Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot to mention the cool mellow blue green tone must come from the matching packaging. Anyway I hope you find something really cool in those rolls.

• Options

Anyway I am busy watching idiot azz on TV i’ll get back later :o

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    @kurisu well obviously the business strike coins will be more valuable according to grade so I wouldn’t worry too much about the satin coins especially in a roll. Mine came from these type of sets and you’ll notice the 2004 has business strike whereas the 5, 6 and seven probably do not, kind of like the Lincoln‘s. I don’t know, there’s a gray area in there for me I haven’t quite completely figured it out yet :-)

Yup, those looked like some super nice ones were in those holders!

I went and found a few original pics from my last Return to Monticello search and there was some...unfortunate toning. lol he said sadly. lol.

This roll gets opened in one of my videos with other rolls from the series because they all arrived from a seller who literally gave them no protection in the package lol!

You'll notice one of the satin one there...
    Don't think I ever posted any of this one.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fellow CRH'ers, What do you think of my 1970S Lincoln find? I think AU but I am not good at grading.. Thoughts?

• Options

@Joe_360 said:
    Fellow CRH'ers, What do you think of my 1970S Lincoln find? I think AU but I am not good at grading.. Thoughts?

I'd say low AU or high XF....here you go https://www.pcgs.com/photograde#/Lincoln/Grades practice practice practice :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

Lg. date worth 1 penny.

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    Lg. date worth 1 penny.

Then it was earned...

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:

@Coinscratch said:
    Lg. date worth 1 penny.

Then it was earned...

"A Penny saved, is a Penny earned!"
    :D

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Hey Joey, yes, I have seen those before and as you know, it is all about condition. And the good thing for us is many non-collector sellers i.e., pawn shops etc. - Don't know that ;)

• Options

@CentSearcher said:
    I used to coin roll hunt two years ago or so. I didn't search in very large quantities, but I did come out with some neat finds. Here is my favorite, found in a 10 roll hunt:

You checked for wide AM right?

• Options
    CentSearcherCentSearcher Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

@Coinscratch

I did, it's a close AM. It would have been pretty neat if it was off center and a wide AM

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CentSearcher said:
    @Coinscratch

I did, it's a close AM. It would have been pretty neat if it was off center and a wide AM

Pretty neat?" - I'm thinking more on the lines of "Pretty expensive" - :)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Is it a skunk when the most interesting coin out of 10 whole Loomis rolls just barely managed to become a quarter?!

Well, it was the 70's...maybe a mint worker smoked a huge fatty before work and fell asleep for a bit...

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited March 3, 2022 7:19PM

Heavy Die Deterioration - at over 240 Million minted at Denver in 73. They were pushing them dies pretty hard in the 70's for as long as they would hold up. It's a wonder there aren't any chips or cracks on that quarter.

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    Is it a skunk when the most interesting coin out of 10 whole Loomis rolls just barely managed to become a quarter?!

Well, it was the 70's...maybe a mint worker smoked a huge fatty before work and fell asleep for a bit...

I’m thinking you’re the one who just smoked a huge fatty :D

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

@Kurisu said:

I’m thinking you’re the one who just smoked a huge fatty :D

I am in the Denver area lol. But I got here long before it was cool :smiley:
    I may have had a gin and tonic with a twist of lime during those rolls though, maybe...

Coins are Neato!

• Options

I'm still seeing almost no Maya's.
    Just got home with 8 rolls and starting them right after our Friday night fish fry!

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    edited March 4, 2022 7:58PM

I trade them back, gotten several Maya's.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well??? What were the post fish fry results?? Inquiring minds want to know.... :D;) And how was the fish?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of state quarters showing.
    Please post your finds.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Nice find! No arrow needed :-) That dime sticks out like a silver thumb.

• Options

@Kurisu said:

@Joe_360 said:
    I trade them back, gotten several Maya's.

@ricko said:
    Well??? What were the post fish fry results?? Inquiring minds want to know.... :D;) And how was the fish?? Cheers, RickO

@WAYNEAS said:
    A lot of state quarters showing.
    Please post your finds.
    Wayne

Those 10 rolls of quarters and...ONE Maya. One. lol.

Other than that, as @joeykoins says...

But I also opened a single roll of dimes and this is even more rare for me than a silver quarter!

The Fish fry...super duper tasty! Thanks for asking :smiley:
    I'll post it here because it's coin hunting related.

Zucchini/broccoli fritters and catfish nuggets. Soaked the fish in milk for a bit, used chickpea flour, and creole seasoning with old bay.
    Made some funnel cake like dessert using the left over egg and chickpea breading/seasoning with some powdered sugar and honey.
    Made some aioli/tartar sauce with olive oil mayo...
    Oh yes.

Nice!
    Low Mintage too.
    ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    Nice find! No arrow needed :-) That dime sticks out like a silver thumb.

Thanks! Ya, the arrow was more because I had know idea what it was till I pulled it out...

A couple of weeks ago I was bummed when I got a box of dimes the was 90% brand new 2021-Ps (come on, it wasn't even a 2022 box which would have been cool) and almost didn't bother searching it, but out of one of the last rolls popped out this:

So make sure you always search every roll/box you come across--you never know what you'll miss otherwise

@Kurisu said:
    But I also opened a single roll of dimes and this is even more rare for me than a silver quarter!

I (and my brother) seem to find silver dimes fairly easily here in Kentucky--my brother has gotten five in change over the last couple of years including a mercury (although he doesn't collect--he knows about silver and W quarters and the such from me and sells his finds to me) and I've found a couple in change, three in one customer wrapped roll, and others in-between. The thing I can't find recently is silver halves--I've gone on a 7 box dry spell and I don't know if I'm going to try again anytime soon.

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

• Options

@CoinHunter4 & @Coinscratch : Your avatars look so damn similar (or else I really need new glasses) :D

• Options

You prob. need new glasses--mine is copper and his is zinc lol :D

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

• Options

@CoinHunter4 said:
    You prob. need new glasses--mine is copper and his is zinc lol :D

And you can tell that how ?

Shurley you jest - And don't call me Shirley - :DB)

Coinscratch:

Coinhunter4:

• Options

I was just kidding--it is a bit hard to tell at first glance--but us younger members can tell fairly easily (I'm 16)...

• Options

This better?

• Options

@CoinHunter4 said:
    This better?

LOL!!!!!!! YUUUUP!

• Options
    edited March 5, 2022 7:03PM

Weekend Quarter Box

Picked this up today just before all banks closed for the long weekend.
    Pulaski Day Monday!
    Let's GO...

#102 W?

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    { Let's GO................)

We talkin NASCAR?

• Options

@joeykoins said:

@joeykoins said:

Weekend Quarter Box

Picked this up today just before all banks closed for the long weekend.

Why would you buy an opened box? Or can't you stop your obsession??? :o

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Why would you buy an opened box?

I opened to check for circulated/uncirculated.
    :)
    Thanks

• Options

@CoinHunter4 said:
    This better?

You didn’t have to do that, I’m bout to change mine again jus waiting on TVs.
    But I do like that Rosie.
    @Steven59 ’s is psychedelic man :D

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

@CoinHunter4 said:
    This better?

You didn’t have to do that, I’m bout to change mine again jus waiting on TVs.
    But I do like that Rosie.
    @Steven59 ’s is psychedelic man :D

OH NOW You tell us............

• Options

Lol

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins .... Yep... That box is special Joey..... You are on (or into) a roll (or rolls). :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

@joeykoins said:

Special!

I told you guys this box could be special?

2012s Arcadia Silver Pf. DCAM

With a low Mintage of
    Half of the box to go.
    ;)

Did you weigh the S quarter? It could be a clad-proof.

• Options

@Joe_360 said:

Did you weigh the S quarter? It could be a clad-proof.

The rim has the silver appearance!
    Thanks. :)
    I'll weigh it later.

• Options

Here ya go.
    ;)

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Here ya go.
    ;)

Edge check and ping drop are all us older folks really need :blush: ...unless it's undrop-able perfection you're dealing with lol.

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any proof is a great find, Joey.
    Silver is of course the best.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file