Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a Favorite Mercury Dime

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 19 is an example but I have a problem with a bunch of examples.
    I respect everyone’s choice of collecting “what you like “ but several others with way more knowledge are trying to teach me about that type of toning and I’m just not seeing it. Maybe some day 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    PwrHseProPwrHsePro Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭

Well, i waited as long as I could for someone to send me a Valentines Day gift...

Nada!

So I just got one for myself:

1921-P PCGS XF45 Mercury Dime

I mainly collect raw Ancients, PCGS Mercury Dimes, and raw CSA'S... but have misc other sets...Jeffhttps://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/set/215647https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/showcase/8378

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent these in for grading will see how it goes.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's one that isn't too bad. 1942-D RPM FS-501 in MS66FB. Pop of 7 with 2 finer. The search for a better example continues.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PwrHsePro said:
    I think that they are all pretty... many of the ones post in this topic have incredible toning,thanx for posting them! I haven't had much opportunity to see anything like them in hand, and not sure if they'd be in my budget if similar became available!

The pics I take are poor but here are my TrueViews

I remember making this mercury dime, you must have bought it off me, forgot I even sold it!

• Options

Nice, @ShadyDave

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    PwrHseProPwrHsePro Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭

Well, i waited as long as I could for someone to send me a Valentines Day gift...

Nada!

So I just got one for myself:

1921-P PCGS XF45 Mercury Dime

I mainly collect raw Ancients, PCGS Mercury Dimes, and raw CSA'S... but have misc other sets...Jeffhttps://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/set/215647https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/showcase/8378

• Options

@SanctionII @lablover Very nice, well done. @bagofnickels Some nice color along those rims.

I love it when this thread gets bumped. :smile:

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this count?
    :D
    2 Ounce Mule 18/100 Low Mintage

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

This thread hasn't been bumped in a LOOOONG TIME! I need to see some awesome Mercs today. Let's goooooo!

• Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2023 8:48AM

This one has the double stamped D, which gives the appearance of manipulation for those not familiar with the different verity of D mm for the 1916. It also has a nice die crack that runs below Liberty to the rim.

USAF (Ret.) 1985 - 2005. E-4B Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief and Contracting Officer.
    My current Registry sets:
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Carson City Morgan Dollars (1878 – 1893)
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Lincoln Cents (1909 – 1958)
    ✓ Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard (1878 – 1891)

• Options
    one_fine_dimeone_fine_dime Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited April 22, 2023 5:09PM

Here's a Frisco & Denver crusty duo from 1925, PCGS AU55 and AU50, respectively. Frisco was a cross-over from an NGC AU58. Minor lighting adjustments on these TVs (contrast/exposure/shadows).

• Options

@one_fine_dime said:

MS63 recently crossed to PCGS. I prefer the TrueView over the PhotoVision. What do you think?
    Greg, you may have already seen this one on my IG.

I do recall seeing that one. I would prefer the photo that shows how it looks in hand. The TrueView definitely looks warmer whereas the NGC photo looks like it could be a bit over exposed, not sure. Nice though.

• Options
    BikergeekBikergeek Posts: 214 ✭✭✭✭

@P0CKETCHANGE said:
    Got this from a DLRC auction recently. This isn't my series, and I didn't need this for any of the sets I'm working on, but I've never seen one like it before and had to have it. PCGS MS66FB — Photo credit is DLRC; eventually I'll send to PCGS for a TrueView.

Interesting coin! DLRC has a system where they rank coins by Eye Appeal from 1 to 5 stars. How many stars did they give this one?

New website: Groovycoins.com Capped Bust Half Dime registry set: Bikergeek CBHD LM Set

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2023 4:58AM

I can't because its in @keyman64 collection. I don't recall the date/mm , but its toned icy blue and I think a recent purchase.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

@keyman64 said:
    I do recall seeing that one. I would prefer the photo that shows how it looks in hand. The TrueView definitely looks warmer whereas the NGC photo looks like it could be a bit over exposed, not sure. Nice though.

Thanks. The Heritage photos can be viewed here:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/mercury-dimes/1917-d-10c-ms63-ngc-ngc-census-93-125-pcgs-population-134-144-cdn-175-whsle-bid-for-ngc-pcgs-ms63-mintage-9-40/a/132241-23341.s

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keyman64 Thats the one.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ken
  • Options

@MidLifeCrisis said:
    Apparently, I never posted my one and only Mercury Dime to this thread. It is my favorite!

Definitely a nice one!

• Options

@remumc said:
    I got carried away!

I certainly don't mind. Lol, I love that 18-S (the others too) and I seriously thought about buying that 35-D but I really did not like the price. I'm glad it ended up in a nice set.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file