Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options

AGE was available for less than a second. I'm thinking only a single coin was available and it was snatched by a non-manual entity since I had it in my cart and refreshed as soon as it became available but it was gone in less than a second

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its incredible to think how many have put so much time and effort into these then yesterday was a breeze if only one was there.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw the ASE flip but when I hit the add to bag button it froze. Gone upon refresh.

• Options

The discrepancy in supposedly available coins vs apparent sales yesterday was so odd.

You lucky winners yesterday please keep us posted on when u get shipping notifications.

• Options
    ckeusackeusa Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    The discrepancy in supposedly available coins vs apparent sales yesterday was so odd.

You lucky winners yesterday please keep us posted on when u get shipping notifications.

This is precisely what has me nervous. Given the success rate here, there had to have been at least a couple dozen AGEs available yesterday. Based on the previous sales numbers, where did they come from?? As you note, it just doesn't make sense. I'm going to be very nervous until I see that shipping confirmation.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 8:17AM

@ckeusa said:

@Raufus said:

This is precisely what has me nervous. Given the success rate here, there had to have been at least a couple dozen AGEs available yesterday. Based on the previous sales numbers, where did they come from?? As you note, it just doesn't make sense. I'm going to be very nervous until I see that shipping confirmation.

Why must there be a couple dozen ? There were suppose to be 6. 5 confirmed orders here. We are the hard core, everyone else slept in on Sunday. I’m not nervous about my order. I have had the same information with the mint for over a decade (probably closer to two) including CC ( except to update expiration) many many orders why should this be different ? I paid for overnight I’ll let you know.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@ckeusa said:

@Raufus said:

Why must there be a couple dozen ? There were suppose to be 6. 5 confirmed orders here. We are the hard core, everyone else slept in on Sunday. I’m not nervous about my order. I have had the same information with the mint for over a decade (probably closer to two) including CC ( except to update expiration) many many orders why should this be different ? I paid for overnight I’ll let you know.

I'm sure it wasn't just folks on this forum who were trying.

The numbers for other items such as described above didn't make sense - 100+ medals for example.

Hopefully all the lucky buyers from yesterday will be set. Really an incredible opportunity yesterday. Didn't even have to be fast, just there. Amazing.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

My "couple dozen" comment was a VERY rough estimate, but I based it on the following:

• Many mornings when the AGEs have blipped for a second, nobody on this forum got one. This tells me that many other people/bots are out there purchasing them.
    • Other people on this forum got coins yesterday, but didn't post about it. I had a member message me privately noting that he got TWO yesterday.
    • There are surely lurkers who only look but never post.
    • The 7:30am cat is out of the bag, and others are aware of this.

Given all these factors, there had to have been quite a few coins available yesterday. I have no idea how many...Only that the amount surely exceeded the amount that should have been available based on sales figures. The fact that the AGE popped up again this morning for a split second makes me a bit more optimistic, but the question remains, where did all these coins come from?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@JimTyler said:

@ckeusa said:

@Raufus said:

I'm sure it wasn't just folks on this forum who were trying.

The numbers for other items such as described above didn't make sense - 100+ medals for example.

Hopefully all the lucky buyers from yesterday will be set. Really an incredible opportunity yesterday. Didn't even have to be fast, just there. Amazing.

I think the last count had 8 orders from people on this forum.

And, as Raufus indicated, the last sales numbers showed only 6 silver medals unsold and at least 100 popped up yesterday. Of course, returns and cancellations are more likely with the silver medals.

• Options

@ckeusa said:

@JimTyler said:

My "couple dozen" comment was a VERY rough estimate, but I based it on the following:

• Many mornings when the AGEs have blipped for a second, nobody on this forum got one. This tells me that many other people/bots are out there purchasing them.
    • Other people on this forum got coins yesterday, but didn't post about it. I had a member message me privately noting that he got TWO yesterday.

Given all these factors, there had to have been quite a few coins available yesterday. I have no idea how many...Only that the amount surely exceeded the amount that should have been available based on sales figures. The fact that the AGE popped up again this morning for a split second makes me a bit more optimistic, but the question remains, where did all these coins come from?

The one thing we've never known is exactly when the Mint books sales and when they credit returns/cancellations. It's possible that there were a number of 1st day "sales" that were still in limbo due to credit card or address problems and had not been credited as cancellations until this weekend.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Another possibility is that the Mint may hv accidently sold the AGE v75 pile reserved for return replacement?

Not the first time but can't recalled which recent issue had a final mintage slightly over the stated mintage.

• Options

Last time I checked my order before I took my dog for a walk this wasn’t there “ Method: UPS Next Day Air Sig Adult “ so the wheels are turning.

• Options

@ckeusa said:

@JimTyler said:

Someone got two yesterday!??. Wow. He got both himself or two different people in his home trying separately? If just him assuming he must have had two in carts in different accounts and was able to buy on both. Wow!!!!

• Options

@Sweetpie said:
    Another possibility is that the Mint may hv accidently sold the AGE v75 pile reserved for return replacement?

Not the first time but can't recalled which recent issue had a final mintage slightly over the stated mintage.

Is there any proof at all that they hold back any coins for return replacement?

I've read many posts of folks quickly returning limited items for replacement only to be refunded.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Last time I checked my order before I took my dog for a walk this wasn’t there “ Method: UPS Next Day Air Sig Adult “ so the wheels are turning.

Mine previously said: Method: Next Day
    Now it says the same as yours. (I paid for next day as well)

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Raufus
    When I said "return replacement", I meant replacing what was took from the product stock pile. Not customer exchange/replacement.

True on the refund only policy. My brief experience is that even after I change my mind 30 seconds after a cancellation (let alone a return). You have to start over the order processing again.

Would be interesting to see/heard what Coinweek /Mr. White have to say.

• Options

I realize this is likely an impossibly stupid question, but how do you check your order status with the Mint? Every single order I've ever placed spanning many years simply says "PROCESSING" under my order history. This never changes, and I surely don't see any shipping updates. When I click on the order number itself, it just goes back to the same order history page. I feel like such a noob even asking this, but I've never cared all that much about up-to-the-minute order status.

• Options
    edited November 30, 2020 10:29AM

@ckeusa said:
    I realize this is likely an impossibly stupid question, but how do you check your order status with the Mint? Every single order I've ever placed spanning many years simply says "PROCESSING" under my order history. This never changes, and I surely don't see any shipping updates. When I click on the order number itself, it just goes back to the same order history page. I feel like such a noob even asking this, but I've never cared all that much about up-to-the-minute order status.

There will be a tracking number. Change from processing to shipped about 10 hours later you get an email.
    I just got my tracking number

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ckeusa said:

I have only seen it in Processing until it says Shipped. You can call the phone number and get the canned response that everything looks good with no problems noted. Otherwise, it should change to Shipped once the Processing is done.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@Sweetpie said:

I've read many posts of folks quickly returning limited items for replacement only to be refunded.

Yes. The mint 10 to 20% over the mintage limit, typically. Google it, you'll probably find it. It's also in one of the Mint threads here.

• Options

@ckeusa said:

It does that sometimes. When it isn't doing that, you can see the real order history.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

I think I know where some of that inventory comes from...

I got kicked offline trying to order the v75 silver, I was forced to complete the transaction as a" guest" using a cell phone. The autocorrect function mispelled my shipping address (and billing address) street name. I knew they would cancel my order. I called the mint and asked, I was told that the order "would be cancelled".

I hung up and checked, "your order has shipped",... then "out for delivery"...then "delivery exception, cannot be delivered as addressed".

Fast forward to yesterday, I was able to complete an order....but wait, "household limit exceded". The returned order is stuck in limbo and will be quarantined for weeks until the mint "processes it", but because they associated it with my account (via email address and phone number) it's associated with my household limit. At any rate it will likely be a few more weeks until the quarantined return item is processed and made available as inventory and maybe available for order fullfillment.

All of this after the mint cancelled an order last year because of the lack of a middle inital on the credit card account used many times in the past.

Could be awhile until full formal "sold out".

(l8-)>>

• Options
    edited November 30, 2020 10:34AM

My AGE order from yesterday now shows as today’s date as shipped on the mint website with a tracking number!!!
    Status still shows: “Processing”
    No shipped email yet

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Yes-they show shipped with tracking! :o

• Options

@Raufus said:

@Sweetpie said:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/us-mint-oversells-gold-baseball-commemoratives.html

• Options

Congrats guys. Amazing, amazing score. Easily the best ever shot at one was yesterday.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got my shipping notice from the Mint. I also paid for fast shipping and it looks like i paid for a gift wrapping too. Glad to see there shipping these......Good luck to all of you.....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

Just got the shipped email! Wow. My order on the website...just like every order I've ever placed...still shows processing. I tried calling the Mint to see what was up with the website, but I kept getting disconnected. The Mint sure has their act together. LOL

• Options

Just got Shipment email. Still stunned!

• Options
    edited November 30, 2020 11:30AM

That’s my reverse proof from last year, my silver v75, and my gold v75

• Options

By comparison, here's what the website says for my orders...

• Options

@ckeusa that is just weird. I’ve not seen that issue before. I’d call the mint and see if that can be fixed.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ckeusa said:
    By comparison, here's what the website says for my orders...

>
    Yes, same issue here. I called the Mint about this glitch and they referred it to IT to fix, umpteen years ago. Nothing has changed:

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the ones that have shipped!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Kliao said:

We are all SO rooting for u that u get one.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

@Sweetpie said:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/us-mint-oversells-gold-baseball-commemoratives.html

They oversold per the article but is there any evidence they hold coins back for returns etc?

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

+1

Congrats!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@ckeusa said:

Curious, do u know how your friend was able to get 2 yesterday?

• Options

Thanks guys. :)

Collector

• Options
    edited November 30, 2020 1:12PM

@Raufus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

@Sweetpie said:

They oversold per the article but is there any evidence they hold coins back for returns etc?

It's right in the article. In that case, they had struck 250 more coins in case of returns. When they switched fulfillment services, that reserved overmintage accidentally got made live.

"The overproduction is executed when “demand indicates a potential sellout,” according to the TOIG investigation report.

In the case of the Baseball coins, the additional 250 coins were produced in August 2014. TOIG investigators learned that the extra quantity of the Baseball gold coins was maintained by Pitney Bowes/Novitex in Plainfield, Ind., as “do not sell” product, but in the transition, the overproduction was somehow recategorized from protected to “available for sale” and was distributed by PSFweb."

• Options

Collector

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

@Sweetpie said:

It's right in the article. In that case, they had struck 250 more coins in case of returns. When they switched fulfillment services, that reserved overmintage accidentally got made live.

"The overproduction is executed when “demand indicates a potential sellout,” according to the TOIG investigation report.

In the case of the Baseball coins, the additional 250 coins were produced in August 2014. TOIG investigators learned that the extra quantity of the Baseball gold coins was maintained by Pitney Bowes/Novitex in Plainfield, Ind., as “do not sell” product, but in the transition, the overproduction was somehow recategorized from protected to “available for sale” and was distributed by PSFweb."

Didn't catch that.

W such a big deal made out of the 1945 mintage wonder if they did that here.

The slabs even note the mintage.

• Options

@Dave_01 said:
    Amazing my AGE V75 shows shipped as well WOW im really going to get it finally!!

Kliao now its your turn my friend and whoever else still wants one GOOD LUCK to you all!!

what a crazy ride this has been

Congrats! So happy for u.

How was your experience buying it? Refreshing at 07:30, unavailable language goes away, rest easy w o a hitch?

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine still says processing. Ruh Roh.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 5:02PM

@Kliao said:
    I still have and AGE in my bag.

More than likely that's as far as your going to get, in the same boat. I had my chance on the morn of the 29th, ran down stairs to get my wallet for the security code on the back of th cc. I entered the 3 digit code correctly but wanted to be sure, big mistake, placed the order to find "item not available". Had I gone with my gut about the code I probably would've struck gold. Hopefully it goes "sold out" tomorrow, closing another chapter of modern fabricated rarities by the US Mint. The Barbara Bush unc version is available only 2k struck, maybe they struck 20 with the V75 privy mark, just sitting there on the shelf.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

@morgansforever said:

@Kliao said:
    I still have and AGE in my bag.

More than likely that's as far as your going to get, in the same boat. I had my chance on the morn of the 29th, ran down stairs to get my wallet for the security code on the back of th cc. I entered the 3 digit code correctly but wanted to be sure, big mistake, placed the order to find "item not available". Had I gone with my gut about the code I probably would've struck gold. Hopefully it goes "sold out" tomorrow, closing another chapter of modern fabricated rarities by the US Mint. The Barbara Bush unc version is available only 2k struck, maybe they struck 20 with the V75 privy mark, just sitting there on the shelf.

Never give up hope till it says sold out.

With the big round of sales yesterday, they wont be listed as sold out until the mint is sure that the none of them are gonna be returned so it might be another few weeks.

Good Luck!

Collector

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    My ASE shipped

But did it really ship?
    Mine processed for approximately 3 weeks and now after having been marked shipped for the last week is "waiting to be picked up." In other words the mint created a shipping label and has not bothered to ship anything.
    I do realize it was a holiday on Thursday but:
    The nightmare continues...
    It has been sold to a dealer since I bought it on the first day. I just want to rid myself of this relic of frustration once and for all!
    Rant over...for now 😆

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file