Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nickels are tough to find in high grades and from circulation. Need to find some crusty ole rolls to even have a chance.

Cool find dude. I'll need to check my 39's as I wasn't aware of these.

edited September 15, 2021 6:30AM

Testing _ I keep getting the " Your comment will appear after it is approved" Message - Which never really happens.

edited September 15, 2021 6:34AM

OBR

OBR

OBR

OBR

CWR

CWR

CWR

CWR

Whoops Mint Pack

CWR

CWR

CWR

CWR

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another Vermont Marsh-Billings W

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

My kid came across a few of these last year while doing CRH.

I’m sorry :D

Variety pack today. Hopefully the unmarked ones are not okay to spend or use at the store.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    Another Vermont Marsh-Billings W

Uh....not a Marsh-Billings....it's a Tallgrass!😎

Still a W though! CONGRATULATIONS!

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    [ One silver so far. ]

C'mon, we all know it was a Canadian dime - :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dam. Some serious mentions on Kennedys listed here.
    No matter the condition, I love them all!
    Some more than others, lol
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

@Steven59 said:

@CoinscratchFever said:
    [ One silver so far. ]

C'mon, we all know it was a Canadian dime - :D

Canadian dime, A hoser :D

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did everyone all of a sudden stop coin roll searching? No post on this thread since Sept.20 :/
    My half dollar $1000 search for this week I got 80 NIFC's and 0 silvers. The NIFC's were mostly 2006-D, 2007-P, 2007-D, 2008-P, 2008-D and 2010-D's with a few other dates. Three of them I threw back because they were pretty environmentally damaged. One NIFC was a 1987. 80 NIFC (2002-2020) coins is double my earlier biggest finds in 2 boxes($1000). I would like to get one roll BU of each date and mm from 2002-2020 and then I will put any further higher mintage coins back for someone else to find.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2021 7:34PM

Congratulations on your finds!
    I've been recently back in the game but very limited. Only about 10 cent rolls left. Nothing significant yet. A few wheaties but no big deal. Trying to catch the 1980p ddo.
    Nice variety if you can find one. I'll continue my last search tonight with the 10 rolls. I'll keep you guys clued in if any fortunate finds. Thanks ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
    edited October 3, 2021 7:36PM

@rec78 said:
    9Did everyone all of a sudden stop coin roll searching? No post on this thread since Sept.20 :/
    My half dollar $1000 search for this week I got 80 NIFC's and 0 silvers. The NIFC's were mostly 2006-D, 2007-P, 2007-D, 2008-P, 2008-D and 2010-D's with a few other dates. Three of them I threw back because they were pretty environmentally damaged. One NIFC was a 1987. 80 NIFC (2002-2020) coins is double my earlier biggest finds in 2 boxes($1000). I would like to get one roll BU of each date and mm from 2002-2020 and then I will put any further higher mintage coins back for someone else to find. )

Wow! Didn't realize it was that long - I have a few finds but just haven't got around to taking pictures yet - Joey, get your ass back here - LOL! Missing @CoinscratchFever also..............

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Banks in my area are refusing to sell rolls. Was able to get $150 in quarters from 2 locations after like 6-7 banks. Noting interesting in them though.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Congratulations on your finds!
    I've been recently back in the game but very limited. Only about 10 cent rolls left. Nothing significant yet. A few wheaties but no big deal. Trying to catch the 1980p ddo.
    Nice variety if you can find one. I'll continue my last search tonight with the 10 rolls. I'll keep you guys clued in if any fortunate finds. Thanks ;)

I have never found the 1980 DDO and I have been looking since about 1982/3.

Okay, Here ya go guys!

Picked up at my bank today. Was going to try silver (Quarters) but I decided for the many more opportunities in the Lincoln cent field. Obsessed in hunting down my newly interested 1980p DDO cent! Lol.
    Will start tonight. Thanks guys.
    Wow, it feels good to be back into the game. :D

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

I’ve gone through six boxes in the past week just nothing worth reporting yet.
    I drove 2 hours to a small town and got 4 boxes at one bank, all looked promising in old style wrappers. Turned out to be someone else’s drop bank though.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey. Good morning. This is good to see. Welcome back

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

@joeykoins Nice find! I got one of those a while back. Good luck with the 80d and the 92 close am and the 99 wide am...........

Searching through another bag of wheats - Pulled these 2 Denver's............

edited October 8, 2021 4:46PM

@CoinscratchFever said:
    [Ready for the weekend!
    At least 15,000 pennies you would think one of them, just one would make the cut :D]

Well if not you can always try making some home defense 12 Gauge shells - they might just fit! Replace the whimpy birdshot with a stack of 25. I know I wouldn't want to see 25 Lincoln cents flying at me at 900fps - :D

Imagine the sound that would make and the size of the spread would be very effective.
    Back when we were kids and had BB gun wars i used to load 15 to 20 BBs down the barrel of my 766 Crossman and pump it up about 40 times. It too was very effective :D

Good luck.
    ;)

edited October 11, 2021 8:57PM

Went to the grocery store today. While I was there, I knew I was running out of rolls of coins at home. Nothing found in my bank box since the first roll. The 2011p ddo cent. Banks are closed today so I thought I'd give it a shot and ask the clerk behind the counter for any rolls of coins?
    Well, it worked! Not much but something. 1 roll of Quarters and 3 rolls of nickels. Plus, I Still have 14 rolls of cents left from my bank box. My task for tonight. Lol.

160 additional chances

to hunt down silver, errors, varieties, proofs, key coins and more "W" Quarters!
    Here we GO...

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Robot1010 said:
    That's not pmd on the quarter. Struck through grease and fibers

Just catching up on this thread and saw your post.

Those marks look like they may have been on the planchet before striking - in other words, the quarter may have been struck on a damaged planchet.

Below is an example of an Eisenhower dollar struck on a damaged planchet. In this case, like your quarter, the damage is largely confined to one side.

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something made the letter R go a different thickness of the obverse type.

• In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Just about finished my latest box of halves, no silver, 45 NIFCs, 13 1982 Ds, 8 1982ps, 4 1991 Ds 65 to 67. Had a pro look at one I took to a local coin show, 65 in his opinion. 2 are better than the one I took, will see at the next show. Started to cull down the halves from last year and early this year, saved more than I should in AU/MS in common years. I have no trouble ordering boxes of halves from my bank. Cheers.

edited October 12, 2021 9:40AM

160 chances

turned out to be a Skunk! :/
    12 cent rolls left.
    Going to pick up another bank box of pennies today!
    "If at first you don't succeed, try try again."

edited October 12, 2021 3:11PM

Here's my try try again box.

I'll break into the new box after I finish the 10 rolls I have left from my previous box.
    ;)

Best of luck 🍀

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever.... A true coin collector, you see coin related issues even in non-coin items. ;) Cheers, RickO

edited October 18, 2021 5:42PM

Finally, some half dollar rolls!

Along with 7 Nickel rolls.

Small amount but something, right?
    I'll search soon. ;)

@joeykoins Good luck dude. I grabbed a mixed bag today from several locations. So far a few marked up PLs and luster bombs but nothing worthy of a visit to our beloved Coin Gods… Just Yet :)

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

First roll of only 2 half dollar rolls!
    Do you guys see what I see?

I see at least 2, maybe 3?

These are the first half dollar rolls I hunted since before I got sick. Lol

edited October 18, 2021 10:29PM

Yes, me too. Or a proof.
    Still can't believe I found 2 silver coins in only two rolls.
    Nothing in the 2nd roll. :)
    About $7 worth of silver!

@joeykoins ....Nice finds... I searched rolls of halves for a few years... never any luck - well, except for one WLH.... Cheers, RickO

Good luck with the rest Joey.... Could be a winner in there yet....Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick ups for such a small amount of rolls.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

@WAYNEAS I agree that is some nice pick ups do you agree?

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @WAYNEAS I agree that is some nice pick ups do you agree?

I was just trying to get to 500 agrees :D
    Even though I do agree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file