)

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

• BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭

I think they need...wait for it...

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS!!!!!!

edited February 23, 2021 10:26AM

@Bullsitter said:
    Called the Mint, after holding for 18 minutes got a rep.

She said none have shipped and no info on when they would ship. She was rather rude about it.

The mint is shipping orders out of sequence to when they were placed. I have an order of 10 placed a few days later than my first order. That order had expedited shipping UPS 2 day. My smaller earlier order was regular shipping.
    She is obviously wrong. If you had regular shipping it’ll be a while. Expedited shipping should get you shipping notice soon. FYI

@Kliao said:
    Sales number as of 2-21-21

21EA 297,243 (30,197 left)

The numbers also show a 40 coin number:

21EA040 678 (27,120 coins)

You may have to add those together

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file