• arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2020 9:22PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    Could this be the end!

definitely.

at least his last pass was a touchdown! 😎

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady will be back in NE next year.

Thank you guys for making this a fun season. I love talking football here.

It might take me a week or two to get back into football spirit. :D

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hats off to Vrabel & the Titans. They played a hell of a game.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kudos to the Patriots which in my opinion is the greatest sports run in American sports team history considering all the factors.

Regardless of what happens moving forward into next season, there will always be that tremendous record to look back on. 👍

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m totally fine with them losing, it’s obvious they didn’t have a legit shot at a Super Bowl so why delay the inevitable. Brady might be back he might not, I wager he will not. There is simply not any offense for a 42 year old QB. It’s been a great run and it will never be matched again by the Patriots or any other team ever.

@thisistheshow said:

I'm not buying all off the Brady is signing elsewhere this off-season noise. I think if he's still in the NFL next season it will be with this team.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@artee said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    Could this be the end!

definitely.

at least his last pass was a touchdown! 😎

Brett Favre's last pass was also an interception (but it wasn't run back for a TD).

Steve

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

spotting Henry 150 yards turned out to be a bad plan , considering they were able to limit him in the second half without anything really complicated .

I think Brady played well enough maybe a few more catches by receivers would have done the trick but they would have lost next week regardless, no way the could pace KC in scoring .

Titans lose next week too , Watson though , impressed me once he got going.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

thisistheshow- I was impressed with your faith in the Pats, you never wavered and I just
    wanted to say I thought that was really cool!
    They still had a great season, there are a lot of teams and fans that just wished their team
    would have gotten to the playoffs.
    The football threads here are really fun, I'm glad you participated.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

you could see this coming, the team is getting old with a lot of holes to fill. they need to be very active in free agency and get a few starters from the draft

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the Pats on their great run of 20 years. It will never be equaled as the NFL will make sure of it by all the rules they have in place now. Tom Brady and Billicheck have had one hell of a run and both should and probably will retire while they are still on top.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Had to go to bed right after the INT for TD. Couldn’t listen to the commentary after. It was a great run that will never be matched. Had a real up and down year - mostly dominating the 1st eight games and playing .500 the last half. Drafting in the 28-32 range for 20 years definitely caught up. Titans have a much better O-Line, RB, punter, and pretty even in most other areas (our secondary is better). Most disappointment for me - WR - Dorsett, Sanu, & Harry thought would help more. Hoping a SB victory for either Brees or Rodgers.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does Edelman drop that pass?

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<< I’m totally fine with them losing >>>

Only time i've ever seen Paul fib in his 20,342 posts. 😉

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2020 10:21AM

When the Patriots had first and goal at the one yard line, why did they call the same unsuccessful running play to the left three times in a row?

The analysts were saying that the league is knocking down door to hire the Patriots’ offense coach. Given those calls, perhaps he would be a good fit for the Cleveland Browns. ;)

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    When the Patriots had first and goal at the one yard line, why did they call the same unsuccessful running play to the left three times in a row?

The analysts were saying that the league is knocking down door to hire the Patriots’ offense coach. Given those calls, perhaps he would be a good fit for the Cleveland Browns. ;)

That is something that Garrett or what other idiot calls their plays would do. Like the time we were down 7 with a minute to go and we kick a FG! WTF! If we get the ball back ……..guess what......we still need a TD! And Garrett defended that call after the game! I could see him thinking (smoke is coming out of his ears) 2 FG's is 7 isn't it! WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!

@stevek said:
    <<< I’m totally fine with them losing >>>

Only time i've ever seen Paul fib in his 20,342 posts. 😉

😂. Well yea Ofcourse I wish they won but really I knew they were not going to make a serious run at the Super Bowl So what I mean is that I’m not devastated that they lost. Had they had the same team they had week 1 and were going on a rampage and lost I would have been really upset 😠

• EstilEstil Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I think they will get by the Titans by a 20-17 type score and then lose by 10+ to the Chiefs next week. I’m not feeling that optimistic about tonight’s game by any stretch though. Either way GO PATS!!!

Well you go the 20 part right anyway...oh boy is my wife NOT going to be happy! I don't even want to think about what the faithful(?) at Gillette were like after that game...

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Belichick's post-game presser is classic.
    https://youtu.be/g10aT8GggDg

Stephon Gilmore is the first player in NE history to win NFL Defensive Player Of Year. Oddly Chandler Jones finished 2nd in voting.

@erikthredd said:

Stephon Gilmore is the first player in NE history to win NFL Defensive Player Of Year. Oddly Chandler Jones finished 2nd in voting.

He had a great year. Except for the end of the regular season. But like Tom Brady says, and I'm paraphrasing, "I don't play to go to Pro Bowls, I play for rings."

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill Belichick attended Gronk's beach party in Miami. Gronk said that he thinks Bill was trying to get him back on the team.

I know I've said this before....Gronk should not come back. To be only the 2nd (Gale Sayers) HOFer to retire before 30 will be a true honor.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gronk is dumber than the smartest fox in the woods. Collected paychecks, has his health, lovin' life...hell no don't go back. Enjoy the ride as long as you can.

Not a chance Gronk goes back in my opinion.

I also read online that the Pats are prepared to offer Brady $30 million a year which is closer to what the higher paid QB's are making. We'll see if that's enough to get him back, but he's going to want some more weapons to work with I would think.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

When Brady said in the Super Bowl commercial "I'm not going anywhere." I took it he means to stay in New England. Personally I think it would turn my stomach to see him in a different uniform.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

edited February 6, 2020 1:06PM

@Brick said:
    When Brady said in the Super Bowl commercial "I'm not going anywhere." I took it he means to stay in New England. Personally I think it would turn my stomach to see him in a different uniform.

I hope your right Ralph, I took it as he wasn’t retiring

Brady is looking for a team that has some good receivers and the Pats do not at this point ! He only has a couple of good yers ahead of him and wants to make the most of them. He has given up plenty of money in the past to make the Patriots a better team. HE OWES THEM NOTHING

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Brady is looking for a team that has some good receivers and the Pats do not at this point ! He only has a couple of good yers ahead of him and wants to make the most of them. He has given up plenty of money in the past to make the Patriots a better team. HE OWES THEM NOTHING

Totally agree. I’d like to see him return but would also get a kick out of him giving Kraft and Belichick a big Middle Finger too

I want him to stay. Most other recent greats, like Montana and Favre and Manning, went elsewhere to finish. Brady is different, and I'd like to see him do this differently too.

I have been a Patriots fan since Butch Songin was their quarterback. Brady is a special person and deserves better than whaat the Pats are able to give him at this point.

There is a ridiculous story circulating online about Brady going to the Cowboys. It was apparently started by Colin Cowherd or Michael Irvin, but I don't believe it for a minute.

@doubledragon said:
    There is a ridiculous story circulating online about Brady going to the Cowboys. It was apparently started by Colin Cowherd or Michael Irvin, but I don't believe it for a minute.

A lot of that was conversation with a Vodka Cranberry in hand, nobody knows the amount of said Vodka Cranberry drinks though 🤷‍♂️

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

A lot of that was conversation with a Vodka Cranberry in hand, nobody knows the amount of said Vodka Cranberry drinks though 🤷‍♂️

It's amazing that a few Vodkas can lead to national headlines. ;)

@doubledragon said:

Since their season ended I've read similar articles saying he's going to the Dolphins,Cowboys,Raiders,Bucs,Giants,Chargers,Titans,Bears,Colts & Saints if Brees retires. I bet Tom has no clue yet where he's going let alone any of those teams know.

edited March 16, 2020 5:47PM

Kyle Van Noy just got a 4yr/50M/50G deal from the Dolphins. He's been a really underrated player during his time here and will be tough to replace. Jamie Collins is likely gone as well.

@erikthredd said:
    Kyle Van Noy just got a 4yr/50M/50G deal from the Dolphins. He's been a really underrated player during his time here and will be tough to replace. Jamie Collins is likely gone as well.

Collins signed with the Lions

Brady will make his decision on what he feels will be the best move for his last 2 years and not what Kraft and Bilecheck feel are the best move , I hope he stays too but feel he won't.

So Brady has made his decision to leave the Patriots. Which way do the Patriots go now?

@tommyrusty7 said:
    So Brady has made his decision to leave the Patriots. Which way do the Patriots go now?

Hopefully in the direction that makes Belichick fall flat on his face

I agree as Brady was the Patriots. Belichick used Brady for years at cheap money.

:(

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

As Dandy Don Meredith use to sing "Turn out the lights.....the party's over"!

@DIMEMAN said:
    As Dandy Don Meredith use to sing "Turn out the lights.....the party's over"!

It was quite a run though!! 🍻

I guess I won't see much of Brady this year as Tampa Bay does not get on tv much and I don't get the NFL package as it is overpriced now.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    I guess I won't see much of Brady this year as Tampa Bay does not get on tv much and I don't get the NFL package as it is overpriced now.

Honestly they will probably put them on the air more if Brady is at QB

I hope that is the case. I am disgusted with the whole thing at this point. Brady has taken less money for years to help improve the Patriots and now they refuse to pay him what he wants at the end of his career, I guess its just a business decision but I still don't like it.