Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭

I sold my silver to @wondercoin as soon as I had a confirmation email. I'll let the pros deal with these.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

@valente151 said:

@wondercoin said:
    I thought each gold sale was “lighter” than I expected (and, hence, I am readjusting my personal valuations for each coin). As I said before, I thought the price realized on the silver at GC was spectacular.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin.

Just one thing I've been wondering... do you think eBay in particular might be overloaded with coins for sale that aren't in hand yet, and may never get in hand by the sellers, and just the law of supply and demand is keeping prices down on there until these listings dry up? Just wondering what percent of the coins are already in hands of collectors, and off the market, and once the listings reflect this, the prices also will rise further.

I would think anyone on eBay who failed to secure a coin would have canceled the listing already. If I buy a coin and they later cancel it, they would be on the hook for 3% of my purchase price in PayPal fees. You could gamble on the presale because you had a chance of getting the coin. But it would be foolish to keep gambling when you are scrambling to find one.

@Batman23 said:
    For those that have studied and followed the sale prices this whole time on the different venues. What is the best return on your money? I know it is all about timing and for those of us a couple weeks late in getting them in our hands we have to deal with the hand dealt. I had initially figured to submit on my own, hope for 70s and keep one and flip one for cost recovery. It is not cheap to submit and it will probably take a few extra weeks of "time" to get back for selling. Is one better off to sell a graded one later or a sealed box now? I know this is all speculation and a crap shoot but what are guys doing for best return?

Depends on the price differential. In general, if grading is slow, you will often miss the peak. There is a race among registry set types to score one early which usually causes a short-term overshoot in price before it settles in. But I would recommend not trying to time the peak.

You have a couple problems if you do:
    1. You don't know how long it will take you to get results from PCGS.
    2. You really don't know what the peak price is. If you overprice it early, you may not be able to sell it and the price will be sliding while you are holding. If you price it to move quickly, you may be under-pricing it relative to the peak.

If you are going to flip it. Decide what you are willing to settle for. Make a deal. Don't look back. Everyone always will say: if I had waited I week, I would have gotten $x more. They rarely say, gee if I had waited 4 weeks I would have gotten $Y less.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:

But, don’t quote me on any of this! 😆

Sorry, just had to quote you!!!!! :)

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

Are we giving up on trying to order in the mornings still? I'm chasing after an ASE. What are you chasing, if you are still chasing?

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chasing the little gold

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2020 3:46PM

Still trying for an AGE, Quite possibly impossible to get.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

In it to win it...you have a rep to uphold dude!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    Are we giving up on trying to order in the mornings still? I'm chasing after an ASE. What are you chasing, if you are still chasing?

I'm still chasing my confirmed order that is stuck in processing since DAY 1! Anybody else with me???

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

I'm still chasing my confirmed order that is stuck in processing since DAY 1! Anybody else with me???

Ouch! that sucks man. And I thought mine was late. It was frustrating watching everyone else get theirs while mine were still processing. By now, I can only imagine how frustrated/concerned you are. I had called and spoke with a mint rep two mornings in a row and got the all is good speech and I gave them the I'm so concerned speech. Then it changed over to shipped and sat there for several days. Hope yours changes to shipped soon!

@Mgarmy said:
    In it to win it...you have a rep to uphold dude!

Don't know if I'll be able to hold it this time. Might have to pass it to one of the ones that got it. But I'm not gonna stop till it says sold out! :)

Collector

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@RichR said:
    [[Well that PCGS PF 70 gold eagle sold for $15,600 on eBay. No last minute bids. Surprising.]]

PRICES ARE PLUNGING!!!!!

My low ball bid ($12,251) was actually much closer to the final amount than I thought it would be.

Yeah, my > @Onedollarnohollar said:

I’m chasing my neighbor’s daughter. Having the same luck as most of you chasing the AGE.

• Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@DCW said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Is it an ASE or AGE that you are still waiting for shipping on? That seems odd that it wouldn’t have shipped yet. My ASE I was able to order on the 7th shipped on the 11th and my AGE that I was finally able to order on the 20th shipped today the 23rd.

Saw that a person that posted in wondercoin’s BST thread got 3 gold.

BOTS!👿

Collector

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@DCW said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Is it an ASE or AGE that you are still waiting for shipping on? That seems odd that it wouldn’t have shipped yet. My ASE I was able to order on the 7th shipped on the 11th and my AGE that I was finally able to order on the 20th shipped today the 23rd.

It is an ASE that I ordered on the first day, first hour. 820xxxx. It is frustrating. Calling the mint is the pinnacle of frustration. They give you this spiel about "due to Covid-19 orders are delayed." She even gave me some fugazi tracking number she read off some cereal box!
    I dont know if the Mint could be run any more poorly.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:

@blu62vette said:

@JBK said:
    Just a thought...

Since the mint uses Eastern Time as their standard timezone, if people are posting times from other zones could they at the very least tell us what time zone they are in?

It gets very confusing at times.

I have never tried for these because I am in PST and my understanding is these normally happen 7:30ish EST. Which would be 4:30 for me.

I thought you got the gold, you had a picture of one.

I got blanked by the mint and bought coins in the aftermarket.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    [[Then again, I really should find something better to do before class than sit here refreshing from 7:20 until 7:50. LOL]]

In 1985, I used to sit in my high school cafeteria SMOKING...with teachers who I knew...ALSO SMOKING and drinking coffee before classes started.

And this was an elite school and this was totally fine. In fact, we had a cigarette vending machine, the old type with the pull knobs, right there in the cafeteria!

How times have changed.

Beyond OT but I used to shoot competitively (DCM Highgpower Bullseye) w an AR15. I kept the rifle at campus police. After a match cleaned it in my dorm and took it back to campus police. Thinking that wouldn't fly today. Times have most definitely changed.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@DCW said:

@Dirt94 said:

@DCW said:

It is an ASE that I ordered on the first day, first hour. 820xxxx. It is frustrating. Calling the mint is the pinnacle of frustration. They give you this spiel about "due to Covid-19 orders are delayed." She even gave me some fugazi tracking number she read off some cereal box!

I feel your pain. The customer service reps are just filled with lies. Nothing productive ever comes from that conversation of calling them. I wish you the best and hope that your coin ships soon.

@jmlanzaf said:

@ECHOES said:
    Nada with the Mayflower 2 coin set...

I do wonder whether there is some deal because of the UK joint issue. Very unusual for NONE to ever turn up.

Nothing to do with the original topic but one of the two coins in the gold set is UK and they've been back numerous times.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@DCW said:

@Dirt94 said:

@DCW said:

I feel your pain. The customer service reps are just filled with lies. Nothing productive ever comes from that conversation of calling them. I wish you the best and hope that your coin ships soon.

+1!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
    edited November 23, 2020 6:03PM

@valente151 said:

@wondercoin said:
    I thought each gold sale was “lighter” than I expected (and, hence, I am readjusting my personal valuations for each coin). As I said before, I thought the price realized on the silver at GC was spectacular.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin.

Just one thing I've been wondering... do you think eBay in particular might be overloaded with coins for sale that aren't in hand yet, and may never get in hand by the sellers, and just the law of supply and demand is keeping prices down on there until these listings dry up? Just wondering what percent of the coins are already in hands of collectors, and off the market, and once the listings reflect this, the prices also will rise further.

My thinking as well. In the end most will end up in tight collector hands. Thus. I think prices will remain very strong. > @wondercoin said:

Valente151... that is the “$64,000” question.

I know one or two folks who defied the odds, won a coin for $2600, won the grading game and got a 70 grade and they are looking to cash in their chips. Others who lost the grading game may now have a 69 coin worth equal or a bit less than their sealed coin was worth. They are also looking to cash in their chips. They enjoyed close to a 4000%-5000%+ annualized return on their $2600 spent. Is there a sound reason of turning a 4000%-5000%+ annualized return in hand now into a 1000% annualized return by holding the coin much, much longer to squeeze out a few thousand dollars extra? But, at the same time risking much of the 4000%-5000%+ annualized return in the process if prices go the other way or a lot of time passes? I welcome the pro gamblers to chime in here. 😝

Wondercoin

Thing is many, like me, who were lucky enough to score from the Mint just want them for our collections. The return thus being irrelevant other than the value adding to the enjoyment of the coin.

edited November 23, 2020 6:09PM

@wondercoin said:
    “I still have a hard time understanding so much premium and premium difference for a label. I have read the FS requirements on the PCGS site but I can't find the FDOI information. What makes one more special than the other?”

Batman23... FDI inserts require extra steps to secure them from PCGS and most importantly, have a cut off date on when no additional coins can be graded FDI (which has passed). FS has the longer (30) day cutoff, but can be graded, in theory, forever if PCGS is presented a sealed box. Historically, the FDI has brought a higher price than FS in most cases. The price differences vary greatly from series to series.

But, don’t quote me on any of this! 😆

Wondercoin

Sorry for another post but no one got one on the FDOI (none at Mint kiosk) so I just don't get it. Of course, First Strike isn't first struck either. For whatever reason enough folks like them to yield a premium. I can understand the logic that FS are only submitted once and not 69s resubmitted bit First Day when no one got any first day alludes me.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ECHOES said:

I do wonder whether there is some deal because of the UK joint issue. Very unusual for NONE to ever turn up.

Nothing to do with the original topic but one of the two coins in the gold set is UK and they've been back numerous times.

The British gold set completely sold out shortly after it went on sale. The silver set is still available there.

@Raufus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ECHOES said:

I know. But those were sold out in the UK while the silver wasn't. Like I said, it's just a wild hypothesis. It's very unusual for them to never pop up. There's almost always a few credit card problems.

See you in the AM... :#

Tomorrow is the day boys!

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Saw that a person that posted in wondercoin’s BST thread got 3 gold.

BOTS!👿

At least they claim they only sold them for $1000 profit each.

• jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

@jskillz95 said:
    Jerseyralph,

I use a site called 130point and then hit the sales tab. will allow you to put in the ebay listing to see the Best Offer Accepted Price.

https://130point.com/sales/

Thanks for the suggested website. It works well on my PC. I haven't figured out how to make it work on my IPhone, but as long as I have one way of checking it, I am fine.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.

hasta manana senors y senoras

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2020 11:17PM

Raufus... send you phone number. I’ll give you the 1 hour extended “pro version” analysis.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

OT Snowing here...

System update at 6:30. No AGE release. At least they got back to normal time.....

Collector

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

The 20EH flipped at 06:30 CDT. Gone already. No flip on the V75 AGE.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

7 mayflower gold available

• jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

flipped at 0530 MST. I moved too slow on the item I was seeking during checkout because I was stunned by the magical "add to bag" red button....was not able to checkout fast enough.

edited November 24, 2020 5:36AM

2021 product schedule have released. Looks like there's a 1/10 oz. gold American eagle 2 coin set, Silver eagle 2 coin set. Must be the set with the different reverses.

Collector

@ECHOES said:
    OT Snowing here...

Just noticed. It snowed here for me too.

Collector

Wife got the age to flip at 7:30 but would not let it add to cart

did not see any ASE's become available this morning

Nothing with Silver 2 coin Mayflower...

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

Then someone got lucky (wasn’t me either)

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

@CoinMeister said:

@Mgarmy said:

Then someone got lucky (wasn’t me either)

I never saw it flip. We’ll see what the sales figures are today.

Collector

edited November 24, 2020 6:01AM

AS OF 11/15/20
    Special Collectibles 20XE 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ GLD PRF W/PRIVY MARK 1,912
    Special Collectibles 20XF 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ SLV PRF W/PRIVY MARK 74,967
    Special Collectibles 20XG 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII 24K 1/2 OZ GOLD PROOF 7,443
    Special Collectibles 20XH 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII 1 OZ SILVER MEDAL 19,972

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2020 6:04AM

Anxious to see how many are left when the latest sales report drops.

I stand corrected...

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    I stand corrected... :o

• WALLEWALLE Posts: 247 ✭✭✭✭

AS OF 11/22/20
    Special Collectibles 20XE 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ GLD PRF W/PRIVY MARK 1,939
    Special Collectibles 20XF 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII AE 1 OZ SLV PRF W/PRIVY MARK 74,990
    Special Collectibles 20XG 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII 24K 1/2 OZ GOLD PROOF 7,494
    Special Collectibles 20XH 2020 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE END OF WWII 1 OZ SILVER MEDAL 19,994

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    2021 product schedule have released. Looks like there's a 1/10 oz. gold American eagle 2 coin set, Silver eagle 2 coin set. Must be the set with the different reverses.

where do you see the 2021 schedule? checked the mint site and didn't see it there

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file