Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shoot! The mint took my AGE outta my bag! It was there this morning! So I got next to no chance now :'(

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

Oh man Kliao, terrible news.

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

That sucks! Don’t give up, Kliao! Not until sold out!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Shoot! The mint took my AGE outta my bag! It was there this morning! So I got next to no chance now :'(

Omg. Horrible - BUT at least one member loaded their cart and checked out yesterday. May b another opportunity.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

The AGE in my cart disappeared last night too. This morning I managed to load the cart and get through check out for a silver medal... Of course the AGE is much harder but there is still hope!

• GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@ckeusa said:
    By comparison, here's what the website says for my orders...

>
    Yes, same issue here. I called the Mint about this glitch and they referred it to IT to fix, umpteen years ago. Nothing has changed:

Hey point, I've done it before but what program do you use to show your order history and do the blackout? thanks in advance.

Proof

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

I had to add mine to the bag Sunday morning and got one, so it can be done.

Good luck to you this morning.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint, in its infinite wisdom, appears to have blocked my home IP address. They think I'm a bot. [And you think YOU have fast fingers...]

So, eff them, I'm using my cell phone as a mobile hotspot.

Was available. Add to bag button didn’t want to work.

Collector

@Kliao said:

For how long?

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t even see a blip for me

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never flipped for me

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

The 24 ct was available. Added to bag. Almost got it.

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Silver was up for maybe 10 seconds.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

No sign of availability here. Just wanted to see if I could add it to my bag. REMIND ME...

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't see a thing change here either.

once again place order, wait for processing, and then bang, kicked out and unavailable on refresh. so frustrating trying to get this ASE

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

For how long?

A split second. I have 2 tabs open. One showed available the other didn’t.

Collector

The button was available for a few seconds but didn't work.

@Kliao said:

Did you try adding anything else to the cart? The add to bag button not working was how I ultimately realized the Mint was blocking me.

• matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was awake, still in my bag, so I tried. Flipped available, hit checkout, but did not go through.

I’m trying with other items now and it seems like the add to bag button doesn’t want to work with any items!

Collector

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

Did you try adding anything else to the cart? The add to bag button not working was how I ultimately realized the Mint was blocking me.

A couple minutes before I did add something else to the bag and it worked. Now, nothing works.

Collector

edited December 1, 2020 5:39AM

@Kliao said:
    I’m trying with other items now and it seems like the add to bag button doesn’t want to work with any items!

Yup. They may be blocking your IP.

Try on your cell phone.

On Sunday, I had no problem. Then after Monday morning, I can't add anything to the bag using my normal IP address but could use my cell phone. Then I used my cell phone as a mobile hotspot and the computer worked. So they are pretty clearly blocking my IP address.

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@eCoinquest said:

I have had this happen to me a couple times. I would log in and be ready and try to add something to the cart. Like a mint set this morning and the add to bag button would not work. I logged in with a different browser and it still had the same problem. After the system refresh when things become available again then the button works again and I was able to add things to the bag. It is very weird and no good if you are trying to preset anything. I did not see the AGE flip but I saw the hesitation where it could have done something.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

Try on your cell phone.

On Sunday, I had no problem. Then after Monday morning, I can't add anything to the bag using my normal IP address but could use my cell phone. Then I used my cell phone as a mobile hotspot and the computer worked. So they are pretty clearly blocking my IP address.

Same thing happening to me today. Phone works to add things but not computer.

Also clear your browser cache!

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

Try on your cell phone.

Got it. I’m using an VPN on my computer and after I disconnect and then reconnect it works again.

Collector

edited December 1, 2020 5:43AM

Guess what, now I can add things to the bag all of a sudden.

They are really messing with me.

@Batman23 said:

@eCoinquest said:

I have had this happen to me a couple times. I would log in and be ready and try to add something to the cart. Like a mint set this morning and the add to bag button would not work. I logged in with a different browser and it still had the same problem. After the system refresh when things become available again then the button works again and I was able to add things to the bag. It is very weird and no good if you are trying to preset anything. I did not see the AGE flip but I saw the hesitation where it could have done something.

I imagine it is their anti-bot efforts. But boy are they going to start annoying people.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Batman23 said:

@eCoinquest said:

I imagine it is their anti-bot efforts. But boy are they going to start annoying people.

“Start”? Annoying people. You made me fall off my chair laughing. 😂🤣

@CoinMeister said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Batman23 said:

@eCoinquest said:

“Start”? Annoying people. You made me fall off my chair laughing. 😂🤣

LOL. I guess that should have been "start annoying even more people".

I'm one of those people who hasn't really been upset with them. Their system is..er...awkward? But we're all playing the same game so I just live with it. But when you start blocking my access, then you aren't even letting me play your stupid reindeer games...

looks like I got the "close but no cigar" award this morning. at least I got mine to "wait for processing" after pushing place order button. this ASE chase is wearing me out. the one day I sleep in, Sunday, ARGHH

@RichR said:
    Did I mention that I hate everyone...and everything...AGAIN?

"Again" or "still"?

@RichR said:
    Also clear your browser cache!

How do u do that?

edited December 1, 2020 7:23AM

11/29/20 Sales Figures

Special Collectibles 20XE 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ GLD PRF W/PRIVY MARK 1,939 11/29/2020 (same as last week)

Special Collectibles 20XF 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ SLV PRF W/PRIVY MARK 74,969 11/29/2020 (74,990 last week)

Special Collectibles 20XG 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII 24K 1/2 OZ GOLD PROOF 7,482 11/29/2020 (7494 last week)

Special Collectibles 20XH 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII 1 OZ SILVER MEDAL 19,992 11/29/2020 (19,994 last week)

So the numbers left are
    AGE privy 1,939 (6 left) +0
    ASE privy 74,969 (31 left) -21
    1/2 oz gold 7,482 (18 left) -12
    Silver medal 19,992 (8 left) -2

Interesting all have more coins come up except for the AGE.

Collector

Figures don't seem to mean much. More folks here alone got AGE on Sunday than were supposedly left.

@RichR said:
    Did I mention that I hate everyone...and everything...AGAIN?

"Again" or "still"?

BOTH!

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    As of Nov. 22
    AGE W/privy 1,939 (6 left 😭)
    ASE W/privy 74,990 (10 left)
    1/2 oz. gold 7,494 (6 left)
    Silver medal 19,994 (6left)

@Kliao said:
    So the numbers left are (As of Nov. 29)

These are interesting numbers to try and decipher...

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:

@pointfivezero said:

@ckeusa said:
    By comparison, here's what the website says for my orders...

>
    Yes, same issue here. I called the Mint about this glitch and they referred it to IT to fix, umpteen years ago. Nothing has changed:

Hey point, I've done it before but what program do you use to show your order history and do the blackout? thanks in advance.

Proof

I use a program called SnagIt. I couldn’t live without it!

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

I collect the AGEs, and I'm really puzzled by the fact that the 2020-W isn't even the lowest mintage in the series, but it's riding the coat tail frenzy of the WW2 (and Mayflower) issues. Hopefully the rest of the burnished AGE Series will catch fire now.

But probably not. It's kinda funny.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    I collect the AGEs, and I'm really puzzled by the fact that the 2020-W isn't even the lowest mintage in the series, but it's riding the coat tail frenzy of the WW2 (and Mayflower) issues. Hopefully the rest of the burnished AGE Series will catch fire now.

It is only funny if you actually like losing money.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

It's the beauty of a glorified dent. Makes the variety one of a kind. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

These are interesting numbers to try and decipher...

Everything is going to be "out-of-the norm" because of the quarantine delay of non-deliverables that get returned to inventory. Mine is still stuck in the postal system return stream, and hasn't even made the Mint contractor's quarantine yet. It'll probably probably be the end of December...... Can they sell these after Dec 31st?

(l8-)>>

• coinman1212coinman1212 Posts: 5
    edited December 3, 2020 6:19PM

x

@Kliao said:
    So the numbers left are

The silver medal had at least 100 available on Sunday. They must have had a bunch of returns. I'm not surprised by the return of the 1/2 oz gold, not much flip potential there. I'm not surprised by the silver medal, limited flip profit. I am surprised that there would be any returns of the AGE or ASE, but they could have been cancellations.

@coinman1212 said:
    Looking for NYC local buyers for AGE/ASE 75s and others. Message if interested.

This should be in the BST forum not on the main boards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file