Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has there been any Congratulation sets available at 7:30? All I see are the regular Proof issue.

Many happy BST transactions
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    Has there been any Congratulation sets available at 7:30? All I see are the regular Proof issue.

I've been looking and I haven't seen any.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too haven't seen any.

Many happy BST transactions
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@NotSure said:

Man, I hate to say this, but my original enrollment for 4 shipped Tues........

why hate saying it? isn't that good news? happy there's at least some trickling out

Just didn't want to bum out others, where I got that mystery order of 3 delivered (and sold already), where everybody's orders are delayed/not even shipped yet. Just don't know what to do with the order that's en route....but, those lucky few that have them in hand, with this delay, the price of poker will be going up......the 3 I listed, they had 200 views, 64 watchers in 22 hours. I expected a few Best Offers, but not a one. Then, at noon-thirty today, someone jumped on all 3, didn't haggle, just hit the BIN button.

I'll come up with something.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the delay email as well.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

Nada. I missed this on day one by just a minute....then "poof" they were gone.... still watching though...

@Raufus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldbully said:

\

The coins tend to sell out quickly. Mint customers who click the “Remind Me” button on the product page may receive an alert from the Mint when these additional quantities become available.

You would think Coin World would know that 95% of the time the coins become available at 7:30 a.m EST and that the Remind Me button reminds you at 9:00 EST when they are already gone.

The less that's published the better.

For us, sure. But they are misleading their subscribers.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

the mint has plenty of dates that have "noon" on the clock.

they need to save up these, send the "remind me"'s out, then release them en masse at noon one day.

looking for ways to improve. keeps the west cost people from waking up at 4:30. plus 7:30 has been an approximation before.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

second this ^^ [mint, if ur listening 🙃]

• GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭

Where the hell are the "Congratulations Sets"? There are none available anywhere. Had a preorder for one PCGS PF70 DCAM FDOI for $178 and got this E-mail today:

eBay
    New message from: reversecoins01 (9,445Green Star)
    Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience but the congratulations was never released so we do not have it and we don't know when it's going to become available.
    We can offer the 2021 w silver proof eagle which is basically the same coin but in a different case/label, and if in a near future the congratulations becomes available we can exchange no problem. Let me know if you would like that item instead or if you prefer a refund.

2021 W SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE $1 CONGRATULATIONS PCGS PR70DCAM FIRST DAY OF ISSUE

Already ordered a W from this guy but at that price I may take the second W.

• MKUltra24MKUltra24 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭

Question: Why do people mention the premium on this proof coin when the End of WW2 Proof ASE V75 was $83 and this one is $10 cheaper?

Is there something different about them (aside from design)?

They're both 1 oz of silver and proofs. o_O

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up another 10.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2021 5:52AM

Picked up one more. Had to fumble around for a time to locate my cc. They lasted at least five minutes.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even though I pre-ordered a 70 couple weeks ago, could not be left out of the fun and bought one this morning at 7:30. No issues at all, this was no privy mark or ERP hunt.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

edited February 20, 2021 5:41AM

@MKUltra24 said:
    Question: Why do people mention the premium on this proof coin when the End of WW2 Proof ASE V75 was $83 and this one is $10 cheaper?

Is there something different about them (aside from design)?

They're both 1 oz of silver and proofs. o_O

V75 had a much lower mintage (special privy mark). It was certain to go up in value far above issue price.

And the premiums on normal proof SEs are absurd. :)

@Mgarmy said:
    Even though I pre-ordered a 70 couple weeks ago, could not be left out of the fun and bought one this morning at 7:30. No issues at all, this was no privy mark or ERP hunt.

Yeah, for some reason there were suddenly hundreds (thousands?) available again. I wonder if people started canceling orders due to the shipping delays.

Damn JM, mint is going to make your delivery in an armored truck

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

I do not know if it mattered but I linked my PayPal to pay.gov and it flew through. Will test that hypothesis on the two coin set later this year😁

edited February 20, 2021 5:57AM

Watch all the players cancel due to shipping delays out of fear of getting stuck on the downward slide in values, and the mintage ending up being much lower than expected. (Or are least the mintage would be spread out more widely among individual collectors).

Probably won't happen, but as a late buyer scrambling at 7:30 AM I'd have the last laugh. :p

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remind Me

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@Mgarmy said:
    Damn JM, mint is going to make your delivery in an armored truck

That would be nice. If they send it UPS, they'll probably just throw it on the front steps. LOL.

My bigger problem is my credit cards. LOL. I kind of lost track of how many I charged to each card and what the total was relative to my credit limit. Hopefully they don't ship them all on the same day and flood my credit cards.

Does the mint take Sundays and holidays off or is the 7:30 AM routine 7 days a week?

I think the ordering was open today longer than on issue day. :o

• BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2021 7:18AM

@JBK said:
    Does the mint take Sundays and holidays off or is the 7:30 AM routine 7 days a week?

I think the ordering was open today longer than on issue day. :o

The update is automated and appears to happen 7 days per week.

Yes, there have been at least 2 mornings when they ordering was open longer than the 8 minutes (?) on the day of release.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2021 7:55AM

[I do not know if it mattered but I linked my PayPal to pay.gov and it flew through. Will test that hypothesis on the two coin set later this year]

Generally speaking, Paypal is not available on Day 1 of a hot issue...the option doesn't come up.

At least it didn't on the first day of this issue.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually got the remind me notice this time.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

@Raufus said:

At 7:30?

• SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

this was the first morning i've got a notice too.

edited February 20, 2021 8:34AM

@Goldbully said:

The Congratulations set, offered for $75, was listed with sales of 35,615 sets.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/us-mint-updates-proof-2021-w-american-eagle-sales-figures

None being offered PRESALE on Ebay anymore :o

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, this is naive but haven't seen it answered....Don't shoot me for asking.....LOL

Who is buying these on the secondary from all you fine folks flipping? I am a simple collector who occasionally gets a silver eagle or so..

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

@GiveMeProof said:
    Where the hell are the "Congratulations Sets"? There are none available anywhere. Had a preorder for one PCGS PF70 DCAM FDOI for $178 and got this E-mail today:

eBay
    Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience but the congratulations was never released so we do not have it and we don't know when it's going to become available.
    We can offer the 2021 w silver proof eagle which is basically the same coin but in a different case/label, and if in a near future the congratulations becomes available we can exchange no problem. Let me know if you would like that item instead or if you prefer a refund.

2021 W SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE $1 CONGRATULATIONS PCGS PR70DCAM FIRST DAY OF ISSUE

I will be very disappointed if I get a dear John letter also.
    @reversecoins01 is a guy I have only had positive transactions with.

@7Jaguars said:
    Ok, this is naive but haven't seen it answered....Don't shoot me for asking.....LOL

Who is buying these on the secondary from all you fine folks flipping? I am a simple collector who occasionally gets a silver eagle or so..

Number of different people:

1. People like you. You can sell them directly to consumers.
    2. Major retailers (Pinehurst, Apmex, etc.) when they need supply. [I haven't inquired about this specific issue.]
    3. Wholesalers who supply retailers.
    4. Local coin dealers. They also occasionally need supply.
    edited February 20, 2021 9:10AM

@BearlyHere said:

@Goldbully said:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/us-mint-updates-proof-2021-w-american-eagle-sales-figures

Well, it technically isn't presale anymore. They've been sold.

@BearlyHere said:

@GiveMeProof said:

eBay

Crap! Just got the dear John letter. Will exchange for this: 2021 W SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE $1 TYPE 1 PCGS PR70DCAM FIRST DAY OF ISSUE FLAG

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@BearlyHere said:

@Goldbully said:

That's not what Presale means on Ebay. On Ebay you have to list an item as Presale if you do not have it in hand but will have it within 30 days to ship.

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@BearlyHere said:

@Goldbully said:

That's not what Presale means on Ebay. On Ebay you have to list an item as Presale if you do not have it in hand but will have it within 30 days to ship.

It was a joke.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

not buying either

Kennedys are my quest...

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Late to the show here.

I've had a subscription to buy x number of the ASE proofs for the grandkids for many years. I got this yesterday from the Mint:

"One or more items in your order USSXXXX has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468. Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may call 1-888-321-MINT (6468). "

This may have been covered here, but why wouldn't standing subscription customers get theirs before others are issued?

This just seems craven to me. I've been SO disgusted by and disappointed in the Mint in recent years.

edited February 20, 2021 8:48PM

It sounds like the mint completely screwed up the subscriptions on these. Absolutely rediculous.

Maybe if enough people complain - quickly and loudly - something could be done. It is absurd that coins are still being sold every morning while subscriptions are being cancelled.

Also, the product limit was stated but not the mintage, so maybe they can crank out a few more to fill the subscriptions.

• GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭

@BearlyHere said:

@BearlyHere said:

@GiveMeProof said:

eBay

Crap! Just got the dear John letter. Will exchange for this: 2021 W SILVER AMERICAN EAGLE $1 TYPE 1 PCGS PR70DCAM FIRST DAY OF ISSUE FLAG

Was that for the "Congrats"? Seems like nobody is selling them, maybe waiting till they actually get graded.

@GiveMeProof said:

@BearlyHere said:

@BearlyHere said:

@GiveMeProof said:

eBay

Was that for the "Congrats"? Seems like nobody is selling them, maybe waiting till they actually get graded.

Yes. Seller is subbing 2021 PR70 FDOI

• batumibatumi Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭

I will once again opt out of the mania, and wait on the secondary market on these. Lower prices than the Mint on most of these issues a high percentage of the time. These modern issues can always be had for a price-usually a lot less without the games. I have a complete gold modern commem set in 70 that I have saved a lot on with a little patience. While some issues have proved to be scarce, they are not rare and can always be located somewhere for a price.

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up 11 more.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    Picked up 11 more.

Wow you're quick! I put one in my bag and it dried up at the very end. Poof. So, just left it in my bag for tomorrow... I really wanted the Congrats set, don't know why, it's the same coin, probably cuz it's just so hard to get.

• PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

New to this thread, was not aware proof ASE was hot. Question is, why? Won't dealers be offering spot for these in a month? Is it just because its the last year of design?

Yep. Sort of like the 1921 Morgan...

• coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

I would assume the Congrats set is due to packaging availability, betting it will become available again soon

@Pedzola said:
    New to this thread, was not aware proof ASE was hot. Question is, why? Won't dealers be offering spot for these in a month? Is it just because its the last year of design?

There are no proof silver eagles that are just spot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file