Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• coinman1212coinman1212 Posts: 5
    edited December 3, 2020 6:18PM

x

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2020 3:25PM

are we still logging in to the Mint website in the morning?

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Sunday morning gold V75 order arrived at the local UPS station this afternoon.
    Delivery Wednesday by 7:00 pm, I'll be sitting at the window.

btw, paid for normal shipping

Can't wait to see it!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2020 4:43PM

@Bullsitter said:

My Sunday AGE V75 was delivered today just past noon with the UPS delivery guy leaving the box at the front door and yelling UPS as he was walking way. No ring of the doorbell or knock at the door. So sitting by the window may very well be a good idea.
    Edited to add - UPS Next Day w/adult signature required... ha ha yeh right! All is good though.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭

So they still selling the cancellations and maybe a reserve for the returns are being sold now for the privy AGE. I wonder if they have the 200/reserve and may be selling them later because COVID is messing up their accounting procedures/personnel being sick(lack of supervisors to make sure just a1945 mintage is sold and not the reserve will be sold. This was mentioned in previous post that they oversold the final mintage on a recent mint product.

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing, these clowns still have not shipped my silver that I paid for a month ago and you guys are getting yours from orders placed on Sunday?
    If not for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful man!!!!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Nice! Congrats!

Collector

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 7:30. Don't see anything. Wait, did you say AM or PM? LOL ;)

edited December 2, 2020 9:41AM

can anyone read my post? just say yes if you can.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2020 6:14PM

@Bullsitter said:

On an order of that value, kind of doesn't matter what shipping you choose. The economy would go out via the same method as expedited

@pf70collector said:
    So they still selling the cancellations and maybe a reserve for the returns are being sold now for the privy AGE. I wonder if they have the 200/reserve and may be selling them later because COVID is messing up their accounting procedures/personnel being sick(lack of supervisors to make sure just a1945 mintage is sold and not the reserve will be sold. This was mentioned in previous post that they oversold the final mintage on a recent mint product.

That only happened once 6 years ago and that was due to a change in fulfillment services.

these gold eagles sure are pretty

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

And this was with no credit card issues whatsoever. Just plain 'ol, inexplicable US Mint buffoonery.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2020 10:04PM

@pointfivezero said:

@GiveMeProof said:

@pointfivezero said:

@ckeusa said:
    By comparison, here's what the website says for my orders...

>
    Yes, same issue here. I called the Mint about this glitch and they referred it to IT to fix, umpteen years ago. Nothing has changed:

Hey point, I've done it before but what program do you use to show your order history and do the blackout? thanks in advance.

Proof

I use a program called SnagIt. I couldn’t live without it!

Thanks point. Isn't there a Windows program that does the same thing? Last time I used it "ERP" i used a windows program. Any clue? Anyone?

I found it. Snip & Sketch.

• treybenedicttreybenedict Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

I think I may have found a strike-through on one of my graded coins.

PR70DCAM. I’ll attach the cert and true view below.

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/40850170

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Bullsitter said:

On an order of that value, kind of doesn't matter what shipping you choose. The economy would go out via the same method as expedited

I ordered via overnight and it came ups next day air, my friend ordered the normal $4.95 shipping and it came ups ground. So it does matter. Maybe the middle tier doesn’t matter for gold. I’m surprised the silvers all shipped usps though, that’s an upgrade from the normal smart post on the cheapest shipping.

@Dollar2007 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Bullsitter said:

I ordered via overnight and it came ups next day air, my friend ordered the normal $4.95 shipping and it came ups ground. So it does matter. Maybe the middle tier doesn’t matter for gold. I’m surprised the silvers all shipped usps though, that’s an upgrade from the normal smart post on the cheapest shipping.

Anything over a certain $ value gets expedited

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Bullsitter said:

Anything over a certain $ value gets expedited

I believe it’s $300 or anything gold.

Collector

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see nuttin'

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

ASE flipped but it would not add to bag. Gone fast.

Nothing

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Nothin today.

Collector

• eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2020 5:32AM

Didn't see either ASE or AGE flip today.

it allowed me to place my order, went to wait/processing screen, then kicked out and gone ... three days in a row now.

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mayflower popped available. Nothing on the AGE for me

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2020 5:41AM

Nada with the Mayflower 2 coin set...

Edit; Silver

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

silver medal flipped at 0530 MST but I was too slow during checkout. Several (~5) mayflower gold for single and two coin sets showed available at 0530 as well.

@Batman23 said:
    ASE flipped but it would not add to bag. Gone fast.

This.

Didn't see the AGE flip.

Several gold Mayflower coins available, as usual.

• ASE flipped at 4:30:09 PST, no AGE

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    My Sunday AGE order shows cancelled today. I am... Not happy. May the lord take pity on the poor customer service rep that gets my phone call in an hour.

Sorry to hear that. That is a sign that maybe Sunday’s were the last 6. It seems they may have oversold but some were seeing the age flip on Monday. Does not make sense.

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Sunday AGE order shows cancelled today. I am... Not happy. May the lord take pity on the poor customer service rep that gets my phone call in an hour.

😱

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

That really sucks! Love to know their reason for canceling your order!

There were 8 members including myself that got an AGE on Sunday. Looks like 7 either received theirs or is on its way (Bullsitter).
    So that is +1 of what was supposedly left of the 1,939 sales total. Something is amiss...

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

Oh that is horrible...so sorry to hear.

• CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

"There were 8 members including myself that got an AGE on Sunday. Looks like 7 either received theirs or is on its way (Bullsitter).
    So that is +1 of what was supposedly left of the 1,939 sales total. Something is amiss..."

+2 More.. ;)

You got two on Sunday?

@CXD did you get one? Didn’t realize....

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently the delivery address and credit card address didn't match?? But they did. They won't give me any more information or answers.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

@DelawareDoons said:
    Apparently the delivery address and credit card address didn't match?? But they did. They won't give me any more information or answers.

😡🤬

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

I feel for you man. I know you're crushed, we all would be.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    I believe it’s $300 or anything gold.

Mint offers 4 domestic shipping options.

~ Budget
    ~ Standard
    ~ Expedited ('UPS Ground'?)
    ~ Next Day (currently 'UPS NexDay Air' per @Dollar2007)

"Shipments containing any gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles with a budget or standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping."
    Link: https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2020 8:04AM

@DelawareDoons said:

Omg!! So sorry to hear this.

Anyone else's canceled?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

@CXD said:
    "There were 8 members including myself that got an AGE on Sunday. Looks like 7 either received theirs or is on its way (Bullsitter).
    So that is +1 of what was supposedly left of the 1,939 sales total. Something is amiss..."

+2 More.. ;)

Please clarify, u got two on Sunday?

• CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

+2 More.. ;)

All in transit >> 2 AGEs & 1 ASE
    Sunday was the smoothest operation yet and quick confirmations and decent ship out. 🇺🇸

@CXD said:

@Raufus said:

@CXD said:

+2 More.. ;)

All in transit >> 2 AGEs & 1 ASE
    Sunday was the smoothest operation yet and quick confirmations and decent ship out. 🇺🇸

Wow. Incredible. What a day.

Curious, was it u and someone else or did u have time to buy two AGE s on two different accounts yourself? Was wondering how long they were up. Incredible, Incredible score.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file