Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who's buying the American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof on Thursday? Mint Hi-Res images posted.

Comments

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Type 2 is going to be a bear to get...just wait and see. W & S. Never mind that elusive 2 coin silver set coming up...that one will be even tougher. I remember the days you could just call up and talk with someone, " Yeah I'd like a couple of these." "Okay, you got it. Have a nice day."

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I slept in this morning. I already have 5 on order 😎. Too many have 99 or more so the flipping opportunity is past in my opinion.

I bought them just in case spot Silver price shoots to the moon!🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Be aware....inflation is on the rise😪. The price of finished goods is increasing every day.🙄

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still call up and they will say “OK you got it” as you cancel your 99.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

And I agree, the demand for this issue makes the next a lot more interesting.
    Who besides the United States Mint can provide this type of immediate numismatic excitement?

• Options

@Halfpence said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Halfpence said:
    Still, the question is interesting. Who's in?

Yes, who wants the coin with the unlimited mintage for $46 over the price of silver?

You can buy a 2018-W Proof silver eagle already in a PCGS 1st strike holder for $80 and a similar 2019 for $90.

Raw price on a 2018 or 2019 in OGP is $70. 2017 and earlier are $50 to $60.

This coin goes nowhere but down.

All true, yet this product will sell out.

Flashback....

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will there be lots of returns like the 17S enhanced set?

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:

If the price plummets, you betcha! If the price holds at $100 or above until redistribution takes place, no.

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    I slept in this morning. I already have 5 on order 😎. Too many have 99 or more so the flipping opportunity is past in my opinion.

Be aware....inflation is on the rise😪. The price of finished goods is increasing every day.🙄

That's odd. You could buy UNC eagles for $35 to $40, why would you buy $73 eagles hoping for silver prices to hit $80??? You've already thrown away $35 of the rise.

The flipping opportunity remains as of this writing. But the window will start to close.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@privatecoin said:

If the price plummets, you betcha! If the price holds at $100 or above until redistribution takes place, no.

I certainly have that feeling. Not that it matters much to me. I only needed one.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

IF/When you see inflation, the 10 year or the 30 year will go a Lot Higher than is currently reflected...

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    The Type 2 is going to be a bear to get...just wait and see. W & S. Never mind that elusive 2 coin silver set coming up...that one will be even tougher. I remember the days you could just call up and talk with someone, " Yeah I'd like a couple of these." "Okay, you got it. Have a nice day."

Please forgive the likely stupid question but what is the Type 2?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

Raufus, where have you been?!
    The Klatsch has missed you....

• Options

@Raufus said:

@Onastone said:

Please forgive the likely stupid question but what is the Type 2?

The new designed of the reverse on the ASE coming out mid year...

• Options

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys. Have been very distracted w other stuff - family medical emergency.

W did the 2021 W proof ASE w such a high mintage limit sell out so fast? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:
    Thanks guys. Have been very distracted w other stuff - family medical emergency.

W did the 2021 W proof ASE w such a high mintage limit sell out so fast? What am I missing?

Thanks!

The mintage limit isn't the problem. The problem is the United States Mint securing enough Silver for the Type 2. There just isn't going to be enough Silver supply for what the Mint is wanting to do in CY2021 with Type 1, Type 2 and Morgan and Peace.

The final mintage for the Type 1 will Not be as much as people think...

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

That's odd. You could buy UNC eagles for $35 to $40, why would you buy $73 eagles hoping for silver prices to hit $80??? You've already thrown away $35 of the rise.

The flipping opportunity remains as of this writing. But the window will start to close.

Let me rephrase....I bought 5 just to have them since they are the last reverse design and maybe just maybe longterm as a collectible it will be worth more than the purchase price or maybe I can give them as presents or use them for trades.

The Silver spot price going to the moon🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀 was intended more as a joke and a play on Reddit users postings about their stonk of choice.😂🤣

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

IF/When you see inflation, the 10 year or the 30 year will go a Lot Higher than is currently reflected...

Regarding inflation. I work in a business that supplies raw materials used in the manufacturing of many products consumers and businesses buy. Pricing from our suppliers are increasing consistently and more frequently than I can remember in my 30 years in the business.

Trust me or don't but I am telling you prices for the products you buy will be going up in 2021 and into next year. That being said....this is just my opinion 😎

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    What am I missing?

I am missing an explanation too.

guess - last year of the old reverse design. people saving them up.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess this is the latest trend regarding ASE's and the Mint, as soon as it goes on sale immediate sellout.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@cagcrisp said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Regarding inflation. I work in a business that supplies raw materials used in the manufacturing of many products consumers and businesses buy. Pricing from our suppliers are increasing consistently and more frequently than I can remember in my 30 years in the business.

Trust me or don't but I am telling you prices for the products you buy will be going up in 2021 and into next year. That being said....this is just my opinion 😎

One unbiased commodity index I track is up over 10%+ so far just in 2021 and its currently Feb, not good. No opinion needed. USD net declined by 7% in 2020 now that the year is over. Interesting acton in the bond market lately but I digress.

Seems like people overly excited abut the latest new mint release and the Mint has large silver supply agreements, unlike shortsighted auto mfrs chasing chips. Lots of ASE's being minted so far this year, almost 7 Million YTD. LOL Emergency issues, 'emergency' they can't shovel them fast enough after raising prices, far better value in older ASE issues.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@cagcrisp said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:

Everything is going through the roof, 87 octane gasoline is now $2.75 a gallon down the street from me. A month ago it was $2.25 ish. This is just the beginning of the end.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is more likely to be nothing more than herd mentality being deftly led by the appearance of artificial scarcity.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

r/wallstreetbets then?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    I think it is more likely to be nothing more than herd mentality being deftly led by the appearance of artificial scarcity.

So, does that mean I need to get some friends to buy these for me and pay them $80 a coin?

• Options

@Mgarmy said:

Somewhat. But you are also likely to see a lot of promotion here as various retailers sell all kinds of "collectible" packages of 1st/last coins.

• Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭

When the type 2 ASE comes out you can get the PROOF W (21ean) or the PROOF S (21emn) . Do you need both or do you go for the W to go with the type 1 PROOF W(21ea) that was just released?

• Options

Or what are your thoughts on type 2 W Unc. ( 21egn) should this be included?

• Options

@WALLE said:
    When the type 2 ASE comes out you can get the PROOF W (21ean) or the PROOF S (21emn) . Do you need both or do you go for the W to go with the type 1 PROOF W(21ea) that was just released?

You don't "need" any. What you want is totally up to you. You define completeness.

• Options

I guess I should of put it I would like to have both types 1 and 2. I have the type 1 PROOF W coming, what are other peoples thoughts? getting matching mint marks or maybe going with the S

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@WALLE said:

Don't forget about the RP 2 coin Eagle set coming out too.... ugh.

• Options

@cagcrisp said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks!

The mintage limit isn't the problem. The problem is the United States Mint securing enough Silver for the Type 2. There just isn't going to be enough Silver supply for what the Mint is wanting to do in CY2021 with Type 1, Type 2 and Morgan and Peace.

Thanks for the reminder....I forgot all about the Morgan & Peace dollars coming up. Another instant sellout or close to it probably.

• Options

The two coin set will be a 2019s erp event I am betting. Limited release that has to be sent in boxed to get the special label because they have sold or will have sold the others as singles. Just a guess

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@Raufus said:
    What am I missing?

I am missing an explanation too.

guess - last year of the old reverse design. people saving them up.

I think the problem lies within the HHL set...instead of HHL 1, there were too many coin companies buying them all at once.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about they take orders 5 months before release. All orders made initially get shipped at the exact same time. Easy peesy

• Options

@WALLE said:
    I guess I should of put it I would like to have both types 1 and 2. I have the type 1 PROOF W coming, what are other peoples thoughts? getting matching mint marks or maybe going with the S

If you collect by "type" you don't need different mint marks or dates. In fact, you can use a 2019 ASE as your type I type.

If you collect by date and mint mark, you won't feel complete unless you have all date and mm combinations.

Some people do NOT collect proofs, so you would want an MS type 1 and type 2 or all date/mintmark combinations of MS coins and none of the proofs, reverse proofs, or other special finishes.

It's really up to you.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cagcrisp said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks!

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the mint can't get all the silver it wants. It might be compelled to pay more than it would like or have to buy re-smelted silver rather than newly mined, but I think the supply of silver is effectively unlimited.

• Options

@daltex said:

@cagcrisp said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks!

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the mint can't get all the silver it wants. It might be compelled to pay more than it would like or have to buy re-smelted silver rather than newly mined, but I think the supply of silver is effectively unlimited.

There is less floating around at any one time than you might think. That said, the Mint is a major buyer and can reprice its coins accordingly if it has to pay more.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@daltex said:

@cagcrisp said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks!

There is less floating around at any one time than you might think. That said, the Mint is a major buyer and can reprice its coins accordingly if it has to pay more.

Don't give them any ideas. They'll probably raise prices tomorrow.....

• Options

@privatecoin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@daltex said:

@cagcrisp said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks!

Don't give them any ideas. They'll probably raise prices tomorrow.....

We don't have to pay it. ;)

Besides, it'll make my Mint hoard more valuable.

• Options

@daltex said:

@cagcrisp said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks!

Over 50% of investment Silver is going into Silver ETFs.

The Mint is allocating Silver to the Authorized Purchasers currently...

• Options

the mint's authorized purchasers have been who the mint sells to all along...

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    the mint's authorized purchasers have been who the mint sells to all along...

Yes, of course.

I wonder who has primacy. If they did have a limited supply, would they supply the bullion stream or the collectibles?

• Options

bullion

in 2009 they did not issue a proof ASE just to make the bullion product.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Mgarmy said:
    Hope everything turned out ok Doc

Thanks so much for all of the info guys.

My wife had an emergent surgery for a life threatening condition totally out of the blue. Fortunately she is making a good recovery. We're reminded that not so much as the next hour is a given.

Really appreciate the good wishes and info.

Great news!!

• Options

Prayers for your wife Doc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file