edited September 15, 2022 4:16AM

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coin_nut1977
    Very nice haul! Your Marsh-Billings looks in nice circulated condition and should command a nice price!

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    @Coin_nut1977
    Very nice haul! Your Marsh-Billings looks in nice circulated condition and should command a nice price!

I think I have 10 of the MBR.

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭✭

At long last I've found a 1962P nickel...the last one I was needing to have all of them from 1960-present...except for those elusive 2009's...I don't know if they'll ever show up... :(

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

What am I looking at on this quarter? What is special about it?
    Thanks,
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

@milbroco said:
    Thanks,
    Bob

What your looking at is in the picture! Think about it? Finding it while CRH. Thats what's special.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one was interesting. It really jumped out at me. Looks like some type of stick on or paint on holograph.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2022 11:55PM

I pulled this from CRHunting dollar rolls.
    Is this legit or some sort of gimmick coin?
    It certainly looks to be a Presidential Dollar? What do you guys think?
    Thanks

:*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    I pulled this from CRHunting dollar rolls.
    Is this legit or some sort of gimmick coin?
    It certainly looks to be a Presidential Dollar? What do you guys think?
    Thanks

:*

It is what it says it is. "Private Issue Medal" Not a coin or anything pretending to be a coin. You got ripped off. I don't think it is worth anything, but may be to a medal collector, perhaps?

• Options

@milbroco said:
    Thanks,
    Bob

Die cud on right rim.

• Options
    CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2022 5:03AM

@joeykoins said:

I'd just use it as a place holder for that annoying empty hole in my presidential dollars folder...

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:
    This one was interesting. It really jumped out at me. Looks like some type of stick on or paint on holograph.

congratz, i think you've posted the FIRST coin i've seen here on the boards that looks like it is POSSESSED!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

rec78 - Thanks. I probably should have know that by now.
    Thanks again,
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

• Options

7 enders, 1 of them was a double. Most likely a good box

• Options

Good Luck, everyone!

;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Got 70 quarter rolls (I hit another fresh box) and 10 cent rolls. Here is my last W find from the earlier box, 2019 Guam

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu... I see a Texas quarter there.... been looking for one of those....No sign of them here in the Northeast. I should get a box from the bank. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Next Hunt...

10 - Customer Wrapped Rolls
    10 - Bank Rolls
    500 - single dollars
    Let's GO...

Silver & Stars?

• Options

@ricko
    Hey Ricko, as I search through rolls, I do cherry-pick State Quarters and put in tubes, if you like I can look through my coins and ship to you a Texas if you don't mind a circulated D-mint. Let me know and I'll proceed. Joe

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360... Thank you very much. A circulated D mint would be fine.... Just want a Texas quarter since I lived there a few years. Cheers, RickO

• Options

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @Kurisu... I see a Texas quarter there.... been looking for one of those....No sign of them here in the Northeast. I should get a box from the bank. Cheers, RickO

You see two solid rolls of Texas quarters, Mint rolls P & D :blush:
    I've now got these and a few vendor rolls as well...I'll let you know when they get opened.
    Happy to send you a couple beauties!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@ricko
    @Kurisu

Hi Kurisu, If you can provide UNC beauties, I'll left you take the lead, all of mine are circulated. Thanks Joe

• Options
    edited September 17, 2022 12:41AM

The Dollar search!
    2 - Finds
    One repeater/radar

One Star
    The Duplicate "B" 2013

Not sure if my Dollar qualifies?

https://www.mycurrencycollection.com/blog/1-2013-new-york-duplicate-serial-number-mistake
    Next,
    The Quarter Rolls.
    Thanks
    The 6th Roll of 20.

#148 W

2020W Weir Farm V75

So far, very good Hunt!
    As for the rest...
    Nothing!

The End

• Options

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Two stops today, one bag before the three interestingly looking boxes because they all have fives on them :D

I went back and the bank had two more boxes with the fives on them for a total of 5. Some of the rolls were just incredible but my cell pics do no justice so I’ll post pics once truviews are ready. 4 to 5 months

You can easily pick out the 2005 PL in low light.

Lights on

Lights off

• Options

This weeks half dollar finds. (2 Boxes) All the coins shown were found in the first box.

The 1957-D Franklyn half was found in the first roll right along side the 1972-D No FG
    Three 40% Kennedy's all 1968-D
    An Obama sticker coin.
    A 2002-S Proof
    My first 2022-P half dollar

A weird 1974 half with a possible planchet flaw cut at 2 O'clock.
    I have never seen anything like this. The reeding is in the cutout part. At first I thought this was PMD, but now I am not so sure. What do you think- Planchet flaw or PMD somehow?.

• Options

@rec78 said:
    I have never seen anything like this. The reeding is in the cutout part. At first I thought this was PMD, but now I am not so sure. What do you think- Planchet flaw or PMD somehow?.

Leaning towards the PMD... @ErrorsOnCoins ?

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Doing some dimes today @Coinscratch !
    Did a few customer dime rolls last night.
    I was all excited because of this green dime wrapper I've never seen before...seemed vintage.
    Doh! All modern...but this one beauty was in there :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

@rec78 said:

Leaning towards the PMD... @ErrorsOnCoins ?

It's PMD. Probably someone filed the coin there. Can't be a planchet flaw as it would have to have happened before striking and there is metal movement that occurred post-strike.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to finish my dimes and reup @Kurisu

• Options

Just started another Quarter Box!

• Options

Hi, I found this many, many years ago while coin role searching. Just thought I would share it here.
    A 1941 slant one Lincoln cent. Most likely PMD?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2022 5:53AM

Yup PMD. The number one was hit by another coin at the perfect spot to move it. Kinda neat to see though.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Kliao said:
    Yup PMD. The number one was hit by another coin at the perfect spot to move it. Kinda neat to see though.

agree.

the original 1 placement is still pretty strong.

i've seen (some have been posted here over the years too) several in-hand for different denoms. mostly copper and silver.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

shooo wee, this one stopped me in my tracks. thought i had an amazing error!

• Options
    edited September 18, 2022 9:35AM

How it's going...
    @Coinscratch and crew...

Was opening a few regular Loomis dimes, as a warm up :blush: to some fresh MS rolls and my "white glove" searching.
    One of them just had schmootzy enders and turned out to be a solid roll of 2022 D...a spectacular roll of super fresh 2022 D :smiley:
    With the white glove searches I'm way more tidy about getting them out of the rolls, which is why this one was opened a bit more casually at first lol.

I got about 6 keepers out of it, also lots of beautifully untouched that were in awful die states unfortunately.
    1 is a potential 67+ or 68 in my eyes! Not pictured, yet.

Phot is about half way through the roll, I'd say these take me easily 20 minutes a roll when they're this nice :smile:
    Blow up the photos and take a look!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited September 18, 2022 12:29PM

My first Indian in a Loomis in probably a couple years!
    More matching finger feeder scrapes. Forehead, mouth, & back of head.

Coins are Neato!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file