Cloyd is from Shane (frankhardy). Thanks Shane

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Tommy Brown is from Mike (Stone). Thanks Mike

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
  • Options
    "The Brownie fans were the best, although (Bill) Veeck should have owned a circus instead of a ballclub.Who else except a Brownie could say that they played ball with a midget or played in a game that the fans managed?" - Hank Arft

• Options
    I have posted 3 in row.......but they are pretty spaced out. I'll be happy to replace one if someone has it. The show must go on. Doug

• Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    haha I'd post if I had any! I'm out until 300 I think
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is razor sharp #287 Steve Bilko. image

Shane

• Options
  • Options
    This is a tough one to find autographed. Thanks Tony!

He batted over .300 every year from 1944 through 1948, peaking with a .352 mark in 1945 when he finished second in the National League batting race and was runner-up for the NL's Most Valuable Player Award. That season, Holmes set a modern NL record by hitting safely in 37 consecutive games from June 6 through July 8. His mark was broken in 1978 by Pete Rose. Holmes struck out just 9 times in 1945. His ratio of home runs (28) to strikeouts that season is one of the best in baseball history.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Keep em coming...

• Options
    HEY JEFF ... Where is the back of the Astroth card????

GIL COAN - I like where he signed the card.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

GIL COAN - I like where he signed the card.

+1 looks sharp there
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    I hate 7.5's when they should be 8's. Lol. Love the Tommy Holmes auto Doug, just awesome.

• Options
    That Baker is real nice!

We are on a roll guys (and I'm almost out of cards ... I have ZERO high numbers.)

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    We'll have to discuss our method on handling the high numbers. I only have about 5 of them so we have to see where we stand. Doug

• Options

<< <i>We'll have to discuss our method on handling the high numbers. I only have about 5 of them so we have to see where we stand. Doug >>

I have my 3 little Indians for high numbers
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    That Cooper looks AMAZING!

Well, I have a twelve mile run in the morning so this is the last one for me. GOODNIGHT!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    I have 4 Cardinals high numbers. That is one beautiful signature on that Holmes card, Doug.

You mentioned that you didn't have any high numbers - I wonder how much a common high number signed would go for? I would love to find a Mizell, Fusselman, Yuhas, or Rice signed.

Shane

• Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    I'm up to almost 20 high numbers, so I can help a little bit.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>I'm up to almost 20 high numbers, so I can help a little bit.

Mike >>

That's great Mike that will be very helpful. I looked at Vettfanatic's '52 thread and it looks like he has close to 20 as well, so we'll see.
  • Options
    jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I am bursting with fruit flavor to contribute to the continuation and can't wait to reach the high numbers and see all the Mantles and Mathewses. Please forgive my exuberance in posting 2 but I am feeling the love this evening.

Let's go Blackhawks. Most overrated band of the car ride home - Squeeze.

And remember pick 24 - Ryan Doumit; pick 25 - Jose Aredando (you will not regret it in August).

I love you all.

And the backs

• Options
    Up late, might as well post.

• Options
    #299 is from Mike (Stone). Finally got to it. Thanks Mike.

• Options
    kinda ugly for an 8, but the price was right image

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Someone else is up late..............Dan?
  • Options
    Work 3rd shift...so I'm here most late nights
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm up to almost 20 high numbers, so I can help a little bit.

Mike >>

That's great Mike that will be very helpful. I looked at Vettfanatic's '52 thread and it looks like he has close to 20 as well, so we'll see. >>

Come on boys wake up and post!!! I don't have another card until #328 so i'm out for awhile. I can help with high number commons , but unfortunately don't have any of the star cards. Jeff8877 should be able to help alot. He's closing in on 70% complete with this set in a short time. Just amazing!!

P.S. - How does that Red Rolfe not have an OC qualifier?
  • Options
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hitting 300 is incredible.

This may go down as one of the best threads on CU.
    Mike
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have #303 scanned and ready to go. After that you guys are on your own. Last one I have.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>Hitting 300 is incredible. This may go down as one of the best threads on CU. >>

And we got there in 39 days!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    It's been almost 5 hours unless someone else wants this spot. Another awesome 5, a small paper raise there on the upper right border I guess knocked it down.

• Options
    We still need an original Yogi Berra for this thread to be complete.

I have dibs on #334 Wilmer Mizell.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>We still need an original Yogi Berra for this thread to be complete.

I have dibs on #334 Wilmer Mizell. >>

I believe it was Billy Martin #175, Shane.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm done. Keep it going guys.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    This one is beat up, but I got the auto!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Down to my last 11 cards as the end is near for me. It's been fun, bumping the wife and kids off the computer to scan, fitting in a card during my work lunch break and shuffling cards of others around. It's been a blast, thanks guys. Doug

• Options
    We going to get to see Mickey tonight?
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    This was the first card I got back when I started my TTM campaign three years ago. He also wrote back a nice letter and I have to post it once I find the scan.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Have to get this bad boy into the lineup. If only it were the black star variation.image

• Options
    I have Jackie ready to go if we can get the Mick to show...

Jeff
  • Options
    Doug,

That is one beautifully centered old piece of cardboard with picture of a man on it! image

Now that I think about it, it WAS Billy Martin and not Yogi Berra. Whoops.

Come on, guys. We've got to get to Mantle. I hope it doesn't stop in the high numbers. I've got 4 that I want to show off. It has been a blast. Thanks to Doug and Doug for posting in my absence at times. I have seen some super nice cards that put most of mine to shame. My collection isn't so much about quality as it is completion.

Shane

• Options
    UGH it is a long way till my next one at 363 image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    Ah ... it is with sadness and tears in my eyes that I give to you the last autographed card that I own from this set. There is only one more low number and I do not own any of the HI #s. I will continue to follow this thread until EDDIE MATHEWS is posted! (No guys, not really any tears ... but it sounded good!)

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Doug it was a pleasure seeing all your signed cards, that is a labor of love right there. You did a terrific job on this thread and I really enjoyed some of the stories behind the autographs. The other Doug.
  • Options
    Doug and Doug...both you guys have some great cards. Thanks for sharing them with us all.

Jeff