Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 9:24PM

I'm still debriefing it , but here's another photo.
    Lincoln Cent is all I got.

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

...Now don't tell me, got nothing to do...

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13, 2021 2:54PM

@MOS0231 said:
    Excuse me, but I'm new here. Can someone explain @emeraldATV to me? I need a reality check. Am I doing something wrong?

Are these pictures he's posting error coins?

Don't feel bad...... i've been on for about 3 months and I have the same questions - I was just scared to ask - LOL!!!!!!!!!! :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MOS0231 Welcome to the forum!
    You’re not doing anything wrong and Emerald is doing everything wrong when it comes to finds or quality coins.
    He is in his own challenging little world. Rules do not allow us to fully speak our minds and even if they did I would pause not fully understanding his situation.

• MOS0231MOS0231 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

@teven59 , @CoinscratchFever-

Thanks for the feedback. I'll steer clear of this one.

edited August 13, 2021 3:30PM

@MOS0231 said:
    @teven59 , @CoinscratchFever-

Thanks for the feedback. I'll steer clear of this one.

You'll get used to his posts - he's like moss on a tree - sorta grows on you. Some of his postings are actually kinda funny!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2021 9:20PM

Found this 2021p
    With 2 issues.

Feeder Finger scrapes

Doubled Ear

The Doubled Ear can possibly be just a Hit?
    Thanks Guys :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Don’t get me wrong but wouldn’t finger scrapes be more of a detraction of grade? Or is this some kind of rare collectible? Forgive my ignorance :D at this point I am mostly versed in what PCGS recognizes and believe me that’s enough to learn.

I just wonder how much I’m missing based on the Cherry pickers guide and others however, I am biased and prefer slabs for assurance.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the scrapes...However, that 'ear' looks more like a hit to me - PMD.... ICBW. Cheers, RickO

edited August 15, 2021 9:37PM

@jabba- Now that has gotta be the weirdest coin I've ever seen come out of a roll! Rather cool find in my opinion. Glad it was just clad junk! ;) Looks like it was a peace sign necklaces. Very nice!

EDIT: BTW, the weirdest thing I ever got out of a half dollar "machine wrapped roll" was a guitar pick! :D

Nice '82 "NO FG" find. ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Wind chimes ?
    What ?

This is going to take awhile.

@CoinscratchFever said:
    I already have a couple of zincs but this is my first copper blank and I’m pretty sure it’s a 1974 :-)

Hey, look at that! Excellent! That is great. Have never found one of those.

@MOS0231 Yea, my Ebay dealer just earned so more street cred. As if he needed it, I've had a few grade to 68 thus far.

@CoinscratchFever- Love seeing you guys find stuff like this. :)

edited August 21, 2021 12:11PM

Finally, found one

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

My dad came home with a box of halves and $400 in Ike dollars today that the bank got in. I just quickly looked through the halves for silver and came up with a single 40%. :p Will be looking through the halves again and the Ike’s at a later time for varieties. First time CRH halves in 2 years when everything closed down. The rim on this was completely black but I took a look at it anyways and to my surprise, it turned out to be silver. Nice to know I still have the eye :) .

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Going through these newly acquired quarter rolls. Found a few goodies already.

Hunting for my #63 W.

Or even any 2018, 2019 or 2020 DDO's.

I think that you should go this route:

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tore through 4 CWRs of nickels and found a lot of crusty coins that must have been dug out of the car floor mats or cup holder. There was even a zinc cent thrown in for maximum frustration.

But then I found a very decent 1945P war nickel with no damage, just honest wear.

@JBK said:
    Tore through 4 CWRs of nickels and found a lot of crusty coins that must have been dug out of the car floor mats or cup holder. There was even a zinc cent thrown in for maximum frustration.

But then I found a very decent 1945P war nickel with no damage, just honest wear.

Love the CWR's never know what to expect but typically (not always) they're cleaner. The other day I found six dimes in a roll of cents.

Waited a week. Finally will have some time to look through these right now. Bank bag of $400 in big dollars from the bank. Haven't searched through this many big dollars before. Will have to do a little researching to know valuable ones to look for. Any ones you guys know off the top of your head?

Collector

@Kliao said:

( Will have to do a little researching to know valuable ones to look for. Any ones you guys know off the top of your head?)

The only one I can remember is the 1972 TYPE 2 reverse variety. Here's an article you may be interested in: https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/eisenhower-dollar-varieties-768205

@Steven59 said:

@Kliao said:

( Will have to do a little researching to know valuable ones to look for. Any ones you guys know off the top of your head?)

The only one I can remember is the 1972 TYPE 2 reverse variety. Here's an article you may be interested in: https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/eisenhower-dollar-varieties-768205

Thanks! Looks like I'll have to get my digital microscope for them.

Collector

1971-D Friendly Eagle FS-109?

Collector

edited August 28, 2021 4:09PM

@Kliao - It seems to be??

edited August 29, 2021 4:34AM

I think it may be a match. The earth also appears to match with the islands connected.

Collector

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rec78 said:
    Finally! I found an AG (or lower grade) clad coin in this weeks' half dollar search. The date is 1973 (bearly determinable) under good magnification While there are tons of damaged clad coins, you don't see many this worn by wear alone. I have been coin roll hunting half dollars for 5 months now and this is the first actual wear ag half I have found.

This weeks half dollar finds- A 1964 90% silver half. 7 - 40% silver halves.
    And 5 1996-P Kennedy half dollars BU with 2 obverse dies cracks.

Also this odd 1985-D half which appears to be struck threw grease on the obverse, but the reverse is normal. Also a struck through by Kennedy's ear.

That 73 is awesome!

@joeykoins Custom wap woll not alway check! Fed woll cwap!
    Wax on wax off wax ON wax OFF!

Picked up some interesting looking rolls today. And apparently my first New York City transit authority token.
    Pictured with my next big sell to error dude in Cali - Shark Bite :D

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭

Glad you guys are still able to get lots of rolls to look thru......... I've been away from the Forum for a while, and lately my once-reliable bank has been limiting personal account holders to just ONE roll of Q's at a time!! :o:(

@DBSTrader2 said:
    Glad you guys are still able to get lots of rolls to look thru......... I've been away from the Forum for a while, and lately my once-reliable bank has been limiting personal account holders to just ONE roll of Q's at a time!! :o:(

It's hit or miss, When in roam I usually hit 8 to 10 banks some say no, some $2, and a few will give me 1 to 2 boxes (cents).

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found thethis 1980-P Kennedy half dollar in a roll search. At first I thought that it had PMD. After further inspection I now think that it is not PMD but some kind of mint error. Parts of a reverse AMERICA appears on the reverse on the right side.

Is it on the edge, (in the reeding) Or just close on one side.
    Do the edge with the camera. Time for it's 8x10 glossy close up...
    I'll show you mine, if...lol

edited September 9, 2021 11:17PM

My New Bank Box

of pennies.

Look what I pulled!
    Another 2020p die clash!

This clash, in front of Abe's mouth, is in the EXACT spot as my original.

Similar

to my previous 2020 die clash. Check out the clashes. Three on the obverse liken my other 2020 d.c. except, minus the letters,
    "E pluribus unum".

Bonus, "finger scrapes" on reverse.

Here is My Original

I don't know if this is good or bad for me?
    Finding another 2020p die clash with similarities? What do you guys think? Thanks

Pretty cool Joey but I would only be speculating. I’m always looking for perfection while you’re profiting from imperfection :*
    Happy Friday Budro!

@joeykoins said:

My New Bank Box

of pennies.

Look what I pulled!
    Another 2020p die clash!

This clash, in front of Abe's mouth, is in the EXACT spot as my original.

Similar

to my previous 2020 die clash. Check out the clashes. Three on the obverse liken my other 2020 d.c. except, minus the letters,
    "E pluribus unum".

Bonus, "finger scrapes" on reverse.

Here is My Original

I don't know if this is good or bad for me?
    Finding another 2020p die clash with similarities? What do you guys think? Thanks

IF you found them in different boxes from different places and do not want them for your collection, I would eBay them off right away as many more are likely to be around. Personally, I would sell one and keep the other for my collection.

edited September 12, 2021 4:54PM

Another Bank Box

Yes, even though I'm still finishing up my Cent Box. I went and bought a Nickel Bank Box! Hoping for some varieties and Wartime's?

Knowing the banks will be closed until Monday. Lol

Hunting for the elusive 1975d "High D".

Curious looking, doubled or machine doubled?

:*

Damnit Joey! Every time I think I have memorized all of the varieties you come off with something new :D
    I need to broaden beyond the Price Guide. I've been through at least 15 original bank rolls of 75D's lately too!

@CoinscratchFever said:
    { Damnit Joey! Every time I think I have memorized all of the varieties you come off with something new :D
    I need to broaden beyond the Price Guide. I've been through at least 15 original bank rolls of 75D's lately too!}

I've never found one, never cherry picked one, or never have seen one in hand. They must be alot more rare than at first thought????
    https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/jefferson-nickel-denver-mint-mark-varieties-bowers.html

edited September 13, 2021 12:30AM

Ta-daaaa!

Lol. I was beginning to worry. Nearly finished my nickel box with absolutely no Luck! 5 rolls left.
    Well, until now.
    Fruits from my Labor. Check it out, guys.
    2005p Bison

Wow! 90 degree rotation.

My BEST rotated coin ever found in CoinRollHunting. Thinking of sending in?

@joeykoins said:

Ta-daaaa!

Lol. I was beginning to worry. Nearly finished my nickel box with absolutely no Luck! 5 rolls left.
    Well, until now.
    Fruits from my Labor. Check it out, guys.
    2005p Bison

Wow! 90 degree rotation.

My BEST rotated coin ever found in CoinRollHunting. Thinking of sending in?

Nice Find! I have never found any coin with a rotated reverse in roll searching. Being a buffalo is special. But being so worn, I do not think that it will be worthwhile to grade, but you never know. It's your coin so it is up to you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file