Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Husker73Husker73 Posts: 35 ✭✭

Shipping on a box of new quarters would be huge? Wouldn’t it?

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Husker73 said:
    Shipping on a box of new quarters would be huge? Wouldn’t it?

That's why you get a Large FLAT RATE shipping box from the USPS - their boxes are free to order on the USPS website. A USPS Large Flat rate shipping box is around 20$ to mail - as long as your items weigh under 70 pounds. I will take 2 boxes and cut one to fit in the other for added strength. So to answer your question - NO, shipping will not be huge when you are pocketing over 200$ for basically doing nothing

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

First for March, 3/6 Find

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Husker73 said:
    Went to my bank yesterday to get some quarters to search. All they had was the new 2022 Maya ones. Since there would not be any Ws or silver in the box I didn’t get it. But when I read about the people on here searches they seem to want to find the new ones? What if anything am I missing about the new quarters?

Just check Ebay.
    You'll see what these NEW 2022's are worth, according to certain seekers.
    Such as me. One dealer I know, is willing to give me $13 per roll. Most are willing to pay even more.
    ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@Husker73 said:
    Went to my bank yesterday to get some quarters to search. All they had was the new 2022 Maya ones. Since there would not be any Ws or silver in the box I didn’t get it. But when I read about the people on here searches they seem to want to find the new ones? What if anything am I missing about the new quarters?

Just check Ebay.
    You'll see what these NEW 2022's are worth, according to certain seekers.
    Such as me. One dealer I know, is willing to give me $13 per roll. Most are willing to pay even more.
    ;)

Is it just a race to find high grades or is there something else going on?

Here, let me answer my own question. Better yet let’s have Blue Ridge do it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25P83pbxI88

Come now @Coinscratch - your finger nails look prettier than them coins ! :D:D:D

@Steven59 said:
    Come now @Coinscratch - your finger nails look prettier than them coins ! :D:D:D

Those aren’t my finger nails :D

edited March 6, 2022 10:53PM

Finishing my HOT BOX!

#104 W

2019 W Memorial

The 3rd W in this box!

Last 3 Rolls left!

Can we squeeze one more SPECIAL coin out?
    :*

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Nothing more. What a fantastic Quarter Box.
    Let's Start the Cent Box!

Stoppers on the Cent box.

75 more Quarter Rolls

#105 W?

Clad Toner

B)<3B)

Joey, have you been to the eye doctor lately :D:D:D
    Talk about a blind date :D:D:D
    How old is she? 101 but she has a lovely color :D:D:D
    Sorry couldn't resist, better luck next time box :)

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd do a morning coffee update rather than just post a search result...

I'm still seeing pretty much zero Maya's here in Denver lol.

So I broke down...
    have a connection in NY...just ordered a nice handful of solid Maya Loomis rolls from her (she ended up with a whole box!) I'm envious...but now I get to participate :smiley:
    I'll definitely post them when they arrive and when I start opening them...

At the same time I just scored some "genuine" vintage wheat penny rolls! Been a while since I ordered a batch...they are about a dozen rolls probably made in the 70's of what seem to be basically unsearched wheats. Many excellent finds have been happening with them. There is nothing suspicious about them and I had some excellent communication with the seller as well, and made an offer for a bunch of his rolls because of the good vibe I was getting. I got the rolls for less than $15 each and I'm sooooo excited!

I could use some encouragement :blush: I am still dealing with (14th month now) with the serious effect of my Covid long-haul issues but also still SLOWLY improving in many ways as well. Hoping to get down to Colorado Springs tomorrow and Saturday for the National Money Show and bump into some folks from the forum(s)...
    Mainly, please encourage me to make some new videos opening these rolls!!! It's been a real challenge for the last year for a bunch of reasons.

• Much love for all you CRHunters!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu ... Good luck with the Maya's and cents. Be sure to post a show report from the Money Show. Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2022 1:08PM

@Kurisu
    Hope to see pictorial reports along with what’s hot and what's not from those who attend.
    Thanks
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

@Kurisu Make some more cool videos soon. I've been so busy at work the past few weeks I've barely had a chance to even look at coins. Okay, not completely just barely :) Glad to hear your getting better man I'll be praying for you o:)

@Kurisu said

Aw man, did not know about your illness!
    Hope you're feeling better, dude. Good Luck in your rolls and videos.
    :)

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu

So I broke down...
    have a connection in NY...just ordered a nice handful of solid Maya Loomis rolls from her (she ended up with a whole box!) I'm envious...but now I get to participate :smiley:

At the same time I just scored some "genuine" vintage wheat penny rolls! Been a while since I ordered a batch...they are about a dozen rolls probably made in the 70's of what seem to be basically unsearched wheats. Many excellent finds have been happening with them. There is nothing suspicious about them and I had some excellent communication with the seller as well, and made an offer for a bunch of his rolls because of the good vibe I was getting. I got the rolls for less than $15 each and I'm sooooo excited!

I could use some encouragement :blush: I am still dealing with (14th month now) with the serious effect of my Covid long-haul issues but also still SLOWLY improving in many ways as well. Hoping to get down to Colorado Springs tomorrow and Saturday for the National Money Show and bump into some folks from the forum(s)...
    Mainly, please encourage me to make some new videos opening these rolls!!! It's been a real challenge for the last year for a bunch of reasons.

Hi Kurisu,
    I have about 10 Denver Maya's roll if you are interested PM me, that all I'm getting at the moment...

@Joe_360 said:
    @Kurisu

So I broke down...

Hi Kurisu,
    I have about 10 Denver Maya's roll if you are interested PM me, that all I'm getting at the moment...

Wonderful offer thank you!...I'll let you know. I may be craving more of them after the one's I'm waiting for arrive :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

@joeykoins said:

@Kurisu said

Aw man, did not know about your illness!
    Hope you're feeling better, dude. Good Luck in your rolls and videos.
    :)

Thank you sir!!! Yeah...I don't talk about it much unless it comes up in a very relevant way. In a weird way I actually avoid talking about it because I feel like I'm whining lol. I know that's not quite true but it's not like anything I've ever had to battle through before...

I appreciate the support here and the community more than I can say :smiley: It all means quite a bit to me.

Coins are Neato!

Came home with a dozen today...Happy Thursday it's my Friday! :smiley:
    W-ish me luck!!!

Sun came out just as I took photos in the bank parking lot on my way home :smiley: Even though it was about 20 degrees all day today.

Coins are Neato!

@Kurisu said:
    Came home with a dozen today...Happy Thursday it's my Friday! :smiley:
    W-ish me luck!!!

Sun came out just as I took photos in the bank parking lot on my way home

Hey, Get dem "W's"!
    That one photo you took even looks like a W!
    :D

• CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck @Kurisu!

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

400 Chances!

I like your chances on this one Joey, Franklin possibly a Walker :)

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Varieties?
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Skunks!
    :#

400 rolls and skunked!! That is why I stopped searching rolls of halves.... over and over, nothing. One WLH in about a hundred rolls... and no other silver. Discouraging. Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    400 rolls and skunked!! That is why I stopped searching rolls of halves.... over and over, nothing. One WLH in about a hundred rolls... and no other silver. Discouraging. Cheers, RickO

20 rolls with 400 coins not 400 rolls with 8,000 coins. I rarely search halves but I think if I did I would still search the home rolled wraps. The odds of hitting a stash are far greater even when considering most of your searches WILL be previously searched rolls.

@Coinscratch.... I agree, and actually, the roll I found the WLH in, was a home wrapped roll.... Cheers, RickO

Just thought I'd let everyone know I posted a huge report and tons of photos of my adventure yesterday to the 2022 National Money Show :smiley:
    It includes my moment of walking up to a table as a guy bought a couple penny rolls from someone and I immediately bought them lol...
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/13195825/#Comment_13195825

Coins are Neato!

@ricko said:
    @Coinscratch.... I agree, and actually, the roll I found the WLH in, was a home wrapped roll.... Cheers, RickO

I’m amazed at how many people these days do not realize coins were made of silver. It seems there are more today than 20 years ago, so when Tommy grabs his late grandpas stash he is simply thinking face value nothing more.
    For searchers we have to be like savoir-faire to catch the timing just right. These rolls just came in, they haven’t been verified, yada yada yada.

@Kurisu Let us know how you do with the 74 D. I just had my third one grade to MS67 still trying to break that barrier. Great report btw!

@Coinscratch said:

@ricko said:

20 rolls with 400 coins not 400 rolls with 8,000 coins. I rarely search halves but I think if I did I would still search the home rolled wraps. The odds of hitting a stash are far greater even when considering most of your searches WILL be previously searched rolls.

Thanks for clearing that up. ;)
    That really would have been "smelly"!

"Skunky sez,"was it something I said?"
    :D

@joeykoins .... Great finds.... only 93 to go for #200.... I know you will make it. ;) Cheers, RickO

edited March 14, 2022 11:57AM

Still have 1/4 box of Quarters and 3/4 Cents left. I still feel I should pick this up today too!

Wartimes,

key dates/variety/error/toners/BU FSteps examples too.

Let's GO...

These too!

Unusual pick up.

SILVER Baby. :D

Now that’s a cool find.

• CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

Nice

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

Got my Maya quarters... Ugh.
    Only the 2nd time in a couple decades someone has sent me coin rolls with no padding.
    More on the way... but ugh!

Coins are Neato!

Yikes!

@Coinscratch said:
    Yikes!

Yup...no more 67s or 68s in there doh!

Coins are Neato!

@Kurisu said:

@Coinscratch said:
    Yikes!

Yup...no more 67s or 68s in there doh!

You like yours shaken, not stirred...lol - not funny.

@Kurisu said:
    Got my Maya quarters... Ugh.
    Only the 2nd time in a couple decades someone has sent me coin rolls with no padding.

Oh that sucks.......reminds me of a song...........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file