Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a Favorite Mercury Dime

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one drop dead gorgeous Merc, keyman64!

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koynekwest said:
    That is one drop dead gorgeous Merc, keyman64!

Thank you! :)

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank YOU for posting it!

• Options

Nice one @kaz

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is for @keyman64

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2021 5:08PM

Blast white, better date in a vintage OGH.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options

Nice ones @robec and @asheland :smile:

• Options

@CoinJunkie said:

@keyman64 said:
    1943-D PCGS MS67+FB CAC Pop 95/61. Common date coin with some uncommon qualities. Unfortunately, it's not a variety. ;) Lots of shadow in the photography here, the coin does not go terminal. The color is mostly green in those shadows. I won the coin on a Sunday, paid for it just after midnight and the coin was delivered from California to Florida by Wednesday. Thank you for the excellent service by Great Collections. @ianrussell

Nice pickup. I bought that coin as a PCGS 66FB for about $150, got it regraded to 67FB, consigned it to GC, who sent it to CAC (result: green bean), and it realized just over $2k with juice. Looks like the buyer got a plus (and a re-bean), and then auctioned it for about $1k for his/her trouble. It is a gorgeous Merc regardless of grade!

Wow, thanks for the history! That’s nutty that it sold for double what I paid while in a lower grade. It almost makes me feel like I got an okay deal. Almost! Lol

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keyman64 said:

@CoinJunkie said:

@keyman64 said:
    1943-D PCGS MS67+FB CAC Pop 95/61. Common date coin with some uncommon qualities. Unfortunately, it's not a variety. ;) Lots of shadow in the photography here, the coin does not go terminal. The color is mostly green in those shadows. I won the coin on a Sunday, paid for it just after midnight and the coin was delivered from California to Florida by Wednesday. Thank you for the excellent service by Great Collections. @ianrussell

Nice pickup. I bought that coin as a PCGS 66FB for about $150, got it regraded to 67FB, consigned it to GC, who sent it to CAC (result: green bean), and it realized just over $2k with juice. Looks like the buyer got a plus (and a re-bean), and then auctioned it for about $1k for his/her trouble. It is a gorgeous Merc regardless of grade!

Wow, thanks for the history! That’s nutty that it sold for double what I paid while in a lower grade. It almost makes me feel like I got an okay deal. Almost! Lol

I've seen it happen before, often with coins that get upgraded and then flipped quickly. I owned the coin for (at least) a few years before upgrading and selling, and there was no TrueView prior to my doing the regrade, so it was "fresh" when I consigned it. In any case, I think you got a pretty good price. It's got the bells and whistles (plus grade, bean) and that gorgeous toning to boot.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only nice Mercury Dime. Not slabbed. Any grade opinions would be nice.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

So many incredible merc’s. Here’s a round from a couple years ago that I like the look of 🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    PwrHseProPwrHsePro Posts: 200 ✭✭✭✭

@keyman64 said:
    1936 PCGS MS67FB DDO FS-101 POP 5/2
    Not a bad cherrypicked example here but I need to find a better one.
    This one now makes my 66FB example an extra that I can get rid of...

I'm interested in your old ugly beat up 66fb!

I mainly collect raw Ancients, PCGS Mercury Dimes, and raw CSA'S... but have misc other sets...Jeffhttps://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/set/215647https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/showcase/8378

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2021 4:46PM

Here’s a raw toner that I finally got around to taking a picture of. The color is pretty accurate 🌞

Mr_Spud

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    Being a Type Collector...I only have one Mercury Dime.

1941-D 10C DDO & DDR FS-101 PCGS MS65FB CAC

A very nice "onesie".
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the blurry photos, I'll try to grab some that are clearer. It has nice color and luster.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options

Amazing just looked through my collection 2-300 items (still working on inventory) and dang if I don’t have a single mercury dime. How the heck did that happen 😳. Time to change that 🤓

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Amazing just looked through my collection 2-300 items (still working on inventory) and dang if I don’t have a single mercury dime. How the heck did that happen 😳. Time to change that 🤓

Well, if your going change that why not try to do a complete variety set if you really want a challenge. Now, an extremely difficult set to assemble.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

You could start with the one in my signature. ;)

• Options

@keyman64 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

You could start with the one in my signature. ;)

What kind of payment plan do you offer. That’s one very nice coin. But I live in a $50 world 😁

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Years ago, my wife helped with an estate for a friend. This was the nicest coin in a piggybank that had been saved since the 40's.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kentuckycoins that '44 you posted is freaking awesome! definitely not everyone's cup-of-tea, but it's unique

@robec your micro-S is absolutely stellar. that's an example that, if I got my hands on it, wouldn't see the market again in my lifetime. here's my less stunning (but still pleasing) Micro-S:

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2022 11:25PM

Have the following 1936 D Mercury dime that should be sent in to our hosts I guess.

My whole set is in the raw and the only slabbed one is the 1916 D Mercury Dime in AG3 :blush:

Really like the 100th anniversary release in 24k gold.

:)

• Options

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    one_fine_dimeone_fine_dime Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited February 7, 2022 7:03PM

@PwrHsePro - nice TrueViews, stellar toning on that '20-D and '20 duo!

@gumby1234 - wild looking '44, is that a broadstruck proof?

I just bought this raw today, hoping to get it into an AU-55 slab at some point, with TrueView.
    Been looking for a nice crusty original of this semi-key date for a while! Hoping it's lustier in hand.

• Options

@one_fine_dime Its a circulation strike. Its called an off center broad strike

• Options
    bagofnickelsbagofnickels Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

MS65FB From RPholdercoins on ebay. He was nice enough to say I could use his photos.

• Options

I wish I could see the beauty of the speckled and spotted mercs and Roosies that are supposed to be great toning. Just looks horrible to me. Ofcourse, I’m attracted to AT so that explains alot 😂.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 - haha, I'm guessing your comment was directed at least in part at my 1919-S...yeah I know that splotchy toning isn't for everyone. I'm not a fan of artificial dipped bright white, much prefer an original skin on any 100+ year old vintage dime, shows it was exposed to the elements some.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file