Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Roll & Mint Set Hunting.

Comments

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    Just did the box of quarters above, after work with a glass of wine :blush:

So every single roll in there had at least a few, and in some cases about a 1/3 of the rolls, really beautiful condition 2020's.
    As soon as I realized it I was of course hoping for a W in stunning condition.

Well...almost. No joke, there was one W in each of the last two rolls.
    The 2020 is super nice and a bit proof like, but I'd put it at an honest MS62.

Another super fun box :smiley:

Very nice.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu... That 2020W is indeed a very nice coin.... The pictures make it look PL. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu- I know your heart skipped a beat when you saw those W's! 👍🏻 I bet you did a double take!! 😉

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2023 9:15AM

@OAKSTAR said:

Thanks OAKSTAR
    I don't know when or why I started to check the Montana quarters for the "In God We Rust" error, but I am glad I did. This type of error could appear on any of the state quarters, so now I have to check them all. Neat error anyways, I do not know if it has any extra value, I am keeping it for my collection at this time.

As for the "W" error, if you look at the next photo down, you can see that this could be a lamination. My photos are not that great. At this point I do not know if it is a strike though or a lamination. The red is just lighting effect and not the copper layer.

• Options

@rec78- Well, you could always submit it. I beat Joey would. Nice find! 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:
    This came across my feed on Facebook. Lol. I did have a few rolls with washers when I searched rolls but nothing like this.

Wow!
    Now I seen everything!
    Boy o' boy.
    :o

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    NulteNulte Posts: 131 ✭✭

@Estil said:

@Kurisu said:

Self service power car wash stations often have change machines that take up to $20's :smile: Some of them give small dollars change.

I DID in fact discover one of those machines at one of them car wash places (it only takes up to ten spots though) just a few hundred yards or so away from me so hopefully I can do dollar coin hunting that way! A little over ten years ago I worked in a place that had a change machine that took up to $20s and yes did give out dollar coins...you could pretend like you were in Vegas and hit the jackpot! :blush:

post office used to give the small dollar coins as change in their stamp vending machines as well.

• Options
    ConshyboyConshyboy Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2023 10:31PM

Got this in a Loomis roll today

Sure is an angry looking obverse

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, not great condition or anything, but I find these very pleasing.
    Especially the Vermont and how the toning works so well with the artwork :blush:

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    edited August 5, 2023 10:19PM

My first "W" find in quite awhile!

#207W

2020W Salt River Bay V75

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Wow!
    2 found in 2 Days?

#208W

2019W Memorial

:*

• Options
    steve76020steve76020 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2023 5:35PM

i have a couple of them send pm we can work out details

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2023 4:18AM

Got these to Bats W V75 back-to-back Saturday & Sunday, acetone bath and eBay...

• Options

Are you guys finding these at banks?

• Options

@Oakstar I've only purchased those from antique stores. You may want to go back and grab all other denominations there might have been others dumped with those.

• Options

@abravefan11 said:
    New to coin roll hunting with my sons. We found these nice condition 60's pennies. I would appreciate any opinions on their condition. Also, the 1968 D may be a double die but my eyesight is bad. LOL

They look pretty nice especially for an album. Those 60's are hard to find in great condition. Yours look to be between MS63 and MS65.

• Options

@Coinscratch- I don't buy anything from the mint. Refresh my memory. People are buying these rolls from the mint, then they somehow find their way to banks?

If I could afford to grab all the other denominations, I would... I wish I could.

• Options

@OAKSTAR Either the bank bought them from the mint or a collector cashed them in there.

Either way, they came...

• Options

Hey- Congrats!

• Options

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    Hey- Congrats!

I'll buy a lottery ticket or two now! :)

• Options

I've now found a couple of these American Women's quarters with this beautiful greenish yellow toning.
    Thoughts on what's causing it?

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:
    Are you guys finding these at banks?

I've run into Sacs and Presidents Mint rolls from banks a few times during the last few years.

Coins are Neato!

• Options

@Kurisu not sure what turned them but they look cool and kind of spooky.

• Options

Struck through grease I'm thinking.
    But so unusual to see it in the centers of both sides...

Coins are Neato!

• Options

Some recent finds from a "Library of Coins" album. Pretty cool and what you might expect from a seasoned collector, nice luster etc. but overall problem coins that look good. Here are a few and likely the best.

• Options

Sunday Drag Racing (on TV) was delayed, so decided to roll hunt quarters. No S or D but a 1st year of issue 1934!
    3rd silver find for 2023!!

• Options

@Coinscratch said:
    Some recent finds from a "Library of Coins" album. Pretty cool and what you might expect from a seasoned collector, nice luster etc. but overall problem coins that look good. Here are a few and likely the best.

Could you explain the "recent find" part again? You found this album with coins on a shelf at your public library? 😉

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@Coinscratch said:

Could you explain the "recent find" part again? You found this album with coins on a shelf at your public library? 😉

I found it while looking at the internet 😆 from the bay.

• Options

👍🏻 👍🏻

• Options
    edited August 14, 2023 12:30PM

First full Box since the coin shortage started (had to trade in 35 rolls to get it!) 60 quarter rolls total and 27 rolls of Lincoln cents. Don't tell me,,, got nothing to do...

• Options

@Kurisu said:
    Another impaired proof, but this time just so pretty...

You're right! It is very pretty!
    Pastel Like.
    <3

• Options

More trouble-shooting. :)

• Options

Managed to get a box of halves from Chase yesterday...
    A couple 40% and a struck though grease...

Coins are Neato!

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

This week's half dollar finds-(2 boxes-$1000 face value searched):

A 1964-P 90%

2 -1967 -40% - one appears to be a metal detector find as it is very corroded.

A 1969-D -40%

Odd 1976 bicentennial - appears to be die cracks and some kind of funny scratch that may be some kind of weird error.

Found in a penny roll - a 2011 shield cent with multiple strike throughs on both sides:

Please comment and give me your thoughts on the above two coins. Thanks, Bob!

• Options
    edited August 22, 2023 1:22PM

#210 W

2020W Rockefeller V75

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file