Took me a minute...

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭

@jkrk said:

@air4mdc said:

@dpoole said:

@ms70 said:
    So if that plane is flying at 1mph UNDER the speed of sound, and you run from the back to the front at 3mph, are you breaking the sound barrier OR being the first to travel faster than sound WITHOUT breaking the sound barrier?

This was the sort of post that would have led to six months of rejoinders back in the old Open Forum days. :)

What if you were in the aisle of the plane and jumped up in the air......would you be slammed into the cockpit door?

Since the virus hit I have been sheltering in place. They barely let me go outside.

Can you refresh my memory and tell me what a plane is?

Your better off not knowing IMO. I’ve played with jets forty hours a week for 26 years and I can’t wait for the day I can ask your question. Hopefully next year:)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
    "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

My mother taught me GENETICS.
    "You're just like your father."

My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
    "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

• Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭✭

@air4mdc said:

@jkrk said:

@air4mdc said:

@dpoole said:

@ms70 said:
    So if that plane is flying at 1mph UNDER the speed of sound, and you run from the back to the front at 3mph, are you breaking the sound barrier OR being the first to travel faster than sound WITHOUT breaking the sound barrier?

This was the sort of post that would have led to six months of rejoinders back in the old Open Forum days. :)

What if you were in the aisle of the plane and jumped up in the air......would you be slammed into the cockpit door?

Since the virus hit I have been sheltering in place. They barely let me go outside.

Can you refresh my memory and tell me what a plane is?

Your better off not knowing IMO. I’ve played with jets forty hours a week for 26 years and I can’t wait for the day I can ask your question. Hopefully next year:)

The time will go relatively quick and you'll probably yearn for the past.

I still remember the stewardesses of my youth.

• Options
    RonBRonB Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collector of Classic US Coins
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick - I laughed so hard I cried!!!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jest in Time
    1928: How they filmed and recorded MGM's opening credits... and I'm not lion!

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HashTagHashTag Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020 6:14PM

Who and how can kill a thread? The “little humor” died of COVID weeks ago.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file