Home Sports Talk
Options

New England Patriots 2019 discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ccmorgan said:

@bronco2078 said:

Bill is a great coach but kind of a garbage person. Screwing around with married women , spying , cheating , and in ways that don't even matter. Its like he is diseased . Stealing sideline video of the worst team in the league ?

You talking about Bill Clinton or some other Bill?

Billy B was the intended but Billy C sure fits the garbage bucket too

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Once again some morons give the team yet another black eye. If the rule is not video taping of the opponent. you don't video the opponent.

The team has enough talent to win, like deflate-gate, when the balls were all brought to correct inflation, they went on to CRUSH the Colts in the second half.

Whoever did the filming must be fired, you are dumber than a bag of rocks.

They are pretending that ernie doesn't look at the film :D

Bill should be suspended , the buck should stop there. He dodged that in deflategate by dumping the blame on Brady , he has dumped this the same way.

In deflategate they fired a few minions as though those guys thought it up, that was Bill not Tom.

Bill is a great coach but kind of a garbage person. Screwing around with married women , spying , cheating , and in ways that don't even matter. Its like he is diseased . Stealing sideline video of the worst team in the league ?

Totally agree. Why cheat with their history........especially on the Brown's! Like you need an edge to beat them!

• Options

Bill is a creep , have y'all ever seen the lousy way he talks to female reporters , if he wasn't coaching the Pats rest assured he would be beating up his old lady in some trailer park

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Bill is a creep , have y'all ever seen the lousy way he talks to female reporters , if he wasn't coaching the Pats rest assured he would be beating up his old lady in some trailer park

😂😂😂

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are aware of the cheating that has been done. Do we assume that every time they cheated they were caught? How many things have they gotten away with?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    We are aware of the cheating that has been done. Do we assume that every time they cheated they were caught? How many things have they gotten away with?

Probably a bunch of things. But we can also question how many other teams were doing the same stuff and nobody gave a crap?

• Options

we can be pretty sure the bengals , jets and miami aren't cheating .

Lets give Dallas and philly a pass too

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    we can be pretty sure the bengals , jets and miami aren't cheating .

Lets give Dallas and philly a pass too

Well they probably are trying but are so pathetic they can’t do it right and again nobody cares enough to keep an eye on them

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I think this is a Bellicheat thing. win at all costs slime bucket.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

The collapse at the end of the half does not bode well.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

GO PATS!!!

• Options

HUGE WIN!!!! 🍻🏈

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, the Pats’ D really came on strong at the end there.

• Options

Buffalo just isn't quite ready for prime time. Still pretenders, maybe next year they'll be
    ready to knock off the Pats.

• Options
    edited December 21, 2019 7:34PM

I was nervous about this game honestly but the Pats racked up over 400 yards of offense, granted they “Only” scores 24 points but the Bills have a very solid D so I’m happy with the way they played.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pats still on that upward trajectory which started with the Brady scramble against the Chiefs.

Gisele will be using all of her evil powers to make sure they win the SB :D because if that happens Tom's retiring.

LETS GO!

Stairway to Seven!!!

• Options

Yea, Tom might go on the high note if the Patriots win the Big Game. It’s going to be tough with Baltimore, Kansas City, Green Bay and San Francisco in the mix.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Having the 2 slot in the playoffs is huge - many Pats are banged up and can use healing time. Would love to see the Chiefs lose in Chicago, would give an extra week of rest for Edelman, Sanu, Cannon, and others that need extra time off.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Having the 2 slot in the playoffs is huge - many Pats are banged up and can use healing time. Would love to see the Chiefs lose in Chicago, would give an extra week of rest for Edelman, Sanu, Cannon, and others that need extra time off.

The Chiefs have 4 losses. The Pats should be sufficiently inspired to beat the Sardines (or “Minnows” if you think that’s kinder) next week. Yes, it would be nice for the above mentioned to get a week off, but two weeks might encourage rust.

• Options
    edited December 22, 2019 10:05AM

I am a big Odell Beckham fan today, for the time, in fact. I hope he has 12 catches, scores 4 touchdowns and leads Browns over the Ravens. The only way the Patriots are going to get passed the Ravens is if the game is in Foxborough.

• Options

GO BROWNS!! 😅

• Options

Tomorrow we continue to get stronger. Momentum will build. Playoffs loom.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    I am a big Odell Beckham fan today, for the time, in fact. I hope he has 12 catches, scores 4 touchdowns and leads Browns over the Ravens. The only way the Patriots are going to get passed the Ravens is if the game is in Foxborough.

Unfortunately Baker Mayfield saw this post, laughed and said, yeah but he's got me at QB so that aint happening.

• Options

GO PATS!!!!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said about a month ago. The doom and gloom about the Patriots lasts until December. The Bulls with Jordan are like the Patriots with Brady. It’s the regular season. Been there done that. Playoff time? Ok let’s get real. Still the defending Super Bowl champions and until they aren’t they are still the team to beat. BB hasn’t shown 1/2 his playbook and 1/5 of his defensive schemes.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Boy they have come out flat 😩😩😩, down 10

• Options
    edited December 29, 2019 12:39PM

Yea, Brady is showing his age today. He's missing open receivers with overthrows. The last red zone series that ended in a field goal was the most recent example.

They are in the playoffs, but it will be one out with that type of performance.

• Options

Never have I seen BB not try to put points on the board before half with 1:42 left and 3 timeouts. I sense he doesn’t have confidence in the offense, unfortunate this late in the season.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2019 12:44PM

Yes, nothing new and exciting when the Pats get the ball to start the second half.

This dead offense will kill the defense eventually because they will be on the field for too long.

Fitzpatrick looks like his fresh and bushy tailed. Brady looks like he’s half asleep.

BB is getting out coached to boot.

• Options

Well it’s been a nice run for the Pats! They will be one and done in the Playoffs and that will about wrap up the Brady reign.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Well it’s been a nice run for the Pats! They will be one and done in the Playoffs and that will about wrap up the Brady reign.

You called it earlier, upset even though favored by 16. Coaches have no confidence in team. When have you ever seen BB run out the clock before half with 1:42 and 3 timeouts? 🤮

• Options

It’s like BB has given up in the season when he does nothing at the end of the half with a minute and a half and three time outs in his pocket. :(

• Options
    edited December 29, 2019 2:27PM

I’m not even upset, I knew the writing was on the wall once they got rid of AB earlier in the year and started struggling to score. The D is really tired too. It’s all good though, like I said we had a very good run, the best ever and it will never be repeated.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow. They look(ed) pretty awful.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

You called it Paul...couldn't believe they beat the fish 43-0 in week 2.

Brady didn't look too sharp, I think the dynasty is between 3rd base and home. Great run!!!

• Options

Oh ye of little faith. Never count the Pat's out in a BIG game.

• Options

defense let fitzpatrick get 20 !

They picked on Gilmour and it worked , hows that :D

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Press photo of Tom Brady throwing the football in today's game.

Why Brady was wearing a flannel shirt in the game, it did not say?

• Options

BB and TB have never had to go 4-0 in the playoffs. It's time to check that box. I still believe.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2019 6:19PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    Oh ye of little faith. Never count the Pat's out in a BIG game.

They had a big game today. Belichick and Brady fell on their faces against one of the best bad quarterbacks in the league. Belichick went ultra conservative on offense, and Brady threw most of his passes to the cheerleaders. Then the best part of the team, the defense, fell flat on its face at when the team needed them. This team is toast. One and done.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    BB and TB have never had to go 4-0 in the playoffs. It's time to check that box. I still believe.

And Tom Brady has never been 42 years old before.

• Options

I'm not going to start bashing Tom Brady. He's 42 and led his team to a division title and
    a home game in the playoffs. Not too shabby.
    Now Philip Rivers is fun to bash. That idiot always starts the trash talking with the Chiefs and
    can never back anything up. Always loses. 5-11 this year, he plays like he's older than Methuselah
    and seems to think if he isn't back with the Chargers next year that some other team will want him.
    He's a washed up loser who never even got to the Super Bowl. Time to hang it up, you whining clown.

• Options

@Darin said:
    I'm not going to start bashing Tom Brady. He's 42 and led his team to a division title and
    a home game in the playoffs. Not too shabby.
    Now Philip Rivers is fun to bash. That idiot always starts the trash talking with the Chiefs and
    can never back anything up. Always loses. 5-11 this year, he plays like he's older than Methuselah
    and seems to think if he isn't back with the Chargers next year that some other team will want him.
    He's a washed up loser who never even got to the Super Bowl. Time to hang it up, you whining clown.

Totally agree!!! Go Chief's!

• Options

Obviously if the Pats don’t miraculously win it I’d be ok with the Chiefs winning it.

• Options
    edited December 30, 2019 1:50PM

@perkdog said:
    Obviously if the Pats don’t miraculously win it I’d be ok with the Chiefs winning it.

Best scenario: We beat the Titans. We beat the Chiefs. We beat the Bills (who upset the Ravens) We go to the SB.

2nd Best Scenario: We beat the Titans. We beat the Chiefs. We beat the Ravens. We go to the SB.

3rd Best Scenario: We Beat the Titans. We lose to the Chiefs. The Chiefs beat the Ravens. The Chiefs go to the SB.

4th best Scenario: We beat the Titans. We lose to the Chiefs. The Ravens beat the Chiefs. The Ravens go to the SB.

Worst scenario: We lose to the Titans. We all go home.

Edit to add: The Bills beating the Texans feels like the best for us.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭

Well, sorry to say it, but it looks like "wait till next year" to me with both the Patriots and Red Sox. The good news is we are only one day away from next year and hope streams eternal.

• Options
    edited December 31, 2019 5:58AM

Get ready to go home. The Titans are inspired and on the rise. They have Tannahill at quarterback, who could give Patriots trouble when he was with Miami and wasn’t injured.

Belichick and Brady could not get it together to beat Miami in a home game that would have earned them a week off. As I said before, Belichick showed that he has no confidence in his offense when he shut down the first half with a minute and a half to go and three timeouts. Then the defense folded like a cheap suitcase in the face if Fitzpatrick in the last three minutes of the game. Fitzpatrick!!! You don’t fold like that to a second rate quarterback who would be no more than a backup most anywhere else.

These guys are playing uninspired football. They look tired and Brady looks old. It’s been a remarkable, for the ages, run but it’s over.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never count NE out. I’ll believe it when I see it.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭

Seems like that Pats will have their hands full this weekend. Can they stop Henry without loading the box? The Titans seem to match up well here. B & B will probably find a way to get by the Titans this week, but I believe it will be a battle.