Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@joeykoins said:

Nice finds!
    However, instead of the "Leaky Bucket" I think the " Doubled Pump Handle" is the key variety?
    :)

Yes, this is the one.

Well, I would like it to be that one, but you find what you find. I do look for that one, but have not found one yet.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Halfway through those 3 boxes and am finding exactly what I'm always looking for, oddly :) Also oddly, all 5 of the different type paper rolls that all have 5 on them came from the same source so, I'm not sure if the bank marked them or the depositor. All of the rolls were loaded the same direction (face up) yet each roll has 5 or 6 high quality coins a collector would not throw back, albeit most of the nice ones have either marks or spots...but not all.

Halfway mark finalists.

• Options

@kurisu Looks tasty! Let us know what you find.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

About to dig in...

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

that $500 gobbled me up, spit me out and didn't even have the decency to burp afterwards...

i've been doing better getting $150-180 at a time.

happy i tried though. never know til ya try.

anyone do the $1000 quarter bags? over 50lbs. yay

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    edited September 12, 2022 1:49PM

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    that $500 gobbled me up, spit me out and didn't even have the decency to burp afterwards...

I did once! Not the quarter bags but the half bag.
    Only 2 40%'ers.
    :D

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@joeykoins said:

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

I did once! Not the quarter bags but the half bag.
    Only 2 40%'ers.

any unc or ish good dates?

i think i botched up an opportunity when i started-ish back up recently. first day at the bank they had a bunch of halves and i just got a few rolls and some quarters but the halves had some decent 82pd 83pd unc to unc+ coins and i wasn't on my A-game, so i just fiddled around and figured there'd be more when i went back the next day. WRONG!

even at just $5 each is a 10x on investment and they can go for way over that if the condition merits. if the other rolls had about the same average, there could have been easily several hundred in profit just sitting there in the rolls, now gone forever. wahhhh

actually, now i think about it, i think i already commented about this as the teller was on vacation the next day! i asked the ladies if they could access her station safe but to no avail.

cest la vie

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:
    any unc or ish good dates?

No, if I recall?
    :*

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

While driving out of the bank parking lot today, one of the tellers ran out and said: wait!.........we found some more in the back.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just trying to capture the actual colors for you all :smiley:
    Because they are fun!
    Had to trick the camera's meter by taking a pic in front of my monitor...this pic is honestly pretty accurate but the area near the bottom of his bust is actually more of a bright green than a yellow...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

After 25th Roll

#147 W

2019W Lowell

Thanks

• Options
    Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

I did one bag and got two West Points and a Cud Error

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2022 10:32AM

Papa's got a brand new bag...!!! After struggle to get 29 rolls last week, just walked into a new box, but it broke so they gave me a bag!!

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    Papa's got a brand new bag...!!! After struggle to get 29 rolls last week, just walked into a new box, but it broke so they gave me a bag!!

From one Joe to another...

Let's GO!

• Options

A little search, some fun stuff...

Little bit off center

A VERY impaired proof

When I see a rainbow like that starting to happen it goes right in my "toner box" which is an old Whitman cardboard 2x2 box. The coin first gets lovingly enveloped in piece of coin roll paper, preferably the construction paper type :blush:
    Many years later, I will check on it's progress :smiley:

Someone plated this SBA in rose gold. They did such a good job that it still has a ton of luster on both sides.
    Also, I like it, a lot...we need more rose gold coins!!!
    Did you know the mint did actually make a rose gold coin? https://www.usmint.gov/coins/coin-medal-programs/commemorative-coins/breast-cancer-awareness-gold

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@joeykoins said:

Which One?

Is the better conditioned one?

there is a reason pros use cameras and not microscopes to post images of coins for others to view. ;)

At some point the scope needs the camera.
    Just a thought !

• Options

2 Finds in my Quarter box.
    What do ya know, SILVER, by golly!
    1964p

Plus,
    An awful strange one!
    Not the 2008 Alaska "Extra Claw" but, something quite different.

An Extra Iceberg?

I started a whole new thread on this with more pictures!
    What's up with the Gold?
    :*

• Options

glad you all are finding neat stuff!

i apparently, live in the quarter coin variety oasis...

• Options

Fellow CRH'ers.
    Seems like most of the good quarter error coins are P-mints. Can you provide a few of the best D-mints to look for please?
    That's mostly what I get (CA). Thanks in advance, Joe

• Options

@joe_360 Seems like most all errors and varieties come from Philly. Might be something in the water.
    1976 D 25C DDO

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    This could be interesting:
    At the BofA today and only teller had quarter rolls - The women in front of her/me has many transactions - We started to talk and she asked if I was "looking for quarters", which I replied, "Yes" - She said, "I just turned in $2000 in quarters"

I asked her if she searches them and she replied, no, I own businesses and have no time to search, I just roll them.
    I told her that I would like to keep in touch with her and see if we could arrange something in the future - She gave me her business card, she says that she turns in $2000 to $2500 unsearched quarters, once a month.

Could be interesting, thoughts?

Hope you have luck the way I just did!

• Options

@Coinscratch ,
    Thanks for the info Bud, I have save a lot of those never understanding why... I do some homework and see if I strike oil!
    Joe

• Options

Another strike, roll #16 from the bag, back to W 2019

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    At the BofA today and only one teller had quarter rolls - The women in front of her/me has many transactions - We started to talk and she asked if I was "looking for quarters", which I replied, "Yes" - She said, "I just turned in $2000 in quarters"

I asked her if she searches them and she replied, no, I own businesses and have no time to search, I just roll them.
    I told her that I would like to keep in touch with her and see if we could arrange something in the future - She gave me her business card, she says that she turns in $2000 to $2500 unsearched quarters, once a month.

What'd she look like?

• Options

@joeykoins Score Town!

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

@Joe_360 said:
    At the BofA today and only one teller had quarter rolls - The women in front of her/me has many transactions - We started to talk and she asked if I was "looking for quarters", which I replied, "Yes" - She said, "I just turned in $2000 in quarters"

What'd she look like?

@Coinscratch said:

@Joe_360 said:

What'd she look like?

Short, mid-40's maybe +, pleasant, she had her back to me most of the time, but from her profile, nice rack...

• Options

@JoeyCoins
    I would still be crying in disbelief and happiness. Congratulations!!!

Completion Summary: 9 Walkers & 11 Franklins!
    29 90%
    3 40%

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Look at this guys!
    29 90%
    3 40%
    WoW!!!

Great!!!!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited September 14, 2022 6:54PM

@Joe_360 said:
    Fellow CRH'ers.
    Seems like most of the good quarter error coins are P-mints. Can you provide a few of the best D-mints to look for please?
    That's mostly what I get (CA). Thanks in advance, Joe

I often do quick refreshers when I switch denominations

http://www.varietyvista.com/

Use our host's price guide and mouse over the year column while scrolling down the page and take a peek at the ones that change to yellow. I'm making no assumptions about your existing skills with the site :blush:https://www.pcgs.com/prices/detail/washington-america-beautiful-quarters/1715/most-active

And then here's the kind of strange thing I might do too... a search like this on ebay https://www.ebay.com/sch/524/i.html?_from=R40&amp;_nkw=denver&amp;Coin=State%20Quarter&amp;rt=nc&amp;Certification=PCGS&amp;_dcat=524

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

After reading a lot of this thread, I decided to go to the bank and I bought the only rolls of halves they had. It was $120.00 for the 12 rolls. I ended up getting everything in the attached picture.............yup nothing. I am sure it was a hunter that turned them in . Oh well. I am going to keep trying.
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

@milbroco said:
    After reading a lot of this thread, I decided to go to the bank and I bought the only rolls of halves they had. It was $120.00 for the 12 rolls. I ended up getting everything in the attached picture.............yup nothing. I am sure it was a hunter that turned them in . Oh well. I am going to keep trying.
    Bob

You get an A+ for effort!
    I average about 13 rolls per cool find :smiley:
    So keep going...!!!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

I am going to open accounts at a few banks so I can go in and get rolls from each one.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

@milbroco said:
    I am going to open accounts at a few banks so I can go in and get rolls from each one.

I've already done that. Good idea!

• Options
    edited September 14, 2022 11:54PM

@Joe_360 said:

I would make it as easy as possible for her. Offer to go to her business and pick them up. Arrange a schedule and come at the same time every month or week if possible. Quarters are good and fun to hunt. And maybe if she has other denominations, you may be able to get them also. A lot of banks want quarters and are short a lot of times. Almost any bank will take them and will be happy that you brought them in. Have a separate deposit branch where you do not get coins at, so you don't have to search them again. Hope it works out for you. If you have the $2500 to float as it will be used constantly.

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Look at this guys!

UNBELIEVABLE.

It's official Joeykoins-YOU SUCK!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file