Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stopped by a Chase I usually don't and they only had a few rolls to offer. All customer rolls.
    Wish me luck!!! :blush:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck! I like those diamond rolls I’ve had good luck with them.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, G.L.
    Hope ya find not one 1979p "near date" but TWO! Lol. Esp. maybe the highly sought after, " Sacagawea "wounded eagle". ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Tonight's Mission

First Half roll searched!

Great sign? :*

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Nice find Joey! I spent the better part of my morning going through some of my lose silver looking for varieties.
    No luck but I did find a 68D quarter with machine doubling so bad for a minute I thought I had the DDR.

Here it is (actually not part of the silver)...

Only One! :/

Yep, out of all the rolls I posted above. The only find was in the very first roll I checked.
    The Silver 1967.
    Oh well, it could of been worse, right? :D

@Coinscratch said:
    Here it is (actually not part of the silver)...

Cool Tone! B)

So as @joeykoins famously likes to say...
    ...sssskunked...

So my first clue...was the first roll, ALL of them 2000-D's lol!

Then the next roll...

And the next... and they didn't get any better, but you know I enjoyed every zen-ful moment of them all :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2021 8:55AM

This week's half dollar finds: ($1000 face searched)
    40% - 1 - 1968-D
    90% - 0 -
    Proof's - 0 -
    NIFC's - 12 -
    Errors - 0 -
    DD's - 0 -
    The skunk got close but a late find of a 1968-d saved the hunt. Rather dull round.

@Kurisu said:
    So as @joeykoins famously likes to say...
    ...sssskunked...

Awww, how cute? Looks like a fox. Lol
    <3

edited December 20, 2021 1:55PM

Luck of the Draw!

Only ones they had available again.
    Awesome! <3

3 40%er's and 1 90%er.

edited December 20, 2021 3:15PM

Picked up 40 Nickel rolls, along with 12 quarter rolls.

"Tonight, tonight. Won't be just any night..."

West Side Story
    :D

You’re the luckiest son of a gun I know and I don’t even know you :D

• JWPJWP Posts: 21,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

I try search quarter rolls for the elusive "W" Quarter. I struck out in 2019 and 2020. In 2021 I've found 18 so far, but have probably gone though over 1,000 plus rolls form the bank. It seems like I might find 1 "W" after searching 30 plus rolls. Love doing it even though the find is so seldom. The rare find makes the hunt worth while. I just have to remind myself that even a blind squirrel find a nut once in a while. Bye, gotta see a teller at the bank today.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

edited December 20, 2021 4:50PM

@JWP said:
    I try search quarter rolls for the elusive "W" Quarter. I struck out in 2019 and 2020. In 2021 I've found 18 so far, but have probably gone though over 1,000 plus rolls form the bank. It seems like I might find 1 "W" after searching 30 plus rolls. Love doing it even though the find is so seldom. The rare find makes the hunt worth while. I just have to remind myself that even a blind squirrel find a nut once in a while. Bye, gotta see a teller at the bank today.

Yes, good for you and your persistence.
    The persistence is "KEY" in finding those elusive "W's". Good Luck, dude!
    ;)
    Hunting for my #73rd W, tonight!

@joeykoins said:

Luck of the Draw!

Only ones they had available again.
    Awesome! <3

I clearly need to reconsider my retirement options...now I'm thinking Mid-West...just for the CRHunting! Who needs warm weather year round lol!

Coins are Neato!

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doctor said I had a bad case of "Coin Roll Hunters Hands" :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins .... Nice find on that DDO Kennedy....Cheers, RickO

Nothing

in the Quarters.

edited December 22, 2021 6:51PM

Received 10 more quarter rolls today. New bank attempt.
    It just occurred to me. I can't recall the last time I picked up ANY "N.F. String and Son" wrapped rolls? In any denomination? You know, like in the times before the coin shortage. From the banks. :*
    How 'bout you guys?
    Thanks

• In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

Lucked out doing the nickel report on what is available from circulation. The bank box of nickels just keeps on giving.
    Found 7 sintered coins, Newest, 2021 D, oldest 1981. 2 silver nickels and some toners. Cheers.

@In4apenny said:
    Lucked out doing the nickel report on what is available from circulation. The bank box of nickels just keeps on giving.
    Found 7 sintered coins, Newest, 2021 D, oldest 1981. 2 silver nickels and some toners. Cheers.

What is sintered? :)

• In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/399113/what-is-a-quot-sintered-quot-planchet

I did not know myself, googled it and found the above. In short a copper color coin that should be nice and shiny. Looks almost like a copper penny. Could be black, pink, red, mixed hues.

@In4apenny That was a lot of reading for one picture and now my coffee is cold. Like Clackamas I have probably thrown several of these back into circulation.

'Sintered' is a term that is totally misapplied to coins by those who have no idea what it means. Cheers, RickO

edited December 25, 2021 12:15AM

Hey, look what I just hunted down.

2019 W Lowell

Another,

just after 4 rolls later.

#74!

2019 W San Antonio

This one is a BEAUTE!
    <3

Well done @JoeyCoins .... Those W's are still rolling in.... Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Oh Yeah?

Look what else was hiding in that short roll from the bank!
    Not only the 4 silvers, but this too.

1974d DDO Strong too!

Even the right side of the "4" shows.
    Might send this one in?
    My 2nd '74d ddo find.

A really nice find.
    Send it in and let us know how you fair.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Love those Strike through
    Airmens.
    <3B)<3

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

That "Burning Building" strike through is pretty neet looking........................

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

edited December 28, 2021 9:13AM

Congratulations, dude!

Not so very good odds in finding that "W". Along with your 1964 Silver coin. Good for you.
    Here's your request you asked for!

What's up with the
    1964 Washington? Our friend, RickO, found a '64 too. About finding rolls at the bank. Stay persistent. Even if you have to go to several other odd banks. Doing this will almost assure you in being successful in acummunilating multiple banks rolls!
    Good Luck. I myself, picked up 17 quarter rolls from 4 different banks today. ;)

Out of 17 quarter rolls.
    Nothing but this one.

Possible Clipped Planchet?

Whatcha guys think?
    If it is. It would be my first quarter clipped planchet. Thanks guys
    :)

Just picked up another bank box of cents.
    I always check for any enders before I search through. Found this cool toner.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Appears like it could be a clipped planchet but I don't see any evidence of the Blakesly effect. Also looks straight so it could be a straight clipped planchet. Here's a clipped quarter that I found CRH a couple years back with strong Blakesly effect.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

@Kliao... Nice finds - a W and silver.... not bad at all. Cheers, RickO

I think I caught joeys CRH fever. Taking pics in the car also. :D

Collector

edited December 29, 2021 8:59AM

@Kliao said:

Good Luck ;)
    Them "W's" are still out there. Better than finding silver, in most cases. :)
    As a matter of fact. Leaving the house right now. To shop for 'dem quarter rolls myself! Hoping to find 20 rolls? Esp. at my favorite branch where in the last few visits, In the customer wrapped rolls. I found 3 W Quarters in just 30 rolls. Looking for them same customer wrapped. Hunting for #75?
    Good Luck to you, once again, my friend.

edited December 29, 2021 9:09AM

Guy's, don't forgot grocery stores! I found 22 Lowell W's from my local grocer. And in less than half a box.
    I was getting 3 or 4 per roll in a few of the rolls - Brand new rolls - So if the quarters looked brand new on both enders I would take otherwise, not. This way, if you do hit you will have higher MS as well.
    @Kliao @joeykoins

@joeykoins said:

@Kliao said:

Good Luck ;)
    Them "W's" are still out there. Better than finding silver, in most cases. :)
    As a matter of fact. Leaving the house right now. To shop for 'dem quarter rolls myself! Hoping to find 20 rolls? Esp. at my favorite branch where in the last few visits, In the customer wrapped rolls. I found 3 W Quarters in just 30 rolls. Looking for them same customer wrapped. Hunting for #75?
    Good Luck to you, once again, my friend.

Unfortunately got skunked but that's part of the game :)

@Coinscratch said:
    Guy's, don't forgot grocery stores! I found 22 Lowell W's from my local grocer. And in less than half a box.
    I was getting 3 or 4 per roll in a few of the rolls - Brand new rolls - So if the quarters looked brand new on both enders I would take otherwise, not. This way, if you do hit you will have higher MS as well.
    @Kliao @joeykoins

I actually have ever seen in person nor gotten brand new quarter rolls. Only new penny and nickel rolls that family got me, but they are couple hours away. I would expect new rolls being in the Chicago suburbs with the FRB in Chicago but I guess not.

Collector

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got kinda lucky today. Out of 200$ in quarters, 50 in dimes, and 10 in pennies. Got two silvers! All of the dime rolls looked like they were rolled in the mid 1980s with unc 80s and 70s some were overfilled too. The slight bummer though is that the bank had 150$ in dimes total, I’m unsure how many of them were from the same customer, but they were only able to give me 50$ worth. So who know how much silver (if any) I missed out on. Oh well I’m still happy 😃. First dime hunt I’ve walked away with more than one silver.

Picked up 14 quarter rolls, 3 Half dollar rolls and 1 Dime roll.
    2021 is running out. Hope I can catch what
    Kliao got? Anything close would be awesome. Lol

One stand out roll (cents) but it was a dime roll that came through.
    HI HO SILVER!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6HXXkNw4PE0

Good luck guys! Hoping for a silver score for you in those halves joey!

Collector

@joeykoins said:
    Picked up 14 quarter rolls, 3 Half dollar rolls and 1 Dime roll.
    2021 is running out. Hope I can catch what
    Kliao got? Anything close would be awesome. Lol

Yep :/

Nothing!

edited December 31, 2021 1:37PM

If at first you don't succeed...
    Hopefully, since it's the last day for this horrendous year. Something may bring good endings? Thanks guys.

Happy New Year!

<3
    14 more quarters
    5 Kennedys
    Wishful Thinking.

I'll be content with my #75th W. Lol.

Another,

10 Quarters
    1 Dime

:D

Finished going through the pile of silver that I got the other day, and this was the only variety. 1967 DDO-003. Not recognized by PCGS so going to throw it back with the others. Very light spread and quite hard to see the doubling.

Collector

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file