Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Higashiyama said:
    @Kudbegud said: “My goal is to have the last old design and first new design as a complete set.”

That is a fun theme for collecting. I’ve always thought pairs like the 1916 Barber and Mercury dimes make an interesting set.

Just like the 13 Liberty Nickel and the 13 Buffalo Nickel. :D

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    bullion

in 2009 they did not issue a proof ASE just to make the bullion product.

Good point.

The authorizing legislation for the bullion versions states that they will mint "to meet demand", so if they get tied up with that then numismatic versions may be impacted.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

My wife had an emergent surgery for a life threatening condition totally out of the blue.

Get well wishes & hoping for a full recovery!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few were available, gone in 15 seconds.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    bullion

in 2009 they did not issue a proof ASE just to make the bullion product.

I forgot about that.

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think we will be in a 2009 situation.

I just think we are done with Type 1 proof coins. Will see only Type 2 proof coins this year in future releases.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they were going to skip an issue, the type 2 this year might be the best option. Nothing irritates like a hole in the middle of a date run set. How many would really be peeved (in the long run) if they waited and started type 2 in January?

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

We already have so many ASEs that I lost count. Different finishes, different mints, emergency production issues, etc. And it's all be doubled in 2021 for the Type I and then Type II issues, plus more (like the double set).

• Options

@TheRaven said:

I just think we are done with Type 1 proof coins. Will see only Type 2 proof coins this year in future releases.

Isn't there already a Type 1 reverse proof planned?

And there's no reason they couldn't do the LE silver set both ways to trick...er...facilitate collectors further.

• Options

There is a 2 coin reverse proof set to be offered this summer. It could be a type 1 and a type 2 coin set but I would say we just don't know.
    Being a 2 coin reverse proof set, I would think both coins could be reverse proof coins making it a different coin this the Type 1 W proof coin.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    A few were available, gone in 15 seconds.

I clicked place order which took me .5 seconds and they were unavailable.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

For the 2021 ASE (bullion), there is an Emergency Production of no more than 1 million in San Francisco, and another Emergency Production run of 495,000 in Philadelphia. Are these REALLY emergency productions, or is this simply a way for the mint and dealers to make more money?

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    For the 2021 ASE (bullion), there is an Emergency Production of no more than 1 million in San Francisco, and another Emergency Production run of 495,000 in Philadelphia. Are these REALLY emergency productions, or is this simply a way for the mint and dealers to make more money?

The Mint doesn't make any more money. The Mint charges the same price no matter where it's minted...

• Options

Marketing crap on these "emergency issue" coins.

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@JeffM said:

The Mint doesn't make any more money. The Mint charges the same price no matter where it's minted...

Creates more sales.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

@cagcrisp said:

@JeffM said:

Creates more sales.

The United States Mint is currently allocating Bullion Silver. They could probably sell 3x the Silver they are offering currently...

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

@TheRaven said:
    There is a 2 coin reverse proof set to be offered this summer. It could be a type 1 and a type 2 coin set but I would say we just don't know.
    Being a 2 coin reverse proof set, I would think both coins could be reverse proof coins making it a different coin this the Type 1 W proof coin.

I will buy this set. Not interested in this 2021 ASE proof. I collect the specials sets raw.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!!!

The United States Mint has benefitted from, apparently, the frenzy of retail traders buying heavily shorted stocks like GameStop and AMC Entertainment in recent weeks.

The spillover into buying silver, especially American Eagle silver bullion coins, pushed the Mint’s total January sales of the coins to 4,775,000 pieces, which is 929,000 coins more, or 24.1 percent higher, than January 2020 sales.

The Mint’s authorized purchasers placed orders for as many silver American Eagles as they were allocated, to meet the increased market demand.
    February sales begin

On Feb. 1 alone, authorized purchasers placed orders for 1,571,000 silver American Eagles. In total, for all of February 2020, sales reached 650,000 silver American Eagles.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/bullion-coin-orders-rise-at-us-mint-with-silver-market-activity

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

strike gold with silver

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2021 11:33PM

yes

• Options

lots of supply this morning

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up 5 more. Currently unavailable.

• Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    Picked up 5 more. Currently unavailable.

So did I. LOL. Although I'm not sure why 5 more, on top of the 275 the Mint still hasn't shipped, is of any use to me.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sales number as of 2-14-21

21EA 284,271 (43,169 left) +284,271

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Sales number as of 2-14-21

21EA 284,271 (43,169 left) +284,271

I saw those numbers too.

Coin World reported on 2-12 that "First-day sales totaled 284,272 coins".

Sumpin don't jive.... :#

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

It makes sense. They don't have any more right now. All of the ones that have become available since first day of sales are cancellations or credit card issues. The big question is will the other 40,000+ become available at some future date or is this it.

• Options

@OLC said:
    It makes sense. They don't have any more right now. All of the ones that have become available since first day of sales are cancellations or credit card issues. The big question is will the other 40,000+ become available at some future date or is this it.

Have they shipped any of the first 284,000?

If you include the Congratulations set (35,715), you have total sales of 320,000. They made a somewhat ambiguous statement about including those in the mintage limit.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point on distribution...Matters not if you don’t have them.
    First strike and early receiving or release on these may be considered anything within the year of 2021!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Good point on distribution...Matters not if you don’t have them.
    First strike and early receiving or release on these may be considered anything within the year of 2021!

Same thing happened with the Mayflower 2 coin set. Took weeks to ship. Allegedly that was because of verification of the numbered COAs.

Coin World is lobbying for minting more of these to distribute

• Options

@ndeagles said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Have they shipped any of the first 284,000?

Mine has shipped, I had the enrollment for a single coin, received the confirmation before the product was live on the mint site, got a shipped notification, and have tracking number.

Well that's good to know.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats set didn't become available this morning.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheRaven said:

I hope they continue doing type one and type two for all years in the future but I doubt that’s going to happen.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

I hope they continue doing type one and type two for all years in the future but I doubt that’s going to happen.

Just a thing this year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021 5:20PM

Yes up to 10 if possible. Super buy.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Nope. All hype. Bad investment with too many Type 1’s and eventually Type 2’s. I guess if I had a run on all Silver Eagles I would though.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

I couldn't believe it, had 10 in my bag and actually checked out. The 21EA was available for purchase for around 5 minutes or so. Think these will be available for a couple of weeks?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@morgansforever said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I couldn't believe it, had 10 in my bag and actually checked out. The 21EA was available for purchase for around 5 minutes or so. Think these will be available for a couple of weeks?

The usual 7:30am EST?

• Options

Is there a PCGS special label for this coin?

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give or take 145 that is.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Why would you be buying the dealer rejects? These were released to dealers on Monday Feb 8. NGC has already graded a bunch of them as Advance Releases. Check NGC 6092669-003 in grade 70.

• Options

@djm said:

@morgansforever said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Why would you be buying the dealer rejects? These were released to dealers on Monday Feb 8. NGC has already graded a bunch of them as Advance Releases. Check NGC 6092669-003 in grade 70.

Don't disseminate faulty information. These are not "dealer rejects". The only "dealer rejects" you can buy are actually from dealers.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@djm said:

@morgansforever said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Don't disseminate faulty information. These are not "dealer rejects". The only "dealer rejects" you can buy are actually from dealers.

Believe what you want. I won't be buying any.

• Options

I'd also like to see a source on this February 8th myth. The Mint doesn't release coins in advance of issue to dealers. Why do you think dealers are buying on the secondary market from people like me? If they could buy them 3 days early, they wouldn't need to employ others to collect coins for them.

• Options
    edited February 16, 2021 7:49PM

@djm said:

@morgansforever said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I didn't realize dealers were selling the collectors' version of these 2021proof ASE's with the 'W' mintmark.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021 9:16PM

No wonder these flew out the door...they're now going for $499.99 (for the easily deluded) for PR70 (marked on the slab as Advanced Release...whatever that means?) on TV.

Crazy but still...

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    No wonder these flew out the door...they're now going for $499.99 (for the easily deluded) for PR70 (marked on the slab as Advanced Release...whatever that means?) on TV.

Crazy but still...

Yeah Rich, I saw that. It's like they are trying to create rarity where none exists. And Mike Sleazak is making a HUGE deal out of 2021 coins that were minted in 2020. SO WHAT? Can't wait till Jan. 1st to start minting for the current year. And he claimed that now there are 18 "Collector Coin Approved Purchasers" who receive new releases 2 days before the official release of which he is one. Again I say, SO WHAT?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file