Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the First Strike cutoff date for unopened boxes of the 2021 Proof Silver Eagle? Not sure if it is March 11th or later with an unopened box?

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2021 6:10AM

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    What is the First Strike cutoff date for unopened boxes of the 2021 Proof Silver Eagle? Not sure if it is March 11th or later with an unopened box?

FS eligibility on unopened boxes from the Mint is determined by the postmark.

Unfortunately, there currently is no cut-off date listed at the PCGS site for 21EA.
    Link

I have e-mailed them about this issue, but do not expect an immediate response. If they surprise me with a timely reply, I will post the information in this thread.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

FS eligibility on unopened boxes from the Mint is determined by the postmark.

Unfortunately, there currently is no cut-off date listed at the PCGS site for 21EA.
    Link

I have e-mailed them about this issue, but do not expect an immediate response. If they surprise me with a timely reply, I will post the information in this thread.

Ended up calling PCGS this AM on an unrelated issue. So, I inquired about this.

Spoke with CS rep named Daniel. He said that:
    ~ the FS cutoff for 21EA would be 30 days from the Mint release date of 02/11/21 (i.e., 03/13/21);
    ~ he would request that the 21EA release be added to the 'FS webpage/cutoff table'. Completion timing unknown.

Note - If you submit for FS before the 'FS webpage/cutoff table' is updated, he recommends that you include a screenshot of the Mint "product schedule", with the 21EA release highlighted. Doing this should reduce the probability of any processing delays.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Shocked!

Cool... :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

All my orders less than 99 have shipped, some were ordered a week or two after the first order of 99. First in/First out doesn’t exist.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2021 1:05PM

My intention wasn’t to hijack this thread with a parallel silver proof just kind of excited and shocked to the point that I was glad I doubled down on my red button Depends this morning.
    Even if, as someone had said in another thread, that the screwdriver was taken to this Silver V75 coin I would still keep it! Even when it spots and turns 64, still.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    All my orders less than 99 have shipped, some were ordered a week or two after the first order of 99. First in/First out doesn’t exist.

What's the deal with this? Same thing is going on with my orders.

Ok, moving back to the V75 thread now and thanks for the clarification, JBK.

Those that anticipate or expect or even demand that the Mint operate from logic when shipping will be frustrated and eventually angry and then move into that last stage of grieving, acceptance.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

they are probably hiring a logistics company to figure out how to fit 99 little boxes into 1 big shipment. :-/

that's semi-serious. 99 is a lot. how many pounds is that? they're likely to need multiple boxes.

but yes, they need to be doing FIFO and 99 should not override that.

heh. going to lose money on that $4.95 shipping charge.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

I think 50 of them weighed around 16 Lbs.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

99 would be close to 28 lbs

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Those that anticipate or expect or even demand that the Mint operate from logic when shipping will be frustrated and eventually angry and then move into that last stage of grieving, acceptance.

That's why I call it "The Puzzle Palace". (not my original term) They have lots of practice being unfathomable. Logic plays only an obscure portion of the process.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order for one (21EA) placed on 2/17 arrived today...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

Yes, me too.

@MsMorrisine said:
    they are probably hiring a logistics company to figure out how to fit 99 little boxes into 1 big shipment. :-/

that's semi-serious. 99 is a lot. how many pounds is that? they're likely to need multiple boxes.

A wholesaler told me that orders of 99 have been shipping 89 in one box and 10 in a separate box.

@OLC said:
    I think 50 of them weighed around 16 Lbs.

My boxes of 22 weighed 7.3 pounds packed, so that's probably about right.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2021 3:29PM

@Bullsitter said:
    99 would be close to 28 lbs

99 x 4.5 = 445.5 ounces

445.5/16=27.84 lbs.

Yup!

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

A wholesaler told me that orders of 99 have been shipping 89 in one box and 10 in a separate box.

That's how they shipped 99 of my 2020 ASE's. 89 in one box, 10 in another.

@jessewvu said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

That's how they shipped 99 of my 2020 ASE's. 89 in one box, 10 in another.

They are the same size box..

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK if anyone should ever ask, I've got unimpaired proof of their sterling reputation #silverjokes

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

I will be happy to sell one of my 2021W proof Type 1 ASEs to anyone on this forum for $10,724.99 (+ postage). For that price, I will guarantee authenticity with an official Mint C of A, ship it in original Mint packaging, and include a one-of-a-kind recording of me singing the Star Spangled Banner while standing erect (not kneeling).

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

😬

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

My two late orders (one coin each) arrived today. Haven't opened them yet.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    I will be happy to sell one of my 2021W proof Type 1 ASEs to anyone on this forum for $10,724.99 (+ postage). For that price, I will guarantee authenticity with an official Mint C of A, ship it in original Mint packaging, and include a one-of-a-kind recording of me singing the Star Spangled Banner while standing erect (not kneeling).

Singing the Star Spangles banner while erect? Not sure I want that visual.

the 2020-S coin prices are steadily rising too. They sold in the $75-$80 range for a few months and now creeping up to mid $90's.

edited March 6, 2021 2:59PM

I picked up a couple of the these 2021 proof SEs and I'll probably go after some of the other SE "rarities" planned for later in the year. But, I am looking for the exit ramp at some point. Maybe 2021 with the switch in design will be the push I need.

I stumbled onto sime of the special issue SEs from the past several years that we all scrambled for, and I've honestly lost track and am starting to care less about all the varieties.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I picked up a couple of the these 2021 proof SEs and I'll probably go after some of the other SE "rarities" planned for later in the year. But, I am looking for the exit ramp at some point. Maybe 2032 with the switch in design will be the push I need.

I stumbled onto sime of the special issue SEs from the past several years that we all scrambled for, and I've honestly lost track and am starting to care less about all the varieties.

There’s a new design in 2032?!!! When will the madness end? ;)

I have 100 in for FDOI, I’ll send 100 in for First Strike, I’ll keep 100 FS for multi-holder when the type 2 comes out, and sell the rest raw. I figured I can move more selling 3 “different” variants.

This is a hobby for me, so as long as I break even I’ll be happy.

@jessewvu said:
    I have 100 in for FDOI, I’ll send 100 in for First Strike, I’ll keep 100 FS for multi-holder when the type 2 comes out, and sell the rest raw. I figured I can move more selling 3 “different” variants.

Why would you go through all that effort to break even?

@jmlanzaf said:

@jessewvu said:

Why not? Any risk taken where loses can be mitigated is a win. Any profit is just icing on the cake.

I will say I have been doing this long enough to not buy to lose.

@jessewvu said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jessewvu said:

Why not? Any risk taken where loses can be mitigated is a win. Any profit is just icing on the cake.

I will say I have been doing this long enough to not buy to lose.

Dealers feel the same way, if that's the way you meant it. It just sounded like you didn't care if you made a profit. Of course, breaking even is not the worst outcome.

edited March 6, 2021 6:05PM

@jessewvu said:

$22,000 before grading fees on a hobby? :o

I thought I had expensive hobbies. :D

edited March 6, 2021 6:33PM

Yep. > @JBK said:

@jessewvu said:

$22,000 before grading fees on a hobby? :o

I thought I had expensive hobbies. :D

Call me weird.

This is part of what keeps these posts interesting. People that are willing to throw the dice and hope that it pays off as they themselves love the game and the product.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:
    My coins arrived today. Unlike many of you, I only purchased three divided into two orders. I opened one to keep and will keep the pack of two sealed to sell or grade someday.

I have to say that I'm very impressed by how well packaged these were with the Styrofoam pieces. If only they had done this years ago. But, it's progress!!

Beautiful coins.

How, with such a high mintage, they'll ever keep any real premium I don't know but with only 3 not much to go wrong.

Mine have not been so well packed in all cases. Some yes. Some no. Same with the taping of the box. Some of them were taped so loosely that I'm not sure how they stayed sealed during transit.

I don't think they will keep much of a premium in the long run. But right now they are hanging in their. I through a few "extras" on eBay at $115 with free shipping and sold them out in 2 hours (17 coins). THANKS TO MANAGED PAYMENTS AND THE BULLION RATE...oh, sorry, wrong thread.

They are selling at around $130 on eBay, I know, but I wanted to blow some out quickly just in case my other 500 ever ship. Definitely worth the flip at the moment, so I still check at 7:30 EST every day.

I am sure the forum members who still haven't been able to buy even one truly appreciate your flipping updates and the hundreds of them you have been able to accumulate the past month.🙄

Why do you feel the need to tell us how much you are making on these and why do you feel the need to tell us how many you have? 🤐

It's getting old dude💩

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:
    My coins arrived today. Unlike many of you, I only purchased three divided into two orders. I opened one to keep and will keep the pack of two sealed to sell or grade someday.

I have to say that I'm very impressed by how well packaged these were with the Styrofoam pieces. If only they had done this years ago. But, it's progress!!

Beautiful coins.

How, with such a high mintage, they'll ever keep any real premium I don't know but with only 3 not much to go wrong.

Mine have not been so well packed in all cases. Some yes. Some no. Same with the taping of the box. Some of them were taped so loosely that I'm not sure how they stayed sealed during transit.

I don't think they will keep much of a premium in the long run. But right now they are hanging in their. I through a few "extras" on eBay at $115 with free shipping and sold them out in 2 hours (17 coins). THANKS TO MANAGED PAYMENTS AND THE BULLION RATE...oh, sorry, wrong thread.

They are selling at around $130 on eBay, I know, but I wanted to blow some out quickly just in case my other 500 ever ship. Definitely worth the flip at the moment, so I still check at 7:30 EST every day.

I am sure the forum members who still haven't been able to buy even one truly appreciate your flipping updates and the hundreds of them you have been able to accumulate the past month.🙄

Why do you feel the need to tell us how much you are making on these and why do you feel the need to tell us how many you have? 🤐

It's getting old dude💩

@jmlanzaf beat me to it but I was going to point out that he has already very generously offered to sell a coin at issue price to anyone who got shut out.

Also, I have appreciated the updates because they alerted me to the routine for buying in the days and weeks after issue date. I was able to put in two orders for one each that way.

I understand (and even shared) your frustration but I think it is slightly misplaced in this case.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file