Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@cheezhed said:

@Weather11am said:
    Got 9 with next day shipping... we’ll see when/if they actually ship.

Today or previously?

Today.

You were so fast!

• PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I can finally and happily say my ASE has a tracking #. Congrats set hasn't moved yet, don't want to speculate on how long that will take

• MWKMWK Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021 12:50PM

I just got e-mail notification from the US Mint today, February 25, that they shipped my order for one 2021 ASE Proof. I completed the order within the first one or two minutes on the first day it was available, February 11. It's amazing that it took the mint two full weeks to ship an order.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MWK said:
    I just got e-mail notification from the US Mint today, February 25, that they shipped my order for one 2021 ASE Proof. I completed the order with the first one or two minutes on the first day it was available, February 11. It's amazing that it took the mint two full weeks to ship an order.

Not really. Sometimes they just don't have everything made before the release date. Took a month to ship the Mayflower 2 coin sets because of the COAs. It took 2 months for the Apollo coins because of packaging issues.

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Just received a shipping notification for my one coin order placed on 2/12/21. Coming via USPS.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

@CoinMeister said:
    Just received a shipping notification for my one coin order placed on 2/12/21. Coming via USPS.

Just received a shipping notification for one of my coin orders from the 12th. I think there were 7 of them. I have a ways to go.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

ship notice for day after 7:30 buy

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my shipping notification too!

Here's hoping they don't ship them too quickly. I can't have them all hit my cards at the same time. I've built a house of cards!

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Here's hoping they don't ship them too quickly. I can't have them all hit my cards at the same time. I've built a house of cards!

Timber!😂🤣

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I too received my shipping notifications, separate orders. I am more concerned for those orders of 99, though! Rawhide

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also received a follow up...they said that I still smell and dress funny...but that my coins ordered on Days 1 & 3 have now shipped.

Apparently the floodgates have finally opened.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

they've stopped shoveling snow and are now shoveling coins!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Also...for whatever it's worth...Coin World's pricing guide is tagging these at $185/each...that seems a bit much.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recieved my shipping notice today.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I was shocked and relieved that my Congrats set say shipped. What is funny is my CC was the wrong expiration date, but still went through. Now we worry that the post office won't take forever to deliver it.

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

This morning, available for several seconds.

@RichR said:
    Also...for whatever it's worth...Coin World's pricing guide is tagging these at $185/each...that seems a bit much.

Raw?

They are selling at $130 on eBay. 70s are more like $200

@Samuel8 said:
    This morning, available for several seconds.

Yes...just a flash though...in fact only one man could have gotten it.

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up another 12 today.

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

Are you trying to catch up to me? ;)

@jmlanzaf said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

It’s kind of fun every day. I do realize that I must stop soon as the profit margin will drop somewhat.

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

It’s kind of fun every day. I do realize that I must stop soon as the profit margin will drop somewhat.

I am just curious, how many seconds do you need to complete the order process?

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

My third order has shipped... it was the smallest. I wonder if they are sending out small orders first.

As I was checking prices last night, I was surprised/pleased that the 2019 Enhanced Eagle has apparently settled at around $2,000.

That really was a great investment for a small amount of $$$.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order for five on Feb. 13th has shipped.

@RichR said:
    As I was checking prices last night, I was surprised/pleased that the 2019 Enhanced Eagle has apparently settled at around $2,000.

Do you know how difficult to get it?

edited February 26, 2021 10:40AM

[Do you know how difficult to get it?]

I actually found that the 2019 Enhanced Eagle was much easier to get from the Mint than the 2020 Privy gold eagle. That was a complete debacle.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    [Do you know how difficult to get it?]

I actually found that the 2019 Enhanced Eagle was much easier to get from the Mint than the 2020 Privy gold eagle. That was a complete debacle.

I ended up buying the 2019 ERP Eagle from a dealer. From this point forward, that's how I will buy most of my coins. After many years of dealing with the Mint's shenanigans, I'm completely fed up.

[I ended up buying the 2019 ERP Eagle from a dealer. From this point forward, that's how I will buy most of my coins. After many years of dealing with the Mint's shenanigans, I'm completely fed up.]

This issue was the first where I had eBay dealers break deals on coins on which they had confirmed Mint orders...and then turned around and sold [my] coins at a larger premium to others. In my case, no fewer than 5 eBay sellers cancelled my completed purchases and had their accounts temporarily suspended when they attempted to resell the same coins the following day. To their credit, 2 other sellers did honor the sales.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

Excellent to hear and how about for the signed #1!?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

@jessewvu said:
    My third order has shipped... it was the smallest. I wonder if they are sending out small orders first.

They shipped all my orders from the 12th ranging in size from 1 to 22. They shipped none of my later orders which ranged in size from 1 to 99. So it looks like they are simply doing them chronologically.

• MWKMWK Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:

Argh.... Thanks for opening an old wound. :) I was on the mint's web site the instant those coins were available and could never get through the check out process without timing out. I subsequently spent a few weeks waking up early every day in the hopes of getting a coin but could never get past the time outs on the rare occasions coins were available. I ultimately got discouraged and gave up.

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a second shipping notification. My very first order hasn’t shipped.

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@jessewvu said:

They shipped all my orders from the 12th ranging in size from 1 to 22. They shipped none of my later orders which ranged in size from 1 to 99. So it looks like they are simply doing them chronologically.

one would think - my 2 from the 11th haven't shipped; PROCESSING

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order just shipped

Many happy BST transactions

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jessewvu said:

one would think - my 2 from the 11th haven't shipped; PROCESSING

Well, they aren't perfect. Lol.

They do jump around a bit. Not sure how there order system decides the order. I did have 15 orders from this account for over $25k. You'd hope that would give some priority. But no one really knows.

@MWK said:

I subsequently spent a few weeks waking up early every day in the hopes of getting a coin...

Many of us experience early morning sleeplessness, shaking, loss of appetite, dizziness, headaches, anxiety, fear, computer stress....yes, PTMS (post traumatic mint syndrome)

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2021 4:49AM

All 6 orders have shipped.

Placed on 2-12,13,14,15,16, and 17

**EDIT....UPS update, Tuesday delivery... B)

@JeffM said:

I'm completely fed up.

Reminds me of the old joke...Fed X and UPS are finally joining forces to become one mighty company....FED UP.

• scooter25scooter25 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is supposed to be here today, but a check of the tracking number shows it is now “running late”. 😞 frustrating

Picked up 10 more today.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered another one b/c first one still says processing

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    Picked up 10 more today.

I didn't even see the red blip...

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 2 more, didn't last long.

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

😑🤬

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    😑🤬

When was that order placed? Must have been the 11th?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file