Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@Bullsitter said:
    3 orders SHIPPED before it kicks in.

My 3rd order shipped yesterday. This morning my 4th order got charged $4.95.

This morning (Monday), I received the mint "Welcome to our Loyalty Program" email.
    So, there is a delay, the order shipped on Saturday was not counted when I placed the 4th order on Sunday.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the loyalty email today as well.

Many happy BST transactions
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got 4 shipments scheduled for delivery tomorrow and I've only been charged for one of them.

• Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    I've got 4 shipments scheduled for delivery tomorrow and I've only been charged for one of them.

Good luck to you! I’ve had that happen to my orders sometimes where they ship them and don’t charge for them. Then they put your mint account on hold until you pay for them. It’s not fun sorting that situation out as Customer Service never understands what’s going on.

@Dirt94 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Good luck to you! I’ve had that happen to my orders sometimes where they ship them and don’t charge for them. Then they put your mint account on hold until you pay for them. It’s not fun sorting that situation out as Customer Service never understands what’s going on.

They've actually "shipped" 7 of them, although the other 3 haven't left Memphis yet. The first 4 are within 60 miles of me.

• PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Am I alone in the Pre shipment camp? Seen this since the 24th

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

My original from day two and the extra one from day 6 just shipped.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

All of my orders have been shipped and picked up by the carrier. My subscription order is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. That means next week some time (if I'm lucky).

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 417 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:
    Sales number as of 2-21-21

21EA 297,243 (30,197 left)

The numbers also show a 40 coin number:

21EA040 678 (27,120 coins)

You may have to add those together

so maybe just about 3000 left?

Maybe. Of course, if you add the Congratulations sets in there, we're already 30,000 over! LOL

Let the cancellations begin...

There is a difference between product limit and mintage limit. There is no announced mintage limit on these. The product limit (think packaging) 327,440 applies to the single item 21EA. The congratulations set has no limit published (likely 50,000) and the bulk 21 EA040 also has no published limit. Although unlikely because the USM is so far behind on bullion production, they could release a "last of the heraldic eagle set' tomorrow with more. All of these products together total the mintage which as stated at this point has no published limit.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Samuel8 said:
    My 3rd order shipped yesterday. This morning my 4th order got charged $4.95.

So, you are entitled to free budget shipping, but did not get it.

Have you contacted the Mint?

Edited to Add:
    FWIW, you are not alone. @Onastone appears to be having the same issue.

As @djm and @JBK stated above, you need to sign in for this for the discount to turn on... this is what the mint replied to me:

Thank you for contacting the United States Mint.

We regret the confusion concerning the United States Mint Loyalty Program. Currently, you do not qualify because one of the qualification is that you must be subscribed to the Product & Promotion Updates email. Please login to your online user account to update by clicking on "Customer Service," then "My Account," and next "Communication Preferences." For more information, please click on the program link provided.

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Received my subscription today

@smuglr said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:
    Sales number as of 2-21-21

21EA 297,243 (30,197 left)

The numbers also show a 40 coin number:

21EA040 678 (27,120 coins)

You may have to add those together

so maybe just about 3000 left?

Maybe. Of course, if you add the Congratulations sets in there, we're already 30,000 over! LOL

Let the cancellations begin...

There is a difference between product limit and mintage limit. There is no announced mintage limit on these. The product limit (think packaging) 327,440 applies to the single item 21EA. The congratulations set has no limit published (likely 50,000) and the bulk 21 EA040 also has no published limit. Although unlikely because the USM is so far behind on bullion production, they could release a "last of the heraldic eagle set' tomorrow with more. All of these products together total the mintage which as stated at this point has no published limit.

I'm well aware of that which is why the cancellations might begin...

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2021 1:18PM
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

my guess is they aren't taking new enrollments for this year??

They stopped taking them for a while.

edited March 1, 2021 5:50PM

The difference is one is MN and one is MM...

That's the San Francisco Mint.....Isn't the type 2 reverse the 'W' Mint mark?

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    As @djm and @JBK stated above, you need to sign in for this for the discount to turn on... this is what the mint replied to me:

Thank you for contacting the United States Mint.

We regret the confusion concerning the United States Mint Loyalty Program. Currently, you do not qualify because one of the qualification is that you must be subscribed to the Product & Promotion Updates email. Please login to your online user account to update by clicking on "Customer Service," then "My Account," and next "Communication Preferences." For more information, please click on the program link provided.

You, sir, are absolutely correct.

@JBK explicitly enumerated the "Loyalty Program" requirements near the bottom of the previous page (i.e, you have to be a registered user and be subscribed to the "Product and Promotion Updates" e-mail).
    Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/loyalty-program.html

Hopefully your YTD purchases will 'count' if you subscribe to the requisite updates. :)

how do you check to see if you are enrolled?

@jessewvu said:
    how do you check to see if you are enrolled?

Left Click "My Product Enrollments" (under "Account Settings")

@Goldbully said:
    That's the San Francisco Mint.....Isn't the type 2 reverse the 'W' Mint mark?

21EA; Proof ASE-W; Released: 2/11/21; T1; Known

Based on the release timing of "Summer 2021", I ASSume the following:
    21EAN; Proof ASE-W; T2; Next "MN" Enrollment Release (Sold Out)
    21EMN; Proof ASE-S; T2; Next "MM" Enrollment Release (Currently Available)

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Man, another 2 1/2 seconds of availability......may as well fuggedaboudit!

I'll come up with something.

I put one in bag then unavailable

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    Unbelievable! 327K and it's unavailable in less than a half hour. The dealers are having a field day. They probably had several goons buying 99 at a time.

No, their employee

Will the San Francisco Mint ASE also have the type 2 reverse?

@Goldbully said:

I ASSume that you are asking about 21EMN, with an available date of "Summer 2021".
    Item Link
    Enrollment Link

I believe that this coin will be the 'new/T2' reverse, because of:
    1) the release timing. It has a "Summer 2021" release date, just like the 'new/T2' version of the Proof ASE from West Point (i.e., 21EAN).
    2) the Mint item number. The Proof ASE from San Francisco is normally designated as (release year + "EM"). For example, the 2020 version was coded 20EM. This release, however, is identified as 21EMN. Note the extra "N", just like the extra "N" on 20EAN (i.e., the 'new/T2' version of the Proof ASE from West Point).

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

According to the mint site the 2020 S was the last of old design (T-1).
    The 2021 is only being being released as new design (T-2).
    Then again we are talking about the mint here so who really knows.
    But as @MetroD stated above the schedule appears that it will be the new design just based on timing of release.

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Danno44 said:

@Goldbully said:

According to the mint site the 2020 S was the last of old design (T-1).
    The 2021 is only being being released as new design (T-2).
    Then again we are talking about the mint here so who really knows.
    But as @MetroD stated above the schedule appears that it will be the new design just based on timing of release.

From which year the mint began to sell ASE S?

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

My single 2021 W, 21EA, showed up today from the Mint. Perfect.

• MKUltra24MKUltra24 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@MKUltra24 said:

@JBK said:

@MKUltra24 said:
    Question: Why do people mention the premium on this proof coin when the End of WW2 Proof ASE V75 was $83 and this one is $10 cheaper?

Is there something different about them (aside from design)?

They're both 1 oz of silver and proofs. o_O

V75 had a much lower mintage (special privy mark). It was certain to go up in value far above issue price.

And the premiums on normal proof SEs are absurd. :)

Ah ok thanks! That makes sense.

I'm glad I was able to get one even though it had a stupid hairline scratch on it even though I never even opened the capsule let alone touched it so IDK how it could have that tiny micro-scratch on it :(

If it were mine I would not open the capsule to check, but if you really scrutinize it up close you might find that the scratch is actually on the capsule.

One sign is if in certain light it appears doubled - that would be the scratch on the capsule and the reflection on the coin.

Just used a loupe to check while tilting it and it’s definitely on the coin :(.

I just don’t know how it happened. I wish I did.

I mean what could scratch a coin straight from the Mint in a capsule that has never been opened?

• PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I AM SO HAPPY, BOTH MY CONGRATULATIONS AND ASE OR FINALLY PICKED UP AND WILL BE HERE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. NOW, I HAVE TO WAIT 2 MONTHS TO GET IT GRADED. NGC IS TAKING FOREVER GRADING MY COINS I SENT FOR JANUARY

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MKUltra24 said:

@JBK said:

@MKUltra24 said:

@JBK said:

@MKUltra24 said:
    Question: Why do people mention the premium on this proof coin when the End of WW2 Proof ASE V75 was $83 and this one is $10 cheaper?

Is there something different about them (aside from design)?

They're both 1 oz of silver and proofs. o_O

V75 had a much lower mintage (special privy mark). It was certain to go up in value far above issue price.

I'm glad I was able to get one even though it had a stupid hairline scratch on it even though I never even opened the capsule let alone touched it so IDK how it could have that tiny micro-scratch on it :(

If it were mine I would not open the capsule to check, but if you really scrutinize it up close you might find that the scratch is actually on the capsule.

One sign is if in certain light it appears doubled - that would be the scratch on the capsule and the reflection on the coin.

I mean what could scratch a coin straight from the Mint in a capsule that has never been opened?

Can you post a photo of it?

@MKUltra24 said:

@JBK said:

@MKUltra24 said:

@JBK said:

@MKUltra24 said:

special privy mark). It was certain to go up in value far above issue price.

The coin has to get INTO the capsule. It can easily get a little mark while being handled. You could even have a metal shaving land on the coin and get blown off. It doesn't take much to mess up a proof surface.

It is also worth pointing out that if you have a small piece of lint or something in the press when you strike the coin, you will also get a tiny mark from the strike through.

Available for a few seconds

Not too happy with the fields on this one...several little flecks visible.

Capsule top was removed for the image.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would open the capsule to check for a scratch.

those capsules can be really deceptive.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this the official lingo,
    Type 1,
    Type 2

???

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

No thank you.

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    Type 1,
    Type 2

???

this is what is appearing seemingly everywhere now.

the Mint calls the reverse of the original design "Heraldic Eagle"

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited March 3, 2021 6:27PM

@ECHOES said:
    Type 1,
    Type 2

???

Yes.

Type 1 reverse.

edited March 4, 2021 5:31AM

Store is open at 7:30am EST