Options

Lets build a 1952 Topps set.

Comments

• Options
    Jump on it Ralph!

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I have Mr. Houk autographed, but I know Ralph wants to post it. GO FOR IT RALPH!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have Mr. Houk autographed, but I know Ralph wants to post it. GO FOR IT RALPH! >>

Cool Doug - then I'll post #201. I think I have #209 also.
    Mike
  • Options
    think my next is 207 (unless somebody else has requested it)
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    This is Ralph's (Brick) card of Mr.Houk. Moved up into the right spot. Doug

• Options

Hi Doug - when he comes on board - how about editing your post to add it?

If not - I'll delete this pic.
    Mike
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Where's the Brick so we can go foreword building the set? >>

Brick was asleep at the wheel. Have it up in 5 minutes.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    I'll have 202 ready to go in a few.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Problem.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

• Options
    Ralph if you don't mind deleting your Houk I moved him up into the right spot and gave you credit. Thanks. Doug

• Options
    Beat me to the Collins Doug. I'm out until we get to the 210's. Let's post 'em guys!

One more post and we are more than 1/2 way thru this set!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Sweet cards!! Isn't Zuverink the last guy in the Baseball Encyclopedia? Can't wait to infuse more of my reprints into this thread!!! imageimage
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    Doug - please relocate this for me - thanx! I'll probably be gone all day and into the evening tomorrow - big day!

Mike
  • Options
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    Will do Mike, I'll copy them tonight and get them ready when they pop up. Nice cards there. Doug

• Options
    Hey guys ... why don't you send the cards via PM this way we keep the cards in order. Also, you won't have to go back and edit your post.

We are more than half way thru the set. What a great thread Downtown1974!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    One of the whackiest looks on a basball card.

• Options
    JOE OSTROWSKI (#206) ... where are you?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    They loved calling ballplayers with glasses "professor's" back in the day.

• Options

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
  • Options
    I see Mike (Stone) isn't logged on right now so I'm moving his card down to the right spot. Doug

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    lets see a 210 , I am ready and able to post 211, 212 213
  • Options
    Dick Fowler ... #210 ... where ya hiding?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
  • Options
    If you don't mind me jumping back in, I'll be running out of cards before too much longer.

• Options
    Tbanx Doug - good progress!

Great cards - Super Set!
    Mike
  • Options
    As I have said before, it's nice to have an auto on a '52 that's in decent shape.
    A retired bookkeeper, Mr. Coleman died September 19, 2010, at age 88.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One of the whackiest looks on a basball card.

image >>

Does anybody else think of Billy Bob Thornton in Slingblade when they see this card?
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Ned won 20 games out of the Browns total of 52 wins for the 1951 season. That is amazing

Garver remains the only pitcher in American League history and modern baseball history (post-1920) to win 20 or more games for a team which lost 100 or more games in the same season and the only pitcher in Major League history to do so with a winning record. Ted Williams, perhaps the greatest hitter in the history of baseball, said of Garver, "He could throw anything up there and get me out." Wiki

• Options

• Options
  • Options
    Doug ... now THAT is a nice card!

PS I have an autographed Bauer, but it's by far the worst conditioned '52 I own. I'll pass on posting and let someone else post Mr. Bauer.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Doug ... now THAT is a nice card!

PS I have an autographed Bauer, but it's by far the worst conditioned '52 I own. I'll pass on posting and let someone else post Mr. Bauer. >>

Why I posted my Nippy Jones image
  • Options

<< <i>PS I have an autographed Bauer, but it's by far the worst conditioned '52 I own. I'll pass on posting and let someone else post Mr. Bauer. Why I posted my Nippy Jones image >>

Ted ... the Bauer was in a lot of 400+ auto'd cards I purchased. I don't buy "dogs" individually, but since it came with that collection I kept it. Your Jones looks NrMt/Mt compared to my Bauer! LMFAO
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Well here's my Bauer. I apologize again for not digging the card out and scanning the back.

• Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Hope I can jump in here and post one of mine. Great thread, thanks to all.

Jeff

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PS I have an autographed Bauer, but it's by far the worst conditioned '52 I own. I'll pass on posting and let someone else post Mr. Bauer. Why I posted my Nippy Jones image >>

Ted ... the Bauer was in a lot of 400+ auto'd cards I purchased. I don't buy "dogs" individually, but since it came with that collection I kept it. Your Jones looks NrMt/Mt compared to my Bauer! LMFAO >>

i really want to see it now!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    edit: I see an 8 trumped my 7!

I did an 'autofix' on it:

Mike
  • Options
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    '52 was Bobby's MVP year winning 24 games. Not bad for a 5'7" pitcher.

• Options
    Doug

Please put up my 225 and 227 - won't be around till probably late tomorrow! Thanx
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Doug

Please put up my 225 and 227 - won't be around till probably late tomorrow! Thanx >>

I will try, I am covering (my news station) a memorial service for a fallen State patrol trooper and will be busy until about 1pm Pacific. Doug
  • Options
    And with this post I wish you all a GOODNIGHT!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Another one of my off-centered beauties. LOL. The other Doug is out for the evening.

• Options
    Anyone out there got 222?
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Here ya go Doug...

• Options
    Tinker to "Hoot"? to Chance? SWEET card!!