Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    2021 product schedule have released. Looks like there's a 1/10 oz. gold American eagle 2 coin set, Silver eagle 2 coin set. Must be the set with the different reverses.

where do you see the 2021 schedule? checked the mint site and didn't see it there

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Kliao said:
    2021 product schedule have released. Looks like there's a 1/10 oz. gold American eagle 2 coin set, Silver eagle 2 coin set. Must be the set with the different reverses.

where do you see the 2021 schedule? checked the mint site and didn't see it there

>

You have to go into the mint store before you can see it. For some reason usmint.gov doesn’t work yet. Press on one of the other product schedules and try again then it should work.

Here’s the link anyways
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/2021/

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

20EH sold 6996 I thought for sure this would be short-struck.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Bittersweet seeing only 6 AGE V75’s left. As hope dwindles to a sellout, we may get our morning’s back until the next “big” item. But until that point, there are SIX left (or less since this number was based on 11/22)

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

@Kliao said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Kliao said:

>

You have to go into the mint store before you can see it. For some reason usmint.gov doesn’t work yet. Press on one of the other product schedules and try again then it should work.

Here’s the link anyways
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/product-schedule/2021/

you rule - thanks!

• Options

@CoinMeister said:
    Bittersweet seeing only 6 AGE V75’s left. As hope dwindles to a sellout, we may get our morning’s back until the next “big” item. But until that point, there are SIX left (or less since this number was based on 11/22)

I would be ok getting up early every day if it means that I will be able to get one. Chances are disappearing quickly. That sold out tag is coming soon :'(

• Options

and once sold out ... 💲📈👀

• Options
    edited November 24, 2020 8:07AM

@Kliao said:
    This could be the end of it and the mint could never release the last 6.
    Last year’s ERP numbers are 29,909 which should mean that there are 91 more coins left but it’s listed as sold out.

If they don’t sell all of the prescribed mintage, it would kinda kill the symbolism of 1,945, though.
    Edited to add: But the mint doesn’t exactly follow what is “prescribed”.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have given up on the AGE. I'm happy I was able to get an ASE V75.

Now you guys only have to beat out 389,999 other buyers! :D

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:
    Last year’s ERP numbers are 29,909 which should mean that there are 91 more coins left but it’s listed as sold out.

If they don’t sell all of the prescribed mintage, it would kinda kill the symbolism of 1,945, though.

The problem is they don't sell returns. And they can't mint after December 31st. So, if they didn't mint enough extras to cover any returns - if there were any - then there is little point in tooling up to mint 6 coins. That's probably why the ERP ended up at 29,909. It was also a late year release.

• Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

@Dollar2007 said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

If they do end it at 1,939 that’d be kind of an interesting mintage too though. That’s when the war started. So you'd have a start date mintage on a coin celebrating the end of the war.

Since the U.S. formally entered the war in 1941, I think the Mint should mint two more....so I can snag one :smiley:

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@eCoinquest said:

Since the U.S. formally entered the war in 1941, I think the Mint should mint two more....so I can snag one :smiley:

That’d be fine too. There’s a couple symbolic dates between current sales and 1,945. So we will see where they end up.

• Options
    edited November 24, 2020 10:44AM

@eCoinquest said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

If they do end it at 1,939 that’d be kind of an interesting mintage too though. That’s when the war started. So you'd have a start date mintage on a coin celebrating the end of the war.

Well, 2021 is the 80th anniversary of Pearl Harbor...

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@eCoinquest said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

Well, 2021 is the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor...

80th Anniversary-but I’m good with a couple more for that.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    still five or six left? so what you're saying is, we've got a chance! see ya'll in the morning.

Just set it up so you're woken up by one of the bots.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not over until 'Sold Out'

I'm in...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@CoinMeister said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@eCoinquest said:

@Dollar2007 said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

Well, 2021 is the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor...

80th Anniversary-but I’m good with a couple more for that.

Yes. Sorry. My fingers are faster than my brain.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2020 1:43PM

JeffM posted "Just set it up so you're woken up by one of the bots."

I think I might have to invest in one of those bots. How much do they cost?

• Options

@Tetromibi said:
    Just got grades, 69 on gold and 69 on silver.

Have one more silver that I think might actually have a struck-through thread error. It looks very similar to some w-cents with a similar error. Might send it off too.

Lets see the strike through!

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Tetromibi said:
    Just got grades, 69 on gold and 69 on silver.

Have one more silver that I think might actually have a struck-through thread error. It looks very similar to some w-cents with a similar error. Might send it off too.

Lets see the strike through!

It’s the big squiggle to the left of the E. There’s a ton of lint inside the holder, and I thought it was a piece of lint on the coin, but I keep going back to it and believe it’s part of the coin.

Possible it’s a scratch, and if it is an error it’s minor, but thought it was interesting either way.

• Options

Looks like a strike through to me.

• Options

Nothin today. System updated at 6:30

• Options

06:30 CST again today. AGE V75 didn’t flip

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

flipped at 0530 MST, one 24K gold coin and some mayflower items available

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big nada

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada with the 2 coin Silver Mayflower...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@jskillz95 said:
    flipped at 0530 MST, one 24K gold coin and some mayflower items available

This. Single digits on all of them: 8 of the 2 coin gold and 9 of the RP. Still available.

• Options

@ECHOES said:
    Nada with the 2 coin Silver Mayflower...

Still available in the UK. I'm betting that when the UK finally sells out (if ever), they will pop up over here.

• Options

no ASE's

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

$50 AGE was avail this morning. My script tripped but order was rejected.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn mine never tripped. What time?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:

Really?!? What time???

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

When?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

according to others this morning coins flashed available at 7:30 eastern. I didn't see any ASE's pop up and I was refreshing like a madman.

• Options

so reports indicate both ASE and AGE were available ? I was refreshing every second.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

As was i...on multiple independent platforms.

Didn't see the AGE glitch at all.

• Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

Prices seem to be heading south on the silver coin. EBay sales are in the 350 to 400 for sold WWII silver.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    My God, my ASE from the first hour of sales has finally shipped just now a full 20 days in processing! I really should get a special label for this. But, alas it is already sold.

>

I will stop whining now.

Congrats Dennis. I think you may hold the record for the longest shipping delay. My first day order took 12 days to ship.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will not disclose the exact log time but it was definitely there.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

I hope people are starting to get why the extreme antibot and antiscript measures the Mint took during the initial sale are quite necessary. Can you still get one against automated users? Sure. Do you have an equal chance? No. The constant whining and complaining about captcha and rate limiting and all the rest only hurts the average buyer in the end.

• Options

is the Mint offering refunds to those who paid $2600?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file