Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best forum quotes and terms, condensed

Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 8, 2018 8:16PM in U.S. Coin Forum

There is some golden phrasing around here. For posterity I will record some here. Stuff that rings true as a silver half, is insightful and succinct, or comical.

“Observable Reality “
Regarding varieties and errors, @FredWeinberg

“Elevation Chromatics”
Regarding toning and multiple layers of color on devices, @WingedLiberty1957

@messydesk said:
Nothing that a collector finds interesting and enjoyable is a complete waste of time or money. It's pretty cool...

Regarding unique laminations, but is a sentiment applicable to many facets of numismatics.

@Namvet69 said:
...As a new collector, time well spent is to use the Google and read about mint errors and other kinds of damage...Peace Roy

Regarding the perpetual question “Is this... mint error,rpm,ddo,ddr, a coin?” In threads authored by new posters (or trolls)

@lkeigwin said:

While I'm at it I am in strong agreement with @Insider2 who famously said "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Well, actually he said "please explain why you disagree, don't just hit the god-damned button."
Lance.

Regarding the absurd disagree feature on posts and how it does nothing but subtract integrity from members profiles and allows members to abuse the feature by the spam-harass-pestering of other members.

@TommyType
“Easily distracted Type Collector”
Signature

@lordmarcovan
“Circulation cameo”
https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/542501/show-us-your-circulation-cameos-circcam/p1

@thisistheshow
“Circulation Cameo”
Regarding the attractive dark and light contrast found of old circulated coin, particularly silver.

@JBK said:
PLD. Parking Lot Damage.

Regarding...

@OldEastside said:
Standard Answer when asked what is this worth or what should I pay :wink:

Steve

@Outhaul

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1010210/a-holiday-post-resurrected-from-2003-enjoy-and-reflect#latest

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file