Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins.... Congratulations on that Booker T. Washington find.... Best I ever found searching halves was a WLH...Cheers, RickO

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2021 12:50PM

Here we go...
    15 Quarters

6 Halves
    Three from the Mint!
    One toned ender 2016d and two from 2017p and d.

Silver Ender!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

_ I had no expectations ( I never do) _

I absolutely love it when grumpy weighs in :D keeping it real :D

Dazzlers dude!

Congrats
    <3

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
    edited November 6, 2021 1:47PM

@joeykoins said:

Silver Ender!

Just searched the half rolls. The sil. ender was flying solo. Lol. No other Silver. Which is fine. Already pleased. :D
    Thanks guys

edited November 6, 2021 8:46PM

I just hunted down my 67th "W" Quarter.
    What a find in this current CRHunt.
    This may be the great ms 67?
    $750 listed or more.

2020W Tallgrass Prairie

Ironic, it's my 67th W that could be my 2nd
    ms 67 W Tallgrass too?

My 1st ms 67 Tallgrass W

Waiting to send out.

Very very nice dude :)

Next up! Half roll 1950 P Nicks.

Avoid this seller (sced-19) like the plague. Sold as an original bank wrap. Never mind the 2021 date written on the roll that wasn’t shown in the original pics, never mind the non matching edges once opened, and never mind a black marker that didn’t even exist in 1950. Hey I did the work for you so, get over it :D

Nothing better than 63/64 which I’m sure can happen in an original roll but this one is a definite scam.

Nothing better than 63/64 which I’m sure can happen in an original roll but this one is a definite scam.

Sorry 'bout that. :/

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Next up! 1952 S Nicks.
    Very happy with this seller and I won’t be posting his name anytime soon, there was enough competition already.
    Besides if you are really interested I’m sure there’s a way to deduce who this is through search results ;)
    Or just PM me.

No full steps, a few close calls but a 67 will more than get it done.

The coin on the left looks really nice.
    Look at it again when you're in a bad mood to be sure.😆

Holy cow! I think I just got Mannies approval. It’s definitely get’n graded now! :D

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever :
    {Never mind the 2021 date written on the roll that wasn’t shown in the original pics,}

10-24-21 He was just letting you know when he put the half roll together - C'mon Man! :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

edited November 8, 2021 11:31PM

15 More!

Hoping for some more "send outers".
    :D

Results

Only coin worth saving.

1971p

50 year old beauty

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

First rolls from my bank ( we reached a deal) bi-centennial , and a 72. Can’t wait to get home and this evening have a little look

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Persistence

must pay off eventually!
    I Hope. :D

You just got paid, with that Commen. Now get back to work :D

Joey. They offered me 5 rolls of $ coins. But I took the 2half $ rolls. Do you search $ coins or not. Didn’t think to ask which ones 😜

edited November 9, 2021 2:36PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Do you search $ coins or not. Didn’t think to ask which ones 😜

Dollar rolls are cool too.
    I Put aside many President dollars. Condition and type A and B. The "missing letters" are key. The date, years and mint mark's on the rims. Also, check for the Sacagawea's NIFC's, and Susan B. Anthony's. I found a 1979p "Near Date".
    The Sacagawea's are the main variety to seek after. Big bucks for the "Cheerios".
    The "wounded eagle" too.
    Good Luck ;)

edited November 10, 2021 1:54AM

@joeykoins said:

Persistence

must pay off eventually!
    I Hope. :D

Results/Half Dollars

Except for this real strange find.
    Love the detail. Lol
    1972p

On to the 9 Quarter Rolls. Thanks

Results/Quarters

Another Skunk!
    Except for this WILD Quarter.

DDO?

Found this today in CRHunting.

Thank You!

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like MD to me. Flat.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

MD has more of a step to it. Not sure what the term is but there’s something going on 🙃

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

DDO?

Found this today in CRHunting.

Thank You!

MD

Frank

BHNC #203

edited November 12, 2021 10:28AM

Ok, thanks guys.
    It's just the top of the "9" threw me.
    ;)

edited November 13, 2021 1:21AM

Yes, Hunted down another beautiful
    2020 W Tallgrass Prairie!

Just found one while CRHunting last week.
    It's also in great condition too. Maybe my 2nd or 3rd ms 67? Still waiting for my current one I sent in.

In Addition

Found another 2019p Memorial DDO

My 5th one in my collection.

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually get $2000 in small dollar coins and $1000 in half dollars per week to search. This week's finds:
    Halves:
    One 1966 Kennedy 40% silver
    one very beat up 1983-S proof -I put this one right back
    8 NIFC's -no 1987's
    The two foreign coins shown - One is a Panama Medio balboa dated 1979 and the other is a medio Peso from the Domincan Republic dated 1981.

Dollars:
    Six 1979-P near date or wide rim S. B. A. dollars. These are listed in the "Strike it Rich with Pocket Change" book.
    They are by no means rare or even scarce. I find one or two in every box, I have found 41 of these in 40 boxes. (I am in Pa.) There's lots of NIFC's in the dollars, 1981's are the scarcest date for SBA's. I have only found 2 of these in about 40 boxes searched.
    I have put together a complete BU set of Presidential dollars (P&D). Also a complete to date BU Sacajawea dollar set (P&D), and most BU innovation dollar set to date(P&D) through coin roll searching.

I have decided to keep only one roll of each date and MM NIFC coins, both halves and dollars. You get too many of them. I will be selling the 1979 - near date or wide rim SBA's as soon as possible.

Pretty good pickings.
    6 SBA 1979P' Near Rims? Awesome. Nice value in higher grades. Cool to put sets together too. I love the Balboa coins. Found a 2011 yesterday. Keep hunting.
    ;)

@bombtech25 That's pretty cool. Did you find it in an original bank roll?

• bombtech25bombtech25 Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    That's pretty cool. Did you find it in an original bank roll?

Yea. Ebay roll included for free with purchase of other rolls that had a few coins (now graded) too good to show.

@bombtech25 said:

@CoinscratchFever said:
    That's pretty cool. Did you find it in an original bank roll?

Yea. Ebay roll included for free with purchase of other rolls that had a few coins (now graded) too good to show.

Yep, it has that really clean look.
    Whadaya mean too good to show :D C'mon man show the goods.

edited November 16, 2021 2:44PM

I got 10 rolls of quarters from one bank yesterday and ten at another. I got SUPER-SKUNKED.
    Found nothing-no silver(expected), no varieties, no "W" mintmarks, no errors, no Canadian or foreign, absolutely nothing. :/
    Two of the rolls were 2 coins short and one was one coin short-total -$1.25. :/:/:'( , Started with a face value of $20. Ended with a face value of $18.75. Yes, I did replace the shorts. Customer wrapped rolls. I want bank wrapped rolls every time, but I am stuck with what they give me.
    Even one of the dollar bank wrapped rolls from the federal reserve had only 24 dollars in it. :/
    Funny how coin roll miscounts are always under, I never found a coin roll with extra coins in it.
    SKUNKED-you find nothing but do not lose.
    SUPER-SKUNKED-you lose money.
    Still, I roll on. (No pun intended)

edited November 16, 2021 5:25PM

@rec78 That bites! I have had rolls with extra pennies but love it when there are dimes mixed in. It also means they haven't been checked. Errr at least not on that rollin.

@rec78 said:
    I got 10 rolls of quarters from one bank yesterday and ten at another. I got SUPER-SKUNKED.
    Found nothing...

Sorry, probably because all of those you checked. Were the same ones I put back?

edited November 16, 2021 8:02PM

@joeykoins said:

@rec78 said:
    Found nothing...

Sorry, probably because all of those you checked. Were the same ones I put back?

GRRR!! You put back short rolls? :'(

@rec78 said:

No silly, talking about why you got skunked with no silver or varieties. :)

edited November 17, 2021 3:34AM

@joeykoins said:

@rec78 said:

No silly, talking about why you got skunked with no silver or varieties. :)

I know that. :p
    Come to think of it, my last 60-70 quarter rolls were skunk like these. I am NE Pa. I do not expect silver in quarter rolls, but sometimes silver coins show up.

Looks like your cent is from a worn die as you can see DDD (Die Deterioration Doubling) and 92-D WAM but nice clean surfaces - gotsta find the CAM, very rare - Nice toning though. With the Copper plated zincs it tones in the bottom of the cupholder in a car with all the sugars and acids from coffee and sodas (beers?) may drip on them, and actually you can tone the Zincolns by holding them over a flame for a bit.

edited November 19, 2021 7:18PM

These are from the explore and discover set OGP. (maybe still available cheap on line) was looking at them the other day and surprise there they were. Moved them for photos then they going back 😎

edited November 19, 2021 7:22PM

Very beautiful fields - AKA "reflection doubling" ? - Amazing!

@Steven59 said:
    Very beautiful fields - AKA "reflection doubling" ? - Amazing!

If you mean the pennies thank you I couldn’t put my finger(so to speak ) on what to call it. The toning caught my eye but the happening in the fields around his head was a bonus. Don’t think any great value but cool 😎

@Jzyskowski1 said:

[If you mean the pennies]

Yes, those Lincoln Cents - o:) Very Exquisite Plating. Don't see that quality very often

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Looks like your cent is from a worn die as you can see DDD (Die Deterioration Doubling) and 92-D WAM but nice clean surfaces - gotsta find the CAM, very rare - Nice toning though. With the Copper plated zincs it tones in the bottom of the cupholder in a car with all the sugars and acids from coffee and sodas (beers?) may drip on them, and actually you can tone the Zincolns by holding them over a flame for a bit.

Thanks! Not so much DDD as simply some zinc stretching I'd think...

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

@Jzyskowski1 @steven59
    Possibly pareidolia as @MsMorrisine has previously mentioned and obviously emerald is a pro at ;)

The so-called reflection/Glare is so pronounced on this Lincoln that the image is distorted depending on the angle that you are viewing it from.

Focus on Lincoln‘s chin. Even the True View photographer had trouble acquiring the image they were after.
    Well, I say that but ultimately the scratch above CENT that either I missed or happened in transportation
    (most likely the former) was it’s undoing. Otherwise she was a shoe in for 68,

edited November 20, 2021 10:10AM

70 Rolls

1 Bank Box and 20 customer wrapped rolls.

After the search of the wrapped rolls.

10 insignificant wheats.

On to the box.

edited November 20, 2021 3:39PM

My best half dollar boxes ever. This weeks finds ($1000 face half dollars) and ($2000 face-dollars)

Halves:
    12 - 40% silver half dollars! dated 1965-1968
    1 - 90% silver walker dated 1942 -very worn
    2 NIFC half dollars
    4 Proof Kennedy half dollars (the 1980-S has a lot of gunk on it but I may be able to save it.)
    1 1982-P no "FG" (this one has no trace of an "FG" - sorry- poor photos. Looks a lot better in person. Not bad for a coin in circulation for almost 40 years!

Dollars:
    3 -1979 SBA near date or wide rim
    7 proofs
    about 20 NIFC newer dates (Not shown)- both innovation dollars and Sacs.

PS - I forgot to mention last week. I got another lightweight 1972-P Kennedy half weight of 10.42 grams. I have found 7 of these light weight 1972-P Kennedy's to date. All weigh 10.42-10.49 grams. These are way out of tolerance range. Most likely stuck on stock meant for a foreign coin. The US was minting many coins for foreign countries in the 1970's.

Very nice finds @rec78

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file