Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Called the Mint, after holding for 18 minutes got a rep.

She said none have shipped and no info on when they would ship. She was rather rude about it.

The mint is shipping orders out of sequence to when they were placed. I have an order of 10 placed a few days later than my first order. That order had expedited shipping UPS 2 day. My smaller earlier order was regular shipping.
    She is obviously wrong. If you had regular shipping it’ll be a while. Expedited shipping should get you shipping notice soon. FYI

I'm not convinced it isn't just random.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MKUltra24 said:

@JBK said:

@MKUltra24 said:
    Question: Why do people mention the premium on this proof coin when the End of WW2 Proof ASE V75 was $83 and this one is $10 cheaper?

Is there something different about them (aside from design)?

They're both 1 oz of silver and proofs. o_O

V75 had a much lower mintage (special privy mark). It was certain to go up in value far above issue price.

And the premiums on normal proof SEs are absurd. :)

Ah ok thanks! That makes sense.

I'm glad I was able to get one even though it had a stupid hairline scratch on it even though I never even opened the capsule let alone touched it so IDK how it could have that tiny micro-scratch on it :(

If it were mine I would not open the capsule to check, but if you really scrutinize it up close you might find that the scratch is actually on the capsule.

One sign is if in certain light it appears doubled - that would be the scratch on the capsule and the reflection on the coin.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are the same complaints that we have been having on his forum for many years around the Mints performance. You only have to go to their website and try to find out the status of your order, which seems like will be a simple process, to realize the depth of their poor customer service.
    I don’t know if any major dealer I purchase from it doesn’t offer me excellent communication, excellent website access with plenty of information available to me that doesn’t require me to call.
    They have the potential to do so much better; yet, they don’t have to because they are the number one game.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

Big shipping delays, chaos when trying to order, immediate sellouts, website can't handle the traffic, rude customer service personnel......I have definitely decided that when the Type II ASE is released, rather than succumb to the bedlam, I will just casually, cooly, and calmly place my order with a dealer and be done with it. Who really needs this crap?

Kind of a funny story. I got an email on Saturday that they were going to cancel my order if I didn't contact them in 48 hours. This happens every now and then and every time they tell me there is no cancellation. But I digress...

So, I call on Sunday morning and the CS rep is constantly yawning as I'm talking to her. I mean, yawning every 30 seconds. In between yawns, she is talking to me in the most bored, uninterested tone of voice I've ever heard.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    she is talking to me in the most bored, uninterested tone of voice I've ever heard.

Were you using a monotone voice with her??

I recently returned a gold product to the Mint and between the shipping time taking over a month and then they finally receiving it but would not acknowledge they have it I’ve finally found someone that would acknowledge they have it. So I thought it was done. I called back three weeks later, as nothing it happened, and they said oh yeah you were supposed to call back (and told me the first person could have don’t that for me) and TELL us to start the refund!
    Next time, I will probably just give it away in a raffle. Less stress.

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:
    Sales number as of 2-21-21

21EA 297,243 (30,197 left)

The numbers also show a 40 coin number:

21EA040 678 (27,120 coins)

You may have to add those together

so maybe just about 3000 left?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh, no.

when that little slip with "( X ) - Refund Item" is sent, that is all it takes to get your money back.

from a recent return or two, it takes about 3-4 weeks before you get a "Return Has Been Processed" email.

the returns people are backed up, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

One would think yes, yeah I did that, and still they have the “special conditions” that remain to be met but aren’t spelled out.
    I could’ve waited another four weeks just to see if they would’ve taken action without me requiring another call.

any extra steps you are told to perform are called "lies"

the call center is in TX, the return is processed in TN. those TX people have no clue what TN is doing and will say whatever to get you to not complain.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:
    Sales number as of 2-21-21

21EA 297,243 (30,197 left)

The numbers also show a 40 coin number:

21EA040 678 (27,120 coins)

You may have to add those together

so maybe just about 3000 left?

Maybe. Of course, if you add the Congratulations sets in there, we're already 30,000 over! LOL

Let the cancellations begin...

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    I recently returned a gold product to the Mint and between the shipping time taking over a month and then they finally receiving it but would not acknowledge they have it I’ve finally found someone that would acknowledge they have it. So I thought it was done. I called back three weeks later, as nothing it happened, and they said oh yeah you were supposed to call back (and told me the first person could have don’t that for me) and TELL us to start the refund!
    Next time, I will probably just give it away in a raffle. Less stress.

Did you return your wwii 24kt gold coin?

• santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is finally crawling along in the mail.

not only did he return the V75, the mint keeps sending it back postage due with a note about them being unable to resell it.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    oh, no.

when that little slip with "( X ) - Refund Item" is sent, that is all it takes to get your money back.

from a recent return or two, it takes about 3-4 weeks before you get a "Return Has Been Processed" email.

the returns people are backed up, too.

Send them a case of Xlax that should solve the problem with them being backed up.

• coastaljerseyguycoastaljerseyguy Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the Mint email this morning that my subscription order of 1 has shipped. USPS only has it as in a pre-notification status awaiting receipt. Maybe will get it by Friday.

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭

An order from the 19th sent UPS 2nd day air shipped. Earlier order from the 13th “processing.”
    Upgraded shipping was a good choice for me.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ridiculous. Flashed red for less than ten seconds. Tis the end.....

Only 2 left in stock.

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    Only 2 left in stock.

Well...TODAY! lol

Just did not get an email from the Mint indicating that I, like many others, have patience and learned Mint humility on our side.

@MilesWaits said:
    Just did not get an email from the Mint indicating that I, like many others, have patience and learned Mint humility on our side.

Patience is indeed a virtue. They will ship it before the 2022 ASE is released. Just remember...….with patience and a bit (lot) of Vaseline, an elephant can make love with a mosquito.

And let me guess, we are the mosquitoes?

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    Just got an e-mail from the Mint letting me know that my ASE on subscription has shipped.

Me too...

@RichR said:
    I just got an email from the Mint saying that I smell and that my mother dresses me funny.

They also said that they're rolling a mail truck over my eagles!

Rightfully so!! And they said that after they destroy your coins, they would like you to call them and kiss their posterior cheeks.

• OrlenaOrlena Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

My 2 were shipped today. Better slow than never.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2021 3:01PM

[[Rightfully so!! And they said that after they destroy your coins, they would like you to call them and kiss their posterior cheeks.]]

Actually, my wife called and made that second suggestion, bless her little heart!

• PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Just signed up here so hello, as I see some of you are getting shipping info, I still see both my congrats and proof idle in the processing stage. I am happy to see you guys getting them, but I get more worried as I read them. Just frustrating

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    I just got an email from the Mint saying that I smell and that my mother dresses me funny.

Wow! They sent you an email?

• GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@Peyroguy Welcome!

@Onastone said:

@RichR said:

Wow! They sent you an email?

And you people say they don't care. That's service!

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:
    Just signed up here so hello, as I see some of you are getting shipping info, I still see both my congrats and proof idle in the processing stage. I am happy to see you guys getting them, but I get more worried as I read them. Just frustrating

Welcome! The congrats set is showing difficult to get.

Many happy BST transactions
  • ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:

welcome to the forums - in the same boat, checking status of order each day fearing to see CANCELLED, hoping to see SHIPPED

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peyroguy said:

Lately the mint is proving to be the worst tease ever. Keeping it's customers on edge in the most cruel way. But, we only have one mint so we must live with it. Welcome to the unfathomable process of the US Mint.

Join the fun we have trying to figure it all out.

Just got a shipping notification for my subscription (1). What a relief ... I was sure I was next in line for the cancellation email

• MetalMetal Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

Nothing?

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was available for a second then gone.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Got 9 with next day shipping... we’ll see when/if they actually ship.

@Weather11am said:

They will. My previous 3 orders with next day shipping have been dispatched. An earlier order with cheap shipping is still processing.

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

@Weather11am said:

They will. My previous 3 orders with next day shipping have been dispatched. An earlier order with cheap shipping is still processing.

Don’t jinx it!! 😉

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:

Today or previously?

Many happy BST transactions

@cheezhed said:

@Weather11am said:

Today or previously?

Today.

• Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:

@cheezhed said:

@Weather11am said:

Today or previously?

Today.

You were so fast!

@Samuel8 said:

@Weather11am said:

@cheezhed said:

@Weather11am said:

Today or previously?

Today.

You were so fast!

That's exactly what his significant other said!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file