Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:
    "There were 8 members including myself that got an AGE on Sunday. Looks like 7 either received theirs or is on its way (Bullsitter).
    So that is +1 of what was supposedly left of the 1,939 sales total. Something is amiss..."

+2 More.. ;)

Please clarify, u got two on Sunday?

All in transit >> 2 AGEs & 1 ASE
    Sunday was the smoothest operation yet and quick confirmations and decent ship out. 🇺🇸

Wow. Incredible. What a day.

Curious, was it u and someone else or did u have time to buy two AGE s on two different accounts yourself? Was wondering how long they were up. Incredible, Incredible score.

Bots. It's almost certainly all bots if he had time to order two.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:
    "There were 8 members including myself that got an AGE on Sunday. Looks like 7 either received theirs or is on its way (Bullsitter).
    So that is +1 of what was supposedly left of the 1,939 sales total. Something is amiss..."

+2 More.. ;)

Sunday was the smoothest operation yet and quick confirmations and decent ship out. 🇺🇸

Curious, was it u and someone else or did u have time to buy two AGE s on two different accounts yourself? Was wondering how long they were up. Incredible, Incredible score.

Or bots.....

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Sunday morning gold V75 order arrived at the local UPS station this afternoon.
    Delivery Wednesday by 7:00 pm, I'll be sitting at the window.

btw, paid for normal shipping

On an order of that value, kind of doesn't matter what shipping you choose. The economy would go out via the same method as expedited

I ordered via overnight and it came ups next day air, my friend ordered the normal $4.95 shipping and it came ups ground. So it does matter. Maybe the middle tier doesn’t matter for gold. I’m surprised the silvers all shipped usps though, that’s an upgrade from the normal smart post on the cheapest shipping.

Anything over a certain $ value gets expedited

Ok, but you said on an order over a certain value it doesn’t matter what you choose. I’m saying it still does. Depending on where you live there is a few day difference between next day and and ups ground.

• CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

No, it’s all human persistence- my wife & me in parallel on AGE, then there was time to add ASE to my mothers account. 🙄

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must have different addresses unless the system is not enforcing the one per household...which might be

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CXD said:
    No, it’s all human persistence- my wife & me in parallel on AGE, then there was time to add ASE to my mothers account. 🙄

Lucky man to have a wife that will get up every morning to play the order game for a coin. Lucky man...

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

My AGE V75 came yesterday. For some reason this box is so much nicer than my other unopened mint boxes.

@DelawareDoons said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

+2 More.. ;)

Aren’t you the one who talks about using a script?

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dollar2007 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Bullsitter said:

On an order of that value, kind of doesn't matter what shipping you choose. The economy would go out via the same method as expedited

I ordered via overnight and it came ups next day air, my friend ordered the normal $4.95 shipping and it came ups ground. So it does matter. Maybe the middle tier doesn’t matter for gold. I’m surprised the silvers all shipped usps though, that’s an upgrade from the normal smart post on the cheapest shipping.

Ok, but you said on an order over a certain value it doesn’t matter what you choose. I’m saying it still does. Depending on where you live there is a few day difference between next day and and ups ground.

Yes, that may be true. The problem is that the MInt doesn't factor in your selection when they decide WHEN to ship it. The last time I picked next day - and it will be the LAST time - they sent it via next day air when they finally posted it 10 days after I purchased it. I actually got another package, standard shipping, while I was still waiting for the next day air to be actually posted!

@Dollar2007 said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

+2 More.. ;)

All the script does is hit the check out button when the coin becomes available. I have to be there, I have to fill in the info, I have to start it.

I've spoken with two people using true automated bots on the mints site and theirs do far, far more. They emerged in the wake of the sneaker markets general nonsense and became locked on the mints site with the easy money that was last years ERP fiasco.

Think about how data is moved between your computer and the Mints servers. People have worked to reverse engineer those packets of data and send them to the mints servers in a way that means they can just ping the server directly with the data packets rather than do the whole add to cart then checkout thing. You cannot really tell they're doing this unless they make a mistake.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Bullsitter said:

Yes, that may be true. The problem is that the MInt doesn't factor in your selection when they decide WHEN to ship it. The last time I picked next day - and it will be the LAST time - they sent it via next day air when they finally posted it 10 days after I purchased it. I actually got another package, standard shipping, while I was still waiting for the next day air to be actually posted!

Hmm. Yeah that part stinks haha. They need to definitely work on their first in first out shipping.

@DelawareDoons said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@DelawareDoons said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

+2 More.. ;)

All the script does is hit the check out button when the coin becomes available. I have to be there, I have to fill in the info, I have to start it.

I've spoken with two people using true automated bots on the mints site and theirs do far, far more. They emerged in the wake of the sneaker markets general nonsense and became locked on the mints site with the easy money that was last years ERP fiasco.

Think about how data is moved between your computer and the Mints servers. People have worked to reverse engineer those packets of data and send them to the mints servers in a way that means they can just ping the server directly with the data packets rather than do the whole add to cart then checkout thing. You cannot really tell they're doing this unless they make a mistake.

Yes I’ve seen videos of those bots on Twitter. Hopefully there is a way the mint can stop then. But before I found out about those advanced bots I always thought a bot just did what your setup does, mirror all the actions needed to checking. But there is definitely more sophisticated ones out there now.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2020 9:00AM

@CXD said:

Wow. So u and your wife have tried every day since issue? Wow.

Were these the first u were able to get? S

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    edited December 2, 2020 9:34AM

I do not really need the money from this, for what it is worth. My primary motivation is to get one and donate money to a coin friend of mine who finds himself in a really tough situation. Graduated from college 18ish months ago, stuck at home with his parents in the middle of nowhere, no car for transportation, so no real way to job hunt, and his alumni network at his school is basically useless. As a result, he's getting pretty down on himself, so a group of my friends decided to help him out by raising money to try to get him a car and cover some of his expenses in job hunting as well as helping him redo his resume, get a nice suit, do interview prep, etc.

If I manage to get a $50 gold, I am going to match all of the existing donations to the money pool I created to raise money for him, by double. It would be around $2,500, if my memory serves, and would bring our pool up to almost $4,000 to help him get back on his feet.

So there you have it, that is my motivation. Not personal profit, not collecting, but I just want to be able to be extra generous this holiday season. I am really frustrated, especially when I see the greed of some people.

If anybody wants to donate, feel free to PM me and I will share the link.

• CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

No, also got 2 ASE's first day. She keeps me honest and we are just having fun :D .
    In fact, I think she was the first and only that stayed on the ASE ERP's for 8 months until 8/5 when we picked up +3. Maybe not everyday but pretty consistant if we think there is a chance. Most of them I just keep the box in safe or grade.

@CXD said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

No, also got 2 ASE's first day. She keeps me honest and we are just having fun :D .
    In fact, I think she was the first and only that stayed on the ASE ERP's for 8 months until 8/5 when we picked up +3. Maybe not everyday but pretty consistant if we think there is a chance. Most of them I just keep the box in safe or grade.

Wow. Your buying them all up! :D

I was able to get 1 ASE ERP on 8-28 which I was pretty excited about got up constantly for I don’t know how long.

Still trying my luck on an AGE still. :|

Collector

@CXD said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

Pretty lucky that u guys were on Sunday. I don't think anyone was expecting anything on Sunday at all. If u were skipping some days u massively lucked out.

Per my above post, was anyone expecting anything on Sunday? I think most figured small chance as holiday weekend and nothing the prior 3 days. I'd think they programmed the Sunday sales in on Wed.

@Raufus said:
    Per my above post, was anyone expecting anything on Sunday? I think most figured small chance as holiday weekend and nothing the prior 3 days. I'd think they programmed the Sunday sales in on Wed.

I’m expecting it every day till it says sold out. It’s just that Sunday was the one day when my alarm didn’t want to ring!

Collector

@DelawareDoons said:
    I do not really need the money from this, for what it is worth. My primary motivation is to get one and donate money to a coin friend of mine who finds himself in a really tough situation. Graduated from college 18ish months ago, stuck at home with his parents in the middle of nowhere, no car for transportation, so no real way to job hunt, and his alumni network at his school is basically useless. As a result, he's getting pretty down on himself, so a group of my friends decided to help him out by raising money to try to get him a car and cover some of his expenses in job hunting as well as helping him redo his resume, get a nice suit, do interview prep, etc.

If I manage to get a $50 gold, I am going to match all of the existing donations to the money pool I created to raise money for him, by double. It would be around $2,500, if my memory serves, and would bring our pool up to almost $4,000 to help him get back on his feet.

So there you have it, that is my motivation. Not personal profit, not collecting, but I just want to be able to be extra generous this holiday season. I am really frustrated, especially when I see the greed of some people.

If anybody wants to donate, feel free to PM me and I will share the link.

Really nice of you.

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

I’m expecting it every day till it says sold out. It’s just that Sunday was the one day when my alarm didn’t want to ring!

That just so profoundly sucks. What bad luck. Ugh.

Amazing! Congrats!

Collector

Love it!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

are you sending it in for grading? they can stuff it for you in a holder.

@Dave_01 said:
    The gold i snagged on sunday should be here tomorrow. Ill definitely be sitting on the front porch with my binoculars lol ok not that bad but im always so apprehensive when waiting for my gold coins. Im so stoked now my AGE collection is once again complete

forget the superbowl this was super sunday!!! :)

Spot on re Sunday!!

How was your experience buying on Sunday? Quick and easy?

• Dave_01Dave_01 Posts: 23 ✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Dave_01 said:
    The gold i snagged on sunday should be here tomorrow. Ill definitely be sitting on the front porch with my binoculars lol ok not that bad but im always so apprehensive when waiting for my gold coins. Im so stoked now my AGE collection is once again complete

forget the superbowl this was super sunday!!! :)

Spot on re Sunday!!

How was your experience buying on Sunday? Quick and easy?

@Raufus

There was no problem at all nice and easy like buying any other coin on the website, not one freeze at all basically 2 clicks in 20 seconds (had to put my 3 digit code in) and that was it

• GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@GiveMeProof said:

@pointfivezero said:

Hey point, I've done it before but what program do you use to show your order history and do the blackout? thanks in advance.

Proof

I use a program called SnagIt. I couldn’t live without it!

Thanks point. Isn't there a Windows program that does the same thing? Last time I used it "ERP" i used a windows program. Any clue? Anyone?

I found it. Snip & Sketch.

>

@GiveMeProof - Snip&Sketch is OK but can it do this? :smile:

That is cool, I'll take 100. :D

Nothin today

Collector

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mayflower 2 coin set available no AGE for me today

Nothing

• jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

flipped at 0530 MST but I only saw mayflower coins in stock/available

• silver was available, no gold

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada Mayflower Silver 2 Coin Set...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

@ECHOES said:
    Nada Mayflower Silver 2 Coin Set...

Still available at the Royal Mint...

I really would like to ask the Mint about this set.

Never saw the ASE flip today. There were 8 gold Mayflowers showing.

@Batman23 said:
    Never saw the ASE flip today. There were 8 gold Mayflowers showing.

I saw 10 of the RP Gold Mayflower and 9 of the 2 coin Gold set. None of the 2 coin silver set.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zilch.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2020 5:58AM

Mayflower RP Medal still on BACKORDER. Mayflower Gold still available. Oh, and plenty of colorized basketballs!!

@borderlineInsane said:
    silver was available, no gold

For how long?

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

my 2 coin silver from uk hasn't shipped, and thev2 coin silver from us mint has never gone back on offer - whats going on w this set?? 🤔🤔🤔

• @Raufus said:

@borderlineInsane said:
    silver was available, no gold

For how long?

couple of seconds

70’s?

Collector

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

PCGS just flashed my results on the gold v75 eagle. PF70 !!!! Can't wait to see it in hand. Now if I can only snag an ASE. Nothing came up last night.

@Tetromibi said:

Eagles have landed!

The V75 labels are nice looking, But with the backwards presentation of these I prefer the normal label and orientation. I just wish they included the FS flag symbol on the GS FS label. The submitter pays an extra $18 for FS and for that $18 the submitter only gets two extra words printed on a standard GS label. OK, rant over.

Those are nice looking coins, congrats on the pair of V75s. Have you found the blemish keeping them from being 70?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file