Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for you guys, I was right there, all of the stars were aligned, still came up empty, the way it has to be, not everyone can get one at issue price.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Just received an order confirmation. Is this real? I slept in and this is all a dream!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like to days was the day! And I slept through it! :'(:'(:'( Sees like 5 got it! Congrats

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to all hope your orders all go through.

Many happy BST transactions

@Kliao said:
    Seems like to days was the day! And I slept through it! :'(:'(:'( Sees like 5 got it! Congrats

You probably wouldn't have landed one anyway, like myself, that was at the ready and nothing.

• LMMLMM Posts: 92 ✭✭

I got the silver today but didn’t see the gold flip on my screen.

@morgansforever said:

@Kliao said:

You probably wouldn't have landed one anyway, like myself, that was at the ready and nothing.

This was probably the last batch that till ever get released as the sales number showed 6 left as of last Sunday. Unless if someone is stupid enough is to return it.

Collector

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    NOOOOOO! I accidently slept in! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭Congrats to the ones who got it

Sorry...but I had to laugh. You of all people...

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kliao said:

Sorry...but I had to laugh. You of all people...

This happened once with the ERP from last year but luckily that day it didn't release.

Collector

@Kliao said:

@morgansforever said:

@Kliao said:

This was probably the last batch that till ever get released as the sales number showed 6 left as of last Sunday. Unless if someone is stupid enough is to return it.

idk Like I said, there were supposedly only 6 silver medals available on Sunday but there were 100 available today.

And if 5 people on this board got the V75 gold, there had to be more than 6 available as we aren't the only ones shopping.

There also must have been a fair number of V75 silver available. I put one in my cart. Checked out. Was informed my household limit was exceeded. Logged into a different account. Put one in my cart. And still successfully checked out. Took 3 minutes or so.

Very interesting to see Tuesday's numbers.

edited November 29, 2020 6:02AM

The time it took me to get the security code off the back of the card and I didn't check the box on the 4th step, is what screwed me, don't deserve one anyway. Again, the way it has to be.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the erp last year on first day and remember the feeling well. Coin crack....very happy for those of you that got that feeling today

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

@Kliao said:

I thought of you the whole time. I seriously was hoping you got one too! Damn...😕

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

I thought of you the whole time. I seriously was hoping you got one too! Damn...😕

My alarm clock worked every other day! Why today! :'(

Collector

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

I would have rather missed the whole event than having one sitting in my cart for eternity.

edited November 29, 2020 6:33AM

@morgansforever said:

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

I would have rather missed the whole event than having one sitting in my cart for eternity.

Well one has been sitting in my cart for weeks!

Collector

edited November 29, 2020 6:46AM

{Well one has been sitting in my cart for weeks!}

Ugg, I couldn't believe it when I saw the add to bag, heart immediately began to race. Maybe I'll consider taking a screenshot, print it and sell it on Ebay.

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

It's nice to see the Mint go back to their original release time. Silver ASE's seemed to be available forever today.
    Do you think we'll see the AGE/ASE V75's changed to sold out this week?

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

@SONOMOSCA said:
    It's nice to see the Mint go back to their original release time. Silver ASE's seemed to be available forever today.

not a chance. They will wait at least 30 days on returns. They never flip them that quickly.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got an email from the Mint, circa 9AM, that the silver one is available????
    Guess what happened when I clicked on the link. ;)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@jmlanzaf said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

not a chance. They will wait at least 30 days on returns. They never flip them that quickly.

That's true, I didn't think of that. I presume they would like the final sales numbers to match the mintage/anniversary date of 1945 IF possible.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Golden Congrats to @Bullsitter @1tommy @CoinMeister @ckeusa @JimTyler !!! WOO HOO! Persistence paid off! I'm really happy for you guys...I pulled a @Kliao (yah, I slept in too)

Thank you, I almost missed it.
    I was watching ESPN, looked at the clock and it was 6:27. I logged in at 6:28 and was very lucky.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I slept in and missed all the excitement, Congrats to all!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

@Bullsitter said:

@Onastone said:
    Golden Congrats to @Bullsitter @1tommy @CoinMeister @ckeusa @JimTyler !!! WOO HOO! Persistence paid off! I'm really happy for you guys...I pulled a @Kliao (yah, I slept in too)

Thank you, I almost missed it.
    I was watching ESPN, looked at the clock and it was 6:27. I logged in at 6:28 and was very lucky.

Congrats to all!

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible. Congrats to all. Amazing!!!!!!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

How long was the gold and silver up? Sounds like a minute for the gold and several for the silver?

@Onastone said:

Thanks Onastone. Now I’m playing the wait and see/on pins and needles game that @Raufus played that Thursday when he lucked out. I’ve been doing like all of you guys. Up every morning pressing refresh. So I’m not at all any different than any of my fellow members. It just went through today. I am seriously concerned about getting it since the mint giveth and the mint can easily taketh away. So fingers are crossed.

@Raufus said:
    How long was the gold and silver up? Sounds like a minute for the gold and several for the silver?

Almost 5 minutes for the silver, inexplicably.

So how many do you guys think are left of the AGE V75??? I still can't believe I slept through the day that seems like I would have had the best chance.

Collector

@LMM said:
    I got the silver today but didn’t see the gold flip on my screen.

U were refreshing at exactly 0730 est and never saw gold?

@Raufus said:

I'd say about 10 to 15 seconds for the AGE. After completing checkout I went to my wish list and it was not available again but the ASE was up for multiple minutes.

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2020 9:02AM

I slept through it also this morning. I'm chasing the silver v75 so it's not as crushing as missing out of a possible gold one. Guess I'm getting up early tomorrow lol

Did all of u who got the gold go thru on the first try w o a snag?

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Raufus said:

I'd say about 10 to 15 seconds for the AGE. After completing checkout I went to my wish list and it was not available again but the ASE was up for multiple minutes.

Wow. So u got a gold as well?

@Raufus said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Raufus said:

Yes, only the AGE. To answer your other question above, surprisingly it did go through on the first try without any problems.

@Raufus said:
    Man I hope u get one Kliao. U definitely deserve one.

Thanks. I sure do hope so.

Collector

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

I decided not to set my alarm today. I was up every morning since release. It figures today was my chance. Oh well! Congrats to all. The gold age has been in cart a long time. Just was not to be.

@Raufus said:
    Did all of u who got the gold go thru on the first try w o a snag?

I didn’t see any snag this morning. It was seamless. I refreshed as I have every morning. At 06:30 CDT, I refreshed. The coin suddenly showed available. The rest was kind of a blur since I couldn’t believe it was open. I clicked the accept terms and place order. The processing screen appeared. (I’ve seen that many times so I was holding my breath). The next screen was “Thank you for your order”. So as a whole, the “process” this morning went w/o a snag.

Wow guys. What a day.

@Bullsitter said:
    When it flipped I had to add to bag, checkout went smooth, no burps at all, about 10 seconds.
    It was like I was buying a clad proof set.

You hit the exacta, adding to bag and completing checkout... that is impressive!
    A BIG Congrats to you!

@Dirt94 said:
    Congrats to all the lucky ones that got gold today! Persistence pays off!

+1

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Raufus said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Raufus said:

Yes, only the AGE. To answer your other question above, surprisingly it did go through on the first try without any problems.

"Only" the AGE - LOL.

Thsys your third Gold IIRC? Incredible

@Raufus said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Raufus said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Raufus said:

"Only" the AGE - LOL.

Thsys your third Gold IIRC? Incredible

That would be correct, incredible indeed! I still can't believe it.

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

For the silver ASE being up so long I wonder how many they had to sell. Only 10 were left last sales update. With this happening today at least we will see these numbers reflected on Tuesday mornings sales update.

@Dirt94 said:

Not always.

@morgansforever said:

@Dirt94 said:

Not always.

Hopefully you'll have another shot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file