Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, I mean, I didn't get the ones I ordered, but it's not because anyone is buying hundreds of them, it's because the mint is [—REDACTED—]

I personally appreciate the various experiences, perspectives and methods shared by the full spectrum of collectors, dealers, speculators, etc, etc [not bots or trolls tho 👹] here on the forums - it's a great way to learn and grow in one's individual practice, whatever that is

I dont know how you can complain [do whatever makes you happy I guess] about a forum member who has hundreds of an issue and is willing to sell them at cost + sh to any forum member who's interested 🤷‍♂️🙃

not getting old to me, please keep us updated with the great type-1 proof debacle 😂

📦
      📦📦
    📦📦📦

📦📦📦📦
    📦📦📦📦📦

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

All good! The ignore feature works perfectly!😂🤣

@JBK said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:
    My coins arrived today. Unlike many of you, I only purchased three divided into two orders. I opened one to keep and will keep the pack of two sealed to sell or grade someday.

I have to say that I'm very impressed by how well packaged these were with the Styrofoam pieces. If only they had done this years ago. But, it's progress!!

Beautiful coins.

How, with such a high mintage, they'll ever keep any real premium I don't know but with only 3 not much to go wrong.

Mine have not been so well packed in all cases. Some yes. Some no. Same with the taping of the box. Some of them were taped so loosely that I'm not sure how they stayed sealed during transit.

I don't think they will keep much of a premium in the long run. But right now they are hanging in their. I through a few "extras" on eBay at $115 with free shipping and sold them out in 2 hours (17 coins). THANKS TO MANAGED PAYMENTS AND THE BULLION RATE...oh, sorry, wrong thread.

They are selling at around $130 on eBay, I know, but I wanted to blow some out quickly just in case my other 500 ever ship. Definitely worth the flip at the moment, so I still check at 7:30 EST every day.

I am sure the forum members who still haven't been able to buy even one truly appreciate your flipping updates and the hundreds of them you have been able to accumulate the past month.🙄

Why do you feel the need to tell us how much you are making on these and why do you feel the need to tell us how many you have? 🤐

It's getting old dude💩

@jmlanzaf beat me to it but I was going to point out that he has already very generously offered to sell a coin at issue price to anyone who got shut out.

Also, I have appreciated the updates because they alerted me to the routine for buying in the days and weeks after issue date. I was able to put in two orders for one each that way.

I understand (and even shared) your frustration but I think it is slightly misplaced in this case.

To be clear, I have no problem with him accumulating over 500 of these and selling them to make a profit. That is everyone's right to do so and I do it as well on certain items but I never post constant updates on how many I have or what I sell them for because I know it will upset the members who can't even buy or find one of those items.

My problem is that he keeps posting about his selling efforts in a forum that is supposed to be about BUYING.

I find it annoying and weeks ago I asked him to stop it and create his own thread to discuss his selling efforts. We all know how that went.🤣😂

So he and his defenders have left me no choice but to activate the ignore feature on him.😉

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing this morning

Many happy BST transactions

Hey everyone! I can see jmlanzaf posted something but I can't read it because I am ignoring him. Did he apologize to me?

Because if he did then I will deactivate the ignore feature and accept his apology!😂🤣

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think the rain will hurt the rhubarb?

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Que jaws noise...ban hammer coming for Freddie if this nonsense continues

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any available this morning? I missed checking...

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

@privatecoin said:

None

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2021 8:02AM

@cheezhed said:

@privatecoin said:

None

Agreed.

I find it odd that they went to sold out on the Congratulations Set. Out of packaging?

Edited to add: It is currently at "currently unavailable". I SWEAR it said "sold out" yesterday so I stopped checking.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2021 7:59AM

@jmlanzaf said:

Agreed.

I find it odd that they went to sold out on the Congratulations Set. Out of packaging?

???

Right now I see "currently unavailable", not "sold out".

Note - I am not saying that you didn't see "sold out" earlier. Just that I don't see "sold out" now.

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Hey everyone! I can see jmlanzaf posted something but I can't read it because I am ignoring him. Did he apologize to me?

Because if he did then I will deactivate the ignore feature and accept his apology!😂🤣

You're not using it properly. It's not supposed to be a tease.

Freddie, I'm very sorr> @MetroD said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Agreed.

???

Right now I see "currently unavailable", not "sold out".

Note - I am not saying that you didn't see "sold out" earlier. Just that I don't see "sold out" now.

That's weird. Yesterday when I went there, it said "sold out".

By the way, when I listed the Eagles on eBay, THEY suggested the bullion category. So I did list them in that category.

I bring it up because the eBay fee was only 6.3% + $0.30 It's 6.3% because of Top-Rated plus discount. If you don't have that, it would be 7%.

I bring this up because all the Negative Nabobs who are always jumping on eBay for being "FeeBay" as one Forumite calls them. Before the managed payments shift and the introduction of the bullion rate, I would have paid 8.45% + $0.30. That is a SIGNIFICANT decrease in cost - about 25% cheaper.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's like a restaurant that sells prime rib. Sold out yesterday but not today. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

@JBK said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

If you're going to put someone on ignore you can't ask what their posts are about. ;)

And no, he didn't apologize. He offered a free SE to anyone who responded, but the offer expired so don't bother unignoring him. :*

Sorry! I have never ignored anyone before so I didn't know the proper protocol!🤣😂

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    Yep. > @JBK said:

@jessewvu said:
    I have 100 in for FDOI, I’ll send 100 in for First Strike, I’ll keep 100 FS for multi-holder when the type 2 comes out, and sell the rest raw. I figured I can move more selling 3 “different” variants.

This is a hobby for me, so as long as I break even I’ll be happy.

$22,000 before grading fees on a hobby? :o

I thought I had expensive hobbies. :D

Call me weird.

You are weird B)

@JBK said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

If you're going to put someone on ignore you can't ask what their posts are about. ;)

And no, he didn't apologize. He offered a free SE to anyone who responded, but the offer expired so don't bother unignoring him. :*

Actually, if you just quote me, he can read it and still feel virtuous since his "ignore" is intact.

I would apologize, but I'm not sure what I'd be apologizing for.

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Sorry! I have never ignored anyone before so I didn't know the proper protocol!🤣😂

Next time, wait until he apologizes, then ignore him, so you can see.

edited March 7, 2021 11:06AM

@Samuel8 said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Next time, wait until he apologizes, then ignore him, so you can see.

Pretty sure the smart move was to ignore first!🤣😂

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently both proof ASE & Congrats set are unavailable with REMIND ME buttons. I thought once the SOLD OUT sign goes up that's it, it's over! The Mint must really be having a tough time lately. Sold out, no wait remind me, no wait, presale, no wait emergency minting in process, no wait type 2 on deck...

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Currently both proof ASE & Congrats set are unavailable with REMIND ME buttons. I thought once the SOLD OUT sign goes up that's it, it's over! The Mint must really be having a tough time lately. Sold out, no wait remind me, no wait, presale, no wait emergency minting in process, no wait type 2 on deck...

I don't believe the Sold Out sign ever went up.

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered 1 and it shipped Feb. 28th, I paid extra for next day delivery. Well it showed up Mar 6th and it has a "PRIORITY MAIL 3-DAY" label on it.
    I called the 800-USA-Mint phone number and they even answered the , MUCH to my surprise.
    The gal I spoke to said I will be getting a refund for the shipping charge.
    I won't hold my breath but I do feel better.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:
    I ordered 1 and it shipped Feb. 28th, I paid extra for next day delivery. Well it showed up Mar 6th and it has a "PRIORITY MAIL 3-DAY" label on it.
    I called the 800-USA-Mint phone number and they even answered the , MUCH to my surprise.

next day is UPS, priority is USPS.

tracking should provide the proof.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@Twobitcollector said:

next day is UPS, priority is USPS.

tracking should provide the proof.

I have it in hand now with the USPS label on it...no doubt it was sent USPS....Funny I haven't opened it yet, I still have more on the way some day I may even get those.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

@Goldbully said:

@Onastone said:

I don't believe the Sold Out sign ever went up.

I'm swear I saw it during my morning "shopping", that's why I stopped monitoring it...unless I was still sleeping.

@MsMorrisine said:
    the "repeated posts about selling" do belong and are not unreasonably frequent

That is your opinion and thank you for sharing it. Like you, I have a right to express my opinion as well.😎

@jessewvu said:
    How about everyone just chill. These are first world problems. Take a deep breath, put it in a bubble and blow it away. 🌬

In other news, I looked at a 2021-W ASE and it’s spectacular!

👼Whatever do you mean?😂🤣

Seriously though, I do love the look of a brand new proof ASE from the Mint. The mirror like finish is impressive!😎

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    the "repeated posts about selling" do belong and are not unreasonably frequent

That is your opinion and thank you for sharing it. Like you, I have a right to express my opinion as well.😎

And, like you, I had a right to ignore your opinion.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:
    My coins arrived today. Unlike many of you, I only purchased three divided into two orders. I opened one to keep and will keep the pack of two sealed to sell or grade someday.

I have to say that I'm very impressed by how well packaged these were with the Styrofoam pieces. If only they had done this years ago. But, it's progress!!

Beautiful coins.

How, with such a high mintage, they'll ever keep any real premium I don't know but with only 3 not much to go wrong.

Mine have not been so well packed in all cases. Some yes. Some no. Same with the taping of the box. Some of them were taped so loosely that I'm not sure how they stayed sealed during transit.

I don't think they will keep much of a premium in the long run. But right now they are hanging in their. I through a few "extras" on eBay at $115 with free shipping and sold them out in 2 hours (17 coins). THANKS TO MANAGED PAYMENTS AND THE BULLION RATE...oh, sorry, wrong thread.

They are selling at around $130 on eBay, I know, but I wanted to blow some out quickly just in case my other 500 ever ship. Definitely worth the flip at the moment, so I still check at 7:30 EST every day.

I am sure the forum members who still haven't been able to buy even one truly appreciate your flipping updates and the hundreds of them you have been able to accumulate the past month.🙄

Why do you feel the need to tell us how much you are making on these and why do you feel the need to tell us how many you have? 🤐

It's getting old dude💩

@jmlanzaf beat me to it but I was going to point out that he has already very generously offered to sell a coin at issue price to anyone who got shut out.

Also, I have appreciated the updates because they alerted me to the routine for buying in the days and weeks after issue date. I was able to put in two orders for one each that way.

I understand (and even shared) your frustration but I think it is slightly misplaced in this case.

Point 1 is especially awesome of u!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

No flip today from what I saw

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing seen

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nuttin' Honey.

Nothing

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Omg! The nothin’, nothing, Nuttin’ Honey, Nadda team is back! Different coin, same team....

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

It is the coffee club. Just wait till the two coin comes out and the worthless seagulls show up, then the coffee club goes into full court press

@Goldbully said:

Well, this explains a lot.

The decision by United States Mint officials to permit bulk buyers to purchase and pick up Proof 2021-W American Eagle silver dollars, a coin many collectors were unable to obtain even a single example of, three days before the coin officially went on sale, only reinforces the belief that the Mint purposely caters to dealers to the detriment of collectors.

As Paul Gilkes reports, an unidentified number of Authorized Bulk Purchase Program dealers were able to buy thousands of Proof 2021-W American Eagle silver dollars early and take physical possession of them on Feb. 8, three days before the coins were offered to collectors and other dealers on Feb. 11. Some dealers have already placed their orders for the first Proof 2021-W American Eagle gold coins, which do not go on sale to the public until March 11.

The Feb. 11 offering proved frustrating for many Mint customers, with the “currently unavailable” status reached within minutes. Household limits of 99 were in place Feb. 11, a high number but still well below the number of coins the ABPP dealers were permitted to order on Feb. 8.

Collectors have long believed that, for certain high-interest products, big dealers have special access when it comes to buying. While we had seen no serious proof of that in the past beyond normal bulk purchase offerings, the Feb. 8 offering is clear evidence that the rules are different for different classes of customers of the U.S. Mint. Spend big bucks and you get special deals — early access and relaxed order limits — unavailable to an average collector who would happy to purchase just one coin or set at issue price.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/monday-morning-brief-for-march-8-2021-early-bulk-sales

This came out earlier. They sold 28,000 this way.

@Halfpence said:
    Opening to dealers first, regardless of how many, bothers me greatly.

They are not open to "dealers", they are open to bulk purchasers who spend millions per year. Frankly, every business in America except the U.S. Mint in the past caters to such customers.

It's also somewhat irrelevant to the street level consumer because it didn't change the availability of the coins at all. Bulk purchasers had to have their orders in by October. It came to 27,400 which they then just added to the product limit which is why we have that odd 327,400 product limit. If you took away the bulk purchasers, you would have been competing for the same 300,000 coins.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Halfpence said:

They are not open to "dealers", they are open to bulk purchasers who spend millions per year. Frankly, every business in America except the U.S. Mint in the past caters to such customers.

It's also somewhat irrelevant to the street level consumer because it didn't change the availability of the coins at all. Bulk purchasers had to have their orders in by October. It came to 27,400 which they then just added to the product limit which is why we have that odd 327,400 product limit. If you took away the bulk purchasers, you would have been competing for the same 300,000 coins.

Like I said, it bothers me greatly.

@JBK said:
    And yet many collectors who had subscriptions got shut out. :/

Except that was not due to the dealers who ordered in October. That was due to Mint incompetence at the time of actual release. Don't ask me why they didn't remove the subscribers before sale.

@Halfpence said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Halfpence said:

I assume the subscribers bother you also. After all, I could subscribe for 1000 coins and then I'd be getting them early also.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I assume the subscribers bother you also. After all, I could subscribe for 1000 coins and then I'd be getting them early also.

No, you cannot subscribe for 1,000 coins. One hundred is the limit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file